Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerard Baden-Clay's father Nigel denied close contact with his son at Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre

July 07, 2012 12:00AM

THE father of Gerard Baden-Clay has been banned from having a contact visit with his imprisoned son.
Nigel Baden-Clay has applied to gain direct access to the former real estate agent, 41, who last month was charged with murdering his wife Allison, but has been denied it by authorities.

Mr Baden-Clay Sr has already visited his son at Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre but it was a "non-contact" visit. They remained separated by glass, but could hear each other talk. A contact visit means they would be in the same room and could hug.

All conversations on the phone or in person between prisoners and visitors are monitored by Queensland Corrective Services officers and can also be recorded, except those with the prisoners' lawyers.

The Courier-Mail understands Mr Baden-Clay Sr demanded to see his son at Indooroopilly police station when Gerard was first arrested and charged on June 13 with murder and interfering with a corpse.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rectional-centre/story-e6freoof-1226419399042

Driving SETTLED, with no C21 sticker at all anymore. Hmmmmmmmm. Why not drive your own car, NBC? Are police looking at it?

Forensics can also detect if the hair is from a deceased body if it shows a certain type of banding on it. This was used to identify one single hair in the Caylee Anthony case/trial last year. From memory it was the first time this type of testing had been used in a law court. Although from what I've read the tests may not be 100% accurate.

Excellent point! Is this testing admissible in Australian courts?

Sorry to appear so ignorant, but I am asking about 5ETTLE, which has been mentioned here already. It was mentioned that his one of GBC's business partners had that plate, and I know it was on a blue Honda, possibly a HRV. It's the blue Honda I'm asking about. Small blue 4WD sound familiar people? Think about it. That is the car I'm looking for.

I guess I wasn't all bad though. I got the Prado right. I knew it was SETTLED, but I didn't know Captiva no longer had ALLISON, so thank you for putting that out there. I didn't remember reading that here.

I am still looking for information about the owner of the blue Honda 5ETTLE. When did they pull out of the business and are they still friendly with the BCs. I know they were friendly in January '11, but have lost track after that.

I'm with you, the car allegedly followed of being followed by the Prado but I don't have the answer about the number plate. Where did you even see that?

Driving SETTLED, with no C21 sticker at all anymore. Hmmmmmmmm. Why not drive your own car, NBC? Are police looking at it?

Good question Woof. I was just about to ask the same thing.

Excellent point! Is this testing admissible in Australian courts?

I've not read of that type of testing being used in Aus, although it may have been. I remember reading about the hair testing in Caylee Anthony case in which they had to gain permission for it to be used for the first time in the Florida court.

I'm with you, the car allegedly followed of being followed by the Prado but I don't have the answer about the number plate. Where did you even see that?

Outside BC Senior's house last year. I have a photo of it. Was looking through flood clean up pics the other day, saw the car in the photo and froze. I knew the plate meant something, for a while I forgot BWANA and couldn't remember how I knew it. Then after digging back here I read it was business partners. So I know they were friendly the BC Seniors last January. I want to know if they are still friendly even though no longer partners. And how friendly? Friendly enough to help dump a body?

Outside BC Senior's house last year. I have a photo of it. Was looking through flood clean up pics the other day, saw the car in the photo and froze. I knew the plate meant something, for a while I forgot BWANA and couldn't remember how I knew it. Then after digging back here I read it was business partners. So I know they were friendly the BC Seniors last January. I want to know if they are still friendly even though no longer partners. And how friendly? Friendly enough to help dump a body?

Well spotted Woof! Sorry I can't help you, I just don't know.

Sorry to appear so ignorant, but I am asking about 5ETTLE, which has been mentioned here already. It was mentioned that his one of GBC's business partners had that plate, and I know it was on a blue Honda, possibly a HRV. It's the blue Honda I'm asking about. Small blue 4WD sound familiar people? Think about it. That is the car I'm looking for.

I guess I wasn't all bad though. I got the Prado right. I knew it was SETTLED, but I didn't know Captiva no longer had ALLISON, so thank you for putting that out there. I didn't remember reading that here.

I am still looking for information about the owner of the blue Honda 5ETTLE. When did they pull out of the business and are they still friendly with the BCs. I know they were friendly in January '11, but have lost track after that.

There's another member "Radster" who seemed to know a bit about those plates...from memory he said others in GBC's office had cars with "SETTLE" plate. Although I don't recall anyone mentioning a blue Honda. I''m thinking it would have got a mention on here when that info about the blue car was released in media??

Radster's post re plates...

#506 06-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Radster

Great post. A nice summary and very positive. On the issue of the SETTLE plates, I can shed a little light. I worked AROUND some of the people involved a few years ago (please appreciate I have to be a little circumspect here) and it was in fact a business partner, now a former business partner, who came up with the word SETTLE to market himself as an agent ("settle" being a positive result of both a purchase and a sale; it also suggests calmness, reliability ... I recall the brainstorming involved). He was going to use it on stickers, calendars etc to mail out to prospective clients etc. GBC surprised him by purchasing the number plate for him - a sign of goodwill and support within the partnership. Fast forward a few years ... partner has left business and apparently not taken the plate with him. I don't know what went down at this juncture, having moved on professionally myself by that stage - maybe GBC took possession of the plate because he did, after all, pay for it or maybe the former business partner said, "Take it - I've no need for it anymore". After this, presumably, GBC thought he'd add to the SETTLE stable with the similar plates, all a tax deduction, I guess.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8005807&highlight=settle+plates#post8005807

Oh behave! ;)

You know, part of me seriously wishes he was still out and about...managing his Century 21 Empire from his office in Toowoong Tower. I just wanted to see how long he'd end up growing his beard! :rolling:

There's another member "Radster" who seemed to know a bit about those plates...from memory he said others in GBC's office had cars with "SETTLE" plate. Although I don't recall anyone mentioning a blue Honda. I''m thinking it would have got a mention on here when that info about the blue car was released in media??

I know. No-one to my knowledge ever mentioned the make or colour of the cars with SETTLE or 5ETTLE plates. Surely police would know this though? They'd have a record of anyone the defendant knows with dark blue small 4WD. Or is this something I should pass on to them?

In the article it says Allison was found at Kholo Creek after an extensive search. I'm going to sound a little anal here and I wish they mentioned 'found by a passing canoeist' or such. I'm not knocking the SES or police for their brilliant efforts, but think they should have mentioned it. IMO.

Radster

Great post. A nice summary and very positive. On the issue of the SETTLE plates, I can shed a little light. I worked AROUND some of the people involved a few years ago (please appreciate I have to be a little circumspect here) and it was in fact a business partner, now a former business partner, who came up with the word SETTLE to market himself as an agent ("settle" being a positive result of both a purchase and a sale; it also suggests calmness, reliability ... I recall the brainstorming involved). He was going to use it on stickers, calendars etc to mail out to prospective clients etc. GBC surprised him by purchasing the number plate for him - a sign of goodwill and support within the partnership. Fast forward a few years ... partner has left business and apparently not taken the plate with him. I don't know what went down at this juncture, having moved on professionally myself by that stage - maybe GBC took possession of the plate because he did, after all, pay for it or maybe the former business partner said, "Take it - I've no need for it anymore". After this, presumably, GBC thought he'd add to the SETTLE stable with the similar plates, all a tax deduction, I guess.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8005807&highlight=settle+plates#post8005807

Thanks! I wonder when they left the business. Before or after floods? That might help deduce whose car it was on when I saw it in Jan '11 flood pics.

I know. No-one to my knowledge ever mentioned the make or colour of the cars with SETTLE or 5ETTLE plates. Surely police would know this though? They'd have a record of anyone the defendant knows with dark blue small 4WD. Or is this something I should pass on to them?

You'd think by now they'd know, especially if they've searched the office records etc...but if you think it's worth calling it in then go for it. Crimestoppers is anonymous.

Radster

Interesting, thanks for that.

They should consider selling the SETTLED plates and if anyone really wants to buy them BWANA as last time I checked personalized plates were $2300 a piece. That means at least $4600 or perhaps more... all that money and no idea what to do = BRING ON LAWYER #4!

Gerard Baden-Clay's father Nigel denied close contact with his son at Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre

July 07, 2012 12:00AM

THE father of Gerard Baden-Clay has been banned from having a contact visit with his imprisoned son.
Nigel Baden-Clay has applied to gain direct access to the former real estate agent, 41, who last month was charged with murdering his wife Allison, but has been denied it by authorities.

Mr Baden-Clay Sr has already visited his son at Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre but it was a "non-contact" visit. They remained separated by glass, but could hear each other talk. A contact visit means they would be in the same room and could hug.

All conversations on the phone or in person between prisoners and visitors are monitored by Queensland Corrective Services officers and can also be recorded, except those with the prisoners' lawyers.

The Courier-Mail understands Mr Baden-Clay Sr demanded to see his son at Indooroopilly police station when Gerard was first arrested and charged on June 13 with murder and interfering with a corpse.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rectional-centre/story-e6freoof-1226419399042

I am wondering what the reasons are for a prisoner being refused a contact visit with someone. Perhaps someone like Keentoknow will know the details. From my understanding if GBC was to have a contact visit he would have to strip and put on a special garment that looks like a large jumpsuit (think baby jumpsuit but heavier darker material) prior to the visit. After the visit he would then strip in front of a prison guard and put on his other prison attire. The stripping off is to make sure the visitor didn't give them anything. Keentoknow may need to correct me if this isn't true because my info is not based on Arthur Gorrie but a prison in a different state. It is not a pleasant process for a prisoner to go through to have a contact visit but then I can imagine that some of them may just crave that physical contact (like a hug or a hand hold) with a family member. A visit behind a glass wall is not very personal.

Thanks! I wonder when they left the business. Before or after floods? That might help deduce whose car it was on when I saw it in Jan '11 flood pics.

Not sure if this is any help...

May 02, 2012 12:00AM

GERARD Baden-Clay experienced a mass exodus of staff from his Century 21 franchise last year as business slowed.
It's understood over the year, more than 20 employees left the real estate agency, which had been relocated from Kenmore to a bigger office in Taringa in Brisbane's west.

Days before Christmas, Mr Baden-Clay took out a $300,000 loan for one of his companies from two partners who exited the business the same day

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...usiness-suffered/story-e6freoof-1226344121450

I am wondering what the reasons are for a prisoner being refused a contact visit with someone. Perhaps someone like Keentoknow will know the details. From my understanding if GBC was to have a contact visit he would have to strip and put on a special garment that looks like a large jumpsuit (think baby jumpsuit but heavier darker material) prior to the visit. After the visit he would then strip in front of a prison guard and put on his other prison attire. The stripping off is to make sure the visitor didn't give them anything. Keentoknow may need to correct me if this isn't true because my info is not based on Arthur Gorrie but a prison in a different state. It is not a pleasant process for a prisoner to go through to have a contact visit but then I can imagine that some of them may just crave that physical contact (like a hug or a hand hold) with a family member. A visit behind a glass wall is not very personal.

If he has to do that I don't think he will feel like a BWANA at all!

I'm sure they will have close contact with each other soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpioo18