Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe for a minute that the couple were on foot or if they were, it was brief because they had another vehicle already lined up. He is assuming the vehicle had mechanical issues when it's possible they purposely ditched it because they had another vehicle to transfer to.

I find Singleton very simplistic in his approach to an investigation, making assumptions about them being on foot, etc.

I've been thinking about ways VW could access money that is not related to her own bank accounts. One of the most frequent characteristics associated with VW is that she is a friendly, nurturing person who is concerned about the well being of the inmates.

I was reading an article about what happens to your property when you are convicted of a crime and incarcerated. Ideally, most of the processes should be in place before you become an inmate because once you are incarcerated you are no longer allowed to access your bank account.

So if you didn't take care of business like canceling subscriptions to cable, streaming services, newspapers, etc. those charges will decimate your account and now, not only are you incarcerated, when you get out you'll have crappy credit. The same goes for any rental charges you may need to take care of, if you rent your home, etc. Property taxes need to be paid otherwise it will be seized.

What you can do, if you didn't take care of this before the door closes behind you (and there isn't really any way the courts help you out here) is have someone you trust like a good friend or a close relative take care of these things. That means you have to give them access to your bank account. As the article states, trust is a big thing but there is no guarantee that you won't get burned.

So my thinking is what if VW, in her role as a nurturer and all around motherly type, agreed to help out some inmate or two, perhaps someone who may be elderly or lived alone, and paid their property taxes for them and occassionally checked on the property to make sure someone doesn't squat there .

All this could have occurred before she met CW, and she's been doing what she said she'd do but now things are different. She's a felon, on the run with a dangerous individual, and she could clean out their bank accounts without raising red flags. She wouldn't even need a different debit card. She could get the card from the inmate or his belongings and they could give her the access code. If she only used ATM machines she wouldn't need to go to a bank.

Here's the link:

I haven't caught up yet, so hopefully this hasn't already been discusssed.
I’m thinking the authorities probably aren’t being that candid about what they know or actually think.

Okay...I've been thinking about things for a while this afternoon.

It seems all are in agreement, still, that the Ford was a "decoy" car...but disagree on whether there was an RV waiting for them, a second car waiting for them, or whether a third-party acquaintance helped them out.

Like some in the previous thread, I don't buy the third-party idea; the more people know about stuff, the more likely it is that someone will slip and the whole thing begin to unravel. Considering how "calculated and planned" this escape seems to be, and that over a week has gone by since they were last seen, it seems extremely unlikely that Vicky would go along with something like that.

On the other hand, Casey White knows people in Tennessee and might have been convincing...so maybe Vicky DID allow that?

And my final new thought on this...being that it HAS been a week since the pair was seen together...I'm starting to get a feeling that they are both dead already. Someone who is 6'9" tall can't hide for long...unless they have reached a "safe house" where either a disguised Vicky or someone else is helping them get supplies. But then, that would go to support the idea that a third-party (and maybe a fourth-party) are now in on it...and that means more and more people knowing about this whole thing and an increased chance of getting caught.

So, it seems we go around in a circle. Billy Preston would be proud.

I would’ve thought the same thing about third parties being unlikely until the Sherri Papini case. She had an ex boyfriend and two of his relatives know about where she was during her supposed kidnapping and they held onto that info for five years!

I think the abandonment of the orange care is a decoy. The attempt at spray painting is part of that decoy. How many cans of spray paint would it take to do even a slightly credible job of covering a bright copper color? Where were those many cans kept until they were needed? If they were purchased last minute or as a response to an immediate need, wouldn't that attract attention of a store owner?
The possibility of a motorcycle has been mentioned, but I can't see those two on the same motorcycle.
I think they had a second car stashed and it was picked up and the first one abandoned.
If they have a car, they can even sleep in it temporarily, best bet is a pickup with a camper on the bed. It would blend right in. MOO MOO MOO

Am I the only one who finds it strange that Lauderdale County Sheriff is even taking the lead in this investigation?
It seems to be a massive conflict of interest. For instance, say this pair harm or even kill people during this manhunt, the county sheriffs department would likely face major civil liability for their obvious negligence in staffing and running that jail. It’s weird that another county or a state law enforcement agency is not handling this investigation instead IMO.
Sooooo strange they haven’t pulled Littleton and put an FBI or other agency rep in as spokesperson.

