Found Deceased AL- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinion - I too am flabbergasted at not only these 3 recent "child grabbing" cases, but also at the lack of adult supervision of these young playing children, in playgrounds and front yards. This kind of crime has gone on my entire life. You would think people would learn to minimize the "bad guys" chances.... I once again hope this one ends with the child home safe and sound....moo

So can we agree here that women are not known to abduct random kids and kill them, knock on wood? Again this aspect of the presence of the female gives me hope that Cupcake can be recovered alive.

Normally that’s true, especially if they do it alone.

The fact that she was with a male here, complicates things somewhat. Females have been known to participate in abductions that are perpetrated by males for sexual purposes.

That seems to be quite unusual though, so hopefully she is the one who drove this. If that’s the case, the odds of a positive outcome are good.

Opinion - I too am flabbergasted at not only these 3 recent "child grabbing" cases, but also at the lack of adult supervision of these young playing children, in playgrounds and front yards. This kind of crime has gone on my entire life. You would think people would learn to minimize the "bad guys" chances.... I once again hope this one ends with the child home safe and sound....moo

Folks become secure and comfortable in the same environment. Letting down our guard.

We want our kids and grandkids to have some sense of freedom, like we had as kids. Nope can't do it that way any more.

We can't take our eyes off kids any more.

Jmho

So can we agree here that women are not known to abduct random kids and kill them, knock on wood? Again this aspect of the presence of the female gives me hope that Cupcake can be recovered alive.

Absolutely it isn't common at all. When it does happen, the female is known to the child. When a couple abducts the child, it gets fuzzy. Because the outcome depends on who was driving it.

You have your Paul/Karla couples. You have your Mitchell/Barzee couples. However, I can't think of one with a child this young. It's just out of the norm.

CBS 42 on Twitter
Housing Authority of the Birmingham District releases statement on search for missing 3-year-old Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney. “We are praying for the safe return of 3-year-old Kamille McKinney..."
EGyCoYbWsAA8DDV.png

3:31 PM - 13 Oct 2019

‘If anybody sees ‘Cupcake,’ just call her by her name’: 3-year-old girl kidnapped from Tom Brown Village
UPDATE: 2:30 P.M.– The Housing Authority of the Birmingham District where Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney was last seen released a statement on the search for the 3-year-old.

“We are praying for the safe return of 3-year-old Kamille McKinney and asking for anyone who may know anything about her disappearance to please contact the Birmingham Police Department. We can’t imagine what little Kamille’s family is going through at this moment. We’d like her family to know that they are in our thoughts and we pray this unimaginable situation will end very soon with the safe return of their little girl. HABD expresses gratitude to the public and media for sharing this story to help spread the word about the child’s abduction, which we pray will lead to a credible tip for law enforcement.”

Folks become secure and comfortable in the same environment. Letting down our guard.

We want our kids and grandkids to have some sense of freedom, like we had as kids. Nope can't do it that way any more.

Jmho

There’s actually never been a safer time to be a child. Abductions aren’t increasing, but we are more aware of them now.

Social media and 24/7 news coverage create an illusion that these things happen with greater frequency.

‘I just want my daughter back’: 3-year-old girl abducted from Birmingham birthday party

SABBM:

According to other children, a man and a woman in a dark SUV picked up Kamille. An 11-year-old boy said he saw a man get out of the SUV, pick up Kamille and put her in the vehicle. Police do not believe this is a custodial issue.

Kamille’s father has been visibly distraught since Kamille vanished. He said he received the call about 8:50 p.m. Saturday. “They said my daughter was abducted,’’ he said.

The father of four said he has no idea why someone would take his child. “She’s scared, she’s lonely, she doesn’t know what’s going on,’’ he said. “She’s just a baby. Whatever the situation is, whatever they’ve got going on, it don’t concern her.”

He described his daughter as sweet and lovable. “She’s a good girl,’’ he said. “She’s just a pretty little girl with the prettiest eyes. She ain’t the girl that’s going to get in the car with just anybody.”

Asked what he would say to the person who took his daughter, McKinney said, “It’s sick man. There’s enough going on.”

Praytor said they are treating Kamille’s disappearance as a stranger abduction but are not ruling out any scenario. “Anytime a 3-year-old is not with their parents, you consider them being in danger,’’ Praytor said.

Marg, any abductions with kids this little?

Jmho

I live in a VERY safe area. 3 homicides in the 30 years we've been here. None were children. No abductions. I mean it's a really safe area. But this can happen ANYWHERE and I KNOW that. So, I am still careful.

However, it is common place to see children Cupcake's age playing outside unsupervised. In a field next to their house with friends. In a grassy area on the side of the house without windows.

I have often said that an abductor would have no problem if he decided to drive through my town. He'd have his pick of kids without resistance. It is so disturbing.

FTR I have come across a significant number of cases where both females and couples were involved with child *advertiser censored*, jmo.
Yes, but kids are typically groomed for that sort of thing, and the crime occurs close to home (family members, or close family friends).

Kidnapping kids for child *advertiser censored* doesn’t seem to happen.

Yes, but kids are typically groomed for that sort of thing, and the crime occurs close to home (family members, or close family friends).

The Amish sisters age 7 and 12 were abducted from the fruit stand for *advertiser censored*, there was a couple involved in that case:

N.Y. couple in Amish abduction case face new charges

-

Hopefully ICAC, etc has eyes out on the dark web.

A female abductor being part of the equation makes this unusual.

The fact that a woman is part of this kidnapping makes me feel more optimistic that KM can be recovered safely.

Could this be a childless couple that can't adopt for some reason?

We all know there have been cases of desperate women abducting children because they don't/can't have their own.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members