AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can believe what you want, but I have trouble with the credibility of anything that comes from HCR and John Carroll. JBs sister started out believing this nutcase but it didn't take her long to figure out what was really happening and she has banned him from their FB along with another nut, John Caylor. If you see anything posted anywhere by him, you shouldn't believe that, either. I'm just trying to give you some advice as a local , but you can believe what you want.

That may all be true and he may be wrong on almost everything but when he puts forth evidence in the form of official documents and/or video testimony then it would be irresponsible to offhandedly dismiss because of who reported it. Whatever the rift is between the two has no affect whatsoever on the former police officer's statements, notes, or her video. They stand on their own merits. I tend to believe the reports because in this litigious society we live in, there will be lawsuits coming for naming people and everyone better be prepared to defend their statements.

I am from the general area as well, born and raised, and this is absolutely possible if not probable. Just check out what is actually going on with DPD at the moment and how long that has been going on.

I'd also be very particular believing what Rena Crumb says. It all seemed very credible when it first came out but was then debunked. I was just trying to give you a heads up on the situation. :)

I'd also be very particular believing what Rena Crumb says. It all seemed very credible when it first came out but was then debunked. I was just trying to give you a heads up on the situation. :)

Oh yeah I know, seems shady but here is my point. When people go on the record, they open themselves up for an enormous amount of liability with their words. Maybe she and the other 2 cops are all liars but if they are willing to step out there and jeopardize their financials and possible freedoms then I think we have an obligation to listen, prove or disprove, and go from there. After all of these years, every lead should have been checked 3 times and given credibility or not and let the case progress from there.

What I would love to see happen is a good, legit cold case team get this case. I would love to see them start from the beginning, re interview everyone. Go over all the evidence. It's too bad Barrentine has died. But his ex wife is still out there. I would love for them to leave no stone un turned. I believe this case was botched. Whether it was from incompetence or the OPD hiding something. I believe with the right team, the evidence is there to solve it.

Where's the short video of Bookie that Bulldog references?

LR1, You can find it on the Justice for JB Beasley and Tracie Hawlett Facebook group. It is a closed group so if you are not a member, request to join. It was posted early in November so you'll have to scroll back a bit.

Agreed 100%. Re interview everyone and have everyone re submit DNA. This case should be solved.

Thanks Dog

It never made sense to me why people who are looking for answers to a cold case would set up a closed group which requires folks to "request" to join in. I'll pass on joining in and stick with what we have here where the lunatic fringe can be promptly kept in check.

btw, after walking away from this case when the henrycountyblogfiasco went down, I just got caught up on reading a month and a half or so posts on wiregrass, and man did this thing go jerry springer or what. Its embarrassing.

Thanks Dog

It never made sense to me why people who are looking for answers to a cold case would set up a closed group which requires folks to "request" to join in. I'll pass on joining in and stick with what we have here where the lunatic fringe can be promptly kept in check.

btw, after walking away from this case when the henrycountyblogfiasco went down, I just got caught up on reading a month and a half or so posts on wiregrass, and man did this thing go jerry springer or what. Its embarrassing.

Lol, yes it did. Unfortunately it seems no one is being honest. Everybody is calling everybody else out on lying. Hopefully through all of it someone will take a look at the allegations.

You can believe what you want, but I have trouble with the credibility of anything that comes from HCR and John Carroll. JBs sister started out believing this nutcase but it didn't take her long to figure out what was really happening and she has banned him from their FB along with another nut, John Caylor. Caylor has tried to interject himself into the case locally.If you see anything posted anywhere by him, you shouldn't believe that, either. I'm just trying to give you some advice as a local , but you can believe what you want.

All true Killarney Rose . But Jacqui stands by what she said in the video. Just because Carroll is a crazy person doesn't mean there isn't any truth behind what was reported. JMO

When the HCR first published the story, I think a lot of us thought that it made sense, and I am not dismissing the idea that a LE officer is responsible for the murders. But I Googled Rena Crumb's name and the first thing that came up was a court case against her for embezzlement/ theft. That is usually a bad sign ;)

I am still interested in what Jacqui says about 2 white dudes with their shirts off following the girls. Jacqui says that JB told Bookie about this at the Headland gas station. Jacqui says the girls took a wrong turn, ran into 2 dudes with their shirts off who then began following the girls. The "dudes" pulled in behind JB and Tracie and blocked them in. When they noticed the girls were startled, they pulled off and left in a hurry. This account is in Jacqui's video released by HCR.

In his video, Bookie says that he doesn't remember anything about JB saying that, but it was a long time ago. He remembered a lot of other details: directions on a napkin, girls meeting someone in Midland City, etc.. It just seems like the sort of detail one would remember. Thoughts?

