Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't copy & paste comments from Facebook but we are allowed to post a link to it....as per the following WS rules...

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame][/QUOTE]

I've been lurking because the sale of Allison's house from within the confines of his holiday camp absolutely floored me & I have had sinking feelings of what other tricks they have in store & don't know what I (we) would do if he was released on a technicality or the like. I'm imagining he will say he sold the house primarily so the children won't want for anything. We know better & I wouldn't put it past the <modsnip>. (sorry mods kinda had to say it & feel better) I'm waiting patiently now just to see him in court......oh happy day!!

Allison had the world at her feet, she was successful, intelligent, educated & a very pretty girl and she was a target, a trophy and a prop. I think he had plans for the Dickies & Allison long ago. The Dickies didn't need to be rich but just enough enable him to get what he wanted- maybe to prove to Big Daddy his successes. I think that would have made the conquest sweeter. I also wonder how much the Dickies have lost on his 'schemes' already.
When a girl comes from a gentle dad and family she's not 'streetwise' to the predictors with the agenda. Just easier targets. They do walk among us.

I guess the average couple would create a will which benefits only when a worthwhile asset is created, house, marriage or children. Maybe the will was created when they were travelling overseas. I wonder if he did a will benefiting her at the same time? If so was it ever changed & when? Did she know it was changed? I doubt it! She actually could have changed hers...the new will could be easily 'lost' in the wrong hands. No healthy person expects to die at 40 years old & I doubt Allison really believed it could happen to her because she would have left.

I guess the average couple would create a will which benefits only when a worthwhile asset is created, house, marriage or children. Maybe the will was created when they were travelling overseas. I wonder if he did a will benefiting her at the same time? If so was it ever changed & when? Did she know it was changed? I doubt it! She actually could have changed hers...the new will could be easily 'lost' in the wrong hands. No healthy person expects to die at 40 years old & I doubt Allison really believed it could happen to her because she would have left.

I have to admit to being just a little concerned that she may have changed her Will recently and perhaps it's been conveniently misplaced. Also perhaps it was one of the motives... IMHOO :moo:

I am also interested in Allison's will. It was apparently made in 1997 before they were married. This is called a will "made in contemplation of marriage" and remains valid after the marriage. The will has to state specifically that it is made in contemplation of marriage to XYZ. If a will is made that is not stated to be in contemplation of marriage then the legal marriage makes that will completely invalid regardless of who is executor or beneficiary in it.

I have done wills for couples about to get married and they do it because they don't want have to worry about doing it after the wedding and before they go away, particularly overseas. Any will they may have previously had will be revoked by the marriage. A couple of weeks prior to getting married my spouse and I did wills in contemplation of marriage to each other. We had been together for years before we got married and owned assets together and had made wills appointing each other executor and beneficiary. However those wills would have been invalidated on our marriage. We have done a few updated wills since as kids came along and our assets changed but some people don't get around to updating their wills.

In the attached link, it states that GBC and ABC married on 23 August 1997 and then travelled overseas. Though we don't know how long after their wedding that they left for overseas.

http://www.news.com.au/national-old...bail-application/story-e6frfkvr-1226410326970

So it was prudent of them to make their wills in contemplation of marriage. We know that Allison appointed GBC her executor and beneficiary. She appointed her father the alternate executor and I guess ( but I haven't heard specifically) that any children yet to be born were backup beneficiaries with probably family members as second backup beneficiaries. GBC's will was likely done at the same time and likely a mirror image of Allison's.

There must have been no evidence of Allison having done a later will, otherwise
it would have been mentioned at Mr Dickie's application to be appointed administrator as the alternate executor named in her will.
If Allison had done another will say on the quiet, someone would know. Either a lawyer who did it or even if she bought a will kit from the newsagent or used a will online service, she would have needed 2 witnesses. I expect they would have been trusted friends. To me it sounds like no one has come forward with any info about this happening so I don't think it happened. Even if GBC had found it and destroyed it, the witnesses would have come forward.

It is a very interesting scenario now from a legal point of view. Mr Dickie has to administer Allison's estate and then hold it on trust pending the outcome of GBC's trial. If he is acquitted he then gets it, if convicted I am guessing the girls are the beneficiaries. In my opinion GBC can consent in the meantime to distributions being made to the girls from the estate as gifts out of his possible entitlement to be paid to their carers to be used for their living expenses. If he has his daughters interests at heart he will do this. It will be very interesting to see if this does happen. On the reverse scenario, as the girls are all under legal age, they do not have the capacity to consent to gifts being made to GBC out of their possible entitlement.

