Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.kplctv.com › search-kamille-mckinney-heres-what-we-know
snipped
Kamille McKinney
was last seen around 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Police say she was kidnapped from the front yard of a residence in Tom Brown Village during a ...
=====================
BBM - this is the first reference I have seen to a front yard of a residence????
This is what I have been meaning to ask. What originally looked like the back door/backyard area of the building, now I was thinking those are their own units? Meaning, while some apartments open out to the street/parking lot, are other apartments opening to the "back" area where she was seen playing. This would make a lot more sense as to how the person watching her, could have felt comfortable letting them play there (not that I would leave them there myself).

I believe in the press conference he said Children. I saw it in print here as well. I noted it in my head and thought - interesting.
I hope it’s not completely relying on the eye witness testimony of an 11 year old! That would be frighteningly weak. It’s MOO that cretin DB will have legitimate connections to the housing complex. It’s MOO she was there that night but can explain her presence by the connection. If that’s the case she can easily throw in a big reasonable doubt why her and her boyfriend were caught on video at the Shell quick mart at the entrance to Tom Brown. Gawd I hope they have more, way more. I just worry about the property manager saying LE was at cretin PS’s apartment all week. They aren’t that big, processing a small apartment scene shouldn’t take a week IMO. I just don’t know but it seems excessive.

snipped
Kamille McKinney
was last seen around 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Police say she was kidnapped from the front yard of a residence in Tom Brown Village during a ...
=====================
BBM - this is the first reference I have seen to a front yard of a residence????

I was looking for the exact phrasing on the FBI poster out of curiosity but the FBI link and poster have been taken down it seems. I did bring the contents over though previously; I’m curious what their exact phrasing was, if there was any specific reference to this.

Sometimes reporters take too much liberty with their words imo, and little words can get thrown in in their attempt to paraphrase in an original manner.

I was looking for the exact phrasing on the FBI poster out of curiosity but the FBI link and poster have been taken down it seems. I did bring the contents over though previously; I’m curious what their exact phrasing was, if there was any specific reference to this.

Sometimes reporters take too much liberty with their words imo, and little words can get thrown in in their attempt to paraphrase in an original manner.
I agree - I haven't seen this reference to a yard before and I've posted a lot of MSM to the media thread. Wonder if it is accurate and if a reporter can find out?

I agree - I haven't seen this reference to a yard before and I've posted a lot of MSM to the media thread. Wonder if it is accurate and if a reporter can find out?

Here is the exact phrasing from the FBI link (now gone):

KAMILLE MCKINNEY | Federal Bureau of Investigation

KAMILLE MCKINNEY
Birmingham, Alabama

Remarks:
Kamille was last seen wearing a pink t-shirt with a leopard print Mickey Mouse face, leopard print shorts, and no shoes. She wore yellow, white, and blue hair bows. She has been given the nickname of "Cupcake."

Details:
Kamille McKinney was last seen around 8:30 p.m. on October 12, 2019, in the Tom Brown Village Housing Community of Birmingham, Alabama. She was reportedly kidnapped while attending a birthday party.”

Source:
Found Deceased - AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #5

BBM: According to the article I linked, the tip was provided on Wednesday 16th October - Stallworth and Brown were (initially) detained on 13th October.

Then Stallworth was bonded out on 17th October.

The tip seems to have happened while they both were in jail.
Man detained after Kamille McKinney abduction is freed on bond

Oct 17, 2019

The man detained in the connection with the abduction of a 3-year-old Birmingham girl has been released from jail after being arrested on unrelated charges.

Patrick Devone Stallworth, 39, bonded out of the Jefferson County Jail at 3:22 a.m., according to jail records. His bond was set at $500,000 on seven child *advertiser censored* charges.

[...]

Residents at Woodside Condominiums in Center Point spotted the car and called police. Officers swarmed the complex, arresting Stallworth and Brown.

Stallworth was held for almost 48 hours and then charged with possession of child *advertiser censored* and possession with intent to distribute child *advertiser censored*. The images were discovered on his phone during the ongoing investigation into the abduction of Kamille.

None of the photos on Stallworth’s phone were of Kamille, according to authorities. He has not been charged with any crime in connection with Kamille’s disappearance. A preliminary hearing in the child *advertiser censored* cases is set for Nov. 12.

Brown remains held without bond after authorities filed a motion Tuesday to revoke her bond in a 2018 case in which Brown is accused of abducting her three children from DHR custody. Brown also uses the name Quentesa Jackson, and she and Stallworth are in a dating relationship.

[...]

Birmingham attorney Emory Anthony was appointed Thursday as Stallworth’s attorney. He said he went to speak with him and learned he had been released from jail. Because he has not spoken with his client, Anthony said he could not comment further on the case.

[...]

Stallworth has no significant prior criminal record. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge in Butler County in 2004. He was arrested again in 2013 on a felony marijuana possession charged but it was dismissed.
^^^bbm

FYI - For those mentioning front yards. Those units are two story with both front doors (facing parking or road) and back doors. If the video is located where we all think, it’s definitely the back.

MOO is there is probably much more video that LE hasn’t shared which would bring the overall picture into better light. It’s MOO that the video location was close to where the Bday party was held, not the cousins residence.

if you go back to Chips FB live video from the night of abduction, you can clearly see where the cousin lives. The camera zooms in on an altercation between mother on the inside of the yellow tape and father, on the outside of the yellow tape. After it’s broken up by police you can see the mother and her family head back to the residence. Shortly after you can see police put the mother in a LE vehicle and driven away. The distance and cameras lack of additional zoom prevents you from seeing where the father ended up.

It’s also worth noting that if our understanding of the video location is correct, cupcake was behind the building across from the cousins building. All MOO

I found him to be quite serious about this. Bordering on surprisingly serious. She should have been supervised, but based on his statements I would not be surprised if charges against her guardian for that night aren’t forthcoming. Or even possibly an child protective services (if that’s what it’s called there) investigation into parents /guardians homes. He made it quite clear that this happened because she wasn’t supervised.

I was at the vigil. There is zero chance the police chief, mayor, or anyone else in authority in Birmingham is even remotely considering going after the parents. There is nothing but sympathy for these parents. Lots of people let their kids run around outside and play, especially with an older sibling. Most kids aren't kidnapped and murdered. I'm sure her parents and other family are suffering enough right now, and I'm sure they wish they had never taken their eyes off her, but the ones to go after right now are the perpetrators, not the parents.

This case has my first comments, even though I have been viewing since Abby and Libby and had an account since Jayme Closs. This is because other than her adorable face catching my eye, I myself grew up in the city and lived my whole childhood in the projects (albeit larger and taller ones than TBV). My mother was very overprotective. At the time I hated it, but now it am grateful. Even my own overprotective mother couldn't keep me from seeing and experiencing creepy things. What I am getting at, is there is a false sense of security when you live in the projects. You think that "nobody is going to come in here taking a kid". And yes, that might be be true to an extent. The problem lies in the fact that the creeps don't need to "come in". They are usually already there and familiar. They know the back roads, the cut-throughs, or who's caregiver might be having a beer in another apartment. They are hanging out at their sisters, cousins, friends, etc apartment. Maybe they work there or are on-call maint with keys and parking passes (that white square in the window of the Toyota strikes me as a pass to park in that lot without getting towed). Its a perfect place to scope out who is vulnerable. When I go back to visit family, cannot believe how these young kids are allowed to roam! But I am super jaded and know how many of these creeps are around. Its horrible that this family had to find out in the worst way possible.

I hate to ask this. I don't want to sound crude. Can you get DNA off a decomposed body?
Yes, DNA can be found on a decomposed body. It would be more difficult in a badly decomposed body, when there is no flesh, but it's certainly possible as far as I know.
In this case decomposition was likely in the first or second stage so depending on the circumstances, they may find DNA. We don't yet know the details of the crime so it probably would depend on how she was killed or whether or not SA occurred. The fingernails were likely still intact so if she scratched one of them they may find DNA under the nails.
Chances are she was way too little to fight back, though.

Imo

snipped
Kamille McKinney
=====================
Pretty much any grassy area in front of the buildings could probably be referred to as the front yard.
The kids play everywhere in a complex like this. Imo

BBM: It was in the article referenced in the post I replied to in this link, but for some reason it has been removed from the article now.
I quoted the exact words from the article that was linked in the post that I replied to.

Also in your linked article .... "Court records list six people who contributed to that bond. AL.com reached two of them but they declined to comment and hung up the phone."
Found Deceased - AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #6

I don't recall ever where media has identified the names of individual(s) responsible for posting bail for a suspect! On a rare occasion --maybe the Bail Bond Company. That's pretty crazy if it happened.

My mind keeps going to 'WHY were there so many people present at the 'raid' on the other apartment complex?' Forgive me if this has been discussed ad nauseam already ~ I've been skipping pages, trying to catch up. But this is sticking out like a sore thumb to me. Seems so incredibly bizarre to have so much media attention and even family and onlookers present for a 'raid'.

Hi, which raid specifically are you referencing? When they arrested PS & QJ? Tia.

I mean my 13 year old stays home alone for a few hours from time to time. Should I also be home with her 24/7 because pedophiles are also known to break into homes and take children too?

Some people can't live their life in a bubble on the .0000001% chance something MIGHT happen.

Don't get me wrong. I'm probably the most cautious, overprotective parent out of all of my friends but I truly try to find a balance because I don't want to smother my kid and then have a teenage runaway on my hands. I may do things differently than my friends but I don't think what they do is wrong either. It's just different.

I try not to judge other mom's because we've all got it hard. I don't do the "mommy wars." As long as you don't abuse your kid, or cause harm, you do you and let me do me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel