Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DELPHI, Ind. ― Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen's defense is missing the proof needed to present evidence of Odinism, ritual human sacrifices and third-party suspects in front of the jury, according to Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland 's memorandum filed Monday night.
[…]

By contrast, as the August 1st hearing demonstrated," McLeland wrote in Monday night's filings, "the defense has only offered up speculation supported by conjecture and buttressed by 'what-ifs.' Without evidence, material or otherwise, that these were ritualistic murders, the defense speculates that various social media posts ... could be connected to the crime scene."

Ballistic analysis on unspent bullets cycled through a gun is not junk science. It was used recently in the Murdaugh trial. Because it relies, like many forensic issues, on the opinion of the analyst, it’s always going to be contested, but it doesn’t make it illegitimate.
Group that together with the confessions and everything else, taking it all in in, in its entirety, and the prosecution has a pretty good case.

I didn't realize it had been used in the Murdaugh trial. I watched the whole trial, but usually ballistics stuff bores me to tears so I'm sure I zoned out. Was there an unspent round in that case? Where was it found, etc.? I'd like to rewatch the testimony if you have any clue what day it would have been on? I'm not asking you to find it for me, but if you happen to know, that would be great.

DELPHI, Ind. ― Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen's defense is missing the proof needed to present evidence of Odinism, ritual human sacrifices and third-party suspects in front of the jury, according to Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland 's memorandum filed Monday night.
[…]

By contrast, as the August 1st hearing demonstrated," McLeland wrote in Monday night's filings, "the defense has only offered up speculation supported by conjecture and buttressed by 'what-ifs.' Without evidence, material or otherwise, that these were ritualistic murders, the defense speculates that various social media posts ... could be connected to the crime scene."

Well, thankfully Nick isn't making the decision. Judge Gull is.

What in the world is taking her so long??

IMO MOO

I didn't realize it had been used in the Murdaugh trial. I watched the whole trial, but usually ballistics stuff bores me to tears so I'm sure I zoned out. Was there an unspent round in that case? Where was it found, etc.? I'd like to rewatch the testimony if you have any clue what day it would have been on? I'm not asking you to find it for me, but if you happen to know, that would be great.

I think it was during the testimony of SLED Firearms Identification Examiner Paul Greer, this article says it was on day 10 of the trial that he was questioned on ammunition found near one victim that he testified was loaded into and ejected from specific guns: Prosecution, defense argue over ammunition found near Maggie Murdaugh’s body

Hope this helps you locate it.

Full disclosure: I have not watched this testimony yet. Didn't keep up with the Murdaugh trial after a few days.

I didn't think either girls struggled?

From the search warrant for Ron Logan, bullet #7:
LG and AW had no visible signs of a struggle or fight".
Link to Search Warrant
According to girl's families, they fought like He!l IIRC & JMO

\
PLUS THIS--- BOTH GIRLS WERE HEROES !!!!!!!!!!!
“Both the girls were heroes -- they stuck together,” Patty said. “I don’t know exactly what happened out there that day, but I imagine there was probably an opportunity for one or both to separate or try to make a break, but those girls loved each other. They were good friends -- neither one of them left each other’s side.”

Just breaks my heart !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I read similar, but according to RL’s search warrant, as posted by @Vaderman, it appears the quote is not based on fact. Perhaps just someone’s assumption? JMO
More than likely, just FBI (NR) assumption

I am not a fan of her so I take anything written by her with a grain of salt.
JMO

Last edited:
She gave both sides the chance to make written statement of their closing arguments. We just saw Nick's submission. Did the D send theirs in yet?
Probably Not.

They are too busy writing up another FM LOL

They did NOT submit reimbursement properly
They did NOT subpoena this latest Doctor correctly.

Are we sure this isn't their first murder case ??

JMO

I zoned out a bit on the Murdaugh trial also.

One ballistics expert that kept my attention was Matt White in the Rhoden family murders, when George Wagner was on trial. He talked to the average person, but you could tell he was top notch and he was so sharp. He didn't use all the terms that would be over most people's heads. He also didn't dumb it down, but he spoke in a way that just made it easy to follow. He seemed like a teacher the way he explained things. This is so very helpful for juries. Often experts seem to talk like they are speaking to other experts who would know what they are talking about already instead of explaining it to someone that has never heard of this before. Anyway sorta off track, but wanted to mention this in case you'd be interested in listening.

I think it was during the testimony of SLED Firearms Identification Examiner Paul Greer, this article says it was on day 10 of the trial that he was questioned on ammunition found near one victim that he testified was loaded into and ejected from specific guns: Prosecution, defense argue over ammunition found near Maggie Murdaugh’s body

Hope this helps you locate it.

Full disclosure: I have not watched this testimony yet. Didn't keep up with the Murdaugh trial after a few days.
I thought the firearms expert in this case was very informative. I learned a lot during his testimony.

JMO

Let's go back to our young teenage years and just imagine for a moment:

You are walking on a 60-70ft corroded, dangerous high bridge (Abby for the first time) and some creeper man brandishing a weapon while on said bridge approaches you and orders you DTH at gunpoint.

Do you really think these girls had time to even begin to process what avenue would have been a better route of escape or if Libby was supposedly banned from a property she wouldn't have run to it for safety regardless of the consequences?

This is real life, real time happenings. These young girls were probably in shocked compliance mode. I will not blame them for being brutally murdered that day for ANY of their choices. What happened to them is beyond our understanding from our comfy analytical armchair.

Abby & Libby were innocent victims period and to think they had time and the mental wherewithal to figure out an escape plan or save themselves from a monster but didn't for whatever reason is hurtful and shockingly in poor taste. Haven't they suffered enough? They've been dead for over seven years, I think Abby & Libby have paid the ultimate price.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back