**all things zfg lawsuit merged **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
*Bumping thread with the release today of ZFG's witness list! Along with the trial just around the corner on May 4, 2010 @ 1:30pm IIRC!

**Added Witness List For Everyone's Reference! :wink:

DOCUMENT: Zenaida Gonzalez's Witness List
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/22913460/detail.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Witnesses listed in civil suit against Casey Anthony
Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, George Anthony and Cindy Anthony are listed as witnesses in the defamation suit

6:01 p.m. EDT, March 22, 2010
<snipped>
The lawyer representing a Kissimmee woman in her defamation suit against Casey Anthony lists about 150 potential witnesses in her case.

Among the witnesses: Casey Anthony, her friends, her parents George Anthony and Cindy Anthony, and defense attorney Jose Baez.

Also among the potential witnesses: Private investigators Dominic Casey and Jim Hoover; California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who helped post Casey Anthony's bond; FBI agents; FDLE agents and detectives from the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Morgan could call Anthony's ex-boyfriends as witnesses &#8212; including Jesse Grund, Ricardo Morales and Anthony Lazzaro, according to his list.

*More at link!
Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...asey-anthony-zenaida-20100322,0,3751700.story

:angel:
So who's representing Casey for free?

I've been away from this board for a long time, but came back since I saw the witness list was released. I'm just curious if any of you law people out there think it could hurt KC in the long run if they use this woman (who is making allegations about having an affair with GA) or her sister as witnesses in their defense against ZG? It seems stupid to me, since GA and everyone is saying that she is not to be trusted. Why would you use her as a witness to support your claims that this is not the same ZG that KC was referring to?

Any idea why Skye Benheida (sp) is on the witness list?

Both sisters would be called if as they have claimed somewhere that ZFG's description was actually a description of GA's supposed love interest, and of course that would mean Skye has been somewhat accused of being the nanny's sister.

Don't ask me why this trial is still going to happen, but I'll get the :popcorn:

I've been away from this board for a long time, but came back since I saw the witness list was released. I'm just curious if any of you law people out there think it could hurt KC in the long run if they use this woman (who is making allegations about having an affair with GA) or her sister as witnesses in their defense against ZG? It seems stupid to me, since GA and everyone is saying that she is not to be trusted. Why would you use her as a witness to support your claims that this is not the same ZG that KC was referring to?

I'm worried too but I'm worried that this may harm the capital murder trial. I surely hope not. This is the first time I've seen a civil case go before the criminal case. In regards to ZFG, this isn't about the money, or they could have sued for much more, IMO, I believe it's about clearing her name since it's attached to the nanny who allegedly kidnapped and must have eventually murdered Caylee, right??? It's defamation, character assassination, she lost her home, her job all due to her name and what that name is attached to...

I just don't want this to hurt the criminal trial, that's my fear. :banghead:

I understand your point. But I believe Zenaida's because it is a just cause. That's the difference to me. It's about clearing her name.

Meanwhile, Cheney Mason comes along after spending a lot of time commenting on the perp's guilt. Rather hypocritical, IMO.

Ron Goldman's dad has never given up either and although the cases may not be comparable, I find it cool that Zenaida, a working class person with little going for her other than her reputation and asking for so little , is represented by someone willing to fight the good fight because surely there is not much happening in the $$$ department. Unlike the psychopath with her army of users.

In the grand scheme of things, I am going to be rooting for the attorney who inserts himself or herself maybe for the glory and the challenge, but is representing the truly helpless and vulnerable. To me that is the difference.

I can understand you rooting for the attorney who is representing the truly helpless and vulnerable, I just don't think JM (imho) is that attorney. We will never really know the reason he took on this case, as opposed to why he said he took on this case. I just can't hlep but wonder if this case had not become such a media circus, would JM have still offered to represent Zenaida? Of course, if it had not become a media circus, she would not have had her name splashed all over the news, would she? Another which came first scenario.

In Mr. Goldman's civil case, I was rooting for him all the way, still am. I go back and forth on this case, I just can't seem to decide if it has merit or not. Maybe that would make me a good juror because I have not made up my mind. I think the witness list is overkill. However, since my previous post I realized that since it is a civil case, the taxpayers aren't going to have to bear the costs. Since JB's office is handling it and KC doesn't have any money, it's JB's office that is bearing the costs. You know, maybe this civil suit isn't a bad idea after all? :)

In my fantasy life, ZFG would be awarded a nice settlement and would be able to be paid out of KC's snack fund. :crosseyed:

OK, the judge ruled that KC is indigent, why is M&M even bothering to go forward with this? Is it he hopes that any future $$ can be attached by lien or something? I think it is a pipe dream, and JM is guilty of what we are claiming most of the defense team is guilty of - grandstanding to get their names in the news.

I honestly don't know whether this lawsuit had any merit to start with. After reading the names of all the 'potential' witnesses, it is getting just ludicrous.

What I'm hoping Morgan is able to do through this lawsuit is not only subpoena the ABC contract so we can see exactly what it says, as well as records on Macaluso's contribution, Andrea's legal clinic contributions, and Baez's financials so we can see exactly where the money went.

Seems like if he won, that information would be fair game. :)

And this is all information that we would LOVE to see, and may never see otherwise.

I can understand you rooting for the attorney who is representing the truly helpless and vulnerable, I just don't think JM (imho) is that attorney. We will never really know the reason he took on this case, as opposed to why he said he took on this case. I just can't hlep but wonder if this case had not become such a media circus, would JM have still offered to represent Zenaida? Of course, if it had not become a media circus, she would not have had her name splashed all over the news, would she? Another which came first scenario.

In Mr. Goldman's civil case, I was rooting for him all the way, still am. I go back and forth on this case, I just can't seem to decide if it has merit or not. Maybe that would make me a good juror because I have not made up my mind. I think the witness list is overkill. However, since my previous post I realized that since it is a civil case, the taxpayers aren't going to have to bear the costs. Since JB's office is handling it and KC doesn't have any money, it's JB's office that is bearing the costs. You know, maybe this civil suit isn't a bad idea after all? :)

I suppose we could ask the same of all of the attorneys in this case, save for the state, JAC, jail attys, etc. Capitalism and the want for a legacy is present in law, too, I guess.

I believe it is a good case because this particular Zenaida will testify that she and her family have experienced a lot of grief since the day LE came to her door. Every Zenaida that went through what she went through (excluding Zenaida's that were never bothered or whose faces were not plastered on TV) has every right to sue, so it is not an entitlement to her alone, it just happens that she is the only one bringing suit.
Further, it can be conclusively shown that KC was shown a picture of her, not every Zenaida in the country, but a few including her, and failed to eliminate her from scrutiny.
The beauty of this case, as I have stated before, is that JM will seek to show not only that his client did not murder or kidnap Caylee, but that it was a complete lie-A complete lie because KC herself murdered Caylee. JM is going to try KC for murder in order to exclude his client as a murderer (which KC could have done with one single "not her"), it's brilliant.

*Bumping thread with the release today of ZFG's witness list! Along with the trial just around the corner on May 4, 2010 @ 1:30pm IIRC!

**Added Witness List For Everyone's Reference! :wink:

DOCUMENT: Zenaida Gonzalez's Witness List
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/22913460/detail.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Witnesses listed in civil suit against Casey Anthony
Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, George Anthony and Cindy Anthony are listed as witnesses in the defamation suit

6:01 p.m. EDT, March 22, 2010
<snipped>
The lawyer representing a Kissimmee woman in her defamation suit against Casey Anthony lists about 150 potential witnesses in her case.

Among the witnesses: Casey Anthony, her friends, her parents George Anthony and Cindy Anthony, and defense attorney Jose Baez.

Also among the potential witnesses: Private investigators Dominic Casey and Jim Hoover; California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who helped post Casey Anthony's bond; FBI agents; FDLE agents and detectives from the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Morgan could call Anthony's ex-boyfriends as witnesses — including Jesse Grund, Ricardo Morales and Anthony Lazzaro, according to his list.

*More at link!
Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...asey-anthony-zenaida-20100322,0,3751700.story

:angel:

What happened with this? Is it still on for May 4th?

Man! What a witness list! Cindy is not going to like this at all, IMO. Her brother Rick and her own mother is on that list. Plus someone from her dad's nursing home.

That is an impressive witness list for LE also.

Wonder how many of these witnesses Morgan will actually call to the stand? He lists the witnesses, but he doesn't have to use them as I understand it.

Will this case go forward? Casey has no money.

ITA!

CA is not going to appreciate this what so ever. Karma bites, especially when it's heading straight for your very own a$$! In any case I am happy that ZFG has an attorney to represent her on this matter. From where I stand JM has not been any sort of media hound and took this case based on it's merit and the fact that the Anthony's have been just so out right dispicable about the entire situation from day one.

What the Anthony's have done to her is deplorable and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that this case does indeed have merit. I also don't believe that it will impact the criminal trial negatively or the SAO would have been all over it a long, long time ago to make an effort to postpone it.

Wait a sec... this is schedule for less than a week away. I wonder why there isn't more hoopla surrounding it. Hasn't be rescheduled as far as I can tell. Who will the judge be for this?

What I'm hoping Morgan is able to do through this lawsuit is not only subpoena the ABC contract so we can see exactly what it says, as well as records on Macaluso's contribution, Andrea's legal clinic contributions, and Baez's financials so we can see exactly where the money went.

Seems like if he won, that information would be fair game. :)

And this is all information that we would LOVE to see, and may never see otherwise.

Yes, it's odd isn't it that they managed to spend every last cent in her account just before Zenaida's case came to trial....:innocent:

Isn't this a Pre-trial Conference on the 4th??? Guess not. The Pre-trial was in December.

OK, the judge ruled that KC is indigent, why is M&M even bothering to go forward with this? Is it he hopes that any future $$ can be attached by lien or something? I think it is a pipe dream, and JM is guilty of what we are claiming most of the defense team is guilty of - grandstanding to get their names in the news.

I honestly don't know whether this lawsuit had any merit to start with. After reading the names of all the 'potential' witnesses, it is getting just ludicrous.

I not an attorney and do not claim to understand how it works. But, seems like M&M should attache Cindy and George as equal defendents with KC. There's been enough information that have been produced that show Cindy and George never really believed in the "nanny" story from the beginning.

By doing this not only would it prevent KC from making any money if(when) found guilty but it would also block George and Cindy from continuing to profit off of Caylee.

But, that's just my opinion.

Novice Seeker

There is no news on the Morgan & Morgan Web site.

http://www.forthepeople.com/casey-anthony-case.htm

I thought they would have update.

FERNANDEZ-GONZALEZ, ZENAIDA (represented by John Bryan Morgan)

I have my own questions here.

1. Now that KC is indigent, how do you suppose she is paying the civil suit or is that being paid by JAC too?

2. How much of the $200,000 did she spend to retain this lawyer?

3. How much has this lawyer already been paid?

4. Would her lawyer have to donate her time? (CROWELL, TOMASITA D.)

TIA

Will today's civil trial be televised? There is a joint motion for continuance. Does that mean this pretrial hearing won't be held today?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back