Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been bothering me since Sunday and I was wondering if I missed some discussion on it. I live in AL and the first Amber Alert I got was at 12:06 am (the notification is still on my phone). Sometime after that when details started emerging, they were saying she had been missing since 8:30pm Saturday. The police confirmed there was a delay and i don't remember where I read it (so its not fact) but I read the delay was approx two hours.

I have wracked my brain and asked other moms I know and my husband. If our older daughter saw stranger put our younger daughter in a vehicle...how long would they look for the child before they called the police. Eleven years old may not be old enough to give a good eyewitness account but it's certainly old enough to know whether or not a younger sibling was just taken by a stranger. I wouldn't even check in the house, I would immediately call 911. Of course, I would be looking for her while on the phone with them but I know time is critical and if it's worst case scenario then I need all the help I can get.

Maybe that would be an overreaction? I'm also not one to let my children go very far out of my sight. We have an enclosed back yard in a safe neighborhood and i'm still not comfortable just assuming nobody would take them. I don't know all of our neighbors around us. They take a walkie talkie with them and I stream our security camera to our TV so I can watch them while working inside.

I just don't understand spending any significant amount of time not calling 911 when my older child sees a stranger take our child. It's the primary reason I still feel something is not right with this case. I want Cupcake brought home and then the investigators be able to piece together the whole story. Even if I never find out the whole story, I hope the police do and act accordingly. MOO
This area doesn't really like to involve the police. I think they believed they could find her. JMO

Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney: What we know nearly 5 days after Birmingham abduction

• Kamille was with her mother, April Thomas, and other family members at the birthday party in a parking lot off 41st Place North.
Was this parking lot “inside” of the complex? I’ve tried to look via google maps and pictures- the parking lots seem to be in the middle of a group of apartments?

So someone would have to drive in and park along with residents in the middle of a party being held in a parking lot? There had to be at least one adult outside or people just sitting around in lawn chairs or hanging out?

If the parking lot is off 41st Place North as the article states, it does appear to be in the middle of the complex. Seems to be the only parking lot off that road that I can see. MOO

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 12.02.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 12.02.29 PM.png
Google Maps

AL.com on Twitter
A man who was detained after Kamille McKInney's abduction has been freed on bond. https://trib.al/tBQHU2g
EHF7stVXkAAe4jC.jpg

12:10 PM - 17 Oct 2019

WBRC FOX6 News on Twitter
#BREAKING: Patrick Devone Stallworth, the man arrested during the investigation into the kidnapping of Kamille McKinney is free on bond.
EHF8rnXXkAEN9gc.jpg

12:14 PM - 17 Oct 2019

Man detained after Kamille McKinney abduction is freed on bond
[...]

Patrick Devone Stallworth, 39, bonded out of the Jefferson County Jail at 3:22 a.m., according to jail records. His bond was set at $500,000 on seven child *advertiser censored* charges.

[...]

A preliminary hearing in the child *advertiser censored* cases is set for Nov. 12.

[...]

Birmingham attorney Emory Anthony was appointed Thursday as Stallworth’s attorney. He said he went to speak with him and learned he had been released from jail. Because he has not spoken with his client, Anthony said he could not comment further on the case.

[...]

Stallworth has no significant prior criminal record. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge in Butler County in 2004. He was arrested again in 2013 on a felony marijuana possession charged but it was dismissed.

Last edited:
I wish the media would ask where the white woman is.
For whatever reason, the media of today does not ask these questions anymore, and I don't know why. Even if the response is "I can't comment at this time", I'd still rather hear that than to have that detail ignored. They're too busy wanting to be the first to report someone is found, as we saw yesterday. They want the big scoop.

I'd love to see Nancy Grace interview LE. I bet she would ask what happened to the white woman and a few other questions we all have that are left dangling in the air.

https://twitter.com/aldotcom/status/1184864187325059080
A man who was detained after Kamille McKInney's abduction has been freed on bond. https://trib.al/tBQHU2g
EHF7stVXkAAe4jC.jpg

Patrick Devone Stallworth, 39, bonded out of the Jefferson County Jail at 3:22 a.m., according to jail records. His bond was set at $500,000 on seven child *advertiser censored* charges.

If he is not involved, maybe him or his attorney will make a statement.

Little "Cupcake" is exceptionally pretty and of course her cute moniker makes her that more memorable.
Wondering if some pedo put her on a "wish list" of sorts and she was kidnapped to order, hoping though- that somebody just wanted a cute child of their own and justified it by thinking they could give Kamille a better life.

On the darker side, wondering if the housing complex has a janitor room and/or furnaces, water heaters and if they have been searched in the spaces behind those things ect?
Speculation.imo.

They’re not talking to police so they sure aren’t going to talk to media. People claiming to have been at the party have made explicit details known on SM. What appeared to be the most pertinent stuff has been wiped clean. They were getting major harassment and hundreds of messages. I’m sure there are many copies saved.
Can you provide a link that says they're not talking to police?

EHF7stVXkAAe4jC.jpg

EHF7stVXkAAe4jC.jpg

A preliminary hearing in the child *advertiser censored* cases is set for Nov. 12.

Birmingham attorney Emory Anthony was appointed Thursday as Stallworth’s attorney. He said he went to speak with him and learned he had been released from jail. Because he has not spoken with his client, Anthony said he could not comment further on the case.

I hope they stick a couple of under cover police on him. See if he contacts anyone. Where he goes, something has to give and soon.

EHF7stVXkAAe4jC.jpg

To me this means if he had anything to do with/or they believed he had anything to do with Cupcakes disappearance no way they let him bond out. They would have been waiting there to charge him with something else.

I mean perhaps he is just the best criminal ever and left no trace. (Which we know to already be not true, since he left the car out in plain sight...and left child *advertiser censored* on his phone).

This case is just......interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member