AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure is.
P.S. Go Dawgs!

I love my Dawgs!!
I was just as outraged by her actions as everyone else. Obviously compassion is not popular with the masses or maybe I’m trying to personalize her behavior against my own poor decisions. Plus, the negative overload from following Birmingham social media that’s just relentless- not satisfied with simply the facts of her unbelievable terrible behavior, creating elaborate false rumors and fake CR social media accounts for further stirring up negative public opinion. Starting to realize I best return to following cases involving serial killers and violent murders- need to restore thicker skin for social media. ☺️

Well, I'm sure she will have to have her hair and nails done, great makeup and the perfect outfit. JMO

Her co-workers from the spa where she worked are definitely not friends any longer, if they ever were...in the article I posted above, many of them canceled appointments on Saturday, the day after she went missing, to post flyers for her.

She should probably go somewhere else to get her hair and nails done.

I'm not caught up on this today, but I want to make sure everyone is aware of this:
"... WVTM talked to Bessemer Cut-off District Attorney Lynneice Washington who says she discussed possible charges with police, but that would only come if a warrant were issued for her arrest."
Hoover police said charges were up to the DA (Washington).
DA Lynneice Washington

We don't know much about Carlee's life, maybe she felt like if she was missing for a few days, no one would even notice that she was gone. If her BF had broken up with her, he wouldn't notice. Maybe her parents were busy with their lives, I don't keep tabs on my adult children too much.

Maybe she wanted to know that she mattered. Not saying this is true, but perhaps she has a mental disorder, and truly felt alone, and wanted to see if anyone really cared about her.

If she accepts what she did was wrong, and does a diversion program of court ordered mental health treatment, maybe this would be an acceptable outcome. It sounds like she definitely needs it.

We don't know much about Carlee's life, maybe she felt like if she was missing for a few days, no one would even notice that she was gone. If her BF had broken up with her, he wouldn't notice. Maybe her parents were busy with their lives, I don't keep tabs on my adult children too much.

Maybe she wanted to know that she mattered. Not saying this is true, but perhaps she has a mental disorder, and truly felt alone, and wanted to see if anyone really cared about her.

If she accepts what she did was wrong, and does a diversion program of court ordered mental health treatment, maybe this would be an acceptable outcome. It sounds like she definitely needs it.
<modsnip: Rude> She lives with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
She doesn't "come from money." Her parents have good jobs. She works at a SPA. LOL
Not anymore! Last I read, she was terminated!

Carlee Russell, the woman who is suspected of faking her own kidnapping, is now fired from her job. Stuart Rome, owner of the Woodhouse spa in Birmingham, Alabama, confirmed to the New York Post that he has terminated Russell.

I'm not caught up on this today, but I want to make sure everyone is aware of this:
"... WVTM talked to Bessemer Cut-off District Attorney Lynneice Washington who says she discussed possible charges with police, but that would only come if a warrant were issued for her arrest."
Hoover police said charges were up to the DA (Washington).
DA Lynneice Washington

It sounds to me like DA Washington informed the chief what charges she thought she could successfully prosecute and now it's up to the Police to issue the arrest warrant and find a Judge willing to sign the warrant for CRs arrest.

Alabama woman Carlee Russell expected to face criminal charges in Jefferson County after confessing that abduction story was a lie

Carlee Russell – update: Alabama police ‘pretty much’ knew abduction story was a lie from the start

wonder if Ms. Russell got the idea for her hairbrained scheme from Chloe Stein? If so she should have paid closer attention to how that case played out

Stein was charged with false alarm to agency of public safety, false reports, obstruction of administration of law and other governmental functions, and disorderly conduct.

Chloe has a WS thread:

Not anymore! Last I read, she was terminated!

Carlee Russell, the woman who is suspected of faking her own kidnapping, is now fired from her job. Stuart Rome, owner of the Woodhouse spa in Birmingham, Alabama, confirmed to the New York Post that he has terminated Russell.
That might be a relief for her, as in early July (7th or 8th) she tweeted how the job was really getting on her nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat