Found Deceased AL- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS 42 on Twitter
.@BhamPolice have opened an additional tip line to help find 3-year-old Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney. Call (205) 297-8413 if you have any info.
EGynD7WXkAAxQKu.png

6:07 PM - 13 Oct 2019

AMBER ALERT: 3-year-old girl kidnapped in Birmingham
UPDATE : Police have issued an updated description of the vehicle involved in a child's kidnapping.

Police are looking for a 2001 - 2006 model Toyota Sequoia, blue-green in color with tan or brown trim. They believe a man and woman are enticing children with candy.

[...]

Oh God. Please can we just have one case where the couple just really, really wants a child and can’t have one of their own? Instead of a horrific sexual predation and murder case? Please God. Just one this time.

@MassGuy , what are your thoughts on motive? I’m curious. Tia if you care to share.

We’d be guessing at this point.

The fact that these two apparently tried to entice more than one child, on more than one occasion, makes this seem random in nature.

I’d be interested to know the age range and gender of those other children.

My hope is that this was a plot driven by the woman, and she wanted a child of her own.

My sense is that’s not the case, and it was the male who was the driving force (he was the one who grabbed her).

That’s very scary, as we all know what men who kidnap children intend to do.

The positive thing here is that this case is gaining traction across social media. Coupled with images and a description of the vehicle, I think it’s only a matter of time until these people are identified.

I’d be really surprised if this went on too much longer.

““Nothing brings a city together like the welfare of a child,” Praytor told the News. “And if you look at this child, and the smile on this child’s face…this should bring the whole city together to help us find this child.”

He added, “It’s imperative that we find this child.””

Amber Alert in Alabama for girl, 3, abducted at birthday party

Folks become secure and comfortable in the same environment. Letting down our guard.

We want our kids and grandkids to have some sense of freedom, like we had as kids. Nope can't do it that way any more.

We can't take our eyes off kids any more.

Jmho

The rate of abductions hasn’t increased at all from the 50’s through 80’s to now. It’s always been rare in comparison with how many kids there are.

There’s always been bad stuff. We are just more aware with the internet and the child safety trends that began in earnest in the 90’s.

The positive thing here is that this case is gaining traction across social media. Coupled with images and a description of the vehicle, I think it’s only a matter of time until these people are identified.

I’d be really surprised if this went on too much longer.

I agree with this, and as stated SM is huge and LE is obviously on this and working with the public and media. Word is out.

(On the other hand, I remember the surveillance images of the vehicle used in Jessica Heeringa’s abduction that were released (Silverish Town and Country Van) which went NOWHERE. In fact that van was sitting in the perp’s driveway not that far away and he was driving around in it for what, years?)

There is hope. Hopefully any minute now we’ll all be doing the happydance.

Last edited:
I can’t read anything off of it, but it does look like an Alabama license plate IMO. If it is, I think that would be good because the kidnappers may be less likely to leave the state/area and may be local.

Standard & Disability Access Tags

Here is a picture of the Alabama license plate.

Good call, it certainly does. I’ll bet they’re searching DMV records as we speak.

I imagine they’ll focus on people who own that vehicle and have a criminal record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018