GUILTY AL - Curtis James Oakes, 6 mos, found in motel freezer, Dothan, 4 June 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wednesday, March 6th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ ET) – AL – Curtis James Oakes (6 mos) (June 4, 2018, Dothan; found in motel freezer in there for 5-6 days) – only for *Amanda Gail Oakes (36) “mom” arrested & charged (6/4/18) with manslaughter & abuse of corpse. Plead not guilty. $400K bond ($250K on manslaughter & $150K on abuse charges). Houston County
Trial set for 3/4/19. This was per article – not on court site as of 3/4/ thru 3/8.
3/4/19 Day 1: No update. 3/5/19 Day 2: No idea….

*Carlton James Mathis (28) (BF) charged (6/4/18) with abuse of corpse. $1M bond. Levy County in Florida.
Murder charges are expected against Mathis once he is extradited back to Alabama from Florida.
7/5/18 Update: Florida charged Mathis with assault, drug possession, weapons possession by committed felon & child abuse. $1M bond. It will be up to Florida Judge whether he’ll be extradited to Alabama or face Florida charges first. Once police have Mathis, Oakes criminal proceedings will more forward.

10/29/18 Update: For Mathis in Florida: Case Management Conference hearing on 11/7. No update as of 3/4/19.

Anyone think this is going on??
Can anyone get into Levy County in Florida to look up on what is happening with Mathis? TIA! :)

Thursday, March 7th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) (@ ET) – AL – Curtis James Oakes (6 mos) (June 4, 2018, Dothan; found in motel freezer in there for 5-6 days) – only for *Amanda Gail Oakes (36) “mom” arrested & charged (6/4/18) with manslaughter & abuse of corpse. Plead not guilty. $400K bond ($250K on manslaughter & $150K on abuse charges). Houston County
Trial set for 3/4/19. This was per article – not on court site as of 3/4/ thru 3/8.
3/4/19 Day 1: No update. 3/5/19 Day 2: No idea…. 3/6/19 Day 3: no info

*Carlton James Mathis (28) (BF) charged (6/4/18) with abuse of corpse. $1M bond. Levy County
Murder charges are expected against Mathis once he is extradited back to Alabama from Florida.
7/5/18 Update: Florida charged Mathis with assault, drug possession, weapons possession by committed felon & child abuse. $1M bond. It will be up to Florida Judge whether he’ll be extradited to Alabama or face Florida charges first. Once police have Mathis, Oakes criminal proceedings will more forward.

10/29/18 Update: For Mathis in Florida: Case Management Conference hearing on 11/7. No update as of 3/4/19.

Friday, March 8th:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ ET) – AL – Curtis James Oakes (6 mos) (June 4, 2018, Dothan; found in motel freezer in there for 5-6 days) – only for *Amanda Gail Oakes (36) “mom” arrested & charged (6/4/18) with manslaughter & abuse of corpse. Plead not guilty. $400K bond ($250K on manslaughter & $150K on abuse charges). Houston County
3/4/19 Day 1: No update. 3/5/19 Day 2: No idea…. 3/6/19 Day 3: no info 3/7/19 Day 4: no info

*Carlton James Mathis (28) (BF) charged (6/4/18) with abuse of corpse. $1M bond. Levy County

10/29/18 Update: For Mathis in Florida: Case Management Conference hearing on 11/7. No update as of 3/7/19.

I'm sending out a
c0601.gif

calling on some of you that have helped me with other cases here - HELP!

@lsv7 @AzPistonsGirl @JerseyGirl @mistivon @Suglo

hopefully 1 of you can find "something" on this one, eh?
t2706.gif

I'm sending out a
c0601.gif

calling on some of you that have helped me with other cases here - HELP!

@lsv7 @AzPistonsGirl @JerseyGirl @mistivon @Suglo

hopefully 1 of you can find "something" on this one, eh?
t2706.gif
Both his cases are closed. He pled nolo contenderé to all charges (5 counts) last November 14, 2018 and was sentenced for them. He was given a sentence of 2 years on some of the counts and 5 months on others. The link to the cases is here:

Electronic Court & Records Access – Levy County Clerk of Courts & Comptroller

http://online.levyclerk.com/Benchma...tails/100050878?digest=+1P+ezJF/ZrCZ0WMzVdsLg

Last edited:
Thanks Suglo!
Unfortunately I can't access either link you posted... :(

So nothing about him being extradited to Alabama? TIA! :)

edited to add: so nothing on the trial - if it's even going on?

Thanks Suglo!
Unfortunately I can't access either link you posted... :(

So nothing about him being extradited to Alabama? TIA! :)

edited to add: so nothing on the trial - if it's even going on?
Nothing about being extradited to Alabama. It remands him to custody in state prison for two years with five months and ten days credit for time served in county jail. There is nothing else in his name so I’m not so sure they extradited him yet.

I have this link to another case - Katharine West - in Shelby County.
AlacourtACCESS

Now - if we can find out what the # is for Houston County - I can plug that in where it says Loc=58 in the link. Wonder how you'd go about finding the #?

I have this link to another case - Katharine West - in Shelby County.
AlacourtACCESS

Now - if we can find out what the # is for Houston County - I can plug that in where it says Loc=58 in the link. Wonder how you'd go about finding the #?
I would guess 38.

I'm in Alabama, and I think this is the same number used for car tags. In Shelby County it's 58. In Houston Co, it's 38.

Well - I looked and there is nothing from 3/11 to 3/15 under her name. I can't go back & look on 3/4/19 when her trial was "supposed" to start.

Anyone have any suggestions on finding out what's going on with this case?

We DO want Justice for Curtis James!

And I'll be looking for Mathis under this county to "see" if they will extradite him from Florida.

edited to add: I'll stop posting the trial stuff until further notice. :)

I can't access this article, and was wondering if someone can give a 10% synopsis & the trial date in here:

Trial date set for April for mother accused of leaving dead infant in freezer

TIA! :)
"The trial of a woman accused of leaving her dead infant in the freezer of a Dothan motel room is scheduled for April 29.

Amanda Gail Oakes, 36, is charged with manslaughter, abuse of a corpse, and felony chemical endangerment of a child.

... In January, Oakes entered a plea of not guilty. She was indicted by a grand jury in November 2018...."

I've tried going into the Alabama court site, but it is not giving me ANY information on this week's court hearings. All are showing up as blank. I know "some" courts have taken this week off for some reason. I shall post this anyway - until I hear anything further.

Monday, April 29th:
*Trial set to begin (@ ET) – AL – Curtis James Oakes (6 mos) (June 4, 2018, Dothan; found in motel freezer in there for 5-6 days) – only for *Amanda Gail Oakes (36) “mom” arrested & charged (6/4/18) & arraigned (1/8/19) with manslaughter & abuse of corpse. Plead not guilty. $400K bond ($250K on manslaughter & $150K on abuse charges). Houston County-Judge Derrick
Trial set for 4/29/19.
*Carlton James Mathis (28) (BF) charged (6/4/18) with abuse of corpse. $1M bond.
7/5/18 Update: Florida charged Mathis with assault, drug possession, weapons possession by committed felon & child abuse. $1M bond. It will be up to Florida Judge whether he’ll be extradited to Alabama or face Florida charges first. Once police have Mathis, Oakes criminal proceedings will more forward. 10/29/18: For Mathis in Florida: Case Management Conference hearing on 11/7. 11/14/18: He pled nolo contenderé to all charges (5 counts) on 11/14/18 & was sentenced for them. He was given a sentence of 2 years on some of the counts & 5 months on others.

I've tried going into the Alabama court site, but it is not giving me ANY information on this week's court hearings. All are showing up as blank. I know "some" courts have taken this week off for some reason. I shall post this anyway - until I hear anything further.

Monday, April 29th:
*Trial set to begin (@ ET) – AL – Curtis James Oakes (6 mos) (June 4, 2018, Dothan; found in motel freezer in there for 5-6 days) – only for *Amanda Gail Oakes (36) “mom” arrested & charged (6/4/18) & arraigned (1/8/19) with manslaughter & abuse of corpse. Plead not guilty. $400K bond ($250K on manslaughter & $150K on abuse charges). Houston County-Judge Derrick
Trial set for 4/29/19.
*Carlton James Mathis (28) (BF) charged (6/4/18) with abuse of corpse. $1M bond.
7/5/18 Update: Florida charged Mathis with assault, drug possession, weapons possession by committed felon & child abuse. $1M bond. It will be up to Florida Judge whether he’ll be extradited to Alabama or face Florida charges first. Once police have Mathis, Oakes criminal proceedings will more forward. 10/29/18: For Mathis in Florida: Case Management Conference hearing on 11/7. 11/14/18: He pled nolo contenderé to all charges (5 counts) on 11/14/18 & was sentenced for them. He was given a sentence of 2 years on some of the counts & 5 months on others.
I tried also but they wanted $9.99 to look up her case. Supposedly the first search should be free but it didn’t work that way for me. Darn :(

I shall keep posting this until anyone or I hear any different....

Tuesday, April 30th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ ET) – AL – Curtis James Oakes (6 mos) (June 4, 2018, Dothan; found in motel freezer; in there for 5-6 days) – only for *Amanda Gail Oakes (36) “mom” arrested & charged (6/4/18) & arraigned (1/8/19) with manslaughter & abuse of corpse. Plead not guilty. $400K bond ($250K on manslaughter & $150K on abuse charges).
Trial set for 4/29/19.
4/29/19 Day 1: No info yet.
*Carlton James Mathis (28) (BF) charged (6/4/18) with abuse of corpse. $1M bond. Murder charges are expected against Mathis once he is extradited back to Alabama from Florida.

Unfortunately, I can not access this article.

Trial rescheduled for mother accused of leaving her infant in a motel freezer

Can someone please give a 10% synopsis of this. From the "headlines" it looks like her trial has been rescheduled....

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

edited to add - if there is anything about Mathis in there also please post?
“An April 29 trial of a woman accused of leaving her dead infant in the freezer of a Dothan motel room has been continued by agreement between the prosecutor and the defense attorney.

The trial of Amanda Gail Oakes has been rescheduled for Aug. 5.”

Trial rescheduled for mother accused of leaving her infant in a motel freezer

All it says about Mathis is that he also was arrested at the time and also shot during the course of arrest. Nothing about his court status unfortunately.

Heaing on 5/7/19:
Case NumberTimeNameJudge R. TODD DERRICK
38-CC-2018-003354.008:30 AM OAKES AMANDA GAIL
38-CC-2018-003355.0 08:30 AM OAKES AMANDA GAIL

link: AlacourtACCESS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads