All Things Dick Cheney

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I posted this in PP too. On Hardball it is being said that the Secret Service refused to allow local investigators to talk to Cheney on Saturday - that they were allowed to speak with the VP on Sunday.

I can't imagine why to VP would not want to talk to local investigators right away.

I heard the rioting Muslims are considering getting even with the U.S. by doing a cartoon strip featuring V.P. Cheney and President Bush hunting together. I also heard that some of the active U.S. left are considering rioting if the Muslims don't do this cartoon strip.

Buzzm1 said:
I heard the rioting Muslims are considering getting even with the U.S. by doing a cartoon strip featuring V.P. Cheney and President Bush hunting together. I also heard that some of the active U.S. left are considering rioting if the Muslims don't do this cartoon strip.

LOL! Take a bow Buzz that is a good one! :clap: :clap: :clap:

They say that Harry Whittington is a shoo-in to receive an appointment to a very important, high-paid, Federal post, possibly in Iraq, working for Halliburton, where the press corp doesn't have as much access to him.

mic730 said:
LOL! Take a bow Buzz that is a good one! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh darn it! I thought Buzz was saying something there for real! BaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haa Haa.

Something real to consider though as to why the SS wouldn't allow LE to speak to the VP the evening it happened would be if our VP Cheney had been sipping on a few! :eek: Possibility ~ relaxing down at the ranch, gonna shoot a few birds for dinner, expert shooter since age 12 so nothing hard about it ~ and looks like he really got the big old bird pretty good! When I heard Matthews say '100 shot gun pellets in the face' I couldn't imagine how they could keep that silent. It was a pretty big thing even though accidental.

Scandi

Reader said:
Let's just let Dubya explain it to us:

"We look forward to analyzing and working with legislation that will make—it would hope—put a free press's mind at ease that you're not being denied information you shouldn't see."
—Washington, D.C., April 14, 2005

Maybe this is why the news was a little late in coming out?
----------------------------------------
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Thanks to Alicia Butler.)

Well, you know Mr. Whittington is one of "our people" now!
------------------------------------------
"Just remember it's the birds that's supposed to suffer, not the hunter."—Advising quail hunter and New Mexico Sen. Pete Domenici, Roswell, N.M., Jan. 22, 2004

I guess Cheney missed this hunting lecture, along with calus_3.
-----------------------------------------
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."—Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Let's keep repeating it now until we got it right: accident, accident, accident, accident..........

4.gif

Buzzm1 said:
They say that Harry Whittington is a shoo-in to receive an appointment to a very important, high-paid, Federal post, possibly in Iraq, working for Halliburton, where the press corp doesn't have as much access to him.
maybe the concern was how much access they might have to him working for Hallliburton!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

j2mirish said:
maybe the concern was how much access they might have to him working for Hallliburton!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Why does Halliburton show up so much? Duh, let me guess!

scandi said:
Oh darn it! I thought Buzz was saying something there for real! BaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haa Haa.

Something real to consider though as to why the SS wouldn't allow LE to speak to the VP the evening it happened would be if our VP Cheney had been sipping on a few! :eek: Possibility ~ relaxing down at the ranch, gonna shoot a few birds for dinner, expert shooter since age 12 so nothing hard about it ~ and looks like he really got the big old bird pretty good! When I heard Matthews say '100 shot gun pellets in the face' I couldn't imagine how they could keep that silent. It was a pretty big thing even though accidental.

Scandi

Scandi - I agree it is a pretty big thing even if accidental. I don't know why Cheney would not talk to investigators right away. No hiding behind the SS on that - if he wanted to talk to local LE on Saturday he could have and IMO should have.

I don't know if the VP was drinking or not and now we will never know.
Is it illegal to hunt and drink? I really don't know.

I heard Mr. Whittington would be the next head of the Secret Service. He has already met two vital qualifications:

1. He has proven he will take a bullet for the VP.

2. He knows not to talk about it.

scandi said:
I think is is a bunch of big bunk that the public was held off in learning about this for 22 hours!

I just heard Chris Matthews who is going to go with the flow for now that the reason for this was they were first concerned about the well being of Mr Whittingham! Gees, like how long could that take?

But he did go on to say if anyone gets shot with 100 or so pellets in the face , even though they are small pellets, there is going to be a lot of blood and they probably just wanted to see how serious it was really going to be before letting it out of the bag!

Now I'm ticked off that Matthews is going to placate the White House Press!

Scandi
i'm just thankful the vp has medical staff following him around--I am wondering how a man who has had 100 heart procedures, heart attacks etc.....didnt have a heart attack when he SHOT someone he was hunting with-------------:eek: :confused: :doh:

This is why it was suppose to be hushed up. All I know is I wouldn't go hunting with any of these dudes. In fact, I really want to stay away from any of their pursuits.

j2mirish said:
i'm just thankful the vp has medical staff following him around--I am wondering how a man who has had 100 heart procedures, heart attacks etc.....didnt have a heart attack when he SHOT someone he was hunting with-------------:eek: :confused: :doh:

I think that says something about him right there..

There was an article i was coying to paste right after the news hit here about the daughter or grandaughter speaking after visiting relative in hospital about the victim...lots of pain, burning looked like severe case of chicken pox..etc

BUT...wouldn't you know, when i went to paste it...came up errror..POOF!!! article disappered:confused:

O/T, but real quick...i went to Walgreens to get a V-day card for my husband & a b-day card for a friend of mine.....got this card;... it has Bush on the front of the card holding up 3 fingers, w/ "Heard you're getting older. Just three words to say about it".....open the card & it says "Happy Birthday"

i actually laughed outloud in the aisle :p

My f-i-l has hunted birds all his life. And has been a loyal GOP since conception. I asked him tonight if it is true that such accidents happen "not frequently, but often" in quail shooting.

No. No way. Nope. Not true.

His view: The victim was partly to blame for separating from the group, but a truly well disciplined "gun" wouldn't have peppered him.

"Foolhardy" is how he described the Veep.

That's it for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back