Last edited:
If VW stashed a second vehicle ahead of time, as far as at least 2 hours from her home/starting point, there would have to be an Uber, a taxi, or a friend/family member who picked her up and brought her back home. And where to stash this second vehicle? In a nearby town, perhaps a similar parking area (with no cameras) as the orange vehicle was originally left waiting for them to use. Just speculating, of course, as many of us do....car stashed parked a bit north or south of where orange Ford abandoned, second car picked up first, drive separately to Banner Adams Rd, unload all stuff into second vehicle, leave orange car to be found and take off in second vehicle. Such a plan indeed. The lucky thing is for them, this took a week to be discovered and who even knows what direction they headed after that. Maybe even back south or southeast again.

I don't see any reason to think VW would be any kind of mastermind at planning to be on the run once they got out of her area of expertise, which is inside the jail only. So I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't put much thought into the color of the SUV tbh.
Definitely. It’s not like she’s been living off the grid her whole life.

I don’t think most people see her as a straight up criminal mastermind.(The waddling takes away from that ominous title, don’t ya think?) ;) But the District Attorney says she is smart, Tyson Johnson says she was smart and cunning and had a dark side, and her former mother in law says she’s a saver ($). In fact the DA even says she’s the person they’d go to if there was a problem and she’d fix it. On the other hand, CW’s former attorney says he wouldn’t say CW was slow, but he’s not quick with it. He also needs meds and is a substance user. So I think it’s less that anyone thinks she’s some cartel/mafia/crime ring mastermind and more that she’s the most likely of the two of them to have committed to this kind of planning.

Last edited:
He would have needed his meds when he was at the jail. Perhaps she authorized a reorder more than once and was able to stockpile meds for him. I know that would be difficult in a well run jail but this jail was far from that.

I also wonder how in the world she did all of this implementation of the plan for escape when her mother says she went to work and came home and ate dinner and walked the dog. MOO MOO MOO

From your link ...

“Casey suffers from a mental illness,” [Casey's lawyer] said. “... When he’s on medication and in a supervised environment... he’s a decent person. When he gets out of incarceration, he is unable to stay on his medication and he even self medicates by smoking methamphetamine or taking other illegal substances.”​
...​
“He can’t function in the real world because he can’t get his medication and he doesn’t do well free,” Bryant said. “That is a little concerning when you talk to someone and they say, ‘I can’t function outside of an incarcerated facility’.”​
“Just his size alone,” Bryant added. “I’m 6-foot-3, 220 pounds and he makes me feel small.”​
...​
“Casey told me several times that he hated being in Donaldson prison,” Bryant said. “... He just wanted out of Donaldson prison. I’m not saying he didn’t commit the murder of Ms. [Connie] Ridgeway, but I’m saying the reason he confessed to the murder was to get out of Donaldson prison.”​
Investigators revealed that Vicky and Casey may have been planning this escape for over a year. However, Bryant said that he was shocked by the sophistication of the escape because it doesn’t seem like something Casey could do."​
VW would not be safe in this situation.
BBM
I am not so sure about Vicky being in danger after reading this about Casey. He cannot function in the real world because he needs his medication, supervision and a structured environment. He seems to be totally aware of his limitations. Seems like the good news for Casey is along comes Vicky. Who better than a prison guard to keep Casey on the straight and narrow. Sounds to me that as long as she makes sure he takes the drugs she will be the alpha. She is the ringleader.

I have read some great questions and theories this morning! Day 9 here we come!!

I still lean toward similar conclusions myself. I may be giving her too much credit, I admit, but just because the car was conspicuous—orange with body damage—it doesn’t make sense to me that she’d choose it over other available vehicles unless it was to set it up as a red herring. I think there’s a chance she purposefully took it to TN too bc she knew that’s where people might expect him to go if he broke out, and then she may have gone in a surprisingly different direction after that.

That orange vehicle went out on the BOLO and the whole country started looking for an orange car with body damage. But the orange car had already been towed away and stored on a lot somewhere just a few hours later. And in the meantime, she has another car, RV, truck, van etc. ready somewhere in the region. The fact that it took LE a week to find the first car? Partly incompetence of LE perhaps. But partly a sign that VW is planning this thing like it’s her last hurrah.

My bet is they’re in a remote, well-stocked cabin or off-the-beaten-path rental (a touchless entry, self-check-in AirBnB perhaps). But part of me wonders if she’s committed enough to have driven a minivan right across into Tijuana by now. We shall see.

I think they’re in a remote spot in the south, but if they did make it to Mexico, they better be lying ultra-low — away from sight. There’s a reward and they’re likely carrying a lot of money.

Last edited:
But how can you know he doesn’t attract attention? Just because people don’t point and stare and say rude things doesn’t mean he isn’t more memorable than the average person. And when you get to 6’9”, you’re at even greater risk of being memorable, I’d think.

all MOO

I totally agree with you. Sure, in ordinary life, those of way above average height are perhaps only quickly glanced at or remarked upon mentally. No one is implying really tall people are treated like circus freaks in public. However... given that this story is national news, people are more likely to take a second glance or third at someone who is out of the norm. All it takes is one astute sleuther out there.

Regarding the car, I am of the opinion that the car broke down unexpectedly I don't think they would've abandoned it in the middle of the road, is there any way for them to be able to tell if it was operational? It's strange that we haven't heard anything about that, but I think this whole thing seems to have been a comedy of errors in some ways so not that surprising. Were there on the ground searches of the location where the car was found, hopefully with dogs? I know it was a week later but I have not heard anything about it.

I give it a week before there is another sighting and a month before they are caught.

The down side of their being holed up in a remote cabin is that they are stationary and more likely to be noticed over time. A nondescript camper truck or vehicle allows them to move on to another place every day or so and less likely for someone to notice them as who they are, especially if one or the other essentially stays out of sight when checking in somewhere. MOO MOO MOO

I totally agree with you. Sure, in ordinary life, those of way above average height are perhaps only quickly glanced at or remarked upon mentally. No one is implying really tall people are treated like circus freaks in public. However... given that this story is national news, people are more likely to take a second glance or third at someone who is out of the norm. All it takes is one astute sleuther out there.

Regarding the car, I am of the opinion that the car broke down unexpectedly I don't think they would've abandoned it in the middle of the road, is there any way for them to be able to tell if it was operational? It's strange that we haven't heard anything about that, but I think this whole thing seems to have been a comedy of errors in some ways so not that surprising. Were there on the ground searches of the location where the car was found, hopefully with dogs? I know it was a week later but I have not heard anything about it.

I give it a week before there is another sighting and a month before they are caught.
Agree that it would help if we knew for sure it broke down or had engine problems vs. was just abandoned. If she really has foresight, and I don’t know that she does, it’s plausible she intentionally left it in an intersection because it would get towed away out of sight very quickly.

The down side of their being holed up in a remote cabin is that they are stationary and more likely to be noticed over time. A nondescript camper truck or vehicle allows them to move on to another place every day or so and less likely for someone to notice them as who they are, especially if one or the other essentially stays out of sight when checking in somewhere. MOO MOO MOO
I agree. There are upsides and downsides to every option. My husband and I park our rental car inside our AirBnB garages often though. So if they went in at night and kept the curtains drawn and the porch light off, people might not even know anyone was there.

It’ll be so interesting to see how they pulled it off and whether there was a lot of pre-planning or just a lot of blind luck combined with LE misses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1