Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't either before this. Who knew there were different kinds of "fake" ammunition used in movies-not me.
Seriously? From your posts until now, I had come to believe that you were much more informed than that. ...which is all good. (Sorry if that came across as negative.) It's just that I'd come to think you were somewhat if an expert on weapons & protocols & such on a movie set. My apologies if doesn't come out right. I was trying to show respect for how knowledgeable you've sounded and say that it's nice to have someone that seems to be an verified insider on this case that can share their expert insider insights with us. I do appreciate all you've shared here so far- even if I don't always agree with your posts!

Do we 100% know that he pointed the gun at her though,as opposed to her or anyone else moving into the path of where he was aiming?. I'm not saying he didn't or that she did, just that we don't know.

I was thinking about AB rehearsing grabbing the gun cross draw. That gun would have swung across at least a quarter of the room. I'm thinking he may not have been aiming at the camera at all.

Moo.

I was thinking about AB rehearsing grabbing the gun cross draw. That gun would have swung across at least a quarter of the room. I'm thinking he may not have been aiming at the camera at all.

Moo.
I agree.

A very dangerous situation for anyone present on set with a gun that was not properly checked and was loaded with live ammunition. JMO.

BBM
As the Sheriff referred to, the film/TV/live theatre industry produces probably hundreds of entertainment products that use real guns, every year. There hasn't been an accident since the early 1990s. So, in actual fact, the standards are there, and they must be pretty good, since a 30 year accident-free track record is pretty high in any field.

JMO.

ETA: corrected to early 1990s
Do you mean there hasn't been a gun fatality since the early 90's?
There have been many accidents, even on this set a few days before the fatality. Generally, accidents make us more cautious and aware, hopefully.
After The Crow fatality, more safety protocols were put in place but apparently those are only considered suggestions on some sets.

Alec Baldwin Film Set Had Previous Accidental Gun Discharges, Crew Members Say

BBM
Larry Zanoff, who worked on the set of “Django Unchained” as an armorer — a position that involves instructing cast members on the safe handling of firearms — and who was not involved in “Rust,” said that if a firearm went off on a film set, there would immediately be an inquiry into whether the firearm was defective or was mishandled. If the determination was that it was mishandled, he said, the production would undergo a reinforcement of safety protocols and possibly disallow the handler from using firearms.
It was unclear whether such an investigation took place after the Oct. 16 incidents.

Moo.
The danger doesn't happen until after he *advertiser censored* it, I would think that comes as he aims, just before pulling the trigger.
Unless he accidentally cocked it while making the draw with his finger already on the trigger.
If he did that, he needs alot more practice with an empty gun.
But in interviews before this film began, he claimed to be known for his gun slinging skills.

Alec Baldwin on Upcoming Western, ‘Rust,’ Croisette Memories and a Near Miss with Marion Cotillard – The Hollywood Reporter

In the search warrant, it is stated that Hannah told the investigator that, after lunch, the gun was taken out of the prop truck by another person, Sarah Zachary, and handed to Hannah.

Hannah had checked the "dummies" that day, presumably before lunch, and the guns were put back into the safe on the prop truck.
Ammo was left unsecured on the cart, and ammo was also in the prop truck.

So, am I understanding that all the firearms in the prop truck were "cold" and that the ammo was inserted from the cart, or someone inserted the ammo in the gun which Zachary handed to Hannah? Or was there a hot gun in the safe (from target practice maybe) that was never emptied?

Read the search warrant: New details revealed in ‘Rust’ shooting investigation

Based on this, I am wondering if Hanna will try and throw some shade at Sarah Zachary as prop master who also had access to the safe and handled the gun.
I have not seen Sarah Zachary mentioned in this so far.

Based on this, I am wondering if Hanna will try and throw some shade at Sarah Zachary as prop master who also had access to the safe and handled the gun.
I have not seen Sarah Zachary mentioned in this so far.
Yes it's strange isn't it, especially since she's the boss and normally the Prop Master is who hires the armorer and prop assistant.

The danger doesn't happen until after he *advertiser censored* it, I would think that comes as he aims, just before pulling the trigger.
Unless he accidentally cocked it while making the draw with his finger already on the trigger.
If he did that, he needs alot more practice with an empty gun.
But in interviews before this film began, he claimed to be known for his gun slinging skills.

Alec Baldwin on Upcoming Western, ‘Rust,’ Croisette Memories and a Near Miss with Marion Cotillard – The Hollywood Reporter

AB says he is at the ready as an “actor” with his horse riding and gun slinging skills.

He is acting which isn’t really a direct depiction of actual use and experience, imo.

I picture him practicing away in front of a mirror.

Are there any links showing certification or AB’s expertise in actual gun slinging?

It seems to me AB isn’t really a gun slinger he just plays one on TV and movies.

I’m not saying his waving the gun around is correct behavior but it seems the others weren’t too concerned either if they were in the vicinity of an actor waving a gun around.

The complacency on set at an out of town location may be fostered by team building like the horse ride.

All imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member