AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No you are not. My first thought was that he doesn’t look heavy set rather he looks fit, like he works out.

He has a quarter back's thin and in shape body, not bad for 50, he cleaned up well from the last Pic. Unless, a person finds Tom Brady or Tiger Woods fat, heavy set, and stocky, I can see no excuses unless the witnesses are severely crosseyed, or wonky eyed, which could be the case and reason for discrepancies.

Imo, I do hope justice is not deferred, influenced, by money and power, if this guy made a dumb decision to help others, by burying evidence, and ends up the fall guy for others. Of course, he should face the current charges, and more, if without a doubt, only he and he alone buried PH, his worst scenario, imo, is if someone who knows of him, buried PH where they did and called in an anomonyous tip, framing an easy and believable target.

I don't know. I think it depends on what you mean by "heavy set." If you mean overweight, then no, he definitely does not appear particularly heavy set. But if you mean of a stocky build, I think one could describe him as heavy set. He's not slim. In any event, regardless of whether the original description was entirely accurate, it seems pretty clear that they believe they have the right guy. The odds of them finding this guy before the body, then later finding her body in his family members' yard seem pretty remote.
I agree they have the right guy. I also believe the claim PH left the bar that night with 2 HSBMs wasn't entirely honest, from the very beginning. JMO.

Remember, the person that likely gave that description was GC, and she is tiny, barely five feet. What might not seem heavy to you or I, might to her.

It is odd, imo, that short height factors in weight, and not height. At 5ft, someone in shape and 5'11 would be perceived as 6'5, if short stature leads to extremely altered perceptions. The description lacking tall is questionable, if ones misperception is due to height and not eyesight, imo.

To me, that is equivalent to a 5'8 female 120lbs, describing GC as a midget or dwarf when describing them to LE.

Is Robitussin a similar formula? Because I know a lot of people who would ‘robo trip’, and drink an entire bottle. Not necessarily combined with uppers, though. And they did it quite often, because you could simply buy it at the store.

Cold, cough, and flu/ also benadryl alone may not kill a person, other than damage the liver or kidneys, if done often, or one has a pre existing condition or organ anamoly. Taking even the prescribed amount, of any above with a stimulant, esp., amphetamines, in any family, is not safe, they are not synergists in the least, and are foes, antagonists....do not combine well together at all.

Size is one of those subjective things. To a small, petite person, FH might look like a person with a heavy build, especially, if he were wearing a bulky winter coat.

So, it would be defendable for a tall, svelte, lith, 5'10 115 lb, model thin woman to describe a suspect at 5'4 115 as squat and obese.

Anything's defensible that's why there are defense attorneys

Unless they are unlucky enough to have, imo, above all, in being highly skilled, as a prosecutor, during their 'hey days,' before sensationalism crossed the lines, and that is Nancy Grace, who was one helluva prosecutor, with quick wits and mind, to place all doubts about anything large or small, even, 'heavy set,' lol, no kidding. I can imagine her retorts, and laugh at the thoughts of.

Size is one of those subjective things. To a small, petite person, FH might look like a person with a heavy build, especially, if he were wearing a bulky winter coat.

To me heavy set is a nice way of saying fat. I do think he's pretty large, heavy set... maybe, I'm 5 5 and and roughly 105 pounds, people relatively much bigger than me ARE heavy set in my opinion in relation to MY height/weight. I do agree it's about the perception of the witness. I'd say my 6 foot 215lb husband was bordering on heavy set, all bloody legs with a belly :)

<modsnip> He probably made himself a trip to the barber since he knew he was going to be on TV very very soon. I can't believe we've had an entire page about it he's "heavy set" or not, though I suppose the subtext is whether or not he was one of the people Paighton left the bar with. I would guess that he's rather muscular and was flexing that night which led G**** to describe him to police as something like "a big black guy" that police interpreted as "heavy set" in their release.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> He probably made himself a trip to the barber since he knew he was going to be on TV very very soon. I can't believe we've had an entire page about it he's "heavy set" or not, though I suppose the subtext is whether or not he was one of the people Paighton left the bar with. I would guess that he's rather muscular and was flexing that night which led G**** to describe him to police as something like "a big black guy" that police interpreted as "heavy set" in their release.

She might have hung with skinny black guys & to her he was heavyset. jmio

Last edited by a moderator:
I've listened to all the comments on how addicts can hide their use from their family & friends. Good points. I'm not looking for a debate. I'll admit my naivete. Her best friend said PH didn't want to go out that night. The letter from PH that she read at the funeral. Looking at the Facebooks of her friends & looking at many pictures. The stability of her friends. I would be surprised if she had been regularly using. Her best friend who she talked to & was with much of the time said she was clean. Why say this if she knew it would come out. I have no expertise in this area but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first time since coming out of rehab or at least a recent thing.

No you are not. My first thought was that he doesn’t look heavy set rather he looks fit, like he works out.
From the sound of it, PH likely used drugs willingly, and unfortunately OD'ed, and this guy did the wrong thing by not getting her help. So, she may have left with 2 other men that were also present, but this man is who put her body in the shallow grave, and is only one of the people present that night. So we may find out there were heavier set men present as this plays out.

Hey everyone,

Websleuths is fact based, and we don't want misinformation to derail a thread. Just a reminder that if you are going to state something as fact, you must provide an MSM link, a link to LE, or a link to a publicly available scholarly article to support what you are stating.

So, she may have left with 2 other men that were also present, but this man is who put her body in the shallow grave, and is only one of the people present that night. So we may find out there were heavier set men present as this plays out.

[SBM]

I tend to think this is the case, since tat the presser on 1/16,LE specifically did NOT say that PH "left with" FH.

From the sound of it, PH likely used drugs willingly, and unfortunately OD'ed, and this guy did the wrong thing by not getting her help. So, she may have left with 2 other men that were also present, but this man is who put her body in the shallow grave, and is only one of the people present that night. So we may find out there were heavier set men present as this plays out.

Since he was seen with her @ the TRB I think the odds are she left with him rather than leaving with some other HSBM & rejoining him outside the bar. But who knows,

Man accused of abusing corpse of Paighton Houston captured by U.S. Marshals in Ohio

What is Fredrick Hampton’s connection to Paighton Houston?

District Attorney Washington explains that based on the information given to the office, Hampton and Houston were at the Tin Roof together.

Washington said, “We have different stories as to what took place at the point of her becoming missing, but in terms of other connections prior to that we don’t have the information.”

How did they come to the conclusion that Houston left the Tin Roof willingly?

Washington states that information came from witnesses.

“Whenever a crime occurs, or there is a missing person, you do just like you do in any other case, you start talking to witnesses. For those people that were there at Tin Roof, more specifically in this case the people that [Paighton] went therewith, you just speak with those people that are present and that can give you insight as to what was going on.”

In that Lakeview area, there was no video to support the theory that Houston left willingly with the suspects.

“Right now we have witnesses that saw her leave with someone and we know that she went with someone,” Washington says.

Imo, the District Attorney mentioned that in most cases, LE is given more witness testimony of a person being present at a specific establishment, an iron clad alibi, which it is reasonable to believe bartenders, waitstaff, bouncers, and patrons could vouch for other witness accounts, but in this specific case, it is only verified as witnessed by the friends;
“Whenever a crime occurs, or there is a missing person, you do just like you do in any other case, you start talking to witnesses. For those people that were there at Tin Roof, more specifically in this case the people that [Paighton] went therewith, you just speak with those people that are present and that can give you insight as to what was going on.”

If Paighton had been truly committed to her sobriety and in the right frame of mind to remain sober, she wouldn't have been in a bar in the first place. I hate to be blunt about it, but partying is partying, and just like having a couple of drinks is going to lead to me having a cigarette, her having a couple of drinks is going to lead to her seeking drugs. Addicts are addicts and we make terrible decisions when our guard is down.

I do not think there is any way to tell one way or another if she paid for the drugs - I've both partied for free and paid. She was a pretty girl looking for a good time, it's not out of the question that the men in her company would give her anything for free. I don't really know that it's relevant regardless.

Really sad that she relapsed. I hope her family is able to find peace.
+1
The most common sense, straightforward assessment here.

To me heavy set is a nice way of saying fat. I do think he's pretty large, heavy set... maybe, I'm 5 5 and and roughly 105 pounds, people relatively much bigger than me ARE heavy set in my opinion in relation to MY height/weight. I do agree it's about the perception of the witness. I'd say my 6 foot 215lb husband was bordering on heavy set, all bloody legs with a belly :)

It isn't actually, for a dollop of reasons. It isn't about you and body perceptions or body dysmorphias onto self or projected onto others. You clearly, have insight that you would be giving 'unreliable,' testimony, if an accurate and logical based description is of dire need, to possibly save lives.

Imo, it is silly.

As silly, as a 5ft individual, describing a forest of Birch trees, as if it were a forest of Redwood trees, when describing the place they witnessed a possible child abduction while traveling. Extremely altered perceptions of reality, because of stature, personal bias and unwilling to use logic instead of personal opionions, or body dysmorphia's all make unreliable witness testimony.

A 6'7 individual I would hope has the common sense to not describe a person they witnessed stabbing a victim as a short little petite guy who is actually 6'2 in height, weighing 320lbs, because he is a giant, and well to be expected as is in the case of short stature.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay
Back