Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, cap murder chg, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22*Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say IMO, because I don't remember where I heard it, but she sold her house in anticipation of retirement and going to the beach. Or so she said.
Right, but I'm wondering what she told her mother? Her mother knew nothing about retirement or beaches. VW just up and sold her house and moved in with her mother. Surely that requires some kind of explanation? I just wonder what it was. jmo

Mother of missing Lauderdale Co. corrections officer describes last morning together - WAAY TV
<snipped & BBM>
It's not only Vicky's mom who is worried. Her younger nephew has been anxiously waiting for his aunt to return home.

"He called me again and said, 'Nana, I just can't believe this. This is not my Aunt Vicky,'" said Davis.

Church members have been stopping by to check on Davis.

"They're in shock, and they're hurt. We don't know, one day to the next, what's going to happen," she said.

[…]

Davis said Vicky never intended on starting a career in law enforcement, but when the opportunity came up 16 years ago, she accepted.

"Somebody called her one day and said, 'Hey, there's an opening at the jail.' And she just took it, and she's been there ever since. I guess it was just a job," said Davis.

100% agreed.

She’s just doing what too many people have done- throwing it all away or risking it all for some dude or some woman. We’ve seen it too often. Rarely just like this, but often in more horrific circumstances.

She must have been susceptible to his charms. He sure seems to know what he’s doing.

Chances are high that she’s already dead given that lump sum amount she got. It wouldn’t take two people too far. But it would take one guy pretty far in a place like Mexico or Ecuador. If he’s not robbed and murdered first.

I’m curious as to how much of the $95k she has in cash. I don’t believe you can even withdraw $95k in cash without going through an involved process with the bank, and normally they have limits on how much cash you can withdraw in a single day. Since she sold her house 5 weeks ago, theoretically she could’ve withdrawn it in increments over those 5 weeks. MOO.

I see this as a woman who was emotionally vulnerable and didn’t have a lot left to live for aside from her mother, and who had followed the rules and life hadn’t really worked out. She felt romantic desire and adoration and uniqueness for the first time in a long time, if not the first time ever, and the aspect of forbidden activates more brain chemistry (weren’t we all teenagers once?) and this all gave her something extremely powerful to look forward to. Her ex husband died (she is a widow in my eyes, given their amicable relationship), the house was empty, she had worked enough … I find it completely understandable that she submitted the retirement paperwork. She was a rule follower right up until the moment she wasn’t, but she thought about that moment for years, I bet this investigation reveals. I think this relationship basically gave a lonely vulnerable woman a reason to live.

I’d have a hard time as a juror sending her to jail. She needs mental health treatment, a purpose and more reasons to live.

It’s very sad. You make a person’s heart hurt for her! But also infuriating. She is endangering other people with this.

I’m curious as to how much of the $95k she has in cash. I don’t believe you can even withdraw $95k in cash without going through an involved process with the bank, and normally they have limits on how much cash you can withdraw in a single day. Since she sold her house 5 weeks ago, theoretically she could’ve withdrawn it in increments over those 5 weeks. MOO.

Good question. And good point. And if she didn’t withdraw it all, you know he was putting on the pressure, knowing his window of opportunity was closing. What could she possibly have thought would be the outcome of all this!!

Last edited:
So she was married once? When and for how long? Anyone know?

If you can believe the Daily Mail - two stories:
Family of Alabama jail officer who 'helped an inmate escape' says she wouldn't have gone willingly | Daily Mail Online
Alabama sheriff's department releases new photos of inmate facing murder charges | Daily Mail Online

When Vicky's former mother-in-law was interviewed, she said that Vicky was married for 2-3 years to her son, 16 years ago, but remained friends with her ex (Tommy White) until he passed away earlier this year from young Parkinson's/dementia.

PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act) and 'Undue Familiarity' are regularly reviewed and reintroduced to Staff in correctional settings (at least here in NC- we do no less that 6 learning modules a year on them). We have signs hanging all over our facilities reminding what the signs and red flags are. Yet it still happens- someone, for whatever reason, fails to pay head to caution and steps over that line. Careers ended, families devastated, lives changed forever. People are people, and they are going to sometimes do whatever they want, no matter the consequences. It's beginning to look more and more like Ms. White was a willing participant, but until they are both in custody we won't know the entire story. IMHO

I feel sorry for her mom and the Ridgeway family. It caught my eye that Vicki White has been living with her mom for 5 weeks because she sold her home. This isn't looking good for Vicki. Sells her home/ files for retirement. etc etc.
The Ridgeway family. I can't even imagine. Connie's case went cold, but they continued to have hope and hold vigils every year. Then a confession letter out of the blue that sparked some renewed hope for justice. And now this. It's really awful.

I understand that CW is some kind of psychopath. But VW must be too if she could do this to Connie's family. How cold and selfish do you have to be to do something like this?? IMO

So she was married once? When and for how long? Anyone know?
Cops issue arrest warrant for female Alabama jail guard, 56, who 'helped murder suspect, 38, escape' | Daily Mail Online
Frances, 88, says Vicky was married to her son Tommy White more than 16 years ago for about two to three years, eventually leaving him when his drug problems got bad.

What I don't understand is that she left her husband due to drug issues, still came around to help due to health issues and leaves her career and would lose everything for a murderer? I don't get it. IMO

Cops issue arrest warrant for female Alabama jail guard, 56, who 'helped murder suspect, 38, escape' | Daily Mail Online
Frances, 88, says Vicky was married to her son Tommy White more than 16 years ago for about two to three years, eventually leaving him when his drug problems got bad.
What I don't understand is that she left her husband due to drug issues, still came around to help due to health issues and leaves her career and would lose everything for a murderer? I don't get it. IMO

Apparently drug issues were a deal breaker but kidnapping, carjacking, and murdering were selling points. This whole situation is so bizarre. MOO.

Good question. And good point. And if she didn’t withdraw it all, you know he was putting on the pressure, knowing his window of opportunity was closing. What could she possibly have thought would be the outcome of all this!!
A quick Google tells me cashing out amounts over $10k may require some "paperwork." Obviously ATM transactions are limited to several hundred dollars a day. UNLESS she sold the house to a buyer who paid cash?? That'd probably be a rare situation, though. Cash in real estate usually means "no mortgage required so we are wiring the seller our cash to their bank" but I'm referring to a weird situation where someone could have paid her cash, in hand, outside of a bank. Probably didn't happen, right? So, maybe she had the "paperwork" I referenced in my first sentence authorized a few weeks ago, by her bank, so did indeed have her house sale funds in hand in cash?

The pension thing still floors me. Even if the paperwork she turned in on her last day was her final paperwork, did she really think she'd be able to have funds direct deposited monthly or however often, and she'd make withdrawals and no one would notice? Even an Amazon purchase has to be delivered somewhere. I know folks who are fulltime RVers and can have products delivered to a generic post office address without owning a PO box in that post office - called "general delivery @" - but that could be traced as well!

Last edited:
I just can't wrap my head around why they are using an old photo of Vicki with a small more recent photo inserted on the wanted poster. And the U.S. Marshal no less! I would think the U.S. Marshal would know that people need to see the more recent photo front and center to be able to actually identify someone.

9bdbb408-9638-11e2-9e23-09dce87f75a1_gallery.html

I just can't wrap my head around why they are using an old photo of Vicki with a small more recent photo inserted on the wanted poster. And the U.S. Marshal no less! I would think the U.S. Marshal would know that people need to see the more recent photo front and center to be able to actually identify someone.

The most recent photo, with the blue background, looks to be a driver's license photo. That is the one they should blow up, and minimize the one from 25 years ago.

I just can't wrap my head around why they are using an old photo of Vicki with a small more recent photo inserted on the wanted poster. I would think the U.S. Marshal would know that people need to see the more recent photo front and center to be able to actually identify someone.
Me neither. The Blue Alert image issued by the state of MS seems much newer and better. And when I tried to access that site earlier several times, it kept
9bdbb408-9638-11e2-9e23-09dce87f75a1_gallery.html

The most recent photo, with the blue background, looks to be a driver's license photo. That is the one they should blow up, and minimize the one from 25 years ago.
Absolutely!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member