GUILTY AL - Natalie, 5, & Jonathan DeBlase, 3, beaten, poisoned, Mobile, 1 March 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only way i can believe any human could hurt these children is that they were/are psychopaths! But i still think they should both fry.

If the stepmother had not come forward, no one would know their tragic fate. Chidlren are so vulnerable to those that are supposed to care for them.

Oh. That is such a sad thought, but very true, I think. How long would it have taken for mom and grandparents to contact LE, without SM coming forward. Just sad. Every kid ought to have someone who will go to the ends of the earth to protect them and find them. No matter what.

I can't find the video I saw earlier on CNN Headline News, but the grandfather to these children--their father's father--said that the children had lived with him and his wife for more than 2 years when they were little. I believe now that ALL of the 'parents' in this case have mental issues. Not so severe that they couldn't function in society, but severe enough that their decision making and coping skills MAY be limited.
I was glad to see that grandpa has openly written off his son. Finally standing up for Natalie and Jonathan. Despite his VERY LATE attention to these children's wherabouts, his FB comments are just wraught with grief and horror over losing his grandchildren and knowing his son is the monster who killed them.

http://www.mobileso.com/Public Resources/24-HourBookings.aspx

KEATON, HEATHER LEAVELL
4712 SOUTH 3RD ST ,,LOUISVILLE,KY W/F/22
11/04/1988 201000025409
12/13/2010 01:32:48
M10-11-4893 NAES
WILFUL ABUSE CHILD UNDER18 BOOKED
KEATON, HEATHER LEAVELL
4712 SOUTH 3RD ST ,,LOUISVILLE,KY W/F/22
11/04/1988 201000025409
12/13/2010 01:32:48
M10-11-4893 NAES
WILFUL ABUSE CHILD UNDER18 BOOKED

I can't find the video I saw earlier on CNN Headline News, but the grandfather to these children--their father's father--said that the children had lived with him and his wife for more than 2 years when they were little. I believe now that ALL of the 'parents' in this case have mental issues. Not so severe that they couldn't function in society, but severe enough that their decision making and coping skills MAY be limited.
I was glad to see that grandpa has openly written off his son. Finally standing up for Natalie and Jonathan. Despite his VERY LATE attention to these children's wherabouts, his FB comments are just wraught with grief and horror over losing his grandchildren and knowing his son is the monster who killed them.

This is all so targic, but if the grandfather knew his son had issues and, my assumption, kicked his son out -- how did he think his son was going to treat his children when he was left to raise them alone? A five year old and a three year old have no ability to defend or help themselves. I am sure everyone that knew these children are heartsick, but these children fell off the grid a year ago and noone noticed. Now the lawyers are going to plead "mental issues." I am sure he does, but shouldn't someone close to this man have noticed he was an unfit parent?

Woman accused in torture of 2 slain children booked into Ala. jail after extradition from Ky.
Associated Press

Last update: December 13, 2010 - 6:43 AM

MOBILE, Ala. - A woman accused of torturing her common-law husband's two children, who were later killed and dumped in rural Mississippi and Alabama, was booked into an Alabama jail early Monday.

Heather Leavell-Keaton, who was extradited from Kentucky, is being held without bond, a sergeant at the jail said.

Over the weekend, search teams uncovered human remains in Alabama that police believe belong to one of the children. Search teams found the skeletal remains near a county road in Citronelle, about 30 miles north of Mobile, said Mobile Police Maj. Kara Rose.

more at the link:

http://www.startribune.com/nation/111777414.html

I found this one, Krista but it's not the one you reference in your post...
http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article...-of-missing-kids/1203087/Dec-06-2010_2-38-pm/

video above article....

MOBILE, Alabaama - John DeBlase's father, Richard DeBlase, was not at this morning's bond hearing for his son. John DeBlase is being held on a more than $200,000 bond, after admitting to police that his two children, five year old Natalie, and three year old Chase, are dead. In fact, Richard DeBlase has not spoken to his son, in weeks, and doesn't care to either. Richard and his wife, Ann, say Natalie and Chase lived with them for over two years, and they loved the children dearly. "These were two really adorable kids.. really adorable. You couldn't help but love them."

John is the DeBlase's only son, and they never thought he was capable of harming his children. Richard says, after the news came that the children are dead, he has disowned his son. "I have relinquished him as being my son. I am sorry. I cannot grasp how you can not turn around and protect your kids." Richard and Ann are not supporting John now, in any way. Richard says, "As God is my witness. If John had ended up in my face hearing what happened to the kids, how I would react? I don't know. If you have have a dog that has rabies, you shoot it... you get rid of it.. I don't know when it's your son."
more
http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article...-of-missing-kids/1203087/Dec-06-2010_2-38-pm/

So glad these babies can rest in peace TOGETHER! God Bless!

CITRONELLE, Ala. — Five-year-old Natalie DeBlase’s body was found Sunday in Citronelle, Ala. shortly after a local search team began looking for the girl who was last seen in Mobile in March.

Natalie’s skeletal remains were found nearly a week after her brother, 3-year-old Chase DeBlase, was found in the woods of rural Mississippi. The Mobile Police Department began investigating the disappearance of the two children late last month.

The Southwest Panhandle Search and Rescue sent 33 searchers and 14 K-9 units, along with other first responders and officers with the Mobile Police Department, to locate the remains.

(snip)

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/ye...ml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

I've been checking regularly hoping Natalie would be found, but even though I knew she wouldn't be found alive this still feels like a punch in the gut.

What a horrible, profoundly senseless tragedy.

RIP, Natalie and Chase.

CITRONELLE, Alabama (WALA) - The search for the Deblase children may be over but the mourning has only just begun for the family members. On Monday night, scores of people in Citronelle came out to pay their respects and pray for the family. It was held at the very site where Natalie's remains were found, less than 40 feet from the road. Natalie's grandfather found the strength to attend the vigil.

more here

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/large-turnout-for-deblase-vigil

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/12/deblase_children_remembered_at.html

CITRONELLE, Ala. — They came holding candles on a chilly Monday night to grieve, to pray and to honor siblings Chase and Natalie DeBlase, children almost none of them knew.

About 400 people, including many entire families, converged on the site off Beverly Jeffries Highway near Prine Road, where 4-year-old Natalie’s remains were found Saturday.

A 4-foot wooden cross bore a picture of a smiling Natalie, while a Santa teddy bear sat at the base in the floodlit clearing.

Rest in peace, Natalie.

(I missed confirmation that it was Natalie who was found)

Still unfathomable that anyone could have hurt those sweet little kids.

DeBlase's court-appointed attorney, Jim Sears, has said DeBlase maintains that he is innocent and that Leavell-Keaton killed the children. She has blamed DeBlase for the children's deaths. Police have said they share responsibility for the slayings.
Attorneys for DeBlase have said he will plead not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect. Sears said Friday that comments made by friends that called into question DeBlase's mental health are "certainly not without reason."
Mobile County Assistant District Attorney Jo Beth Murphree said Friday that authorities would soon be upgrading Leavell-Keaton's charges from child abuse to more serious aggravated child abuse counts. She also was to be charged with two counts of corpse abuse.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101211/ap_on_re_us/us_missing_children_alabama

Unfortunately, under the circumstances it looks as though they won't be able to get a first-degree murder conviction against either of these scumbags - which of course is what they deserve. It appears that the maximum sentence for aggravated child abuse in this jurisdiction is only 10 years.

I can only hope that whatever time they DO receive, it will be spent in the general population. :furious:

MOBILE, Alabama -- Heather Leavell-Keaton beat her 4-year-old stepdaughter with a belt and hairbrush, caused burns to her body and forced her to sit in a chair all day, according to documents filed in court in Mobile this week.

Leavell-Keaton, 22, also beat and burned her 3-year-old stepson and later dumped the siblings’ lifeless bodies, the documents allege.
“Someone has just made those allegations, and I’m not aware to this point of any documentation, any police reports, any medical treatment — anything that would indicate those charges are true, anything that would suggest that she did any of those things,” Bender said.

more here

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/12/stepmother_beat_burned_deblase.html

A memorial service will take place Jan. 8 for Natalie DeBlase and her brother, Jonathan “Chase” DeBlase, at noon in the chapel of Mobile Memorial Gardens Funeral Home, officials said Wednesday.
Family members will receive friends at funeral home beginning at 10 a.m. until the service starts, according to the funeral home officials.

more here

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/12/memorial_service_set_for_debla.html

My sympathies go out to the family of these two babies that actually cared about them. I have a 5 year old son and a 2 (almost 3) year old daughter, so this has really hit home for me. Knowing how my children are, I can't even imagine what these babies had to endure at the hands of people that were supposed to protect them from harm. I'm glad that they are in a better place and can Rest In Peace together now. This just makes me want to go home and hug my babies for the rest of the night!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back