Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a little perplexed why charges were not filed first thing this morning. Local media was expecting it yesterday with reporters parked at the county courts then all of a sudden those reports got swept aside. I assume it was for cupcakes day of mourning which was the right thing to do. Not let these cretins ruin her day. However, we’ve been led to believe by the Chief they had all the pieces to the puzzle and finding cupcake was the final one. Only 2 things I would think have prevented these charges as of now. One, they need to be brought in front of the grand jury. A real possibility but I don’t know how this works. Second, their case is relatively weak and they are trying to secure more evidence. I hope it’s not the later.

I've always been worried that it's a weak case. I'm going to assume they have no DNA in his car because they didn't arrest him sooner. I really wonder what is the evidence they have.

I personally find it a little hard to believe they just happened to randomly be at a apartment where a child's birthday party was going on? What made them go child hunting at those particular apartments? What made them go hunting at that exact time? Did they know the other child and that's why they didn't take them? Interestingly that child had lived there for awhile and Kamille had not. I feel there is much more to this story. My opinion only...

I don't think we know what brought them through the apartments that day, but I'm thinking we will learn more in the future about their footsteps leading up to the video that was released.

Either way, I believe this is a matter of two sick individuals who saw a fresh face and saw an opportunity to do the unthinkable. If their sick mentalities had been longstanding (which I believe to be so), the decision to harm a child could be quick if the opportunity presented itself, no matter where they were in a given day. MOO

Also, regarding comments that PS bail was probably his hidden money.

I highly doubt he had a criminal enterprise that was that big and making that much money. No way would a man who is into that much criminal activity (and making that much money) involve himself with a woman who is about to face charges for kidnapping her own kids. That would bring way too much heat on him from the police. They investigate her, they look at him, they dig, they find stuff out about his illegal drug activity. That is way too risky. Now if she was just someone he slept with from time to time that's one thing but to be living with her, on her social media pages, riding around in the car together, etc. Just nope.

I think he's a petty little hustler and his family just thinks he's being targeted, railroaded, used as a scapegoat, etc so they bailed him out.
Or they might have been afraid of what he might tell...

May I ask why you dont think it was random or an opportunity to kidnap Cupcake by a stranger predator or predators, especially when abducted, and murdered children their offender was a total stranger 44% of the time.

The reason I ask is LE has said they haven't found any link between the prepetrators, and any of Cupcake's family. Imo, by this time LE has had ample time to do so.

Or do you mean they selected Cupcake as a specific target beforehand?

Often stranger predators will chose their targeted victim based on the opportunity to do so.

Or some will surveil the child, and family...stalking their home, and surroundings, but these are stranger pedophiles who go into the victim's home during the night when the victim,and family are all asleep.

Personally, I believe this is another case of stranger pedophiles kidnapping little Cupcake. Jmo.

I think both offenders had gotten together beforehand, and premeditated a plan to kidnap a very young child. The opportunity arose, and they took full advantage of it.

Jmhoo
What I find odd, CONCERNING really, is that DB’s kid (a girl) very closely resembles Cupcake IMO. Clearly she is an evil soul BUT even the most evil, I would think, would give pause to harming someone near the same age as your child that also resembles her... I’m super interested in the psychology aspect of this. Any statistics on that? This case and other cases like it popping up, should disturb the world... I wonder if DB was the 2nd person in that video. They said they had spoken to that individual which made me think it was during interrogation if DB... just a thought. I kept saying it looked like a possible woman. My thinking is a 3 year old might run off with a woman more easily...

Lots of people on WS can’t comprehend just how many children are left unsupervised all the time in so many places. We’re all hyper aware and probably annoy the crap out of our kids with the way we supervise them, but there are so many people who don’t even care. They just don’t want to have the responsibility of watching them so they let them play unsupervised all the time. It’s why statistically stranger abductions are “rare” because by comparison to how many kids *could* be taken, only a rare few actually are.

I don't think it's a matter of not caring. I don't think it's fair to say parents just don't care. It's that some people don't live their lives thinking their children will be abducted by a stranger. It's so rare it's not on most peoples radar.

I grew up in the 90s and I was outside from sun up to sun down alone, with other kids, riding my bike in the neighborhood, going to the community pool. I walked to and from school alone at 7 years old. With my brother who was 6.

In my town there are plenty of kids outside alone. A few houses down they have 3-4 sons probably around ages 3-10 and they are outside a lot with no parents. Just running around, playing football with each other, riding their bikes, just being kids. If you go to the local baseball and football fields there are kids running around by themselves while the parents watch the older siblings play their game.

