Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

“11 a.m.
Official website made to support McKinney family

Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin posted to social media a website to support the family of Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney.

In the post he stated,

Many have asked how they can support the family of Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney in the wake of their tragic loss.
Please visit RememberingCupcake.com, an independent site established to support her family and provide resources to assist the community.
And you’re encouraged to share sympathies and messages of hope on social media with the hashtag #RememberingCupcake.
Together, we are one community.”

I hope it’s not completely relying on the eye witness testimony of an 11 year old! That would be frighteningly weak. It’s MOO that cretin DB will have legitimate connections to the housing complex. It’s MOO she was there that night but can explain her presence by the connection. If that’s the case she can easily throw in a big reasonable doubt why her and her boyfriend were caught on video at the Shell quick mart at the entrance to Tom Brown. Gawd I hope they have more, way more. I just worry about the property manager saying LE was at cretin PS’s apartment all week. They aren’t that big, processing a small apartment scene shouldn’t take a week IMO. I just don’t know but it seems excessive.

But weren’t they also checking out all the fire damaged units at the same time, to make sure Cupcake wasn’t hidden there?

I hope it’s not completely relying on the eye witness testimony of an 11 year old! That would be frighteningly weak. It’s MOO that cretin DB will have legitimate connections to the housing complex. It’s MOO she was there that night but can explain her presence by the connection. If that’s the case she can easily throw in a big reasonable doubt why her and her boyfriend were caught on video at the Shell quick mart at the entrance to Tom Brown. Gawd I hope they have more, way more. I just worry about the property manager saying LE was at cretin PS’s apartment all week. They aren’t that big, processing a small apartment scene shouldn’t take a week IMO. I just don’t know but it seems excessive.

LE isn’t going to bring about charges just based on that, moo. The DA has to approve that there is evidence worthy of proceeding with prosecution and securing a conviction. Warrants, etc. need to support “Probable Cause”, etc., a Judge has to sign off on all that. There is no way they’re going to file these charges without evidence, moo. LE wants the right people in custody and wants to make sure they have a tight case, with all their “i”’s dotted and “t”’s crossed.

Last edited:
LE isn’t going to bring about charges just based on that, moo. The DA has to approve that there is evidence worthy of proceeding with prosecution and securing a conviction. Warrants, etc. need to support “Probable Cause”, etc., a Judge has to sign off on all that. There is no way they’re going to make these charges without evidence, moo.
Thoughts? @gitana1

https://www.kplctv.com › search-kamille-mckinney-heres-what-we-know
snipped
Kamille McKinney
was last seen around 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Police say she was kidnapped from the front yard of a residence in Tom Brown Village during a ...
=====================
BBM - this is the first reference I have seen to a front yard of a residence????
Sadly, it doesn’t matter any more what this one source chose to report. We’ve all watched the video by now and, unless LE has more they’re not showing, that’s nobody’s front yard.

Rsbm I just worry about the property manager saying LE was at cretin PS’s apartment all week. They aren’t that big, processing a small apartment scene shouldn’t take a week IMO. I just don’t know but it seems excessive.

Of course processing a small apartment can take a week. It is by no means excessive, imo.

Every single millimeter of that apartment needs to be processed. That means the walls, the drains, the ducts, all the items they have to collect for testing , bla bla, there is TONS to this. This is a very delicate and intricate process. They don’t want to miss a thing in there.

We also have NO IDEA what they’ve found in that apartment.

Even if they have some potential evidence they will continue to look for more. They want to present as much as they can to the jury that there is NO DOUBT these perps are linked to her. The more evidence the better.

ETA: Is there a link for this comment from the manager? I’m not doubting it, just wanting to read it myself and source it, tia.

Last edited:
My mind keeps going to 'WHY were there so many people present at the 'raid' on the other apartment complex?' Forgive me if this has been discussed ad nauseam already ~ I've been skipping pages, trying to catch up. But this is sticking out like a sore thumb to me. Seems so incredibly bizarre to have so much media attention and even family and onlookers present for a 'raid'.

My personal opinion.

1. They had no idea how many perps they might be dealing with and if they would run. They wanted to cover as much area as possible all at once.

2. Shock and awe. They weren't messing around.

Sadly, it doesn’t matter any more what this one source chose to report. We’ve all watched the video by now and, unless LE has more they’re not showing, that’s nobody’s front yard.
Yes, we know that there are no yards in an apartment complex or public housing. They are using the wrong term.
She was taken from the property in front of many residences so maybe that's why they are calling it a front yard.

Imo

It’s MOO that cretin DB will have legitimate connections to the housing complex. It’s MOO she was there that night but can explain her presence by the connection. If that’s the case she can easily throw in a big reasonable doubt why her and her boyfriend were caught on video at the Shell quick mart at the entrance to Tom Brown.

Yes, this is true. Some familiarity with the apartments could provide a measure of cover - a reason to be there - and also provide the knowledge that there is likely loosely supervised children playing outside.

"We just stopped by there to see if so-and-so was home. We were looking for some pot. We didn't take the little girl."

I’m confused and seeing some references here in the thread that these two did not live together. I don’t think this is true from my understanding up to this point? It is my understanding that these two lived together. Did I miss something?

Of course processing a small apartment can take a week. It is by no means excessive, imo.

Every single millimeter of that apartment needs to be processed. That means the walls, the drains, the ducts, all the items they have to collect for testing , bla bla, there is TONS to this.

We also have NO IDEA what they’ve found in that apartment.

Even if they find one piece of DNA, they will still look for other evidence such as more DNA in other places so they can present as much as they can to the jury that there is NO DOUBT these perps are linked to her. The more evidence the better.

ETA: Is there a link for this comment from the manager? I’m not doubting it, just wanting to read it myself and source it, tia.

As well, for all we know, there could be a helluva lot more stuff the police are uncovering during their investigation. Stuff not directly related to KM, but related to other children and/or other serious crimes.

It could be becoming a multi-faceted investigation - involving 'senders' and 'receivers' - if those child *advertiser censored* photos on his phone and the intent to distribute are any indication.

I’m confused and seeing some references here in the thread that these two did not live together. I don’t think this is true from my understanding up to this point? It is my understanding that these two lived together. Did I miss something?

That is the impression that I have, too. That they lived together. But I don't know why I have that impression because all I actually recall reading is that they were in a dating relationship, said by his (previous) lawyer.

As well, for all we know there could be a helluva lot more stuff the police are uncovering during their investigation. Stuff not directly related to KM, but related to other children and/or other serious crimes.

It could be becoming a multi-faceted investigation - involving 'senders' and 'receivers' - if those child *advertiser censored* photos on his phone and the intent to distribute are any indication.
Completely agree! I’ve been on pins & needles for the last 24 hrs just waiting for LE to announce charges, but with everything you’ve just stated, it could be awhile before that happens, correct? I mean it’s quite possible we won’t hear anything until LE is good & ready? MOO

As well, for all we know, there could be a helluva lot more stuff the police are uncovering during their investigation. Stuff not directly related to KM, but related to other children and/or other serious crimes.

Indeed.

ETA:

Yes any kind of CP investigation is serious business and likely includes other federal / major entities, moo.

Link for some information I’ve collected on those who handle that kind of thing and the scope involved:

Child *advertiser censored* Resources and Information

Last edited:
The father did say that the mother has "never been the type of girl to let this happen."
He said that if she was on her own time and Cupcake was at her own house it wouldn't have happened.
So it sounds to me like the kids were with the cousin, who let her kids run all over the place and who was supposed to be watching them.
I'm guessing everyone in that neighborhood will be watching their kids much more closely after this. For awhile anyway.

Imo
I think many can relate to father's comment. I know whenever we got together with our cousins -- we were all over the place, and definitely not a reflection on how things were at home. Not at all.

It's also apparent in the video that KM was not outside wondering alone. There are other children her age or younger wondering along the sidewalk/car park. At one point, there were two children following the suspect. MOO

Completely agree! I’ve been on pins & needles for the last 24 hrs just waiting for LE to announce charges, but with everything you’ve just stated, it could be awhile before that happens, correct? I mean it’s quite possible we won’t hear anything until LE is good & ready? MOO
At first arrest, PS was actually held for 48 hours before he was charged. No doubt LE and Prosecutor are working this as fast as they can. The Duo aren't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel