GUILTY AL - Natalie, 5, & Jonathan DeBlase, 3, beaten, poisoned, Mobile, 1 March 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
and it was about a year go things started to go bad with the kids?? If you read into the photos lack of photots etc soo maaybe about the time when step mom go involved with dad.....
I'm not hating on step moms I am one :) just seems weird... how things seemed to be going good with kids and then??????? I don't know... :(

New relationships can bring things like drug abuse onto the scene. And a year is enough time for someone to completely deteriorate. Would like to know more about step mom's background....

Has anyone thought about a scenario where he sold the kids instead of killed them? Horrid I know, but I was wondering.

Did anyone else find it ironic that the name he uses on MS is "Sinner?"

If LE is able to locate the remains of these 2 little angels, it'll be a miracle IMO and they should be commended.

Published: Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 4:59 AM

PASCAGOULA, Miss. -- Corrine Heathcock, the mother of Jonathan Chase DeBlase and Natalie Alexis DeBlase, said Monday that she is holding out hope that her children will be found alive.

"Until the police come to me and say they have their bodies, I won't believe it," said Heathcock, 27. "If they do tell me that, then I want to bury them together. They were always inseparable. I couldn't separate them in death."
Heathcock said her friends, family and current husband are the reason she gets up every morning.

"They are keeping me going," Heathcock said. "This is hard enough, but then you throw in people criticizing me, too. It's almost unbearable."
Heathcock said when she and DeBlase divorced, she made the best possible choice for her children.

"I wasn't living in a place that was suitable for children," Heathcock said. "He was the best thing for them. He loved them. I would have never let him take them if I thought otherwise."

more here

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/12/mother_of_missing_deblase_chil.html

Mobile man tells police he buried one child in Mississippi and one in Alabama

A father whose missing children are believed to be dead told investigators he buried one of his young children in Mississippi in March, then buried the other in Alabama in June, police said Monday.

John DeBlase, 27, of Mobile, Ala., was being held on $206,000 bond. He is charged with child abuse and corpse abuse. The children's stepmother, Heather Leavell-Keaton, is jailed in Louisville, Ky. on child abuse charges. She will soon be extradited back to Alabama. The couple had been together since 2008 but they were not legally married.

Mobile police say Deblase has admitted burying his two children -- 5-year-old Natalie and 3-year-old Chase -- but claims Leavell-Keaton killed them. She is pointing the finger at him.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/12/mobile_man_tells_police_he_bur.html

These two will probably never be charged with anything more serious than abuse, just like Cheyenne Wolf's father and SM. That makes me sick.

Mobile man tells police he buried one child in Mississippi and one in Alabama

A father whose missing children are believed to be dead told investigators he buried one of his young children in Mississippi in March, then buried the other in Alabama in June, police said Monday.

John DeBlase, 27, of Mobile, Ala., was being held on $206,000 bond. He is charged with child abuse and corpse abuse. The children's stepmother, Heather Leavell-Keaton, is jailed in Louisville, Ky. on child abuse charges. She will soon be extradited back to Alabama. The couple had been together since 2008 but they were not legally married.

Mobile police say Deblase has admitted burying his two children -- 5-year-old Natalie and 3-year-old Chase -- but claims Leavell-Keaton killed them. She is pointing the finger at him.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/12/mobile_man_tells_police_he_bur.html

These two will probably never be charged with anything more serious than abuse, just like Cheyenne Wolf's father and SM. That makes me sick.

Thanks for that update! It's odd then that one of the children was seen in July while the family was moving out ... guess it was a mess up?!

I have watched the different interviews with the bio mom several times now. (linked below). I come away thinking there must be some cognitive challenges or something going on. She and the step dad married in March or April of 2009. That they would back off and not pursue the father when he stopped communicating with them either speaks to the confidence they had that he was a good dad, or lack of awareness/cognitive impairment, or laziness, or fear. I don't know what to think.

Mom makes pleas (before father arrested) http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article...dren-makes-plea/1203036/Dec-02-2010_10-56-pm/

Another interview with bio mom and step dad. He is a veteran: http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/stepfather-of-missing-children-speaks

Footage of court today. http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...ather-keaton-killed-missing-children/19748451

On Myspace of bio dad's, Lots of photos of the kids, with grandma and grandpa too. Natalie's 2nd birthday... Oh dear, so very sad. (can find it from Corrine's myspace. "Sinner" is the name).

Yes, I agree. Another poster said mom had some coginitive delays. I don't like to see her bashed-I think she cared for her children, but coping with a manipulative ex who sounds as though he did want he wanted probably was beyond her. I think she loved her children, couldn't care for them as she stated in an interview, and believed they were in the care of their father who
had them for awhile. It states she tried to see them and he wouldn't let her. I'm sure that she didn't know how to get around that.

When my step daughter was a baby, and her mom was divorcing my husband, she picked up and 'ran' with her. This was pre amber alert, etc. They surfaced years later. My husband and his family (none of who is developmentally delayed) tried to find step daughter. No one could.

Sometimes a parent has no control over what happens with a former partner.

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article...eved-to-be-dead/1203118/Dec-07-2010_11-42-am/

Police were not searching for a second day, Tuesday. We're told they're taking time to regroup and gather more resources.

Sheriff Byrd says they will have several search teams out looking Wednesday, "this is just plain evil, hell's going to be a lot for them I feel like it's just horrible that you would do an innocent child this way and I hope they get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and we're going to do everything we can to try to bring closure to the biological mother and you know because I know she's going through a hard, hard, time," said Byrd.

Thanks for that update! It's odd then that one of the children was seen in July while the family was moving out ... guess it was a mess up?!

Last night one of the local reporters appearing on JVM said authorities are speculating that Chase (last seen in March) was killed several months before his sister, Natalie (last seen late June/early July). :(

I don't think they have any concrete proof, but I found that very interesting. I would think they must have some reason other than Chase not being sighted by anyone to think that is a possibility.

One thing that struck me about all the myspace photos of the children: very few smiles, or at least never any big, bright smiles.
As someone who loves, but can't have, children, it breaks my heart that these children went through whatever all they went through.
So unfair. :(

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/12/sea...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

He is scheduled to be arraigned at 9 a.m. Wednesday on charges of two counts of aggravated child abuse and abuse of a corpse.

DeBlase, according to statements he made during his bond hearing, has no plans to hire an attorney.

I don’t doubt that this guy has used drugs,” said Mobile police Deputy Chief James Barber. “But, to my understanding, there is no indication from him that he was using drugs at the time when he dumped the bodies.”

The bodies were left, possibly covered with debris, but never buried, Barber said.

“We’ve got reports from people describing burns and injuries that needed medical attention,” Levy

Burns on the father, or the children??????? Oh god those poor babies!

VANCLEAVE, Mississippi - Low temperatures did not keep people from holding a vigil Tuesday night for Chase and Natalie DeBlase in Vancleave, Mississippi.
The children have been missing for several months.
Mobile Police believe they are dead and are searching for their remains.
Police said, based on what their father John has told them, five year old Natalie was buried near Citronelle, and three year old Chase was buried in Vancleave.

(snip)

Mobile Police have not searched for the past two days.
Crews are expected to be back out Wednesday in the Vancleave area.

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article...ase-and-natalie/1203145/Dec-07-2010_11-18-pm/

If the biomom does indeed have cognitive delays, then that might soften my stance a bit. She seems to be able to give a few quotes to the media, though, and a few broken sentences to the police could have done wonders. I'm just agog that a parent could live in the same town, hear that abuse was occurring, and not bombard the police with wellness check requests, at least. Stay home if you choose, but each child is an individual. Better for them to survive apart than to die together. The 'didn't want them to be separated' argument is illogical. That's an abstract in the here and now. Their abuse and deaths are the reality.

This is a case where I can't see past my own anger to be objective and sleuth. I honestly want to pummel each and every person who saw injuries and burns and saw these children hit with objects and who knows what other horrors and did NOTHING. How wrapped up in yourself do you have to be to ignore that? How backward? Were all these people severely mentally disabled? Hogtied? Broken legs and dialing fingers? I saw a quote from the paternal grandparents that they 'lived for those children.' Really? I'm sure they're broken-hearted now, but apparently no one even insisted that little Natalie get on the phone to speak to them. My three year-old can reasonably get through a phone conversation. People who call my house know that they're going to endure hearing the kids (loudly) in the background. How could no one notice anything? The mind, it boggles.

I hate to bash "victims" but I don't really see any in this case, outside Natalie and Chase. I'm not going to waste sympathy on anyone involved in these childrens' short lives. I'm not callous; I feel some sadness for the paternal grandparents and the mother and any relative who realizes now what they've lost. It's just too little, too late. We're not talking about people who couldn't afford to fly and didn't have the ability to drive four days. These people were in their recliners across town. Or outside seeing burns on Natalie and not thinking that it was important enough to warrant a call to someone objective.

I hope they all take turns with the guilt, because it's deserved. I don't want them to suffer with this forever, but anything they do feel will pale in comparison to the pain and suffering the kids experienced.

<snip>

"She does not know really what happened to the kids. We suspect he poisoned them," Keaton told the AP, adding that her daughter smelled really bad breath on both children.

"They had the same symptoms. They were not eating, they were not drinking. They were beginning to use the bathroom on themselves although they were potty trained," she said. "John would not take those children to get medical care." :(

In the spring, Keaton said, DeBlase forced Leavell-Keaton to go on a long ride. DeBlase finally stopped and got something out of the vehicle, Keaton said, but Leavell-Keaton — who was pregnant at the time with DeBlase's third child — was unsure what it was.

Keaton described DeBlase as a controlling, "habitual liar." She said her daughter was dependent on him because of her limited eyesight.

"She has tried to get away from John before, and he has tracked her down," Keaton said.

much more here

http://www.startribune.com/nation/111516239.html?page=1&c=y

JACKSON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) - The Jackson County Sheriff's Department has confirmed to WLOX that the search for two missing Alabama children will resume Wednesday morning about fifteen miles north of Vancleave.

No word yet whether authorities have received new information that is leading them to this area.

more here (nothing new tho)

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=13636218

I am not buying the crap her parents are selling. They arrested her to quick for her to be under his control. The LE has something pretty good on her or she would not be in jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back