Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does everyone think they’re doing all day long? I think boredom is their biggest enemy right now.

-can’t use her phone to red about themselves online, though could have purchased burner phones
-can’t go out to eat or to bars
-do they have a tv?
-if they’re in an abandoned cabin, do they have power, internet access, water? It’s getting real warm in the southeast US
-if she packed food and supplies, are they running low? It gets real unpleasant real quick when eating canned and prepackaged junk for 10 days.

I think they’re in a cabin somewhere in TN, GA, KY, AL, maybe MS, without power, getting hungry, bored and snippy with each other with nothing to do. He’s been without his meds for 10 days after likely stopping them abruptly (which is a bad, bad idea). That’s going to force them out of hiding and interacting with the public. I suspect this will be resolved in the next week but I don’t think it will end peacefully. Moo
I think they’re in a rented vacation property that allows for touchless, self check-in. And that they have internet and TV, as well as a tablet or burners they can use on WiFi.

But I think it’s remote not beach side.

So what does everyone think they’re doing all day long? I think boredom is their biggest enemy right now.

-can’t use her phone to red about themselves online, though could have purchased burner phones
-do they have a tv?
-if they’re in an abandoned cabin, do they have power, internet access, water? It’s getting real warm in the southeast US
-if she packed food and supplies, are they running low? It gets real unpleasant real quick when eating canned and prepackaged junk for 10 days.

I think they’re in a cabin somewhere in TN, GA, KY, AL, maybe MS, without power, getting hungry, bored and snippy with each other with nothing to do. He’s been without his meds for 10 days after likely stopping them abruptly (which is a bad, bad idea). That’s going to force them out of hiding and interacting with the public. I suspect this will be resolved in the next week but I don’t think it will end peacefully. Moo
Whether they’re holed up in a basement or motel, I think they’ve got cable and internet access. Also think they can likely ship food or have it delivered and dropped off “touchless” on the porch. They’re not going out to bars. But have either of them even been used to being able to do that? Casey’s been behind bars for seven years and VW made it home for dinner with her mom on the regular it sounds like.

I thought that too.:) Just prepping for his future defense case. ;););)

The escape charge isn't really that big of a deal for Casey, considering he's already in for 75 years and awaiting likely capital murder charges.

It's also not a huge custodial sentence for VW once she's caught. Probably she'd be more concerned about its impact on her pension benefits than the couple of years at most she'd actually have to serve in a place she's very comfortable in. Although if CW kills another person while they are on the run together they'd likely ring up VW on some sort of murder charge as well.
There might be additional federal charges related to helping a fugitive across state lines and using or possessing a firearm in the process would be the most substantial charge, assuming they don't commit additional crimes while on the run.

-do they have a tv?

At least if they’re in a cabin, there’s some stability. I’ve been picturing them on the road, and have been wondering how they are using the restroom, showering, sleeping, eating…..

The escape charge isn't really that big of a deal for Casey, considering he's already in for 75 years and awaiting likely capital murder charges.

It's also not a huge custodial sentence for VW once she's caught. Probably she'd be more concerned about its impact on her pension benefits than the couple of years at most she'd actually have to serve in a place she's very comfortable in. Although if CW kills another person while they are on the run together they'd likely ring up VW on some sort of murder charge as well.
There might be additional federal charges related to helping a fugitive across state lines and using or possessing a firearm in the process would be the most substantial charge, assuming they don't commit additional crimes while on the run.
I think she’d get more than a couple years. Joyce Mitchell served five and she abandoned the plan and left them hanging once they were free of the prison. VW has done way more than that.

-do they have a tv?

She prearranged (using an alias) a medivac ride to Florida (pretending he was a patient) where they got a chartered boat and are sailing away to Johnny Depp's island (or somewhere similar.)

It's tempting to imagine she had a brilliant plan. But it could be she slipped up and they are stuck very close to home, maybe already dead.

I believe the fact that she was on duty, in uniform, using the patrol car, and acting as co-administrator of the jail puts her up against serious charges from the get go.

Official misconduct and dereliction of duty are understatements here, IMO.

She lied about where they were going, as well as violated protocol and breached security.

Then add to this that she took a dangerous criminal out and across state lines, gave him access to guns, exposed the general public to danger. I’m seeing decades behind bars.

She wouldn't have to drive vehicle #2 anywhere, really. She could have driven her own car (or the Edge) to Tennessee, purchased vehicle #2 in a pre-arranged spot near where she parked, and then driven home in the first vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if #2 is a much newer and more reliable model.

I considered buses or even flights to purchase a vehicle #2 much further away than they found it but when they found the Edge I could see no need for that. I assume she dealt in cash for everything.

Sheriff Singleton puzzles me when he says that they "may" have had mechanical issues and had to ditch the car. It's easy for them to verify whether or not that's true and they could have (and should have) known very soon after finding it.

The way LE is handling this I'm thinking information isn't going to leak out…so it's just a guessing game for those of us who are interested.

By the way, Sheriff Singleton was once the Chief of Police in Florence. His family owned a restaurant in Florence for 58 years.

Of course you are correct. That makes more sense that she would purchase something closer to where she wanted to pick it up. I read too many rumors elsewhere, so my mind went to calling a friend to pick her up.

MHOO but if the tanning has aged her and she invested in a bed, it’s probably a long term habit rather than connected to the case. (It also possibly confirms my annoying insistence that she loves the beach lol). It could just be one of those things she splurged on for herself over the years. She seems to like that beachy look with her bleached blonde hair. And her skin looks the same color all the way back to her official photo from years ago, so MHOO she has just always tanned.
If she's a daily or even several times weekly tanner, it isn't much of a splurge to buy your own bed. In my area, a monthly tanning package for the best bed can be $200 or more a month. That doesn't take into account the different lotions/products you need (body accelerator, face accelerator, after tan lotion, body wash for tanners, etc) to maintain your tan - those are all super expensive at a salon, but you can find them for much less online. Then you have to figure out a schedule, which might mean you have to book an appointment and/or wait in line for your turn.
VW buying her own tanning bed was probably more fiscally conservative than paying to tan at a salon.

I used to be obsessed with tanning and really wanted my own bed for those very reasons!

Are there any legal experts here who might provide information on what charges VW would likely be held on if she was taken into custody by LE right now, at this point, given the current situation - i.e. what the nature of the charges would be and what the likely prison sentence would be.

Also, I assume once sentenced that she would be held in a situation that kept her away from the general prison population, given her career in law enforcement, especially prison/jail administration.

The warrant issued for VW charges her with

Permitting or facilitating escape in the first degree.​

Permitting of facilitating escape in the first degree is a Class C felony in Alabama.

The standard sentence for a Class C felony in Alabama is a term between 366 days and 10 years

Alabama. like most states, has generous good time credits. which means that in actuality even if VW were sentenced to the max of 10 years she'd be out in about 3 years:

E6gpbxW.png

Permitting of facilitating escape in the first degree is a Class C felony in Alabama.

The standard sentence for a Class C felony in Alabama is a term between 366 days and 10 years

Alabama. like most states, has generous good time credits. which means that in actuality even if VW were sentenced to the max of 10 years she'd be out in about 3 years:

And that’s not counting all the other charges!!

Now that we know that she's complicit in a felony jailbreak, I think we have to look very carefully at her last couple of years.

She may have been party to his first planned escape, two years ago. Setting the stage for his escape, with her as the "hostage."

Since then, has she "borrowed" medications from other jail guests? Has she taken street drugs from the evidence room? 48 pounds of marijuana would take an edge off. Was that cache ever recovered? Did workers really steal it or were they set up to take the fall? I can't imagine anyone, at that time, looking sideways at Vicky. She was trusted!

Might she have assisted in other escapes, setting up some beholden helpers to call on later? Bribery, blackmail. Web of handy burner phones....

Did she go places with her ex? Use him as a decoy while purchasing homes, cars -- people are looking for Vicky, trying to remember having ever seen her. Likely no one is thinking of a couple.

These two have had at least two years to finesse this. She could've positioned a fully fueled burner car in every state and they're leapfrogging across country -- they well could be dropping weight rapidly too, planning to emerge in a new place, with completely new looks.

That is, if he doesn't kill her first.

For now, however, she might still be his best chance at freedom.

JMO

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see a list of actual possible charges against VW as of right now, and separating the federal from state charges, and what the sentencing guidelines are on those charges. And which charges are felony and which are not.

If VW bought the firearms legally, that wouldn't be a crime.

If she didn't use her fake ID's to commit bank fraud, so far (that we know of) she has just used them to purchase a used car, which is probably a crime, but not sure what the sentencing is on that. Maybe she used fake ID at the Quality Inn.

According to this article on Joyce Mitchell's sentencing, apparently criminal facilitation for Mitchell wasn't a felony charge since it was criminal facilitation in the 4th degree.

I suspect that if they are both captured soon they will have attorneys with very different narratives. CW's attorney is already trying to get ahead of the narrative in his interviews with MSM.

ETA I just saw the post that facilitating escape in Alabama is a Class C felony, so she could be sentenced anywhere from one year and a day to ten years for this.

Interesting that it is one year and a day - I wonder if a sentence over one year requires being sentenced to maximum security versus minimum security prison. Hence the addition of "one day."

ETA - also edited to add that Joyce Mitchell's charge of criminal facilitation was in the 4th degree, unlike VW who would probably be charged with criminal facilitation in the 1st degree, given her more active role in the jail escape and beyond.

Last edited:

Exactly. I say she gets seven or eight years and serves five years just for aiding an escape while armed, in uniform and using the company car. Stack on that she’s likely knowingly providing a felon with guns and maybe alcohol, maybe stole some IDs. I’d bet she’ll serve 10 minimum.

It would be interesting to see a list of actual possible charges against VW as of right now, and separating the federal from state charges, and what the sentencing guidelines are on those charges. And which charges are felony and which are not.

If VW bought the firearms legally, that wouldn't be a crime.

If she didn't use her fake ID's to commit bank fraud, so far (that we know of) she has just used them to purchase a used car, which is probably a crime, but not sure what the sentencing is on that. Maybe she used fake ID at the Quality Inn.

According to this article on Joyce Mitchell's sentencing, apparently criminal facilitation wasn't a felony charge.

I suspect that if they are both captured soon they will have attorneys with very different narratives. CW's attorney is already trying to get ahead of the narrative in his interviews with MSM.
Is she made the firearms available to him, it’d be a crime though.

View attachment 343070
Joyce served five of her seven years and she didn’t even go on the run with them or give them weapons!

Had never seen the marijuana story! See. Stuff like this make me wonder about how corrupted the system could be.

Also, Sheriff Singleton is retiring in 2023.don’t know if that’s relevant in any way. Though, I myself would want to try to escape on his watch for fear they’d replace him with someone who tightens up the slack.

To be fair though, if you look at decades of records, probably a lot of jails have escapes and mistakes like this. Even the best managers are still human and have off days or slack at times probably.
He's "retiring" by choosing (last year) not to run for re-election this November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice