Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they have $95k cash, that isn't going to last a lifetime. If they were really cheap and only spent $1k a month, that only lasts 7 years.

She likely had another cash stash, from her savings habits. Let's just say $100k.

How long did she think this was all going to last? That he was going to stay with her as she gets older?

She will have lost her retirement funds, her Social Security, and imperiled her healthcare.

She also isn't eligible for Social Security funds for the next 8 yeras, without a penalty

I don't see any reason to think VW would be any kind of mastermind at planning to be on the run once they got out of her area of expertise, which is inside the jail only. So I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't put much thought into the color of the SUV tbh.

Even if they have $95k cash, that isn't going to last a lifetime. If they were really cheap and only spent $1k a month, that only lasts 7 years.

She likely had another cash stash, from her savings habits. Let's just say $100k.

How long did she think this was all going to last? That he was going to stay with her as she gets older?

She will have lost her retirement funds, her Social Security, and imperiled her healthcare.

She also isn't eligible for Social Security funds for the next 8 yeras, without a penalty

As other posters indicated earlier, I think he'll use her until his needs are met, whatever those needs may be.

Then, he'll get rid of her.

He'll probably be found and either killed or herded back to prison.

JMVHO.

I wonder about this as well.

ETA: @SherryLock , thanks for your quick response!
If the felony was directly related to your job & you were convicted of the felony, you would lose your pension. However, the Employee Retirement System would have to reimburse your payments you’ve made into the retirement system.

Love seeing everyone’s ideas as I just don’t see that area where the car was found as a good idea at all. I wouldn’t abandon the car where it sticks out like sore thumb. Very few houses there that I guarantee know what does and doesn’t belong where. The could of have done a swap on 65 in a busy parking lot where no one would pay any attention. And why spray paint it if you are just swapping and going. I have thought they wouldn’t go far as they never have - that familiarity I agree with. I wonder if they did break down and stole a car from a close by. Or further If they killed the residents of a home it wouldn’t be reported stolen quickly. Either something big enough to sleep in or something they just turned right back around in and parked somewhere inside. Are they both even alive? So many questions.
I don’t know. Vicki had her radio so she knew they hadn’t been reported missing yet. Parking the car so it was blocking traffic assured it would be towed as quickly as possible. The car being towed before anyone even knew they were missing let alone what vehicle they were in was ideal. It’s a bit odd that she left her handcuffs and radio in the car though. Why not throw them in the woods to avoid being linked to vehicle?

Could the green paint have been added by someone random after it was at the tow lot? It sat there a week.

I ask because this article says the towing guy remembered the orange car with damage to the left rear bumper. But the green paint wasn't mentioned. (Of course, it could have been mentioned in articles that have more details.) I guess, to me, graffiti seems likelier than VW and/or CW attempting to paint it in the middle of the road. (And I doubt they would have painted it prior to then because an orange car stands out; an orange car with a weird, sparkly green patch would really stand out.)

I wonder how they got away from the orange car. There are houses around (though spread out), it would have been the middle of the day and, if seen, they would have been pretty conspicuous walking along the edge of the road. Cutting through people's property could be potentially problematic too. Some landowners don't take kindly to trespassers. It's not completely remote if it was called in and towed within an hour or two of it appearing.

I think they had a second vehicle stashed in TN close to where the orange one was abandoned. They picked up the second car, both drove separately to the intersection, deserted the orange car, and took off together in the second car.

Still can't figure out why it was abandoned in the middle of the road but perhaps so the other car's (if there is one) hiding spot wasn't revealed.

Just my random speculations.... MOO.

That was my first thought when I saw that they had found the orange car so close by. She didn’t buy one nice car to escape in, she bought two cheap cars, with the intent to ditch the first one quickly. She basically bought a burner car. Worked like a charm. LE was looking for the orange car for a week while the escapees were headed who knows where driving who knows what.

Edit: typo

Hmmm ... still haven’t located them ... I’m surprised actually. And I’ve got to say... the reporting on this case is not always trustworthy. I’ve read VW bought CW clothes before and after the escape but before is more believable. I’ve read her radio was found in her LE vehicle and in the orange Ford Edge. Also that they had a romantic relationship and that they did not. And since this whole thing started a week ago CW has grown from 6’6” to 6’9” and gained 40 pounds but ... VW has lost 10 pounds! No wonder we have such a difficult time getting the story straight! Keep your sense of humor fellow sleuths, the one thing we can be absolutely sure of is that they are on the run, are armed and dangerous and need to be caught. Moo

The motorhome or RV idea makes a lot of sense. They can stay on the move and don’t have to use hotels / toilet facilities and risk being spotted.

Mind you, this is so mad that it’s maybe just as likely that they’re hiding somewhere local and haven’t actually made it very far since they abandoned the orange car. I’m less convinced by this theory on basis that the orange car thing was weird from the off and looks a lot like a red herring, plus if very little was found in the vehicle, they had to have been carrying the stuff they’d taken with them. That’s much less likely if they’re on foot.

I think the most likely scenario involves a second vehicle of some description.
I can't wait to find out what the actual logistics of this are. I have to agree with most that it is highly likely that the orange car was a decoy. Nevertheless, IF it turns out that the supposed decoy car actually DID break down, then it was dumb of VW to not ensure that the orange Edge was in good working order. Given that they haven't turned up or we haven't heard of any other tips, I have to agree with the second vehicle theory as well. Perhaps they drove the Edge to the second vehicle, separated and then both drove in separate cars to the location where they abandoned the Edge and paired up again in the other vehicle. Can you get an Uber or Lyft in the middle-of-nowhere Tennessee? I think she rented a cabin or a hotel room fairly close by for the first night and then they made tracks. JMHO

As other posters indicated earlier, I think he'll use her until his needs are met, whatever those needs may be.

Then, he'll get rid of her.

He'll probably be found and either killed or herded back to prison.

JMVHO.

Given his lawyer's description of how he is okay in an incarcerated setting, but can't get his medication so he turns to methamphetamine when free, I think he'll accidentally kill the one person who is keeping him alive - and then he'll repeat the suicide by police officer stunt that he pulled in 2015, except this time he'll come out shooting.

I can't wait to find out what the actual logistics of this are. I have to agree with most that it is highly likely that the orange car was a decoy. Nevertheless, IF it turns out that the supposed decoy car actually DID break down, then it was dumb of VW to not ensure that the orange Edge was in good working order. Given that they haven't turned up or we haven't heard of any other tips, I have to agree with the second vehicle theory as well. Perhaps they drove the Edge to the second vehicle, separated and then both drove in separate cars to the location where they abandoned the Edge and paired up again in the other vehicle. Can you get an Uber or Lyft in the middle-of-nowhere Tennessee? I think she rented a cabin or a hotel room fairly close by for the first night and then they made tracks. JMHO

Could they have used a motorcycle to get to another location? Seems like most are assuming that a second car was in the area of the abandoned vehicle. I agree that the they headed in a different direction after abandoning the second vehicle they used.

I don't think they would risk renting a cabin or hotel any night. They made tracks, and they seem to have disappeared in the backwoods. Perhaps they have a balance in their relationship where they'll both be alive until one of them dies or they are found.

Disclaimer: I am a law enforcement supporter, but I can’t help but be very concerned about the way this situation is being handled.

What amazes me is that after dropping the ball on every aspect of logical investigative procedure the first 48 hours, the sheriff seems have a lackadaisical attitude.
(satire warning)
Oh, oops we posted confidential details about the car on Facebook. My bad! Whoops, the car was abandoned on a public road stripped of its license plate five days ago and we just now found out about it. Somebody forgot to tell authorities in the neighboring state about the flaming burnt orange car and dangerous murderer armed with long guns who vowed to kill his ex as soon as he got out. Whose daddy lives in Tennessee.
I hope he’s pulling a Columbo, because this is a serious situation that requires a coordinated, all hands on deck response. MOO
Am I the only one who finds it strange that Lauderdale County Sheriff is even taking the lead in this investigation?
It seems to be a massive conflict of interest. For instance, say this pair harm or even kill people during this manhunt, the county sheriffs department would likely face major civil liability for their obvious negligence in staffing and running that jail. It’s weird that another county or a state law enforcement agency is not handling this investigation instead IMO.

I said this in thread 1. My husband is 6’6” and doesn’t attract as much attention as this thread assumes.

But how can you know he doesn’t attract attention? Just because people don’t point and stare and say rude things doesn’t mean he isn’t more memorable than the average person. And when you get to 6’9”, you’re at even greater risk of being memorable, I’d think.

all MOO

Am I the only one who finds it strange that Lauderdale County Sheriff is even taking the lead in this investigation?
It seems to be a massive conflict of interest. For instance, say this pair harm or even kill people during this manhunt, the county sheriffs department would likely face major civil liability for their obvious negligence in staffing and running that jail. It’s weird that another county or a state law enforcement agency is not handling this investigation instead IMO.
No...I was really surprised it was the Sheriff who led the press conference on Friday. I was under the assumption that the U.S. Marshal Service was in on this now...and that THEY would be the lead on this investigation. But they were nowhere to be seen during Friday's press conference. Maybe it's their custom to sort of stay in the background and let local LE be the "face" of the investigation to the media.

No...I was really surprised it was the Sheriff who led the press conference on Friday. I was under the assumption that the U.S. Marshal Service was in on this now...and that THEY would be the lead on this investigation. But they were nowhere to be seen during Friday's press conference. Maybe it's their custom to sort of stay in the background and let local LE be the "face" of the investigation to the media.
Thanks. I think the US Marshals are involved for the fugitive apprehension aspect, not the overall investigation of the incident?
Thinking of how for instance when a police officer is suspected of a crime committed in the line of duty, generally the officer’s own department doesn’t lead the investigation they get an outside agency to do so to avoid improper conflicts. The sheriff in this case was pretty much the suspect VW’s boss, and was elected to among other things, oversee that jail. I think having him also leading the investigation is questionable. I don’t know much about Alabama but looks like they have a state law enforcement agency called ALEA, wonder if they are involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho