Found Deceased AL- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I don't understand the requirements of the Public Housing Authority. Can you live in Public Housing when you have a lot of income?

In the first press conference, it was stated it was not her party and the family did not live at this address. LE did not release the families address.
She must have been visiting.

Jmo

Absolutely it isn't common at all. When it does happen, the female is known to the child. When a couple abducts the child, it gets fuzzy. Because the outcome depends on who was driving it.

You have your Paul/Karla couples. You have your Mitchell/Barzee couples. However, I can't think of one with a child this young. It's just out of the norm.

Well said. Who’s driving the boat?

ETA:
Maybe they are equally copiloting.

But if I had to take a leap I’d say the man. And that the women is perhaps abused as I mentioned earlier.

Just thinking out loud, not saying this is relevant or accurate AT ALL, lol.

Last edited:
Glad to see you here, MsF. I was actually wondering if you, @MsMarple or @katydid23 would be able to provide some similar cases for references involving a M/F , random perps.

If they were previously trying to lure kids with candy, and with the abduction location not being Cupcake’s residence, I think we can indeed proceed with the notion of this likely being a random abduction (which LE stated as well, though they are not ruling anything out).

Again where those other kids females, and very small kids?

The only motive I can think of atm is child *advertiser censored*, jmo.

If someone was looking to have a child of their own, the way they’ve gone about it makes me worried that these could be violent individuals.

At this early stage I would venture to guess that perhaps the female abductor is a victim of abuse (childhood or other), moo. (I know that’s a leap atm. All brainstorming, speculation, could be way off here, just sharing some thoughts as they come.)

ETA: I wonder if the vehicle is stolen or a rental, or indeed their own vehicle.
<waving> Hi Margarita!

I'm still reading the thread but it seems like kids 7+ years are more "typical" targets for predators. I'm still looking for info/profiles/statistics which explains whether the age is preference or opportunity.

Here's one great resource page from NCMEC. I can't directly link to the PDFs - they automatically download to my pc. The first two articles - Analysis of Attempted Abduction Trends and A 10-Year Analysis of Attempted Abductions and Related Incidents are worth reading. From the second PDF:

Overall, hands-on force was the most common specific method that offenders used against children. However, offenders primarily used forceful methods against the youngest and oldest children while verbal ploys were the primary approach used against elementary and middle school-age children.
Of the 9,872 children:
• 67 percent were female and 21 percent were male (for 12 percent of children, gender was unknown).
• Overall, children had an average age of 11 yrs old, although male children had a significantly younger average age (10yrs) compared to female children (12yrs).
• The vast majority of children were of school-age (70 percent) - either elementary (6-10yrs) middle (11-13yrs) or high school-age (14-18yrs).
Only six percent of children were before school age (0-5yrs) (For 24 percent of children, age was unknown).

I couldn't cut/paste the section on offenders but highlights included:
- 96% were male, 3% were female, 1% unknown.
- Average age was ~35, 36.
- Children were most victimized by males working alone (87%).
- 7% by pairs of males.
- In both cases older children were targeted more than before school age children.
- Females were more likely to go after younger kids.
- Females targeting infants and toddlers more likely acted alone.
- Females targeting school age kids were equally likely to act alone or with a male partner
For the youngest children that were before school age, in addition to force, other common offender methods included directing or demanding the child to come with them (13 percent); engaging in conversation with the child or their parent (eight percent); impersonating someone, such as a trusted family friend/acquaintance, medical professional/patient, social worker or police officer and; (seven percent) breaking and entering into their residence, most commonly at night between 6pm-6am (six percent).
NCMEC Data

Interestingly, the candy ploy was more frequently used on elementary school children than younger and older ones. Much more info at the link.
Some recent cases in the news:
Minnesota - possibly a teenager attempting to lure with candy. No ages given for the kids.
Brooklyn New York - 4 men have been attempting to lure kids into their SUV with candy. The kids they've approached so far were 10, 11 and 12 years old.
Indiana woman is in custody after trying to lure some kids, including a 3 year old. However, her main target appeared to be a couple of older kids - 7 and 9.
Lehigh Acres Florida - single man, no ages given for the kids.

Interesting article on the different ways potential abductors use to lure children:
Child Lures

ETA:
Question, who here has have ever heard of a case where a woman lured or tried to lure a child with candy? Just wondering.

BBM:

It does happen. Here's one example:

Police: Woman lures kids with candy; man stalks girl walking home from school
SABBM:
Around 6:30 p.m. on April 20, two children were fetching a dodgeball that landed between two fences in the 6700-block of North Whipple Street. That's near Chippewa Park in the city's Rogers Park neighborhood.

Police said a woman in the passenger seat of a black SUV tried to lure the children to her, promising candy. The children ran home to their parents.

And one more:

Police: Woman Lured Kids With Sweets, Then Sexually Abused Them | DCist
SABBM:
D.C. Police’s Youth and Family Services Division arrested and charged a woman with child sexual abuse after allegedly using candy to lure minors into her house.

Police say that 42-year-old Larona Steele of Northeast “lured three juvenile victims into her residence by offering them ice cream and popcorn” and then “locked the door and directed the victims to perform sexual acts on her.”

So, women use candy/treats as enticements to lure children, also.

It's not just men who use that ploy.

JMO.

BBM:

It does happen. Here's one example:

Police: Woman lures kids with candy; man stalks girl walking home from school
SABBM:
Around 6:30 p.m. on April 20, two children were fetching a dodgeball that landed between two fences in the 6700-block of North Whipple Street. That's near Chippewa Park in the city's Rogers Park neighborhood.

Police said a woman in the passenger seat of a black SUV tried to lure the children to her, promising candy. The children ran home to their parents.

And one more:

Police: Woman Lured Kids With Sweets, Then Sexually Abused Them | DCist
SABBM:
D.C. Police’s Youth and Family Services Division arrested and charged a woman with child sexual abuse after allegedly using candy to lure minors into her house.

Police say that 42-year-old Larona Steele of Northeast “lured three juvenile victims into her residence by offering them ice cream and popcorn” and then “locked the door and directed the victims to perform sexual acts on her.”

So, women can use candy/treats as enticements to lure children, also.
It's not just men who use that ploy.

JMO.

Thank you, good to know.

(ETA: actually not really)

Last edited:
Another thing, I had asked above about women that abduct, that don’t they usually take little babies? But I saw something the other day on ID “Web of Lies” where a woman was lured on a dating site. She had fallen in love with this man and had a lengthy, substantial online relationship him; unbeknownst to her it was really a woman with whom she was communicating and who was really planning the whole time to abduct her child (which she did...she had seen the child’s photos on SM). Anyway my point is that the child was a toddler iirc, so perhaps they don’t always take babies. Now the question comes, would a man be in on this too? Abducting a child if the woman wanted one? If we are to believe that the perp in Savanna Greywind’s case is indeed guilty of involvement (fetal abduction), then this is proof that men can be in on these plots as well. But I can’t say I recall cases where a male abducted a child just because he wants a child to care for? Anyone?

Usually the female abductor who has a partner will fake a pregnancy, go steal a child and claim the new baby is their baby that she was pregnant with. With the lie that she's pregnant, she's painted herself into a corner and by the time she gets to the due date that she's claimed, then she feels she has no option but to find a baby, any baby, to pretend is the one she's just given birth to.

Then you can have females who have lost a child and they see a child who reminds them of the one they've lost, and they might either believe this is their child and take it, or want so badly to be a mom to the child that reason goes out the window and they take the child to love and care for.

A male+female abduction team, I'm afraid I don't associate them with very positive outcomes, though I can't think of any who've taken a child this young. But a woman who'd go along with this isn't likely to have a very caring disposition toward the abductee, or she wouldn't have gone along with it in the first place. Pleasing and abetting the male is more likely to be her aim, not caring for the abductee.

I hope that as in this case there's already images of the vehicle, that these two will realise that it's in their own best interests to let the child go unharmed rather than face life imprisonment and potential dp. They will also find it easier to go on the run without the abducted child than with her. Releasing the child safely is in their best interests, and I hope they will work that out that it's easier for them to attempt to run without a 3-yr old in tow, and if they do get caught they will not face such harsh punishment if they've let the child go unharmed and dropped her off to a safe place.

Usually the female abductor who has a partner will fake a pregnancy, go steal a child and claim the new baby is their baby that she was pregnant with. With the lie that she's pregnant, she's painted herself into a corner and by the time she gets to the due date that she's claimed, then she feels she has no option but to find a baby, any baby, to pretend is the one she's just given birth to.

Then you can have females who have lost a child and they see a child who reminds them of the one they've lost, and they might either believe this is their child and take it, or want so badly to be a mom to the child that reason goes out the window and they take the child to love and care for.

A male+female abduction team, I'm afraid I don't associate them with very positive outcomes, though I can't think of any who've taken a child this young. But a woman who'd go along with this isn't likely to have a very caring disposition toward the abductee, or she wouldn't have gone along with it in the first place. Pleasing and abetting the male is more likely to be her aim, not caring for the abductee.

I hope that as in this case there's already images of the vehicle, that these two will realise that it's in their own best interests to let the child go unharmed rather than face life imprisonment and potential dp. They will also find it easier to go on the run without the abducted child than with her. Releasing the child safely is in their best interests, and I hope they will work that out that it's easier for them to attempt to run without a 3-yr old in tow, and if they do get caught they will not face such harsh punishment if they've let the child go unharmed and dropped her off to a safe place.

Absolutely, great post Amonet.

My head keeps going back to a custodial issue or other targeted motive, retribution, ETC., but LE has said they don’t believe that to be the case at this time, although they are not ruling anything out.

Maybe this element of “random” will change with new information as the investigation progresses. Or not.

Again, just thinking out loud.

Pulling forward the candy luring quote to dissect it again (that it is for certain related). I know it was posted with the vehicle images, iirc. Going back for pommy’s post.

ETA:

Xavier Harris on Twitter
AMBER ALERT: I just spoke with Sgt. Rodarius Mauldin he confirmed with me there is a new BOLO for a 2001-2006 Toyota Sequoia, Blue-Green with Tan or Brown trim. He says it’s a white female & black male enticing children with candy. If you see this car call @BhamPolice @WVTM13
1:14 PM - 13 Oct 2019

Xavier Harris on Twitter
He believes it does have a connection with missing 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney
1:15 PM - 13 Oct 2019

I look forward to hearing LE comment on this candy luring thing in the next PC, that it is for certain related, moo.

Last edited:
Maybe I don't understand the requirements of the Public Housing Authority. Can you live in Public Housing when you have a lot of income?

My understanding is that Cupcake was there for a birthday party but did not live there. Father said he received a call that his daughter was abducted. I believe he also lived elsewhere. Not sure but seemed like Cupcake’s mom and dad did not live together. To be clear... my comments are MOO.

Was it the 11 year old at the party who gave the first witness account? If so, I'm actually VERY impressed

Dark SUV possibly blue-green
Possibly a 01-06 Toyota 4Runner with tan protruding front bumper

The provided photos are apparently a Toyota Sequoia (very similar SUV in size and looks and is the same make) 01-06 and it does look blue (imo) though the entire trim not just the front bumper appears to be silver? But again, the one I found online randomly looked tan-ish in photos with sunlight.

Basically, that's a super impressive witness account for a child.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. —

UPDATE: 4:30 p.m. Sunday: The Birmingham Police Department has opened a tip line to help find Kamille McKinney. That number is 205-297-8413.

AMBER ALERT: 3-year-old girl kidnapped in Birmingham

—-

BUMP:

“Kamille was seen last wearing a pink T shirt with Minnie Mouse leopard print design, leopard print shorts and yellow, white, and blue hair bows at Tom Brown Village housing community around 8:30 p m on October 12th 2019 and is believed to be in extreme danger...”

Amber Alert issued for 3-year-old Birmingham girl

—-

UMQFZMSKLFG77PCADCPG5WGQPE.JPG

Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney

‘I just want my daughter back’: 3-year-old girl abducted from Birmingham birthday party

Last edited:
Looking for yesyerday’s/last night’s blotter, not sure if there’s anything here but posting for reference:

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Birmingham-Alabama.html

—-

Anything here? What about maybe in the days preceding?
CrimeReports.com

(I just got stung by a bee on my hand, no more typing.)

I feel so icky when I think of “couples” abducting kids. Like Tori Stafford. :(

(For reference:
Murder of Tori Stafford - Wikipedia

UGH...that is horrible!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors