Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time believing AB didn’t pull the trigger. To any gun experts here, can a trigger be “broken “ or something, as in if it can engage by just being touched ?
Not only did he pull the trigger, he also had to *advertiser censored* it first.

I think the manufacturer will get involved with this case for sure, hopefully they can shed some light on the condition of the gun including how much trigger pull needed to fire it.

The SA guns I've fired have a slightly lighter pull than a double action or semi auto. I don't know if that is universal though.

I think the manufacturer will get involved with this case for sure, hopefully they can shed some light on the condition of the gun including how much trigger pull needed to fire it.

Agree. And given what we've learned about weapons handling by this crew, I wouldn't be surprised if the condition turned out to be extremely poor.

The AB interview is on now ABC.

AB is saying he doesn’t want to sound like a victim, as Halyna and the others are the victims.

He loved the Rust script.
He was about casting and hiring crew, not involved with budgets.
He’s crying now as he describes Halyna and how talented and admired she was by all who worked with her. His tears seem sincere… but I also realize he’s a good actor.
Nothing about HGR raised flags. She gave tips about firing the gun. Such as when done, put gun down or give to Halls.

Lane Luper raised concerns, including about gunfights, and quit.

Stephanopoulos: Were there cutting of costs that jeopardized safety?
AB: No

It was a “monitoring rehearsal”. It was at the photographers direction about how to draw the gun out. Shooting off, but in her direction. Aimed below her armpit. Incidental shot. He cocked the gun. He let go of the hammer and it went off. Didn’t pull trigger.

Was told it was an “empty gun.” He thought Halyna fainted or had a heart attack. Forced immediately out of building. He stood over her for about 60 seconds first.

Last edited:

Well, it wouldn't have mattered much if everyone had actually done their job correctly.

The "trigger" pull is a complete misnomer to me. It doesn't matter. The real issue is the sloppy, and complete lack of safety protocol for using guns on a movie set. From Alec Baldwin, to Dave Halls, and the armorer. Every single one of them dropped the ball.

Three of the most inept people. I can't believe it. Where I work, people double check their work, and a supervisor checks the work, and random quality checks occur. So, it would take THREE people who are supposed to check the gun for safety to drop the ball. And, it happened previously on this set!

I just can't believe it. It is so impossible.

The AB interview is on now ABC.

AB is saying he doesn’t want to sound like a victim, as Halyna and the others are the victims.

He loved the Rust script.
He was about casting and hiring crew, not involved with budgets.
He’s crying now as he describes Halyna and how talented and admired she was by all who worked with her. His tears seem sincere… but I also realize he’s a good actor.
Nothing about HGR raised flags. She gave tips about firing the gun. Such as when done, put gun down or give to Halls.

Lane Luper raised concerns, including about gunfights, and quit.

Stephanopoulos: Were there cutting of costs that jeopardized safety?
AB: No

It was a “monitoring rehearsal”. It was at the photographers direction about how to draw the gun out. Shooting off, but in her direction. Aimed below her armpit. Incidental shot. He cocked the gun. He let go of the hammer and it went off. Didn’t pull trigger.

Was told it was an “empty gun.” He thought Halyna fainted or had a heart attack. Forced immediately out of building. He stood over her for about 60 seconds first.

Why would he even "*advertiser censored* the gun".....if it was for a rehearsal, and he wasn't going to shoot?

A couple other items of note.

AB is disturbed that there were two suits brought forward before the suit from Halyna’s husband, which AB feels is going to be brought forth in due time. He said there is a finality to the overall sum of money that will be awarded, and the other suits are trying to get ahead of that.

He also said he doesn’t feel guilty, and had he believed her death was his responsibility, he would have likely killed himself. And he didn’t take that thought lightly.

Alec Baldwin on 'Rust' shooting: 'Someone is responsible ... but I know it's not me'

Alec-Baldwin-breaks-down-in-first-interview-since-Rust-shooting.jpeg
"I didn't pull the trigger"
AARlWiN.img
"I *advertiser censored* the gun"

Gun in hand, Baldwin said he and Hutchins began blocking out the scene. She was directing his every move, he said: “Everything is at her direction.”

“This was a marking rehearsal,” Baldwin said. “And [Hutchins] says to me, ‘Hold the gun lower. Go to your right. Okay, right there. All right, do that. Now show it a little bit lower.’ And she's getting me to position the gun.”

“She's guiding me through how she wants me to hold the gun for this angle,” he said. “I'm holding the gun where she told me to hold it, which ended up being aimed right below her armpit.”

To get the shot, Baldwin said he needed to *advertiser censored* the gun, but not fire it: “The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger.”

“I *advertiser censored* the gun. I go, ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’” Baldwin said. “And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun, the gun goes off.”

“So, you never pulled the trigger?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“No, no, no, no, no,” Baldwin said. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them.”

Torraco, Halls’ attorney, corroborated Baldwin’s account on Thursday, saying Halls told her “from day one” that he was watching from three or four feet away and “the entire time Baldwin had his finger outside the trigger guard parallel to the barrel … that Alec did not pull that trigger."

Last edited:
I believe him.
I do too. I think he’s traumatized and his saying someone else is responsible and he doesn’t feel guilt is a protective measure. Because I think he’s probably a very emotional person—he has terrible anger management issues, but I don’t think he’s some sociopath or anything. I think this floored him, and I bet he actually feels tremendous guilt.

And his account of what exactly happened at that moment is easy to verify with the witnesses in the room, So I believe that. And I believe he has no idea how the live round got onto the set or the into the gun. I’m glad he did the interview just for my own curiosity. It makes sense that they were blocking the scene and he pulled the hammer back and let go but did not pull the trigger. That totally explains the how it fired and where it fired.

I think he’s still somewhat in denial, and I believe that he’s devastated. Whether or not he’s responsible as a producer and whether or not he should have checked the gun as an actor are other arguments. But I believe his account and his feelings.

I believe him too. He is suffering emotionally.

I do not think he will be charged, and he doesn’t appear to want any of the others charged. Of course, it’s not up to him, and he’s well aware and supportive of a full investigation as to how a live round got into the gun.

IMO, ultimately, there will be justice for Halyna - in the form of a financial settlement with her family. It doesn’t bring back a wife, mother, daughter, but neither does jail time served.

Justice is rare in many cases we follow. Children go “missing”, women are disappeared by men through acts of domestic violence. Sometimes the perps go to prison, but often there isn’t enough solid evidence to even make an arrest. If they are arrested, they get to hang out for years on bail (B. Morphew). Or they take their own way out (F. Dulos, B. Laundrie, T. Sharkey). These are willful homicides, where justice is slowly, or never served.

This shooting was a tragic accident.

Lots of negligence by multiple parties, and preventable if those parties had paid attention, but still an accident.

Alec Baldwin on 'Rust' shooting: 'Someone is responsible ... but I know it's not me'

Alec-Baldwin-breaks-down-in-first-interview-since-Rust-shooting.jpeg
"I didn't pull the trigger"
AARlWiN.img
"I *advertiser censored* the gun"

Gun in hand, Baldwin said he and Hutchins began blocking out the scene. She was directing his every move, he said: “Everything is at her direction.”

“This was a marking rehearsal,” Baldwin said. “And [Hutchins] says to me, ‘Hold the gun lower. Go to your right. Okay, right there. All right, do that. Now show it a little bit lower.’ And she's getting me to position the gun.”

“She's guiding me through how she wants me to hold the gun for this angle,” he said. “I'm holding the gun where she told me to hold it, which ended up being aimed right below her armpit.”

To get the shot, Baldwin said he needed to *advertiser censored* the gun, but not fire it: “The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger.”

“I *advertiser censored* the gun. I go, ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’” Baldwin said. “And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun, the gun goes off.”

“So, you never pulled the trigger?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“No, no, no, no, no,” Baldwin said. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them.”

Torraco, Halls’ attorney, corroborated Baldwin’s account on Thursday, saying Halls told her “from day one” that he was watching from three or four feet away and “the entire time Baldwin had his finger outside the trigger guard parallel to the barrel … that Alec did not pull that trigger."

Seems to me that it would have been so easy for DH, through silence, to throw AB under the bus to deflect / take the heat off his own butt ... but that's NOT what he did. DH corroborated AB's statement. This lends strong credence to AB's account.

IIRC, this scene they were blocking was a really tight, super-closeup of AB's gun / hand, hence DH's statement he was watching from 3-4 feet away.

So, clearly, he (and everyone else, including HH) would have been laser-zoned in on AB's hand and gun. Seems logical to me that if AB had his finger inside the trigger, one or more people in that small room would have instantly spoken up and the blocking would have stopped. Mere feet away from AB, Halyna was certainly WATCHING his every minute movement through her camera lens in ultra-detail yet, to my knowledge, she herself never raised any concern about the placement of his fingers on the gun.

I believe AB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member