AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this map identifying where CR 'saw' the wandering toddler. Using that I put together a Zillow map showing 36 current properties for sale in that area.

We have talked about the possibility she stayed in a property that was currently for sale. If so, I'd think the home was empty or staged. I'm particularly interested in the area around the Moss Rock Preserve. She described walking through the woods.

JMO

I think Carlee's idea of woods are tree lined lots in her neighborhood.

A question for you all. If your son or daughter had done something like this, they admitted it was a hoax and LE still wanted to speak with them, wouldn't you think that was the best thing for them to do? I really think if Carlee had spoken to the authorities with her attorney present she would have helped herself. As she stands today she's only created more animosity and disgust or is she hiding because there's more to her story and others involved? All JMO

A question for you all. If your son or daughter had done something like this, they admitted it was a hoax and LE still wanted to speak with them, wouldn't you think that was the best thing for them to do? I really think if Carlee had spoken to the authorities with her attorney present she would have helped herself. As she stands today she's only created more animosity and disgust or is she hiding because there's more to her story and others involved? All JMO
A local attorney that was interviewed answered yes if she had talked with the police (with or without attorney present) upon release from the hospital or shortly after. He seems to think she made the police do “work for it”, i.e., additional work, thus not cooperative.

Same! She must be covering for someone else. Otherwise, why not just say, at this point, that she was in a hotel room? Or perhaps she did illegally enter a residence, either by breaking in, or using a real estate access card/code/etc., which would then add more charges to her list. Or she used a fake ID in a hotel which may also bring another charge?

Or, getting back to the idea that there was some medical "situation" that would definitely incur more charges and possibly bring others into it...
Exactly. What is the big secret about where she was…..Hmmm?
This might get more interesting.

Last edited:
The tone and anger of the press conference really struck me.

Chief of Police Nick Derzis was visibly angry LE could not charge her with more serious charges. He is going to government to try to get that changed in the future. Alabama State's Attorney General Steve Marshall announced he will try this case himself.

The max CR faces now is up to a year in jail and a $6,000 fine. I don't think CR will get off with a just slap on the wrist.
There are too many eyes on her scam and potential trial. This will be interesting to follow.

JMO

ETA - grammar

Last edited:
Agreed, @Cubby !
This is a travesty ... and not one lesson learned in the process.
Where is the justice for the people wronged ?
So many were concerned and fearful for Carlee, only to have it backfire in their faces.
A sad day.
Omo.

I agree. She likes the attention even though it is negative. Her pic is everywhere. Even though she smiled and dressed up for the mugshot at least it was sans makeup and eyelashes and wig.
I don’t know. I kind of think these types just don’t want anyone to think they’re upset. They want to show they’re cool and not taken down by the “haters”. Appearance is everything to them. So, IMO, the smile isn’t because she likes the attention of being arrested, but to laugh at those who are disgusted with her. Sort of an arrogant, stubborn defiance.

So gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members