Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the definition of experienced and professional is not subject to verifiable standards or is subjective when it comes to armorer and directors.

IMO

Well, sure, which is why people ask for references. There are, however, rather simple "verifiable standards" such as "how many times have they done it before and did anyone complain about them?"

There's not much subjective about the actual handling or use of a gun, but because on a set, the armorer also educates the directors and actors about arms, they need to know their guns and ammo (and be able to communicate well and teach hands-on skills). Some of this you could find out at a simple job interview. Personally, I don't think knowledge is a subjective thing at all.

ADMIN NOTE:

AB has not been accused of being responsible for this tragedy, so stop trashing the guy for anything and everything he's ever done or said in life.

Also, his social media is off limits. Stick to MSM and LE.

Well, sure, which is why people ask for references. There are, however, rather simple "verifiable standards" such as "how many times have they done it before and did anyone complain about them?"

There's not much subjective about the actual handling or use of a gun, but because on a set, the armorer also educates the directors and actors about arms, they need to know their guns and ammo (and be able to communicate well and teach hands-on skills). Some of this you could find out at a simple job interview. Personally, I don't think knowledge is a subjective thing at all.

Yep, thats what resumes and interviewing are for-education, job history, experience and referrals. They may have skipped some of those steps or knew about her previous set experience and decided to take a chance.

Alec Baldwin film set shooting: Halyna Hutchins death will lead to charge of 'gross negligence at the absolute minimum', lawyer says

This is Gloria Allred speaking, who is acting for the script supervisor who called 911. I wonder about what "gross negligence" means with regard to New Mexico law? I believe the DA said there is a higher bar in NM for an involuntary manslaughter charge. It would have to be recklessness rather than negligence for charges to be brought.

ETA: Is gross negligence tantamount to recklessness?

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Alec Baldwin film set shooting: Halyna Hutchins death will lead to charge of 'gross negligence at the absolute minimum', lawyer says

This is Gloria Allred speaking, who is acting for the script supervisor who called 911. I wonder about what "gross negligence" means with regard to New Mexico law? I believe the DA said there is a higher bar in NM for an involuntary manslaughter charge. It would have to be recklessness rather than negligence for charges to be brought.

I think of it this way.

Example of negligence: not having had my automobile brakes checked in a long time, then they eventually fail while driving, causing an accident.

Example of recklessness: having my brakes checked, repair guy said they are worn down and unsafe. I say I can’t afford it, and I drive anyhow, brakes fail, causing an accident.

But I don’t know what the lawyer is referring to with a charge of “gross negligence.” Maybe negligent use of a deadly weapon?

Hannah Gutierrez Reed wasn't the only weapons expert working on 'Rust.' Who was the 'armorer mentor'?

The film's producers also had brought in a second gun expert: Seth Kenney, who owns a licensed Lake Havasu City, Ariz., weapons and props rental company. Kenney was added to the "Rust" crew in late September as an "armorer mentor" for Gutierrez Reed, according to an internal "Rust" crew list shared with the Los Angeles Times.

Kenney, 51, suggested Gutierrez Reed for the armorer job, according to a person close to the production who was not authorized to comment.

He also supplied the guns used in "Rust," according to six people familiar with the matter who asked not to be identified because of the sensitive nature of the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office investigation into last month's deadly shooting in New Mexico.

Two of the knowledgeable people who spoke with The Times said Kenney provided the Colt .45 that Baldwin fired that day.

Hannah Gutierrez Reed wasn't the only weapons expert working on 'Rust.' Who was the 'armorer mentor'?

The film's producers also had brought in a second gun expert: Seth Kenney, who owns a licensed Lake Havasu City, Ariz., weapons and props rental company. Kenney was added to the "Rust" crew in late September as an "armorer mentor" for Gutierrez Reed, according to an internal "Rust" crew list shared with the Los Angeles Times.

Kenney, 51, suggested Gutierrez Reed for the armorer job, according to a person close to the production who was not authorized to comment.

He also supplied the guns used in "Rust," according to six people familiar with the matter who asked not to be identified because of the sensitive nature of the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office investigation into last month's deadly shooting in New Mexico.

Two of the knowledgeable people who spoke with The Times said Kenney provided the Colt .45 that Baldwin fired that day.
Also from your link:

It's unclear what, if any, ammunition Kenney may have provided to the production.

(...)

Several "Rust" crew members who spoke with The Times said they didn't recall seeing Kenney on the Bonanza Creek Ranch set.

(...)

It seems like he had some kind of remote consultant role? As well as providing the prop weapons but we don't know about the ammo yet.

Why does the Script Supervisor have an attorney? Why has Gloria Allred inserted herself into this drama? I doubt that the Script Supervisor had her on Speed Dial.

To gain knowledge experience is part of the process and knowledge being theoretical or the practical understanding of a topic varying viewpoints are applied.

Education is quantified to stated standards.

For example:

The Rust armorer was knowledgeable according to msm reports as she has spent time with her well known armorer father and is personally experienced with using guns.

The Rust armorer was knowledgeable about guns not educated, imo.

Knowledgeable is fine for a common person but is that enough for a professional position with weapons?

Is the production interviewer asking the right questions and are the interviewee and former workplace honest or even aware of problems.

A crew member said in an interview that he figured HGR was a hire because of connections so I will submit that a simple interview and asking around is not adequate in such an important position.

All imo

Why does the Script Supervisor have an attorney? Why has Gloria Allred inserted herself into this drama? I doubt that the Script Supervisor had her on Speed Dial.
I imagine she may sue for emotional distress as she witnessed the shooting and was almost hit by the bullet herself. No idea how GA came to represent her though.

From an older article:

"My law firm, Allred, Maroko & Goldberg, and I represent Mamie Mitchell. Mamie was the Script Supervisor for the "Rust" production," wrote Allred. "She was standing very close to Halyna Hutchins and the director, Joel Souza, when both Halyna and Joel were shot."

(...)

"We are conducting our own investigation of what happened because there are many unanswered questions," she said. "Mamie has been interviewed by the Sheriff’s Department. She has information and evidence which she believes will be helpful in this investigation."

(...)

The attorney concluded by explaining that Mitchell has been "traumatized" and will not be giving interviews to anyone outside of law enforcement...

Alec Baldwin's 'Rust' shooting being independently investigated by Gloria Allred: 'Many unanswered questions'

The article shows why Ms Mitchell has done a wise thing hiring Ms Allred.

Ms Mitchell has had a traumatic work place experience and that is her on the widely broadcast 911 call.

Good for her for picking up a high profile attorney to represent her interests.

Having a strong attorney will make sure she is compensated and protected.

all imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members