Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Can't name any one obviously
It appears the property taped off is <modsnip: removed specific address that is not in MSM>
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Here is the house in question from today's postings, in the image is the same house from google maps. The house almost certainly is a location for illicit activity. The deterioration of the home in a short period of time is bizarre, although it was in poor condition to begin with.

Body found in search for missing Alabama woman Paighton Houston (this title if you GLANCE at it can be misleading....at least when I looked that was the case)

What I keep wondering is just how many people know about this location and that it is "unoccupied" because the family moved the elderly man out due to his health, and how long ago did they move him out. Someone close to that family would know that unless that's a small town that someone is VERY familiar with and the location, possibly someone saw something?? Unless it was pre-planned and the small hole was already there that was used to bury the "female remains" in.

I know there has not been a COD, but she didn’t put herself in a shallow grave.

MOO

The issue I have with PH never even making it to the Tin Roof is that she went with more than one coworker (MSM link below to confirm this) to the bar.

What that means is that if she never made it to the bar at all, then multiple people (her coworkers) would have to all be in on whatever actually happened...and I find that unlikely.

Body found in Alabama search identified as Paighton Houston

Last edited:
I

I have to respectfully disagree here unless the rule of identification law is different in the USA to the UK where I am, but I highly doubt it. I have investigated many murders and there MUST always be identification of the body by a member of the family or someone blood related ( unless nobody can be found). LE can still use DNA and we
still to this day, fingerprint dead bodies during autopsy BUT there still has to be formal identification by a family member.
Just FYI and moo

Nope. May "supposed to", but due to what happened and condition, a family friend in our case

The issue I have with PH never even making it to the Tin Roof is that she went with more than one coworker (MSM link below to confirm this) to the bar.

What that means is that if she never made it to the bar at all, then multiple people (her coworkers) would have to all be in on whatever actually happened...and I find that unlikely.
Yup. That seems pretty far-fetched. Every plausible scenario that I can come up with has some major issues with it.

We have a lack of information, but there is also a possibility of misinformation. Nothing makes sense.

See, I’m old (903 years old). I remember the days when reporters fact checked items, personally interviewed sources. The emphasis was on publishing an accurate account of events. Today, the focus is on being first. Publish the article and fact check after. Or better yet, let the reader fact check for you. Being first with the information is only as useful as the accuracy of said information. Stepping off my soapbox now...

Don't forget, using and re-using other journalists' words/information; and newspapers being run by "syndicates" who only buy the content of syndicated authors/AP and don't hire any individual minds to write original content; and using Twitter quotes as news sources within the news articles... if everyone quotes the same slightly skewed source text over and over, no wonder we never learn anything about these situations.

Body found in Alabama search identified as Paighton Houston

She worked for a trucking company. Was she out with the company, the drivers, both? Did the people at work know that she had a prior drug abuse history with heroin - that's from posts at this website way back at the beginning - no link.

Can police confirm that she arrived at the Tin Roof pub?

I'm really at a loss.

It recently started appearing to me that there was only one co-worker present that allegedly witnessed-- from across the room -- PH willingly leaving the bar with 2 men who were unknown to the co-worker.

I started wondering not only if PH made it to the bar, but also if other co-workers were present -- or at least present at 10:45 pm.

Seems that police would have said other co-workers present at the alleged group outing corroborated that PH left the bar before 11 pm (or something to that effect). :confused::confused::(

MOO

Police Find Body of Paighton Houston Who Went Missing After Leaving Bar and Texting 'I Feel in Trouble'

Instead of using the term "tip" this article said "developed information". This wording tends to support my earlier observation that this site was most likely determined by figuring out where the suspects had access. jmo
There’s several possibilities:

As you say, figuring out locations where any suspects had access.

Digital information from cell phones.

Someone is cooperating, which wouldn’t necessarily be described as being a “tip.”

Yup. That seems pretty far-fetched. Every plausible scenario that I can come up with has some major issues with it.

We have a lack of information, but there is also a possibility of misinformation. Nothing makes sense.

From my earlier post, LE considers the case "complicated," which is quite possibly why it doesn't make sense to either of us.

Snipped from article:
Over a dozen marked and unmarked police vehicles were on scene as well as K9 units.

Hueytown's police chief told ABC 33/40, "There was no body found. It's complicated." Law enforcement has not released any more information about the investigation despite numerous requests.

This is an interesting response. If they took the dogs, they must have been looking for a body. I wonder why it's "complicated".

I'm really at a loss.

It recently started appearing to me that there was only one co-worker present that allegedly witnessed-- from across the room -- PH willingly leaving the bar with 2 men who were unknown to the co-worker.

I started wondering not only if PH made it to the bar, but also if other co-workers were present -- or at least present at 10:45 pm.

Seems that police would have said other co-workers present at the alleged group outing corroborated that PH left the bar before 11 pm (or something to that effect). :confused::confused::(

MOO

Maybe it's the other way around--the coworkers left before she did. Maybe she wanted to see the end of the set, or something.

If she made it to the bar & her coworker/coworkers are responsible for her death, They would have had to do something to her after leaving & buried her & concocted a cover story. A long shot in my mind.
I agree. That said, we have covered some crazy cases on WS this past year. So, at this point, I'm not ruling out anything. Stranger things have happened.

Trussvile PD: 'Our prayers are with the Houston Family’

Paighton was last seen at approximately 10:45 p.m. at the Tin Roof located in the 2700 block of 7th Avenue South on December 20, 2019.

Sgt. Johnny Williams with Birmingham Police told WBRC FOX6 in a phone call Tuesday, “Investigators have reviewed the surveillance video from Tin Roof and have not found anyone matching the description of the two men Paighton is believed to have left the bar with. He said officers did not find anything in the video that would be helpful to their investigation.”

INFORMATION FROM THE HOUSTON FAMILY:

• Paighton went to the Tin Roof, Fri. Dec. 20 with friends from work
  • Sat. Dec. 21 around breakfast time, one of the friends called Paighton’s parents and told them she left the bar with the two men “willingly” around 10:45 p.m. and that around midnight she texted and said, “IDK who I am with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”
  • As soon as the family heard this, Paighton’s dad and brother went to police.
  • Paighton did NOT drive to the bar and left her car at a work friend’s place.
  • Paighton is one of four children.
  • She is 29 years old.
  • Her dad said she’s like a bubble, floating around and leaving smiles on the faces of every person she passes.
Dec. 27: Crime Stoppers and Gov. Ivey each pledge $5,000 reward in case - bringing total to $10,000.

My questions are why would a lone female leave with 2 big guys she does not know then suddenly it occurs to her around 12 pm, IDK these guys, is scared, has a chance to call the police or someone who would not sit on their hands, until well into the next morning, and texts such an odd message for a person who feels threatened. One of the most worrisome and scariest of positions to place oneself in. I hope she did not suffer or was tortured. IMO, Paighton was in need of 'better,' friends, drinking buddies/coworkers, who would ask more questions before she departed the bar with 2 large, unknown to herself or them. opposite sexed strangers, as an unarmed vulnerable woman under the influence of alcohol. I would trip my friend and take them home before i allowed them to take off with 2 men from a bar.

Dec. 30: Prayer vigil for Paighton at her parent’s church in Trussville.

Paighton was last seen at approximately 10:45 p.m. at the Tin Roof located in the 2700 block of 7th Avenue South on December 20, 2019.

Sgt. Johnny Williams with Birmingham Police told WBRC FOX6 in a phone call Tuesday, “Investigators have reviewed the surveillance video from Tin Roof and have not found anyone matching the description of the two men Paighton is believed to have left the bar with. He said officers did not find anything in the video that would be helpful to their investigation.”

INFORMATION FROM THE HOUSTON FAMILY:

• Paighton went to the Tin Roof, Fri. Dec. 20 with friends from work
  • Sat. Dec. 21 around breakfast time, one of the friends called Paighton’s parents and told them she left the bar with the two men “willingly” around 10:45 p.m. and that around midnight she texted and said, “IDK who I am with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”
  • As soon as the family heard this, Paighton’s dad and brother went to police.
  • Paighton did NOT drive to the bar and left her car at a work friend’s place.
  • Paighton is one of four children.
  • She is 29 years old.
  • Her dad said she’s like a bubble, floating around and leaving smiles on the faces of every person she passes.
Dec. 27: Crime Stoppers and Gov. Ivey each pledge $5,000 reward in case - bringing total to $10,000.

My questions are why would a lone female leave with 2 big guys she does not know then suddenly it occurs to her around 12 pm, IDK these guys, is scared, has a chance to call the police or someone who would not sit on their hands, until well into the next morning. IMO, Paighton was in need of 'better,' friends, drinking buddies/coworkers, who would ask more questions before she departed the bar with 2 large, unknown to herself or them. opposite sexed strangers, as an unarmed vulnerable woman under the influence of alcohol. I would trip my friend and take them home before i allowed them to take off with 2 men from a bar.

Dec. 30: Prayer vigil for Paighton at her parent’s church in Trussville.

If one of my friends texted me like that, I don't think I would be able to sleep and would still try contacting her.

I would imagine it is different in every area. In my area if your a 1st time felony offender you are offered free treatment at a CBCF. Our CBCF was better than any private facility and had lower recidivism rates. It's frustrating when a parent calls begging to get their adult child in for help and you have to say no because they haven't committed a felony. MOO
My point exactly!

If one of my friends texted me like that, I don't think I would be able to sleep and would still try contacting her.
Yes! Plus, what is the first question and vital info, almost a universal knee jerk response to that type of sos call? I would like to believe it would be, "Paighton, where are you? If you cannot call text me where you are or a description of your surroundings."

Media Contacts:
  • bdionne@wbrc.com - WBRC FOX6 News
  • mhightower@wbrc.com- WBRC FOX6 News
  • alancollins@wbrc.com - WBRC FOX6 News
  • michael.seale@patch.com - Patch User Profile for Michael Seale
  • cscarborough@hearst.com - WVTM 13
  • skillian@wvtm.com - WVTM 13
  • News@TrussvilleTribune.com
  • newstip@abc3340.com - ABC 3340

Does anyone have any additional thoughts for media contacts? A couple of pages upstream poster LMR contacted a member of the media and requested a clarification.
That gave me the idea to email some of our questions to members of the media, who hopefully will consider contacting BPD to ask said questions and publish the answers they might receive. Obviously BPD has been pretty tight lipped, it's an open investigation. But it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Bestill-
  1. I would like to know where her phone pinged all Friday.
  2. How many coworkers were at the bar Friday night?
  3. What time did they actually get to the bar?
  4. Is it unusual for Paighton to leave her car somewhere and catch a ride with someone else? Personally I like to have my freedom to leave whenever I want.
  5. Is this coworker she texted someone that she would depend on if she needed help? I think Paighton is close to her family and friends, so she could easily texted them too.
  6. Would love for LE to show a map of Paighton's known activities on Friday and Friday night.
Peppery-
  1. -was she at work on 12/20 and who saw her there
  2. -who was she in contact with that day and night via text/cell
  3. -when was the last time her mother actually spoke to her on the phone
  4. -who can confirm she actually went to TR
  5. -was she seen on video at TR or any nearby business cameras
  6. -if she was there, did she eat or drink alcohol
  7. -did she text anyone else mentioning feeling in trouble
  8. -when and where did her phone ping that night
  9. -when did her phone go silent
  10. -is her car at the coworkers home as would be expected
  11. -has the car been processed
  12. -have any of her possessions been found? Coat, phone, purse, wallet, credit cards, etc
  13. -why hasn’t LE organized any searches for her
Proctorelites-
  1. Did anyone see Paighton at the bar or leaving the bar?
  2. Has Paighton ever used Uber or Lyft? Does she have an account with either?
  3. Has anyone ever offered to pay for Paighton's Uber or Lyft ride? (yes i know thats against their TOS or so I hear, but it happens)?

Anyone else have a question not covered above?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member