Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I was in my local library and saw a sign "fill a bag with books for $1" they were having a cull of old books.
Next moment I saw the book "Olave Baden-Powell The Authorised biography of the World Chief Guide"
I couldn't resist filling a bag after that.
Have had a look at the pictures and saw the family tree again, GBC was shown but must have been before his brother and sister were born.
If I ever get around to reading the book, will let you know if anything interesting there.
Maybe I could send it to GBC to add to the prison library.

Honestly how do you keep a dump like that 'looking good'. That is an oxymoron if I ever came across one. You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear - so I doubt any woman could turn that house into a majestic abode. No one is going to spend money on a rental - so new fixtures and are out of the question and the money situation was non-existant for Allison so I doubt she could have spent money on nice things that made the house look good. She would have just done her best to put up and shut up!!!!! Poor girl!

IMO I am very doubtful Allison went without. Yes her husband was a cheating but c'mon.. Hair cut and colour is expensive, girls had dancing and other extra curricular things. Let's not forget Allison went away for a week to a spa with her bestie for her birthday. I think they both spent.

I'm NOT sticking up for GBC at all, but lets not jump to conclusions how he had everything and she had nothing. Its doubtful he racked up 45k credit card debt alone. I think IMO they both liked to spend and have a certain "lifestyle". I mean it appears they lived in that house just to be within the postcode. I am in no way casting judgements on them just stating how I see it. No offense intended.

Also IMO I dont think GBC was entirely a bad businessman, he was winning awards for highest sales and such things. I think the floods were a HUGE turning point in the BC family. Possibly for the first time they'd experienced hard times. Money puts an enormous strain on a marriage and team that with an long standing relationship on the side plus god knows how many flings.

IMO I'd bet his personality did a 180 from that point, and clearly for the worst. I think the hard times the flood had caused possibly brought out a side to him, Allison especially, never knew existed sadly.

Observer, while I agree that money worries can put a huge strain on a relationship, it doesn't usually (if ever) turn people into murderers. I think he was quite possibly always an evil sod. IMO

As for the birthday spa treat, remember that would have been fairly early days of his relationship with Toni McHugh. GBC was probably pleased that Allison went away for a week, as he would have been able to wet his wick a little easier, with nobody around to be watching him.

MOO

Keentoknow with the landlords insurance are there different time frames available for the rent to be covered e.g. Higher premium rate for more weeks or is it just a flat rate for a set time and is there an option for something terrible happening in the house and you can't seem to find new tenants?

Any claims that we have made have been paid within weeks be it for rent or damage.

GBC's rent was from a week to week basis it seems.

Loss of Rent

To calculate the loss of rent: Loss of rent will start from the day after the tenant's last paid rent (e.g. - if tenant is paid up to and including the 10th May, your claim will begin from the 11th May) and will be calculated until whichever of the following events occur first:
The day before the property is re-let
The expiry of the lease agreement
The date the landlord withdraws the property from the rental market
The date from which the tenant vacated if no effort is made to replace the tenant
The maximum amount claimable is reached

We will not pay more than the Landlord would be legally entitled to if the tenant had complied with their lease agreement, nor would we pay more than what could be legally recovered from the tenant.

Once the tenant has vacated complete the Long Stay Tenancies Claim Form with as much detail as possible, ensuring all of the documents listed on the back of the claim form are provided. Ensure you retain the bond and use towards non claimable items such as re-letting expenses (cleaning, gardening, rubbish removal etc) - refer to Bond Dispersal for further information.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...brookfield-house/story-e6freoof-1226413239229

They sought a periodic lease thereafter,'' said the owner, who did not want to be named. "We've just been going from week to week.

You would be best to ring Terri Scheer re your last question. We have not been in that position.

Observer, while I agree that money worries can put a huge strain on a relationship, it doesn't usually (if ever) turn people into murderers. I think he was quite possibly always an evil sod. IMO
MOO

Oh please don't think I meant murder was from money strain. No way at all is that an excuse for what he did!! I meant merely as a change in their relationship in terms oh how he treated her.. As I beleive this is when any emotional abuse would've started. JMO.

Observer, sorry, I see what you mean. I agree, the money strain may well have exacerbated the stress, and that in turn could have affected the way he treated her.

It's possible though, that he may have been emotionally, or even physically abusive, long before the floods, but we don't know that of course.

Actually, he began the affair in 2008, floods Jan 2011, so he was obviously not being Mr nice guy then.

One thing that amazes me is that it was apparently about 3 years before Allison learned of the affair. I find that very surprising. Many women (not all) know very early on in the piece once their partner starts playing around, especially if it's an ongoing thing.

He must have been a really good lier I suppose.

Hi observer, I think you make some good points some of which I have been thinking for a while also.

One thing that amazes me is that it was apparently about 3 years before Allison learned of the affair. I find that very surprising. Many women (not all) know very early on in the piece once their partner starts playing around, especially if it's an ongoing thing.

I agree LauraMars, and more so that it was happening right under Allison's nose at Century 21 where they all worked together.

Observer, sorry, I see what you mean. I agree, the money strain may well have exacerbated the stress, and that in turn could have affected the way he treated her.

It's possible though, that he may have been emotionally, or even physically abusive, long before the floods, but we don't know that of course.

Actually, he began the affair in 2008, floods Jan 2011, so he was obviously not being Mr nice guy then.
This is interesting speculation. Just a thought. It is possible that he may have experienced disappointment that the desired male heir to carry on the Baden-Clay name had not eventuated. This may have been a disappointment for the B C Snrs. which may have added pressure on this couple. In MSM it is alleged that the affair with TMcH of four years duration may have commenced sometime after the birth of this third child IMO there were disappointments, pressures and fractures in the relationship which pre-dated the catastrophe of the floods. My opinion only, not fact.

Hmmm, I don't know Fuskier, with regards to the boy thing. It's true some people have a preference for a certain sex, while others don't mind either way, as long as baby is healthy etc.

But with someone who cold-bloodedly murders their wife, and carries on after the fact in the despicable way that he did, I think there has got to be something inherently wrong and wicked with them.

As for that Toni McHugh, I still can't believe she was involved with him for all those years, while knowing he had a wife and family, who she obviously knew. I wonder if she feels guilty now, although even that would be far too little and far too late.

Easy to cover an affair in the real estate environment, long hours, evening appraisals, sales meetings, late night sales negotiating, oh & don't forget long exhausting national conferences, they can be a full week away from home. Flights & accomodation & those boring dinners impressing colleagues, back slapping & piddling in pockets, exhausting stuff.
Of course these are only easy cover up excuses. "oh my husband works so hard" I'm sure the 'team' knew and talked about it but as always the little woman is the last to know. Who can she ask (pride) if she has suspicions & who's going to tell her, it's nobody's business to. Husband would get angry if she dared even questioned such a thing, again. Oh & not the office girl or TM? Who?
I saw it in my office, easy as....& I was wasn't going to the Mrs, really how could you? :maddening:

Yeah maybe you're right they'll get you, there would be many ways to cover it within that industry. I agree it's awful but true, that the person being cheated on is usually the last to know.

I think she may have been suspicious for some time, particularly if they were all working together at some point, but GBC would probably have just told Allison she was being neurotic.

The very first report I heard about Allison's dissappearence on Sydney radio was that a 'Queensland mother had gone missing after meeting with her boyfriend police are concerned as this was out of character'
Question: was ABC & GBC estranged & was GBC actually really living there? Was the marriage so over? If so what was he there for, maybe she was trying to get him to leave & called the police that night, I remember hearing the police were called the night before for possible DV? C'mon court case!

The very first report I heard about Allison's dissappearence on Sydney radio was that a 'Queensland mother had gone missing after meeting with her boyfriend police are concerned as this was out of character'
Question: was ABC & GBC estranged & was GBC actually really living there? Was the marriage so over? If so what was he there for, maybe she was trying to get him to leave & called the police that night, I remember hearing the police were called the night before for possible DV? C'mon court case!

Interesting but I think the sydney radio just got it wrong. The police case is that they were living together at Brookfield with their girls.

I never heard any reports about a boyfriend. The first reports I heard just said he told police she had gone walking late on the Thursday night.

I wonder if any of the family will turn up to show support when it goes back to court in September. Doubt it somehow.

I've never heard the boyfriend thing either . But I agree that Allison tried to ring someone that night. Otherwise her phone would not be of such importance . Maybe the police or a number the counsellores had given her . I keep thinking the argument was so extreme and that's when the scratches happened but she was able to get outside to phone someone . Maybe in fear of her life managed to get to creekside park .but gbc was following in the prado. Muffled screams heard by residents who threatened to call police. Maybe that's why he couldn't go back down rafting ground rd because he didn't know if police had been called . Moo

I was out in Anstead today testing my motorbike and decided to check out the area to get a feel for where and how the body was probably dump.

Firstly I never realised that Bunya Street was a dead end and ended just here. http://goo.gl/maps/9ZXL9
There were three entrances to the Scout camp along this road, all with chained gates.
The road was pretty quiet from the street and I could see how a car could get down there undetected, however it just didn't feel right.
All the gates looked looked, and unless the person had a key I can't see them going down this road.

I almost didn't go down Wirrabara Road but am glad I did.
Firstly it is pretty secluded.
The gate at the end of the road which I always took as the entrance to the Scout camp is actually a government state forest gate and allows access for horses (low section in the fence) and walkers. It didn't at all feel like a place that someone would try to dump a body. It was native forest which had low grass.
However the two sections that really stood out to me was A and B in this map. http://goo.gl/maps/MpVVt

Firstly A which is a creak crossing. You could tell by the banks that is gets quite a lot of water through it. It looked like a place that you could easily take and hide a body, but there was no real place to park IMO.
However B screamed perfect for the task.
Despite this picture (http://goo.gl/maps/Jw9PW), it is quite over grown and even had a old car body dumped in here.
There was plenty of room to drive a car down very close to the river bank and never be spotted by someone driving past, and even then it would only be one of the 2-3 houses on the street. Especially at that time of night.
What you also don't see from gmaps is the elevation from here to the road. There is no way anyone on Mount Crosby Road could see anything on that road once they enter it.
This here is where I believe the body was dumped and it has washed down in the excessive rain we had on the 30 odd hours previous to the body being discovered.

I was out in Anstead today testing my motorbike and decided to check out the area to get a feel for where and how the body was probably dump.

Firstly I never realised that Bunya Street was a dead end and ended just here. http://goo.gl/maps/9ZXL9
There were three entrances to the Scout camp along this road, all with chained gates.
The road was pretty quiet from the street and I could see how a car could get down there undetected, however it just didn't feel right.
All the gates looked looked, and unless the person had a key I can't see them going down this road.

I almost didn't go down Wirrabara Road but am glad I did.
Firstly it is pretty secluded.
The gate at the end of the road which I always took as the entrance to the Scout camp is actually a government state forest gate and allows access for horses (low section in the fence) and walkers. It didn't at all feel like a place that someone would try to dump a body. It was native forest which had low grass.
However the two sections that really stood out to me was A and B in this map. http://goo.gl/maps/MpVVt

Firstly A which is a creak crossing. You could tell by the banks that is gets quite a lot of water through it. It looked like a place that you could easily take and hide a body, but there was no real place to park IMO.
However B screamed perfect for the task.
Despite this picture (http://goo.gl/maps/Jw9PW), it is quite over grown and even had a old car body dumped in here.
There was plenty of room to drive a car down very close to the river bank and never be spotted by someone driving past, and even then it would only be one of the 2-3 houses on the street. Especially at that time of night.
What you also don't see from gmaps is the elevation from here to the road. There is no way anyone on Mount Crosby Road could see anything on that road once they enter it.
This here is where I believe the body was dumped and it has washed down in the excessive rain we had on the 30 odd hours previous to the body being discovered.

I agree.

I do not think she was left at the bridge where she was found. I do not think she was left near the Scout Camp. I think Allison was left near the dry creek bed in Wirrabarra. It is secluded, and easily accessible. And Allison may not have been found unless it had rained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000