All Sauvie Island Searches

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watching the news last night they still say they have not decided about searching this weekend. They could be planning it but not announcing too...?

Also noted on KOIN last night, they talked about a Sauvie Island resident seeing a white pickup on the island June 4th. I know that's been reported in the rumor mill but it was the first time I'd seen it on MSM TV. Could just be they're picking up the rumors as fact...who knows?

Maybe they need to wait for the results of tests on things they found this weekend, and if they get the results by the weekend, they'll go out?

If sent from a phone I am pretty sure the post with the picture would say "sent from my mobile device" or something similar.

I know I used to get those from people, but when I send from my smartphone it's like regular email.

Also, remember how the report from KH was he came home and she was on her laptop. So...she could have used her laptop while out and about. As for her using a proxy to piggyback and all that, it's true that can be done, but then there would be traces on her laptop -- unless she had a laptop no one knew about and threw away afterwards.

If Terri is a devious as people think she could have piggybacked ANY Wifi signal, connected through a proxy server with a completely untraceable IP and used a small software program to change her Mac address....just saying :innocent:
The problem is I'm sure that laptop is still in her possession, if they had any Idea she had used it from that location they would have taken it a long time ago.
If the laptop is not in her possession and she gave it up willingly when this all began, computer forensics would have determined from where she accessed the internet long ago. I would be disappointed if they were just getting round to checking things out now.
I don't think it has anything to do with the laptop and that location.
How do we know she had only one laptop? I have three. The oldest needs a new screen, but otherwise all three are functional. I'm not sure if my husband is really aware of that or not. He just knows I have too many electronics. If I were going to engage in illegal activity, I'd use one of my older laptops and ditch it afterward. For that matter, she could've switched out the hard drive.

How do we know she had only one laptop? I have three. The oldest needs a new screen, but otherwise all three are functional. I'm not sure if my husband is really aware of that or not. He just knows I have too much electronics. If I were going to engage in illegal activity, I'd use one of my older laptops and ditch it afterward. For that matter, she could've switched out the hard drive.

I don't know ... wouldn't LE be able to tell from what device she's posted here and there across the internet, and question why they can't find that particular laptop on a search? Or why her computer has a new hard drive?

I don't know ... wouldn't LE be able to tell from what device she's posted here and there across the internet, and question why they can't find that particular laptop on a search? Or why her computer has a new hard drive?
The hard drive wouldn't have to be new. Depending on how calculating Terri is, and how tech savvy, she could've switched hard drives back and forth. And as Scamperoo pointed out, it's not difficult to change a MAC address, either. I'm not saying this is what she did, just that it's possible.

ETA reply to the bolded part. Do you mean question why there is no record of her computer being used at a place and time when she is known to have used it? Sure they can question, but they can't accuse or charge her on a non-something. That would only be an issue for Terri if her alibi depended on her computer records.

freefallzz, I was looking at SI map, did the search the road just before mile post 5, that goes out to the water? I can't tell if it's a private road by looking at the satellite, but there's no road name on the map. Looks like it's right at a place called dairy creek canal on the left. Just wondering.

freefallzz, I was looking at SI map, did the search the road just before mile post 5, that goes out to the water? I can't tell if it's a private road by looking at the satellite, but there's no road name on the map. Looks like it's right at a place called dairy creek canal on the left. Just wondering.

It looked private when driving by (someone else asked me about that road) so I didn't want to drive down it when searchers were active...
It is gravel, but I'm looking at the one SI map and it's not marked like Rentenaar Rd is...

I'll try to find out...

If she did not post from home, they will know it. Any of the other scenarios listed would definitely not track to her home. She said in her letter she was posting from home. If she wasn't, then that's a BIG lie; one that would make me climb right down off the fence for good.

The issue of exactly how many laptops, connective devices: various forms of phones, numbers of phones, capabilities of phones...in the homes and cars and how many isps. this is a huge chunk of tech stuff we are missing. also pretty hard for an baby to express what she's seen in pictures and texts, on screens, and those interruptions implied, and of course, the older child who knew what went on with the machines is missing. :( methinks the tech booty was major, and the tech addictions were major plus more like booze etc.
Terri's probably never spent the quality time with her daughter like she will once she gets into the supervised visit thing. Pretty funny, kinda.

It's an absolute gorgeous day out on Sauvie today! Didn't see anyone searching but we were over at the Pumpkin Patch which is the opposite direction of Reeder Road. Anyone else hear/see anything today? Freefallzzz you out today???? Did you go to Roloffs? I couldn't convince the family. They wanted Sauvie.

They were showing pumpkin farms with hayrides on the news last night and all I could think of was Kyron should be out picking out his pumpkin. Made me sad. :(

I'm wondering if small groups might still be out searching but not covered in the media?

http://bringkyronhome.org/findkyron/default.html

10/12/2010 Kaine "I wanted to thank all of the Search and Rescue crews out on the search again the past two weekends and the days in between. We can’t thank you all enough, you are amazing. Our thoughts are with you all as work on Sauvie Island continues until closure; we hope for clues and/or information that can help solve the mystery of Sauvie Island on June 4th and aid in bringing Kyron home as quickly as possible!!"

I'm wondering if small groups might still be out searching but not covered in the media?

http://bringkyronhome.org/findkyron/default.html

10/12/2010 Kaine "I wanted to thank all of the Search and Rescue crews out on the search again the past two weekends and the days in between. We can’t thank you all enough, you are amazing. Our thoughts are with you all as work on Sauvie Island continues until closure; we hope for clues and/or information that can help solve the mystery of Sauvie Island on June 4th and aid in bringing Kyron home as quickly as possible!!"

That seems pretty definite. Not the mystery of Skyline school...the mystery of Sauvie Island.

I think they know a great, great deal more than the public realizes.

To me, I felt that Kaine called it the mystery of Sauive Island to avoid saying they were looking for Kyron...instead indicating that they were looking for clues to lead to Kyron...

Something just occurred to me that I find curious. This comment from MCSO I find interesting.

For the second straight weekend, searchers combed Sauvie Island but turned up no clues in the disappearance of 8-year-old Kyron Horman.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said searchers found only junk piles and deer bones while looking through tangled brush for signs of the missing boy.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104739469.html

I may be wrong, but seems this is the first time that MCSO has really shared a finding with the public regarding this ongoing case. Here they tell us they found nothing. That's more than we've heard from any other search. We never heard they "found nothing" at the school, we never heard they "found nothing" in any other search, or that they found something in any other search.

We never heard from them about cell pings, that was from a source, we never heard about bat phones, that was from a source. What has MCSO actually told us of this case? Maybe it's time for a list. Let's start out with: They found nothing when they searched Sauvie Island.

Just curious that they stated something now, and I wonder why?

Something just occurred to me that I find curious. This comment from MCSO I find interesting.

For the second straight weekend, searchers combed Sauvie Island but turned up no clues in the disappearance of 8-year-old Kyron Horman.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said searchers found only junk piles and deer bones while looking through tangled brush for signs of the missing boy.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104739469.html

I may be wrong, but seems this is the first time that MCSO has really shared a finding with the public regarding this ongoing case. Here they tell us they found nothing. That's more than we've heard from any other search. We never heard they "found nothing" at the school, we never heard they "found nothing" in any other search, or that they found something in any other search.

We never heard from them about cell pings, that was from a source, we never heard about bat phones, that was from a source. What has MCSO actually told us of this case? Maybe it's time for a list. Let's start out with: They found nothing when they searched Sauvie Island.

Just curious that they stated something now, and I wonder why?

It is my belief that they mentioned the deer bones only because the headline about "bones" had already come out and they may have been trying to stem rumors that bones had been found before they started...this case has been chock full of rumors at the slightest thing, better to address it I guess...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back