AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at routes that would take 20 minutes from The Duplin to the Shell Station on Government Road. The route that best matches leaving The Dublin at 10:45 and arriving at the Shell station at 11:05 goes right past Ollies.

I posted two maps in the last post, one was 14 minutes, the other was 31 minutes. This one is 20 minutes.

View attachment 147889
So it really does not add up that they were headed to Ollies.

What if we assume that DW did exactly as he said. Returning the car to the rental agency rather than go home may be related to being busted for being in town without calling his wife first. If we set that aside, and suppose that Danni was intercepted as she was pulling out behind DW, what would the cars look like.

When I looked at the parking lot, I guessed/assumed that they pulled into parking stalls. DW arrived first and - where did he park? She would have parked beside him. He pulled out first, she was second. Perhaps she was near the parking stalls when another car pulled in and blocked her exit. That's one scenario that points away from anyone she knew or was with that night.

Did a car follow them from The Duplin, or was it the neighborhood?
Being that late at night, would DW have seen someone approaching? Knowing DNV was following would he look in his rear view mirror to see if DNV was behind him. I always do that when someone is following me out of a parking lot, street, shopping center.
Edit by me! Definitely my bedtime!

From what I recall, this is what the video looked like:

Car 1 pulled in from the right side of the screen, made a left turn (south) and stopped next to the gas pumps (you could see the gas pumps on the right next to the car). The next car pulled in the same way and pulled next to the first car. The first car left, and the third car pulled in next to the second car that stayed where it was the whole time. They weren't in parking spots, just next to the gas pumps.

It was all on camera, it looks to be right on the edge of the camera zone in @3dzer0's photo.

CCB63B2C-A23C-4DFA-9C56-2AB8510FD6FA.jpeg
Im tired so I need to study this picture in the morning- but the yellow circle looks like a tail light perhaps? I can’t figure what the object circled in blue is.
We need Abby from NCIS.

Car 1 pulled in from the right side of the screen, made a left turn (south) and stopped next to the gas pumps (you could see the gas pumps on the right next to the car). The next car pulled in the same way and pulled next to the first car. The first car left, and the third car pulled in next to the second car that stayed where it was the whole time. They weren't in parking spots, just next to the gas pumps.

It was all on camera, it looks to be right on the edge of the camera zone in @3dzer0's photo.
From what you recall, what angle were the cars parked? Straight on facing the camera? Rear facing the camera?

It is interesting that you make a comment about internet scrubbing and LE. Initially I might have agreed with you but one of the party train has an extensive IT background and could easily have done the scrubbing or at least made it harder to follow links related to the case. Early in the case many of the videos posted by the local media had links that were broken and google search results seemed scrambled. A first it seemed random but then it seemed like it had happened across the board to make it difficult to view and find things. But most of the links seem fixed now and a good chunk of the press video is also on you tube to view if you are interested.

There are only four people in the party train. One is missing, one sounded the alert, and the other two were at Ollies when Danniella disappeared.

There wasn't really much of a train, or were there more people that they were with at The Dublin?

There must be a good reason for pulling homicide investigation video footage off the internet.

On the edge of the camera zone, can you point out in relation to the numbers in the photo?

Attachments

• IMG_4880.jpg
    IMG_4880.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 51
From what you recall, what angle were the cars parked? Straight on facing the camera? Rear facing the camera?

Take this with the gallon of salt it deserves but I think they pulled in towards the camera but a little bit of an angle - they weren't straight on, they seemed angled to the right a bit.

I think I see people in the circles. The left circle could be someone from the side looking to the left, I think I see an arm holding a purse or bag. The right circle looks like someone looking in the direction on the camera with a hat on!

I really don't think much can be seen in the photo of the video.
So it really does not add up that they were headed to Ollies.

It does add up because the only route that takes 20 minutes goes right past Ollies. The other two routes take 14 or 31 minutes. They arrived at the Shell station 20 minutes after they left The Dublin.

Maybe she was following him to Ollies, but he kept going and, so, she did too. He was going home, but she didn't know that and followed him until she flashed her lights.

He pulled over, she pulled over, she told him about the phone, two minutes later they're headed back to The Dublin, but she doesn't leave the parking lot. Why not? Was her car blocked?

upload_2018-9-19_21-7-29.png

There are only four people in the party train. One is missing, one sounded the alert, and the other two were at Ollies when Danniella disappeared.

There wasn't really much of a train, or were there more people that they were with at The Dublin?

There must be a good reason for pulling homicide investigation video footage off the internet.
Yes, but what about person/people in Car 3? We were never sure if they were part of the party train or players to be named later?

It does add up because the only route that takes 20 minutes goes right past Ollies. The other two routes take 14 or 31 minutes. They arrived at the Shell station 20 minutes after they left The Dublin.

Maybe she was following him to Ollies, but he kept going and, so, she did too. He was going home, but she didn't know that and followed him until she flashed her lights.

He pulled over, she pulled over, she told him about the phone, two minutes later they're headed back to The Dublin, but she doesn't leave the parking lot. Why not? Was her car blocked?

View attachment 147893
Gotcha. But why wouldn't DNV just go in Ollies if other friends were suppose to be there that she apparently knew better than DW? She could have enlisted their help finding her phone.

View attachment 147893

Right, I think he means since DNV worked at Ollie's and they drove right by Ollie's, she knew they weren't going to Ollie's by the time they passed it early in the drive. It wasn't like they took a secret back route that she followed him miles away not realizing it wasn't on the way to Ollie's.

According to JDT, RC and MK told them that DW and DNV were "meeting them at Ollies" but then they didn't. Where were they going that they stopped at the Shell Station?

Thanks. Let me think about that. So both were parked under the covered pump area, or next to it? They entered from the right, and DW turned right or left leaving the Shell station?

upload_2018-9-19_21-12-44.png

The reason case was supposedly moved to Homicide is that MPD has one person working missing cases and the DNV case needed additional resources. The announcement made it clear that they didn't believe the case dealt with a homicide. Here is link to MSM article at the time of announcement: Mobile homicide investigators take over case of missing woman

She’s connected to the army with links to North Carolina, New Mexico, Kansas and Alabama.. so many places she could’ve ended up if she really wanted

She grew up in a military family, but she left NC to move with her boyfriend's family because she was pregnant. She was 24 years old when she disappeared. Her boyfriend was with the military, but he isn't today. His mother is raising their daughter.

There are rather serious concerns about a cousin of the father. This is not connected to Danniella except that she is missing and there are some concerns about the family:

"Jason Corey Dykes pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges of unlawful imprisonment, domestic violence assault, and domestic violence strangulation.
The alleged victim in the case filed a petition for a protection order in which she alleged Dykes "raped, beat and held me against my will for 3 1/2 weeks." The petition goes on to say Dykes "made it clear that he will kill me."
Dykes is the cousin of Vian's ex-boyfriend, and family members told News 5 that Vian had been to the property in the past. However, Dykes has not been named a suspect in the Vian case."​

Accuser: Theodore suspect "raped, beat and held me against my will for 3 1/2 weeks"

Right, I think he means since DNV worked at Ollie's and they drove right by Ollie's, she knew they weren't going to Ollie's by the time they passed it early in the drive. It wasn't like they took a secret back route that she followed him miles away not realizing it wasn't on the way to Ollie's.

According to JDT, RC and MK told them that DW and DNV were "meeting them at Ollies" but then they didn't. Where were they going that they stopped at the Shell Station?
A theory is that DW lived near the Shell Station or there are hotels in the area or DNV apt is supposedly nearby as well.

Not to sound silly rehashing - but..
DW said he was going home (didn't realize that others thought both he & DNV were joining them at Ollies) - he was not going to Ollies according to him
DNV followed him. She did not follow him thinking he was going to Ollies-'she knew where that was....she was following him for some unknown reason - rationally one can only assume DW is lying when he says he doesn't know why DNV followed him....she had no reason to follow him unless they were headed somewhere together, already decided upon, that was not
Ollies
As Alethea has asked, real question is: where were they going when DNV (presumably/allegedly) realized she had to go back for her phone?
Why did only DW end up being the one to retrieve the phone while DNV remained at Shell station, GPS disabled, & then vanishes?
Why didn't DW go back to Shell station?
Why not return her phone to her work?
How in heck did he get her passcode?
Why didn't he sound the alarm when she never showed back at Dublins for her phone?

Thanks. Let me think about that. So both were parked under the covered pump area, or next to it? They entered from the right, and DW turned right or left leaving the Shell station?

View attachment 147894

Next to the covered pump area. It looked like they turned under the covered pump area and drove out the exit. You couldn't really see except they drove into the camera area and then out of the camera area.

That was posted on Aug 3 by Vian, so it's likely that some information needs to be updated. I'm still reading earlier comments - still trying to get a sense of the big picture.

Maybe anyone who knows more can update the list, and in a few days we should have a better picture of what we know at this time.

Regarding the person she was with when she left The Dublin, has that person been named?

That person is DW...according to DW.

Yes, but what about person/people in Car 3? We were never sure if they were part of the party train or players to be named later?

If there were four people in the group that evening, then there were four people in the party train. Two people were at Ollies when DW showed up with the phone looking for Danniella so they were not at the Shell station.

Two of the four person party train were at Ollies bar, Danniella was missing, and DW was sounding the alert. It took a couple of days before her mother-in-law became concerned - was it July 20, when Danniella missed a visit with her daughter at her mother-in-law's house? Isn't July 20 when police were properly alerted even though she was last seen on July 17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971