I don't think it's abnormal or uncaring. Kids should be allowed to be kids. I'm glad I had the childhood I had. There has to come a time when you can't smother your child anymore and let them be a bit free. I have a hard time with this. My kids are 19 and 13 and I'm constantly having them check in with me when I'm not with them, I track their cell phone locations, I really don't let my 13 year old just roam around, I need to know where she is and what she's doing and just walking around the neighborhood isn't good with me but I have to have a balance.

(Although I think 3 is a bit young to be unsupervised)

IMO these 2 have been hunting for a child. Sadly Cupcake was in a vulnerable place. I'm so sorry it was her but have no doubt it would have been another vulnerable child.
That’s what I think as well. I don’t think she was their first choice, on account of her age.

It’s super rare for a child this young to be abducted when the motive is sexual.

She was just there, and readily available.

I've always been worried that it's a weak case. I'm going to assume they have no DNA in his car because they didn't arrest him sooner. I really wonder what is the evidence they have.

I hope it’s not completely relying on the eye witness testimony of an 11 year old! That would be frighteningly weak. It’s MOO that cretin DB will have legitimate connections to the housing complex. It’s MOO she was there that night but can explain her presence by the connection. If that’s the case she can easily throw in a big reasonable doubt why her and her boyfriend were caught on video at the Shell quick mart at the entrance to Tom Brown. Gawd I hope they have more, way more. I just worry about the property manager saying LE was at cretin PS’s apartment all week. They aren’t that big, processing a small apartment scene shouldn’t take a week IMO. I just don’t know but it seems excessive.

I hope they are not offering deals to either of these freaks.

I doubt they take any deal unless the DA has rock solid evidence. DNA or something. And since PS wasn't arrested until they found CC I wonder if they even have a very strong case. Maybe there will be DNA on CC that will link them to her.

ETA: I do hope, for the sake of the family, that they take a deal for life in prison just to save her parents the heartache of a nasty trial.

I hope it’s not completely relying on the eye witness testimony of an 11 year old! That would be frighteningly weak. It’s MOO that cretin DB will have legitimate connections to the housing complex. It’s MOO she was there that night but can explain her presence by the connection. If that’s the case she can easily throw in a big reasonable doubt why her and her boyfriend were caught on video at the Shell quick mart at the entrance to Tom Brown. Gawd I hope they have more, way more. I just worry about the property manager saying LE was at cretin PS’s apartment all week. They aren’t that big, processing a small apartment scene shouldn’t take a week IMO. I just don’t know but it seems excessive.
There’s no telling at this point. I do think there will be DNA evidence that proves a link, and any link at all would prove damning.

Kamille’s DNA has no business being in their apartment, in their vehicle, or on anything else that could be connected to them.

PS’ DNA has no business being on the victim either.

Coupled with cell phone data, I think the case will wind up being solid. I think we’ll have a decent indication of where this case is, once we see the arrest warrant.

I've also wonder if he took her for DB. She lost her kids, she wasn't going to get her kids back and she wanted a kid. Then when things got crazy with the media they disposed of her. Maybe I'm just hoping it wasn't sexually motivated.

I know DB's sites and all that were horrible but to me that doesn't mean she's a child predator. There's plenty of people on those kinds of sites and they aren't pedophiles.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws at this time.

There’s no telling at this point. I do think there will be DNA evidence that proves a link, and any link at all would prove damning.

Kamille’s DNA has no business being in their apartment, in their vehicle, or on anything else that could be connected to them.

PS’ DNA has no business being on the victim either.

Coupled with cell phone data, I think the case will wind up being solid. I think we’ll have a decent indication of where this case is, once we see the arrest warrant.

I hope your right. MOO is they didn’t keep cupcake very long and likely not even taken to their apartment. It’s got to come down to DNA and if any of those forensics you describe exist, game over for the cretins.

I've also wonder if he took her for DB. She lost her kids, she wasn't going to get her kids back and she wanted a kid. Then when things got crazy with the media they disposed of her. Maybe I'm just hoping it wasn't sexually motivated.

I know DB's sites and all that were horrible but to me that doesn't mean she's a child predator. There's plenty of people on those kinds of sites and they aren't pedophiles.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws at this time.

The issue is that child *advertiser censored* charge. Had that not existed, I don’t think the theory that they took her because DB wanted a child is all that far fetched.

To me, this whole thing looks like a sexually motivated abduction though. It appears to follow the standard pattern, although a female being involved is one huge wrinkle.

Her involvement and motive is still unknown at this point, and there’s lots of reasonable explanations for what she was hoping to get out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523