Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pretence that 2 big black men took her away and she sent an unusual text expressing fear suggests premeditation. Motive could be anything, such as love triangle. Do we know anything about who Paighton was dating?
It does. It’s too well thought out for a spur of the moment thing.

We know nothing about her relationships, as far as I know.

To our verified LE on here (tagging @Falcon500 cause I can’t remember others off the top of my head) - does LE require a MOD from the coroner before they can classify a case as a homicide?

Or is it okay to classify a case as a homicide investigation without the MOD because it is by name, investigative in nature?

ETA: I can’t believe I don’t know this for certain, considering how many cases I’ve followed etc.

The medical examiner ( coroner in some states) officially classifies both the manner and cause of death. However the detectives certainly don’t wait for his ruling. Any patrol officer or detectives can tell from first glance what the manner of death is except in the most involved cases.

In some cases the police informs the medical examiner about what the manner of death is.

example; a man gets run over by a train. The cause of death is obviously blunt force trauma but is the manner of death could be accidental or suicide. The medical examiner has no way of knowing and has to depend on the police.

I firmly believe that there was foul play involved.

Now whether that means she came to harm by someone known to her and the two HSBM never existed and the text was simply staging, or whether she was indeed harmed by some unknown predator(s), I can make arguments for both - and have been arguing with myself all day about it.

It’s been a while since I was able to see more than one way a case could have happened, that I could ostensibly argue for and stand behind.

MOO, I tend towards actually believing the original reports, leaving the bar with two men. Any way I shake it down, she wound up with some people who knew the way to that place where she was ultimately found. I have trouble believing it was her coworkers who took her there, or purposely put her in a position to wind up there.

IMO, I'd more likely see a scenario played out almost as it appears, she goes to the bar, fights with a friend/coworker, departs with some nefarious characters who wind up killing her.

Some how I sense using has something to do with it all.

Speculation abounds.

Hi is that

the way it works in all USA ? I am genuinely interested as in the UK it MUST be a relative who id’s the deceased and it cannot be solely DNA or NAFIS or a photograph. I am surprised it’s not the case in the USA but I see your title is verified LE so I accept what you say . I am a senior investigative officer and was, prior to medical retirement, of the rank Detective Chief Inspector and was responsible for the leadership of many murder investigations and teams of Detectives so I speak from experience I’m my arena of law in the UK
It often amazes me just how differently we Police and investigate . Hope to hear back from you. Respectfully...

Good to hear from you Inspector. In all my years I’ve never had a relative come to the medical examiners office to make an identification. What do you do in the case of a terribly decomposed victim or a drowning where identification is impossible?

Body found buried behind home is missing Alabama woman Paighton Houston

Jan 3, 2020

A body found buried in a shallow grave behind a home in Alabama on Friday has been identified as Paighton Houston, who'd been missing nearly two weeks, according to the Trussville Police Department.

The investigation into the disappearance of Houston, who was last seen on Dec. 21, led authorities to a home in Hueytown, where a body was found, Valerie Hicks Hale, the chief assistant district attorney for the city of Bessemer, told ABC News.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Houston family as they begin the grieving process," the Trussville Police Department said in a statement Friday night.

I think it's possible she left w/ people but the description was fabricated, probably to be the total opposite of the real people. That's why we never saw video from anywhere, or pics. LE knew who she left with.
Some are even saying they can't verify that she was even there. Is this true? They said her credit card was found on the floor of the bar.. speculating that itn was planted there by someone. Anyone else see this?

Police Find Body of Paighton Houston Who Went Missing After Leaving Bar and Texting 'I Feel in Trouble'

Jan 3, 2020

Police made the troubling discovery early Friday morning after “securing” the area, which was behind an abandoned home on Chapel Drive, WVTM-TV and CBS 42 reported. The body has been identified as belonging to Paighton Laine Houston.

“On 1/2/2020 detectives with the Trussville Police Department along with investigators with the Metro Area Crime Center developed information on a possible location for the remains of Paighton Houston,” Trussville Police Department shared in a statement obtained by WVTM-TV.

“That information was shared with the Birmingham Police Department and investigators arrived on the scene and discovered what appeared to be a shallow grave. Law enforcement secured the area and a search was conducted this morning (1/3/2020) in which human remains were located behind a residence on Chapel Dr. Those remains have been identified as Paighton Houston. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Houston family as they begin the grieving process,” the statement concluded.

[..]

When uncovering Houston’s remains, police discovered her body wrapped in an unidentified fabric, Jefferson County Bessemer Cutoff District Attorney Lynneice Washington told Alabama.com.

Last edited:
I haven’t read every post but I think I have a pretty good handle on the case and it appears fairly simple.

Shes at the bar and gets intoxicated to the point where she leaves with two men who she knows (or doesn’t know) The men believe that this is an easy (fill in the blanks) and soon find out it’s not. They rape her and fearing identification they kill her and knowing that no ones home at the house they bury her in the backyard.

I haven’t read every post but I think I have a pretty good handle on the case and it appears fairly simple.

Shes at the bar and gets intoxicated to the point where she leaves with two men who she knows (or doesn’t know) The men believe that this is an easy (fill in the blanks) and soon find out it’s not. They rape her and fearing identification they kill her and knowing that no ones home at the house they bury her in the backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum