**all things zfg lawsuit merged **

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Judge says' he may having been wrong when he denied the orginal motion to stay, OH NO!

ZFG att says if KC had not taken 5th in this case prior to death penalty being a factor in criminal case then they might be able to use that argument now but she is not doing anything differently now than before death penalty was factor (not talking in this case) so death penalty shouldn't be a factor now in this case

note this is my paraphrase

oops lost sound again

awww...Judge says he probably made a mistake before.....fundamental fairness to KC, unfairness to ZFG is no biggie.

KC att back up again - but I can't hear it at the moment

Judge now saying "I may have been wrong in that one instance. (denying the motion to stay) Now I have to review". Does the dp now change her fairness of how she can defend herself. What's unfair to her about the case - not media. Now the defense gets to talk - Judge saying he is not an advocate - the defense needs to frame the questions - Judge says he will let them talk until noon - he will cancel his 11:00.

KC's attorney just got smacked again for making assumptions..

KC's atty. knows he's won....judge playing coy....HUGE WASTE....

KC att rights of accused supercede fundamental fairness to ZG

I don't think he's won yet...

I do think the Judge has pretty much made up his mind though :(

KC att - in criminal case she can take 5th against self incrimination but here she can be compelled to testify

but then cites case saying defendant can take 5th in interrogative in civil case

Judge & KC att are agreeing that KC cannot answer one question and not others so if she answers some of their questions she can be compelled to answer all & she can't do that because she is looking at death row in criminal case

I have a feeling that KC is gonna lose this motion, I don't why, but I do (maybe it's hope?).

That is a great argument the defense attorney is making and the case law he just cited (Unfortunately)

I think what KC att is saying is that she cannot defend herself here without talking but cannot talk here because it would be used against her in criminal trial

am I right

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back