Found Deceased AL- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but that’s rare on the whole. You can find a case that breaks every mold, but that doesn’t make that scenario (kidnapping for child *advertiser censored*) likely.

We can agree to disagree on this one, friend. :)

(ETA: Although I’m always down for ping pong with you :wink:

giphy.gif
)

I don't know what I was expecting when I checked Cupcake's thread today, but this definitely was NOT it.

Was there a warning issued if they were occurring before?
I was not expecting that either! It completely blows my mind, also no I have not heard of any warnings issued about anyone luring children until today.

I was not expecting that either! It completely blows my mind, also no I have not heard of any warnings issued about anyone luring children until today.

Unfortunately when researching attempted abductions in any given case, many come up. Seems to happen every day and often we just don’t hear about it. It is often with these luring tactics such as candy and “help me find my puppy”. However, these are always male individuals (that I’ve seen).

Last edited:
Folks become secure and comfortable in the same environment. Letting down our guard.

We want our kids and grandkids to have some sense of freedom, like we had as kids. Nope can't do it that way any more.

We can't take our eyes off kids any more.

Jmho
I think we never could.... In 1968 the two year old little sister of a childhood friend of my wife's was playing in her front yard alone( her Mother was in the house cleaning house, etc.) for "just a few minutes" and vanished. She was found the next day strangled, sexually molested, stuffed in a sleeping bag, of the front hallway closet, of the young single man who lived next door, who was a City Police Officer.....Her death still haunts her three older brothers, who are all now old men .....My folks were always cautious when living in town. I guess not all families were then or are even so today.......May God bless the late Lori Gunn and her family.... Let this little girl come home safe and sound real soon.....moo

Last edited:
I want to believe this couple just wanted a child...
But I think the stats on the other children they tried to lure will tell us a lot about motive.

The fact they lured and abducted like this is what is extra troublesome, imo. This is how PREDATORS behave.

Maybe they need a child to get assistance or something, who knows. Because if they were responsible individuals they should be able to legally adopt.

Again as I mentioned earlier, best case scenario is they want a child for their own to love and care for, and will not harm Cupcake. However the MO of all this is troubling.

Also, if they want a child, don’t women usually take babies?

Last edited:
AMBER ALERT: 3-year-old girl kidnapped in Birmingham
UPDATE : Police have issued an updated description of the vehicle involved in a child's kidnapping.

Police are looking for a 2001 - 2006 model Toyota Sequoia, blue-green in color with tan or brown trim. They believe a man and woman are enticing children with candy.

[...]

Hopefully, they are able to capture the tag number and trace it. The pictures are really clear.
Jmo

The fact they lured and abducted like this is what is troublesome.

Maybe they need a child to get assistance or something, who knows. Because if they were responsible individuals they should be able to legally adopt.

Again as I mentioned earlier, best case scenario is they want a child or their own to love and care for, and will not harm Cupcake. However the MO of all this is troubling.

Also, if they want a child, don’t women usually take babies?

They won't get assistance without proving they are her parents. Yes they normally take babies, which is why I say the ages of the other luring attempts will be telling. If they were all toddlers that's one thing. If they were all ages then that's unsettling as it appears they were just looking for a child, any child. Maybe they haven't come across a baby they had a chance to grab.

I think we never could.... In 1968 the two year little sister of a childhood friend of my wife's was playing in her front yard alone( her Mother was in the house cleaning house, etc.) for "just a few minutes" and vanished. She was found the next day strangled, sexually molested, stuffed in a sleeping bag, of the front hallway closet, of the young single man who lived next door, who was a City Police Officer.....Her death still haunts her three older brothers, who are all now old men .....My folks were always cautious when living in town. I guess not all families were then or are even so today.......May God bless the late Lori Gunn and her family.... Let this little girl come home safe and sound real soon.....moo
Yeah.

Google "Oakland County Child Killer" and you realize the good old days weren't so red hot.

Kids have always been vulnerable. They're small, and defenseless.

Predators like easy prey.

JMO.

Rsbm Maybe they haven't come across a baby they had a chance to grab.

Interesting thought.

Any chance there is gang activity worth investigating?

This has certainly crossed my mind as well.

—-

ETA: I’m also getting a weird Relisha Rudd vibe here. She was taken to that motel...I don’t think I’ll ever get that image of the motel surveillance video out of my head.

Last edited:
Yeah.

Google "Oakland County Child Killer" and you realize the good old days weren't so red hot.

Kids have always been vulnerable. They're small, and defenseless.

Predators like easy prey.

JMO.
And back then it was a hell of a lot easier to get away with it, and commit multiple abductions.

Now it’s more common for that sort of thing to be one and done.

Cameras, DNA and fingerprint databases, sex offender registries, law enforcement coordination, Amber Alert notifications, longer sentences for sexual predators; it goes on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon