AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being part of a murder investigation, did any police ever legally search the rooms of both girls? Also, I am sure I heard reports that within days of the murder some Ozark PD tried to search JB's room but we're turned away. Anyone else know of this?

At this point, you'd think we'd know more. By this time, they'd probably have a lot more chance of solving the case by appealing to the public. Considering how little has been shared...while I tend to be very dubious of "corruption" cries every time a case isn't resolved quickly, I at least can appreciate where the sentiment comes from on this.

This should be a solvable case...they've got a palm print, bodies, possibly the perp's DNA, ballistics...and it's not that old. It's not like a fifty year old case where everyone is dead and the locations have all been paved over. Of all the cold cases, this is one that should be more than an exercise in speculation, this should be solvable if the right eyes were on it and had all the information.

Then again, maybe the cops know who did it, but can't pin it on them for whatever reason, explaining the lack of progress.

Didn't Mr. Hawlett fill J.B.gas tank the previous day? So she must have spent a good amount of time with Tracie on Thursday. I wonder who they might have talked to then ?

Another good question. Curious...has anyone on this thread been in contact with the families, particular JB's family? Her sister has done a youtube video for HCR. I see references in other sites to a facebook page they set up, but it now appears to be gone. It appears that there is some interest at least in engaging the public in this case.

I wonder if there is any other way, other than if shared by the family, of answering some of the basic questions just about whereabouts, the break-ins/searches, who the girls knew or didn't know, etc. I also read somewhere that one of the families had hire a private investigator...wonder if that's true, and what he came up with.

If we had more of the facts it would be good. But maybe this is all just mental masturbation and our own entertainment and no good can really come of talking about this to message board posters, in which case they probably shouldn't share anything about what is at least nominally an ongoing case. I guess it's easy to get caught up in the idea that we could somehow make a difference.

Another good question. Curious...has anyone on this thread been in contact with the families, particular JB's family? Her sister has done a youtube video for HCR. I see references in other sites to a facebook page they set up, but it now appears to be gone. It appears that there is some interest at least in engaging the public in this case.

I wonder if there is any other way, other than if shared by the family, of answering some of the basic questions just about whereabouts, the break-ins/searches, who the girls knew or didn't know, etc. I also read somewhere that one of the families had hire a private investigator...wonder if that's true, and what he came up with.

If we had more of the facts it would be good. But maybe this is all just mental masturbation and our own entertainment and no good can really come of talking about this to message board posters, in which case they probably shouldn't share anything about what is at least nominally an ongoing case. I guess it's easy to get caught up in the idea that we could somehow make a difference.

BBM The Facebook page is still up.

J.B.'s sister is a member of Websleuths and she occasionally checks in and answers questions.

There was a private investigator hired approximately 10 years ago.

J.B.'s sister is a member of Websleuths and she occasionally checks in and answers questions.

Awesome, that's great thanks.

I too find eastongt's posts a bit too cryptic. I don't know if it's that he/she won't/can't say more, or has said more in past pages and I just didn't digest it. I'm perfectly willing to acknowledge it's my failing not eastongt...

Wait...I apologize for this, and for some of my other questions...I just discovered I missed a massive amount of posts on the initial thread which fill in a lot of blanks. Another argument for a dedicated forum I guess.

By the fact one of the stories was J.B. and Tracie wanted to meet some boys (specific boys), it doesn't sound like either one of them had a boyfriend. However, that is as of 7/31/99. They maybe had prior boyfriends. Or, specifically, J.B. maybe did.... Exes sometimes hook up and it WAS her birthday.

As far as old information here and there in the thread... Can't mods do stickies here? Maybe we could do ones with links to posts with specific information that is known. Also, there are posts where members have driven the area and even photographed locations.

http://www.southeastsun.com/daleville/news/article_0cc8d965-fab7-567f-8858-80ec42772160.html

http://www.southeastsun.com/daleville/news/article_dcc7771b-8b25-5c91-bd66-ad4c36106581.html

Here's a couple of articles that talks about the cartridge found, they're from mar 2000 and speak of it as unspent. same caliber but different mfg and that there were no markings that would be helpful for comparison to other evidence. I don't know the date for the article above or whether it was spent or not but I tend to believe these earlier articles but who knows.

several pages back Gimpalong found what we think is the place on 123 south, at least it matched up with the only photo we've seen, so credit to him/her.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?162847-AL-J-B-Beasley-17-amp-Tracie-Hawlett-17-murdered-in-Ozark-July-1999&p=10637833#post10637833

@easongt, I like the flow chart idea. I did something similar months back trying to come up with some reasonable scenarios based on two factors. Known to them or not and DNA related or not. That leaves four possibilities each with there own scenarios. I didn't get too far though and gave up on it.
Bringing this one forward

What would be really interesting would be a reconstruction of everywhere JBs car was from the point it was filled with gas. Of course, you'd also have to know whether it was truly filled up all the way or not.

If you could recreate her travels from the fill up, you'd have a pretty good idea of the potential kill site radius, right, if you assume they were really heading home after their phone call, and were abducted close by. Seems like it would be good to know if they left that night with a quarter tank of gas or three quarters.

Something else weird...how much do we know about the exact chronology of the witness conversation? The way I've read it, Tracie got out to call her mom and tell her they were on their way, while JB asked for directions. Would Tracie have told her mom she was on her way, if they weren't sure yet how to get home? Why would JB ask for directions if Tracie already was telling her mom they were on the way? It doesn't sound like Tracie told her mom they were currently lost, just that they had gotten lost. Implying from there she knew where she was going.

It's possible they asked for directions first, before the call, and they were actually a bit confused on exactly where to go, although given the familiarity with the area "lost" might be strong.

But it's also possible that JB asked for directions they didn't even need...either because the witness overheard Tracie saying they were lost (simply as an excuse) and the witness volunteered it, or Tracy asked it just for cover, or the witness started the conversation with something like "What are you girls doing out here?" or something like that.

I guess we've already collectively come to this conclusion and I'm just re-verbalizing it, but after all the reports, I think the evidence is very sketchy that they were EVER lost, even for a second. And that if they were lost, it was likely more like "oops wrong turn", not "where the hell are we?".

I think you're dealing with a case now in which many of the most prominent parts of the story (ID on the dash, they got lost, MABYE even the DNA) are probably totally irrelevant. Crazy.

In the recent interview with Wyklie(spelling?) Williams, there is a female PI sitting in on the conversation and is said to be working for one of the victims families.

Going back over these HCR articles and reports I am really thinking there is something there. Yea this JC character may be a bit off, but it is really helping me put together a working theory that makes sense and it is in line with some of the fundamental thoughts I had about this case in the very beginning.
I would suggest to anyone following along to really put some consideration into some of the ideas being reported by HCR.
JMO

Going back over these HCR articles and reports I am really thinking there is something there. Yea this JC character may be a bit off, but it is really helping me put together a working theory that makes sense and it is in line with some of the fundamental thoughts I had about this case in the very beginning.
I would suggest to anyone following along to really put some consideration into some of the ideas being reported by HCR.
JMO

I've read a little from there, and I get the temptation to think LE is involved...but has he definitively said where two 17 year old girls get incriminating tapes of drug deals at the highest levels?

Maybe he's come out with that, but the several I've read just state that they're in the girls' possession. My gut feeling is that sounds like him trying to shoehorn in a much "sexier" case into what he really cares about, the corruption of the police and this supposed drug dealing.

There are just very few ways that incriminating tapes of drug dealing end up in the possession of two barely 17-year olds driving around. That part seems like a huge leap, unless he's speculating they are big time informants making tapes, which seems unlikely as they are 16 year old high school girls, I have a hard time believing some federal authority is putting some kind of huge investigation on their shoulders. And letting them just drive around with the tapes.

I'd have to see a compelling explanation of how two high school juniors got themselves in the center of a gigantic multi-million dollar drug conspiracy, and became such threats that they had to be executed.

I've read a little from there, and I get the temptation to think LE is involved...but has he definitively said where two 17 year old girls get incriminating tapes of drug deals at the highest levels?

Maybe he's come out with that, but the several I've read just state that they're in the girls' possession. My gut feeling is that sounds like him trying to shoehorn in a much "sexier" case into what he really cares about, the corruption of the police and this supposed drug dealing.

There are just very few ways that incriminating tapes of drug dealing end up in the possession of two barely 17-year olds driving around. That part seems like a huge leap, unless he's speculating they are big time informants making tapes, which seems unlikely as they are 16 year old high school girls, I have a hard time believing some federal authority is putting some kind of huge investigation on their shoulders. And letting them just drive around with the tapes.

I'd have to see a compelling explanation of how two high school juniors got themselves in the center of a gigantic multi-million dollar drug conspiracy, and became such threats that they had to be executed.

Try not getting too caught up in the details. Look at the big picture. This is not Jon Carrolls story. He is just reporting what others have investigated. There is something here, this is all matching up with what my instincts have been telling me about this case since I started researching it 3 yrs ago.
There is something here folks. I am sure of it.

Try not getting too caught up in the details. Look at the big picture. This is not Jon Carrolls story. He is just reporting what others have investigated. There is something here, this is all matching up with what my instincts have been telling me about this case since I started researching it 3 yrs ago.
There is something here folks. I am sure of it.

Well, I'm not going to ignore details, when the motive, at least as I've seen it, doesn't make any real sense. If someone said they were killed because they had a magical stone, would you say, "don't get caught up in the details of the magical stone"? I would think the very idea would call credibility into question.

That said, I'm not saying he isn't onto any truths...but his conclusion, these supposed tapes...just doesn't make sense to me. I'm open to be persuaded if he presents a credible scenario that would put them in such a position.

Well, I'm not going to ignore details, when the motive, at least as I've seen it, doesn't make any real sense. If someone said they were killed because they had a magical stone, would you say, "don't get caught up in the details of the magical stone"? I would think the very idea would call credibility into question.

That said, I'm not saying he isn't onto any truths...but his conclusion, these supposed tapes...just doesn't make sense to me. I'm open to be persuaded if he presents a credible scenario that would put them in such a position.

Don't ignore the details. But just because them having possession of these tapes is hard to find an explanation for, shouldn't mean we discount this sort of motive.

Give me some time to see if I can put together a post where I am better able to articulate how this is all coming together in my mind to form a theory.

What if one of them was dating an informant?
Would you have an easier time considering that possibility?

What if one of them was dating an informant?
Would you have an easier time considering that possibility?

If there was some evidence in that area, I'm open to anything. But to me, considering the axe that HCR has to grind, it appears like the "tapes" part is him starting at the end and working backwards from there. Especially since there doesn't seem to be any need to explain such an outlandish premise.

Outlandish doesn't necessarily mean impossible, but for someone to publish that as a reason, and not seem to THINK it is outlandish enough to warrant an explanation...makes me think he's got his mind made up on the ending and is working back.

All that said, it's totally possible that he could turn over some actual important info even if his premise of motive is way off.

What if one of them was dating an informant?Would you have an easier time considering that possibility?
According to the HCR site there were five cassettes still in the car. Why not take all of them ?

If there were tapes, someone may have given the tapes to the girls to pass to someone else. That may have been mostly their involvement except they knew what the tapes were about. The person who gave such tapes might just be an informant, not any kind of agent.

IDK about this theory, but in that way, I could see how they could get involved.

And sometimes people see things they're not supposed to see.

If there were tapes, someone may have given the tapes to the girls to pass to someone else. That may have been mostly their involvement except they knew what the tapes were about. The person who gave such tapes might just be an informant, not any kind of agent.

IDK about this theory, but in that way, I could see how they could get involved.

And sometimes people see things they're not supposed to see.
Maybe there were tapes. Maybe the re or dings had nothing to do with drugs or LE. Lateral thinking....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hate using phone. Maybe had nothing to do with drugs or LE.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member