All things Prince William & Kate Middleton

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Terrible and sad news. Wish people would start realizing the impact some of these pranks and hoaxes have on peoples lives. I'm sure this poor woman was hounded by the paparazzi.

So sad.

Just heard this on the national news at 11:00. Tragic ending to a ridiculous "prank". Heads should roll! :moo:

Hospital employee involved in Kate prank call found dead

Nurse was one who first received prank call, transferred it

Author: By Laura Smith-Spark CNN

Published On: Dec 07 2012 10:49:51 AM EST Updated On: Dec 07 2012 11:03:47 AM EST

CNN
LONDON (CNN) -
An employee at the hospital that was duped by a prank call from two Australian radio DJs concerning Prince William's pregnant wife, Catherine, has apparently committed suicide, the hospital confirmed Friday...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ad/-/1719418/17692492/-/1545ncgz/-/index.html

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...al--Nurse-involved-in-Kate-hoax-call-has-died

This stupid prank-what was the point?- could have lost this nurse her reputation and livelihood. She could have been reported to the NMC and had her name dragged through the mud, eventually losing her registration
I am so angry and sad about this, may she RIP

Poor lady. But for the cost of a few chuckles, this woman lost her life. She must have been very tenderhearted, just what the nursing profession needs. :(

I am sure hospital was investigating why this breach of privacy occurred. The woman might have concerned about losing her job over this prank.

I have read that there is a pervasive feeling in the UK that you do not mess with the 'Royals'. They have power far beyond the little they possess officially. I am not saying the poor woman was murdered but I do believe she was being hounded, threatened with loss of her job, etc. Probably in addition to the news media she was being hounded by security services- such as MI6.

Where did this idea come from that it's funny for on-air people to horse around like this? They impersonated a family member to obtain private information- isn't that a crime?

The nurse was not being disciplined at all by the hospital for her error.

The hospital is quick to shift the blame but I think they definitely bear some. They say they pride themselves on their discretion but they haven't even given their staff basic privacy training for answering the phone?

This is considered unforgivable in Australia, but then our privacy laws seem much stronger than most places. The Privacy Regs are the first and most important thing you learn when dealing with personal information in any workplace, here. It is a sackable offence to share personal information no matter who asks.

:waitasec:

There is no way the Australian DJ's would ever have thought the "prank" would have got as far as it did. An Australian Hospital would only confirm if that person was a patient, not one single word more...the Aussies were being Aussies - having a laugh. They could not have possibly foreseen they would be believed and confided in.

The tragedy is her children, who now don't have a mother...but I really can't believe that this caused her suicide. It may have been a contributing factor but clearly the woman was unhinged. She wasn't even named, as far as I know.

What was a nurse doing on reception anyway? She wasn't acting as a nurse that night, she was working the switch. Surely this is a massive waste of resources?

There's more to this than meets the eye so please don't just blame the DJ's. They will be gutted.

Kind of strange, the death of the nurse. Brought back memories of the 17 yo girl found dead on royal property a while back??!! Things that make you wonder.

The DJs didn't expect it go as far as it did? Well they sure didn't stop when it went as far as it did, and then they aired it.
More than one time, i believe. And had a good laugh about it. If they were in UK, I bet they would be arrested for this so-called prank.

The hospital is quick to shift the blame but I think they definitely bear some. They say they pride themselves on their discretion but they haven't even given their staff basic privacy training for answering the phone?

This is considered unforgivable in Australia, but then our privacy laws seem much stronger than most places. The Privacy Regs are the first and most important thing you learn when dealing with personal information in any workplace, here. It is a sackable offence to share personal information no matter who asks.

There is no way the Australian DJ's would ever have thought the "prank" would have got as far as it did. An Australian Hospital would only confirm if that person was a patient, not one single word more...the Aussies were being Aussies - having a laugh. They could not have possibly foreseen they would be believed and confided in.

The tragedy is her children, who now don't have a mother...but I really can't believe that this caused her suicide. It may have been a contributing factor but clearly the woman was unhinged. She wasn't even named, as far as I know.

What was a nurse doing on reception anyway? She wasn't acting as a nurse that night, she was working the switch. Surely this is a massive waste of resources?

There's more to this than meets the eye so please don't just blame the DJ's. They will be gutted.

BBM Receptionists in private hospitals do not work night shifts. Nurses have to answer the phones. In some establishments they have to cook and clean as well.

BBM Receptionists in private hospitals do not work night shifts. Nurses have to answer the phones. In some establishments they have to cook and clean as well.

It's obvious to me hospital should be giving them better training. Especially hospital that prides itself on privacy for its patients.

All the more reason to ensure thorough training, in all aspects of one's duties. Especially when your establishment (the hospital) actually boasts about its "discretion".

The hospital is largely to blame here...that is if the nurse was in fantastic mental shape beforehand, which I doubt.

An Australian nurse would have said, sorry, I cannot give that information over the phone, and handed it off to her superior if she thought it really was the Queen calling at 3am.

If we all killed ourselves over stuff ups at work, there'd be nobody left.

Where did this idea come from that it's funny for on-air people to horse around like this? They impersonated a family member to obtain private information- isn't that a crime?

I bet if they were in England, they would be arrested. But they are in Australia.
So England can not arrest them.

I work in a hospital in the US and it is amazing to me that any information was given over the phone. I don't at all find blame in the DJ's, the hospital should have better training regarding privacy policies. If that had happened here where I work, without a second thought and without blaming the caller the one giving information out would be fired. ON.THE.SPOT.

May this poor woman RIP.

All I know is if the DJ's would have minded their own business and done what real DJ's are supposed to do, this probably would not have happened.

If the paparazzi would not have chased Princess Diana, she probably would still be alive today.

What will it take for these idiots to finally get it? More tragedies?

These 2 DJ's are not any better than someone sneaking into the hospital through security and getting to the Duchess without permission. I hope they get sued for invasion of privacy and I hope Jacintha Saldanha's family sues them for wrongful death!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back