Kind of hard to form an opinion not knowing anything about the video. Context? when and why was it made? who made it. So sister say's at some point (when exactly?) he said this about the two shirtless guy's but in a recent video he don't remember that detail. Do I have that right?

Was he their age? know them from school?

Could be a faulty memory with either party or perhaps something more nefarious. The incident could have played a role or it could have been been an innocent encounter dramatically blown out of proportion as teens will sometimes do. Its really hard to tell. LE should have a statement from him somewhere as he was one of the last to see the girls.

I'll say, I think they left Tracie's 10:05 was seen in headland at 10:30. I'm not sure exactly where Tracie's house was but that don't really leave time for much to happen and still make it to the store in time to tell this story.

I am having a difficult time believing that the girls went to a party in Ozark where they met Barrentine and/or others. I just feel like as popular as these two girls were... someone out of their circle of friends would have known that they had another party they were going to on their way "home". Someone would have said to LE, "Gee... they hang out with such 'n such in Ozark sometimes... have you talked to them?" IF they did go to this party... then how did they know about it? What was their link to the people at the party? Was it where they would go to maybe by some pot or get alcohol? I just find it improbable, but not impossible.

On one of my last comments prior to this one... I mentioned that Barrentine's relatives were quick to defend him... but I could not find any reference to his wife defending him. SHE saw him that night. The newspaper article states that her recollection of the night's events were "he was scared and couldn't sleep... watched TV all night". This is before the victims were found. This guy is dirty.

A few hours interviewing a suspect is not uncommon at all... especially for a homicide. Hell... I've spent two hours on an interview for a measly $500 cash theft admission. I can't speak for the validity of those doing the interview... but it appears to me that he was on the ropes... he lawyered up and LE couldn't get to him to throw the knock out punch. Smart move by him or his relatives.

Again... at this point... the key to solving this case lies with his wife or ex-wife. I wonder what she would say in confidence today. I wonder if she believes he did it. According to newspaper reports... it sure sounds like she thought he was involved.

Where is the article that has his wife saying that, it sounds familiar but where did that come from? There's reporting in the chronology of events where she says he was only gone for 15 minutes but it could have been longer but she didn't have a watch.

She visited him in jail and was relieved when it was all over.

Where is the article that has his wife saying that, it sounds familiar but where did that come from? There's reporting in the chronology of events where she says he was only gone for 15 minutes but it could have been longer but she didn't have a watch.

She visited him in jail and was relieved when it was all over.

It was in the same link you posted earlier. It's the 8th paragraph in the article.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1842&dat=19991010&id=u2QpAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Z8kEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4872,1360502&hl=en

HE said She said, you got to remember the DA had put all of his eggs in that basket at that point. You notice he don't say anything about the 15 minutes he was gone, just that he was gone longer than expected. So Johnny was up all night on a Saturday night, he probably wasn't the only one. And how did she know this, did she stay up all night with him?

If John was in any way manipulated into giving false statements by leading questions, it's not a stretch to think the wife would have been also.

I have to trust that the GJ did the right thing for the right reasons. You have to know that with what was done to these girls, if there was good reason to move forward with John, that would have happened. They no doubt wanted to see the one who did this hang, but wanted to make damn sure it was the right one. That's the way it's supposed to work.

For anyone following the Steve Avery case, Johnny B. Kinda makes me think of Brendan Dassey. Makes me think it could be possible the same thing happened to Johnny B. Maybe he really didn't know anything at all. I'd love to see that interrogation :innocent:

When the HCR first published the story, I think a lot of us thought that it made sense, and I am not dismissing the idea that a LE officer is responsible for the murders. But I Googled Rena Crumb's name and the first thing that came up was a court case against her for embezzlement/ theft. That is usually a bad sign ;)

I am still interested in what Jacqui says about 2 white dudes with their shirts off following the girls. Jacqui says that JB told Bookie about this at the Headland gas station. Jacqui says the girls took a wrong turn, ran into 2 dudes with their shirts off who then began following the girls. The "dudes" pulled in behind JB and Tracie and blocked them in. When they noticed the girls were startled, they pulled off and left in a hurry. This account is in Jacqui's video released by HCR.

In his video, Bookie says that he doesn't remember anything about JB saying that, but it was a long time ago. He remembered a lot of other details: directions on a napkin, girls meeting someone in Midland City, etc.. It just seems like the sort of detail one would remember. Thoughts?

Where is this video of "Bookie"?

**I saw where you answered in previous post. So thanks!*

Was the DNA testing done before or after the Grand Jury met on Barrentine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003