At some point when Allison's estate assets and liabilities are ascertained, this will I am sure be something that Mr Dickie will formally ask GBC through lawyers to consent to.

There's a post about the girls on the fb page ( justice) am I allowed to say that?

I think I know which one you mean, the one I'm thinking about is positive.
I'll try find the link as I read it on the weekend.

http://www.facebook.com/Justice4Allison

Click on the subject Word on the Street, and view all 47 or so comments,
about halfway down the page.
Is that the one you mean Maigret?

I think I know which one you mean, the one I'm thinking about is positive.
I'll try find the link as I read it on the weekend.

http://www.facebook.com/Justice4Allison

Click on the subject Word on the Street, and view all 47 or so comments,
about halfway down the page.
Is that the one you mean Maigret?

Yes it's from a Brookfild local and makes me feel a bit better about those poor girls

Hi Marlywings,
Read your above post, does that mean pics as well from someone's private FB page? I do have the link also?

They are picks of flood water in the Upper Brookfield area 2009. They have it open for all to see, just not sure if I can post them here or supply a link? TIA.

Hi Marlywings,
Read your above post, does that mean pics as well from someone's private FB page? I do have the link also?

They are picks of flood water in the Upper Brookfield area 2009. They have it open for all to see, just not sure if I can post them here or supply a link? TIA.

That would be interesting to see, I have always thought the floods turned up the pressure cooker.

Thanx Alli, I'd GBC's Will was changed it would be interesting to see who the witnesses were-possibly his family? Because they wouldn't come forth as per instructions.

I have found this news article re the floods in 2009 in SE QLD. 150mm overnight and in April as well (2nd time in a fortnight). There are three pics in this article, the 2nd one is of a flooded road in Upper Brookfield with a lady standing in the water, shows the flow of the water.
I will post other photos if I get the go ahead. Just gives a good visual I guess of the flow of water at 150 mm over 12-24hrs.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-04-14/heavy-rain-floods-parts-of-se-qld/1649434

Heavy rain floods parts of SE Qld

Updated Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:45am AEST
Emergency services have spent the night sandbagging homes and rescuing stranded motorists in flooded parts of south-east Queensland.

A low pressure system has dumped heavy rain across much of the region.

The Sunshine Coast is the hardest hit where the hinterland towns of Kin Kin, Pomona and Cooran are cut off.

It's the second time in a fortnight the region has been hit by flooding.

More than 150 millimetres of rain fell in the area overnight.

Attachments

• 1649486-3x2-940x627.jpg
    1649486-3x2-940x627.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 15
That would be interesting to see, I have always thought the floods turned up the pressure cooker.

I totally agree Poss, real estate in the western suburbs was very much affected as the Brisbane river winds through those suburbs. I understand that real estate sales following the floods slowed dramatically. Even people who were near the flood areas but not flooded were affected by a drop in market values and buyer fear. So Westside century 21 would have seen a dramatic slow down in sales for quite some time. Yet GBC still had to pay rent and staff and his already mounting debts. Yes a pressure cooker, well said.

I don't believe a word of that crap on the FB site. Let's face it, something like that would have been in MSM very quickly.

MOO.

ETA: I just emailed a reporter at the CM asking if they have heard anything about this. This is their reply.

Yes Makara I have, but apparently it&#8217;s not Toni McHugh or any of the others we&#8217;ve been tipped off about.

Oh dear!

Just had a look on an other site, just had to copy the gossip,ah sucked in....
https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForAllisonBadenClayTheFriendlyPage?ref=ts

I dont believe this rumour to be true at all. I believe it was posted on the JFA family page so the other JFA page reposted it. This just shows I guess what happens with rumours! I could be wrong but MOO

Hi Marlywings,

Hi Cyansea...no we're not allowed to post from someone's private FB page if it's not related to the case. If it belonged to a MSM facebook page it would be fine to post a link to it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ9F7utaAtM"]Flash Flooding - South East Queensland - Nine News - January 24th 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Have a look from 1:31. Tried to get it to start there but still learning.

Flash Flooding, SE Queensland – Nine News, January 24th, 2012.
Pullen Pullen Creek
Interesting to see the water flow quite quickly and it's a smallish creek by the looks of it.
I think I am fully convinced after seeing the power of the water in action that Allison in my mind anyway was washed down to where she was found. **Im not as skeptical now** I have today learnt that skeptical is spelt with a "k" not a "c" as in one of my previous posts.:laugh: at myself.
Now this flood was in Jan 2012, i'm guessing the water table would be pretty high with all the water running over the land not being able to be soaked in to the ground and then just becomes water flowing overland. Very interesting subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214