Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM. Really? She wasn't fragile when she followed through with placing a call to 911 with a fabricated story.

Nor was she fragile when she gave police her story about alleged abductors.

She had the strength to follow through with her plan, let her face the full repercussions of her actions.
I'm all for her facing the repercussions.
Healthy people do not contrive such situations.
Fragile ones do.

She should have been careful what she wished for. We reap what we sow.

I don't feel bad for her. I'm angry she's acting so cowardly after her shenanigans didn't work. She hasn't made an apology to the public. She hasn't owned her actions with the police. She's lying in the bed she made. It's a snowball effect of.her.own.making.
I don't feel bad for her either. Not one bit.
Carlee Russell has Carlee Russell to thank for the public's reaction to what she did. This is entirely on her, 100%.

As to social media creeps, yeah, they're creeps. I strongly suggest she give someone her social media passwords, have them login to all her accounts and close them all, immediately. I think social media has warped the minds of young people anyway, so the faster she's off there and maybe outside touching grass, the better. Once that's done, she's not going to see any terrible comments unless she goes looking for them. It's not as if these folks are sitting on her front lawn like we've seen in other cases of busybodies seeking attention for their YT channels.

How she handles herself going forward will dictate how the public responds to her.

jmo

Why haven’t police declared Carlee Russell’s claims as false? | Morning in America​

Jul 21, 2023 #MorningInAmerica #CarleeRussell #Alabama
Despite the lack of initial evidence supporting Carlee Russell’s story, NewsNation legal contributor Jesse Weber says police’s first objective is to determine if any aspect of her story “can be backed up,” as well as why she potentially fabricated it.

Shame is so destructive it is considered by this author to be almost akin to death.
Carlethia is not there yet, but that letter is in the mail, imo, speculation.rbbm

View attachment 436207
''It is by Dr David Hawkins whose most well-known book is “Power vs Force” and in that book he calibrated various emotions on an energetic scale of consciousness. Full Enlightenment is at the top at 1000; this is the energy of Jesus Christ, the Buddha, and Krishna. Peace is at 600. Joy at 540 and at the bottom is Shame. Shame is ranked at 20. It is barely survival and close to death.

Hawkins describes shame as: “Characterized by humiliation, as in ‘hanging your head in shame.’ It is traditionally accompanied by banishment. It is destructive to health and leads to cruelty toward self and others.”
Assuming a person can feel shame. Not everyone can.

I’m wondering who at HPD actually wrote that. Maybe CR has a friend there?
It just seems odd, imo.
It is odd. Why would a police department interject themselves is the question, we can understand them reaching out to LE investigating the case but why issue a public statement too? I don't believe that the public was aware of the visit or even asking questions about it. Really strange.

I have a question that maybe LE can ask her, when she finally is questioned:

Was the mysterious un-seen woman in the semi feeding her Cheeze-its ...one at a time? .....Like a baby bird? Or did she shove a handful in her mouth? More than once or twice...

And, did they offer her a beverage to wash it down?

Just curious....

:rolleyes:

I think what’s most disturbing is that in light of her serious actions she shouldn’t be allowed to take the lead and set the pace.

The police should move in and do what they have to do. Otherwise it sends the message that you can mess around with law enforcement protocol without swift consequences.

It should be very black and white and not a murky area.

I feel for her dilemma but that should be beside the point.

For example when someone is stopped and found to be driving under the influence, there may have been a legitimate crisis which caused them to do so, and we might have a lot of empathy and compassion— but it doesn’t effect law enforcement protocol on that particular issue. It should be no different here.
Excellent point. We live with this BS every day and everyone is suffering the consequences.

IMO, Carlee Russell used the terrifying image of a toddler in diapers, in distress...to get the reaction she desired. An Amber Alert. Which didn't happen.
And by her doing the above, she p*ssed alot of people off. Me included. And I will stand tall with my anger and disgust.

MOO and Peace

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
She took time,resources, and attention away from real victims,and blamed a white,red headed guy. It's just as bad as Papinni blaming latinos,or Susan Smith with her black carjackers, 1930s cartoon character description. I hope they throw the book at her. It's unacceptable. No excuses for this. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
As for Carlee, the best thing would be to take ownership of her ridiculous actions asap. The longer this drags on, the worse it will be for her. Who knows, American culture and media love a good comeback story, so maybe after a proper mea culpa she might even come out of this (in the future) relatively unscathed.

I think the sense of outrage is because so many people feel betrayed. People who advocate for mental health thought they saw a poster child. So did busy, hard-working nurses. Women of color felt seen for once. Reproductive health was an issue some saw lurking in the background and were ready for a case-study in what's currently happening in our nation. Others saw human trafficking and felt the need to advocate and worry. Those concerned about young adults after lockdown thought they saw an example we need to learn from. She seemed like a young person to root for, studying and working toward a sunny future. And, many/most were attracted to her beauty.

And it was all fake. The let-down feels personal because so many people, from many walks of life, felt connected to her. She was relatable. For many people, she was "one of us." Until she wasn't.

JMO
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Thank you so much. Very, very Well Said.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> IMOO- I think what they're saying is: do you see how ppl in media & social media are so upset. Even on this moderated thread it comes out. Often times in scenarios where a family speaks out on behalf of a member tht has done something wrong & a strong outcry from the public occurrs- It becomes fair game to the trolls. Theyll even go so far as to seek out ways to vent online and on the phone toward thise supporters like they did something- even when they have NOT, IMOO. Some employers won't stand up to tht kind of pressure -they'd rather see them gone. We hv seen it in more heinous cases
- wives losing jobs- members upending their lives to get away from scrutiny. Actually moving out of state etc.

I don't think I would tell her to speak to LE. They cannot PROVE that she deliberately did this. Both Smolett and Papini got jail time and complete social ruin. If I were lawyer I would tell her to keep her mouth shut and to go into seeking a therapist. If they did pull surveilance footage I would run the angle of eating edibles and having a psychotic break. Much of what she said can be attributed to that.
She’s in this predicament this far from lying and then telling more lies to cover her lies. I don’t think encouraging her to tell even more lies is a good idea. IMO. How about tell the truth and apologize for all the trouble she’s caused?

She’s in this predicament this far from lying and then telling more lies to cover her lies. I don’t think encouraging her to tell even more lies is a good idea. IMO. How about tell the truth and apologize for all the trouble she’s caused?
She is another Cayce Anthony as far as telling lies. Just shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat