GUILTY AL - Hiawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Its suspicious that is for sure. Three deaths 3 months all with the name Populus. Hiawayi only by mom's name. but still a Populus.

Its suspicious that is for sure. Three deaths 3 months all with the name Populus. Hiawayi only by mom's name. but still a Populus.

I do believe she was related to the 19 y/o (Dave), they both had a grandmother with the same name.

ETA

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/09/family_of_slain_8-year-old_hia.html

"This particular situation that's going on with this family, there's a lot more going on with them before this happened," Munnerlyn said. "There's been death in their family in June, they had death in their family in July."

Brenda Populus, Hiawayi's grandmother, had already dealt with police investigating the deaths of two other family members.

What a beautiful girl, rest peacefully Hiawayi.

Now, I hope LE is digging into sm, there seems to be a lot of chatter on fb. I'll be looking for updates in the morning.

Cause of death revealed. Hiawayi died of suffocation, and there were reportedly no signs of sexual assault.

Something else new: (snipped and bolded by me)

"Robinson was last seen on surveillance video shortly after 4:00pm Tuesday afternoon at an area convenience store. She left her apartment around 3:30pm to go visit her grandmother, who lives in the same apartment complex."

http://www.wkrg.com/story/26589929/cause-of-death-revealed-in-robinson-murder

Wow.... Thanks for posting this MotherOcean.

It's starting to sound like some sort of hit against the family. But why??

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/09/still_no_arrests_in_hiawayi_ro.html

No arrests have been made in connection with the recent death of 8-year-old Hiawayi Robinson, but Mobile County District Attorney Ashley Rich says the response from law enforcement is more than she's seen in long time.

During a press conference on Monday, Rich told reporters, "There are literally hundreds of law enforcement officers that are working on this case in some capacity"...

"I ask the community to be patient, but know we are on top of this and that we're doing everything we can to try and find her killer," Rich said.

FOX10 News asked the district attorney for the results of Robinson’s preliminary autopsy.

“I can’t comment on that. This is a very much an ongoing investigation and reports…. There are a lot of rumors and there is a lot of speculation going on in this community about that. But it would not be proper, it would not be wise, or in the best interest of this investigation for us to release anything regarding cause of death at this time,” said Rich.
Snip
“There is suspect still out there. In our community and perhaps he or she watches the news. And so it’s very important for us not to divulge bits and pieces of information. At the appropriate time while story will be told to the community,” said Ashley Rich.

http://fox10tv.com/2014/09/22/mobile-county-d-a-addresses-robinson-murder-case-rumors/

FOX10 News asked the district attorney for the results of Robinson’s preliminary autopsy.

“I can’t comment on that. This is a very much an ongoing investigation and reports…. There are a lot of rumors and there is a lot of speculation going on in this community about that. But it would not be proper, it would not be wise, or in the best interest of this investigation for us to release anything regarding cause of death at this time,” said Rich.
Snip
“There is suspect still out there. In our community and perhaps he or she watches the news. And so it’s very important for us not to divulge bits and pieces of information. At the appropriate time while story will be told to the community,” said Ashley Rich.

http://fox10tv.com/2014/09/22/mobile-county-d-a-addresses-robinson-murder-case-rumors/

Does that mean what has been said about the autopsy was wrong?

So she's found naked but with no signs of SA? Could it be that someone has killed her and stripped her to make LE think it was a sex crime?

Residents said Luckie Avenue remained a mostly quiet neighborhood with only the occasional need for police. Homicides in the area are considered rare.

----------
I have no idea about any connections, nor do I have crime statistics at hand right now but murders and gun violence are rampant in and around Mobile. Maybe that particular street or neighborhood hasn't seen much of it, but it is everywhere! I realize this statement was from an article. I have a hard time posting with quotes on my tablet!

One more thought...

There is a 14 year old girl who has been missing from this area since June 14, 2012. Probably no connection, but her last name is Robinson. She is listed as an endangered run-away, but the public has never really been told why. In fact, in the various reports that I have seen over the last couple of years, it was never stated that she ran away.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...iewChildDetail&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1197561

http://fox10tv.com/2014/05/30/two-years-later-brittany-robinson-still-missing/

Following another poster's directions to find *that* FB (from the news website's FB), was a scary place to be. Oh boy.

There is something wrong with him. :eek:

Found naked but no signs of SA? Thats strange, maybe she was stripped in the attention of being assulted, but the perp couldnt go through with it? And maybe she was killed because she reconised the person?

A bit OT, but what are the gangs like there? Could this be gang related?

Found naked but no signs of SA? Thats strange, maybe she was stripped in the attention of being assulted, but the perp couldnt go through with it? And maybe she was killed because she reconised the person?

A bit OT, but what are the gangs like there? Could this be gang related?

BBM

IMO..It could be anyone, however, she had two relatives that were murdered just a few months ago.... it seems like something is going on. KWIM?

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index...lain_8-year-old_hia.html#incart_story_package

From the above link....

While sources tell News 5 that 8-year-old Hiawayi Robinson was suffocated and was not sexually assaulted, the FBI and Prichard Police are not saying anything about the investigation.

“There's a reason we're being so closed mouthed about the investigation,” said Melanie Baldwin, spokesperson for Prichard Police.

Yeah, there is a reason LE doesn't release information in the middle of an investigation.... yet the friggin news is going to release it anyway! Geeez

My heart goes out to the family 1000%. However, the fact that they can't come together for an accurate timeline concerns me.

We do know that Hiawayi left her school on the bus at about 3:10 for the two mile ride down St Stephens Road to her apartment complex

“She came in and got out her school clothes and got on the coach,” said Hiawayi's mother Yosha Populus last Wednesday. “It was raining. Her daddy called and they talked and he told her he was coming to her cousin Kim's house.”

Hiawayi's father, disputes some of the details.

“I never told her I was going to meet her,” Hiawatha Robinson told the press Thursday morning when the search for his daughter was taking place. “She wanted me to bring her money. That was the thing – I was supposed to bring her some money but I told her I wasn't coming right then because it was raining so hard and everything. That's what it was. I never did meet her. I never did see her that day.”

Hmmmmm.... pretty adamant don't you think? IDK. I just wish she would have stayed home instead of going out in that rain and out in to the unknown...

It's just strange... she specifically asks her dad for money, and a few minutes later she walking in to a store with $4.00. She must have encountered the killer in the apt complex somewhere in between her apt and her cousins. Did she then have a conversation with that person... while standing in the rain, that she wanted her dad to bring her money but he said he wasn't coming right then? Then the killer gave her the money and took her to the store?

“She left out of the house after four,” said Populus.

At 4:03, however, surveillance video showed Hiawayi entering a convenience store several blocks away on St. Stephens Road and Bear Fork Road. Police say she paid four dollars to buy some candy.

At 4:09, video shows she left and turned behind the building to a parking lot.

This would seem to suggest that she was driven to that store. She could have walked the several blocks but that seems unlikely since there is another convenience store much closer to her apartment - just one block away.

I'm not too concerned with the time discrepancy about when she left her apt. By all accounts, it was around 4:00.
The BBM .... Ummmm it was raining right? Yeah, I'm 99.9% sure she didn't walk to the store. I wonder how wet she was when she walked in to the store?

“After the hours where she didn't call or return, we started looking for her,” said Populus.

Records show the family called 9-1-1 at 9:58 that evening.

I really don't want this to come out wrong. I know her family is devastated, but it just makes me want to cry.... they didn't call 911 until 10:00? IDK... I just don't know.

MOO

Hiawayi’s father, Hiawatha Robinson, said he found out his daughter was missing when he received a call from his mother around 9:45 p.m. Tuesday night.

“That was the last call I got … I never did see her that day,” he said. “I never told her I was going to meet her.”
http://lagniappemobile.com/search-continues-missing-girl-prichard/

If her dad did not receive a call until 9:45, what time did they realize Hiawayi was missing? I am going to have to go back and read and watch because I am confused on who talked to who about where Hiawayi was going.

Hiawayi’s father, Hiawatha Robinson, said he found out his daughter was missing when he received a call from his mother around 9:45 p.m. Tuesday night.

“That was the last call I got … I never did see her that day,” he said. “I never told her I was going to meet her.”
http://lagniappemobile.com/search-continues-missing-girl-prichard/

If her dad did not receive a call until 9:45, what time did they realize Hiawayi was missing? I am going to have to go back and read and watch because I am confused on who talked to who about where Hiawayi was going.

I am confused about who was supposed to be watching her after school and during the evening. Why didnt anyone notice before 9:45 pm?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back