GUILTY AL - Natalie, 5, & Jonathan DeBlase, 3, beaten, poisoned, Mobile, 1 March 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Authorities find remains believed to be of missing Ala. girl; dad faces charges in siblings' slaying - AP
27 minutes ago via breakingnews.com

Such a devastating story, but I'm so glad they have both been found.

R.I.P. little ones.
Now for a proper burial together.
Not dumped in the woods!

DeBlase's court-appointed attorney, Jim Sears, has said DeBlase maintains that he is innocent and that Leavell-Keaton killed the children. She has blamed DeBlase for the children's deaths. Police have said they share responsibility for the slayings.
Attorneys for DeBlase have said he will plead not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect. Sears said Friday that comments made by friends that called into question DeBlase's mental health are "certainly not without reason."
Mobile County Assistant District Attorney Jo Beth Murphree said Friday that authorities would soon be upgrading Leavell-Keaton's charges from child abuse to more serious aggravated child abuse counts. She also was to be charged with two counts of corpse abuse.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101211/ap_on_re_us/us_missing_children_alabama

Came here to pay my respects. So sorry for what happened to these beautiful children.

I believe a great deal to do with it is that these folks should not have had children to begin with. I feel if you can't financially, emotionally, educationally, psychologically, afford to bring up a child, if you're under the age of 25, if you don't have a back up person to help you out with taking care of a child, if you don't have skills that allow you to work, hold down a job, support the child fully, then you should not be breeding.

I Chose not to have a child. I was in college when I found out I was pregnant at age 19. It was an 'accident' and I wasn't planning on it. At the time, my fiancee was not ready for a child, either. I was sad, but decided to have an abortion. Yes, sometimes I am very sad about it. But I knew I would not want to be a burden to others, or unable to support myself and a child. Some folks may disagree with this stance, but I felt it was being responsible.

I feel that people who have children that can't take care of them are a big part of why this happens. Dad did look very capable at one time, but the birth mom said he could be controlling at times. I would bet a dollar that drugs are involved in this case. Step mom had a good education-I would have expected more from her. I don't understand this sort of cold, unfeeling psychopathism that killed these children. I just don't understand.

With all due respect, if every parent waited until they were ready in all the ways you mention, the human race would have died out a long time ago. I was a single mom in my 20's with no job, only a high school diploma and very little help from family or friends. Today I have wonderful, well adjusted teenagers and I don't regret a minute.

I am tired of people judging this mom. While she may not have had the resources or money to take care of or track down these children, she still did not deserve to go through this.

Again, I respect and value your opinion. This is mine. Thanks.

Proven ways to raise great children.

Hold them continuously as infants. Answer their cries. Talk talk talk to them.

Do not place them for hours in a swing, car seat,baby seat, in front of the television.

If he was not mentally prepared to care for these children then they should have been taken away from him, someone should have stepped in to protect these babies. I saw pics of the dad and SM and they both looked evil. Very sad these kids had nobody to protect them. RIP babies.

BTW, I had my children at 17 & 19, first was an accident. It was hard for sure and their dad was not good parent material (or good for much else either) but I certainly never abused my children nor allowed anyone else to, got my GED, took some college classes, worked to support my children and provide for them the things their dad and his family thought was not his responsibilty for some reason. If I had it to do over, certainly would have waited, but it happens and everyone has a choice to take care of the kids they have or give them to someone who will. Every child born deserves the right to be protected from evil people such as this.

These poor children deserved so much better, they should just take the monsters who did this outside and shoot them.Then toss them both out in the woods,I am getting so tired of killing babies and children.

I am beyond ill and appalled over the horrific treatment of these two children. My mind can not grasp the reality of parents involved in such brutal treatment of their children. Can barely type, hands are shaking such.

~snip~

According to a police complaint, DeBlase between March 1 and November 19 allowed Keaton to tape Natalie's hands and feet, put a sock in her mouth and place her in a suitcase that was put in a closet for 14 hours.

He also allowed Keaton to tape Jonathan's hands to the side of his legs, tape a broom handle to his back, place a sock in his mouth and then make the child stand in a corner all night when the couple went to bed, according to the complaint.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/11/alabama.children.remains/index.html?hpt=T2

I am so grateful these children have been found . Although not the circumstances anyone wanted, they are found and can be put to rest finally.....

I am glad the father talked and helped out instead of zipping his lips.

May these two Rest In Peace always.....

So very sad that these kids slipped through the cracks. Somebody should have been checking into their well being, and at least now, they can rest in peace.

No matter how hard it was for the family members to keep in touch with these babies, what these children endured is unspeakable -- beyond cruel, and it doesn't look like any of them were the least bit concerned about their where abouts. If the stepmother had not come forward, no one would know their tragic fate. Chidlren are so vulnerable to those that are supposed to care for them.

Do we know who will claim these babies remains?
Bio mom?
grandparents?
for proper burial?
Did anyone even care?

Do we know who will claim these babies remains?
Bio mom?
grandparents?
for proper burial?
Did anyone even care?

this is pretty much all I've read on funeral arrangements - but I don't know which part of the family is handling them.

“I had a sense of relief, but my heart was just breaking,” says family friend Creighton Hobbs. He says they're holding off on a funeral until they get DNA confirmation that the bodies recovered are indeed those of Natalie and Chase. This closes a mystery and leaves a gaping wound.

“It's good to have closure and to know, but it breaks our hearts to know we're never going to see them again,” says Hobbs. The family has set up a fund for funeral expenses at Regions Bank.

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article...lase-child-found/1203249/Dec-11-2010_7-28-pm/

DeBlase's court-appointed attorney, Jim Sears, has said DeBlase maintains that he is innocent and that Leavell-Keaton killed the children. She has blamed DeBlase for the children's deaths. Police have said they share responsibility for the slayings.
Attorneys for DeBlase have said he will plead not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect. Sears said Friday that comments made by friends that called into question DeBlase's mental health are "certainly not without reason."
Mobile County Assistant District Attorney Jo Beth Murphree said Friday that authorities would soon be upgrading Leavell-Keaton's charges from child abuse to more serious aggravated child abuse counts. She also was to be charged with two counts of corpse abuse.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101211/ap_on_re_us/us_missing_children_alabama

Mental disease? What BS. So now he is gonig to work the system, waste alot time and money.

I do think he has some mental issues. So I am not sure it would be a waste to treat him . I believe she has mental issues, and it would be a waste to treat her.

Wonder why I feel this way? (I ask as I lay on the therapy couch)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob_gf
Back