Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been giving the media a lot of praise in this case to this point but today they get an "F" from me!

:mad::mad::mad:

(News outlets including the Daily Mail are STILL tweeting that she has been found.)
Media source that I mentioned was stationed there and live reporting. They were waiting for confirmation from LE and then got a call from someone in LE confirming she was found. In that case, not the media's fault. IMO

This is unconscionable. Whichever member stated that there are people who heard she was found and will stop looking is correct. There are people who heard or read “found” who then turned off their TV or computer and are no longer looking for Cupcake because they believe she’s been found alive. I don’t have the words to write how I feel about this horrendous situation.

There will be so much publicity about this whole mess that every single one of those people will know shortly about the error.

It’s important to keep in mind that the lead agency didn’t screw this up. Had they been the ones to do that, I’d absolutely agree with you.

Respectfully,

I agree, but shouldn't lead agency have someone on the scene ? Maybe the PR person? Especially with such a high profile case and the large crowds.

Being prepared and anticipating the unexpected is key to success and to save face.

EDIT to add.....worked with the press you can't leave them unattended. They need a sitter, that's usually,the PR person from the agency.

Jmo

Last edited:
Thank God that news station has their heads on straight. This is just awful.

Everyone there needs to SHUT UP- stop cheering, until she is literally seen alive and taken out of the building. Why the brother did that interview is a mystery- did he maybe see another little girl that looked like her and assume it was his sister? Wishful thinking?

It makes me question the description he gave of the perps. He is only 11. Please someone protect him from the media.

Who did they find then? They took a girl into the ambulance. What is wrong with the media here? It is so irresponsible
well, I am grateful if they found another little missing darling that we weren't aware of. I hope the little sweetheart is ok. Maybe this is where confusion came from Cupcake's relatives- they might have thought it was her.

Now, where is Cupcake?

What a royal cf this turned out to be. :mad: I have to hand it to WVTV13, they never did say cupcake had been found. They kept repeating it was unconfirmed and they didn't want to give out false information. How I hope and pray that people will realize that we all need to continue to be looking for Cupcake. She is out there somewhere.

I wonder if the POI's got news in jail that this was happening maybe from the TV? If so I wonder what their reactions were? Remember when CA saw they were searching the area near her home for Caylee? :mad:
I’m honestly only going to be following 13 and their reporters for continuing news on this case. Mary O’Connell is the reporter that was at the scene and her Twitter @marywvtm13 has had good coverage.

Disappointed doesn't even come close.
As far as the "msm" official reporting -- going to go and sit on my hands.
Disappointed doesn't even come close.
As far as the "msm" official reporting -- going to go and sit on my hands.
Wow, I don’t think I ever realized how protected we were on Websleuths, until we weren’t.

I take it back. This reporter gets an A. :)

carol robinson on Twitter
In a side note, there is a large crowd out here, many doing FB live videos. I can tell you the amount of misinformation being disseminated over social media is astounding
EHBC7BuW4AALEaj.jpg

1:23 PM - 16 Oct 2019

I can confirm that published reports of Kamille McKinney being found are absolutely incorrect
1:29 PM - 16 Oct 2019

Police say they completed search of apartment complex and Kamillle was not found. The search here is over.
1:51 PM - 16 Oct 2019

Search site has now been dismantled
EHBKM5CW4AE3j2n.jpg

1:55 PM - 16 Oct 2019

Another child?

LE entered an apartment building (where for some reason a couple of ladies and a small child were being allowed to loiter outside the door), and a few adults exited with them like 15 minutes later.....two of the little girls being carried "could have been" Kamille. The crowd yelled and cheered, thinking one of them was her, while the adults holding the kids and the kids themselves looked a little bewildered.

Respectfully,

I agree, but shouldn't lead agency have so done on the scene ? Maybe the PR person? Especially with such a high profile case and the large crowds.

Being prepared and anticipating the unexpected is key to success and to save face.

Jmo

I don’t think they could have anticipated that the sheriff would do something like this.

As soon as the story of her safe recovery began circulating, they put out word that it was false.

That’s why we had a couple reporters consistently and confidently shooting down that rumor.

This is unconscionable. Whichever member stated that there are people who heard she was found and will stop looking is correct. There are people who heard or read “found” who then turned off their TV or computer and are no longer looking for Cupcake because they believe she’s been found alive. I don’t have the words to write how I feel about this horrendous situation.

Hmm I suppose some people may wash their hands of a MP case after hearing "found" but I'm not sure that's true for the majority of people. It's not like once they hear an MP has been found, they're never going to watch the news again. If this news station wants to do anything to get back in good graces it should plaster Cupcake all over their feeds and the fact that she's still missing. Also if she were to have been found today, personally I would have 110% kept up with the developments to hear who did this! To make sure justice is served. I'm not sure how many people who are actually invested would just walk away immediately after seeing a report she's been found.
But yes I do agree with you it's a horrendous situation and someone has some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez