Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cyansea...no we're not allowed to post from someone's private FB page if it's not related to the case. If it belonged to a MSM facebook page it would be fine to post a link to it.

Thanks marlywings, makes perfect sense. I should have known that. I guess I got excited and then my brain cells go on holiday.
The you tube vid I uploaded gives some idea of how quickly creeks can rise, even smallish ones and it is better anyway to see them in action as opposed to still images.
It just gives us who aren't locals a better idea as well. The locals would no doubt be very familiar with the floods. Bless them apart from you know who.
:jail:

Thanks marlywings, makes perfect sense. I should have known that. I guess I got excited and then my brain cells go on holiday.
The you tube vid I uploaded gives some idea of how quickly creeks can rise, even smallish ones and it is better anyway to see them in action as opposed to still images.
It just gives us who aren't locals a better idea as well. The locals would no doubt be very familiar with the floods. Bless them apart from you know who.
:jail:

Water can be cleansing or devastating. I won't forget last year. And we will so need the fieries this year, bless them.

I don't comment often, but think of Allison often. And I don't know her. My heart aches for her babies *advertiser censored*

**Im not as skeptical now** I have today learnt that skeptical is spelt with a "k" not a "c" as in one of my previous posts.

Sceptical is good! It's only skeptical in the US.

I don't comment often, but think of Allison often. And I don't know her. My heart aches for her babies *advertiser censored*

I am so glad to read your comment Lolly, thanks.

I am so within this zone too, thinking of Allison often, yet whilst finding myself :silenced: still.

We continue staying in the centre of this confusing outcome we have witnessed with very 'short of how come' logic that public reason is continuously needing.

I am also interested in Allison's will. It was apparently made in 1997 before they were married. This is called a will "made in contemplation of marriage" and remains valid after the marriage. The will has to state specifically that it is made in contemplation of marriage to XYZ. If a will is made that is not stated to be in contemplation of marriage then the legal marriage makes that will completely invalid regardless of who is executor or beneficiary in it.

I have done wills for couples about to get married and they do it because they don't want have to worry about doing it after the wedding and before they go away, particularly overseas. Any will they may have previously had will be revoked by the marriage. A couple of weeks prior to getting married my spouse and I did wills in contemplation of marriage to each other. We had been together for years before we got married and owned assets together and had made wills appointing each other executor and beneficiary. However those wills would have been invalidated on our marriage. We have done a few updated wills since as kids came along and our assets changed but some people don't get around to updating their wills.

In the attached link, it states that GBC and ABC married on 23 August 1997 and then travelled overseas. Though we don't know how long after their wedding that they left for overseas.

http://www.news.com.au/national-old...bail-application/story-e6frfkvr-1226410326970

So it was prudent of them to make their wills in contemplation of marriage. We know that Allison appointed GBC her executor and beneficiary. She appointed her father the alternate executor and I guess ( but I haven't heard specifically) that any children yet to be born were backup beneficiaries with probably family members as second backup beneficiaries. GBC's will was likely done at the same time and likely a mirror image of Allison's.

There must have been no evidence of Allison having done a later will, otherwise
it would have been mentioned at Mr Dickie's application to be appointed administrator as the alternate executor named in her will.
If Allison had done another will say on the quiet, someone would know. Either a lawyer who did it or even if she bought a will kit from the newsagent or used a will online service, she would have needed 2 witnesses. I expect they would have been trusted friends. To me it sounds like no one has come forward with any info about this happening so I don't think it happened. Even if GBC had found it and destroyed it, the witnesses would have come forward.

It is a very interesting scenario now from a legal point of view. Mr Dickie has to administer Allison's estate and then hold it on trust pending the outcome of GBC's trial. If he is acquitted he then gets it, if convicted I am guessing the girls are the beneficiaries. In my opinion GBC can consent in the meantime to distributions being made to the girls from the estate as gifts out of his possible entitlement to be paid to their carers to be used for their living expenses. If he has his daughters interests at heart he will do this. It will be very interesting to see if this does happen. On the reverse scenario, as the girls are all under legal age, they do not have the capacity to consent to gifts being made to GBC out of their possible entitlement.

At some point when Allison's estate assets and liabilities are ascertained, this will I am sure be something that Mr Dickie will formally ask GBC through lawyers to consent to.

Thanks for this alioop. You've answered many questions and raised some new ones. Awesome post! :woohoo:

I am also interested in Allison's will. It was apparently made in 1997 before they were married. This is called a will "made in contemplation of marriage" and remains valid after the marriage. The will has to state specifically that it is made in contemplation of marriage to XYZ. If a will is made that is not stated to be in contemplation of marriage then the legal marriage makes that will completely invalid regardless of who is executor or beneficiary in it... In the attached link, it states that GBC and ABC married on 23 August 1997 and then travelled overseas. Though we don't know how long after their wedding that they left for overseas.

http://www.news.com.au/national-old...bail-application/story-e6frfkvr-1226410326970

So it was prudent of them to make their wills in contemplation of marriage. We know that Allison appointed GBC her executor and beneficiary. She appointed her father the alternate executor...

There must have been no evidence of Allison having done a later will, otherwise
it would have been mentioned at Mr Dickie's application to be appointed administrator as the alternate executor named in her will.
If Allison had done another will say on the quiet, someone would know... she would have needed 2 witnesses... Even if GBC had found it and destroyed it, the witnesses would have come forward.

It is a very interesting scenario now from a legal point of view. Mr Dickie has to administer Allison's estate and then hold it on trust pending the outcome of GBC's trial... In my opinion GBC can consent in the meantime to distributions being made to the girls from the estate as gifts out of his possible entitlement to be paid to their carers to be used for their living expenses...

At some point when Allison's estate assets and liabilities are ascertained, this will I am sure be something that Mr Dickie will formally ask GBC through lawyers to consent to.

Alioop thank you for this is a solid contribution to the Thread. It helps us better understand the situation regarding Allison's Will. :goodpost:

Reading through some old posts & came across something that stood my hair on end, when the search was on to find Allison & the Dickies were greiving & begging to the public for help, the police & SES were risking their lives & the BC's escaped from the 'great unwashed' because all was too difficult & wanted ,life to be normal again, (OW) DID THE MISTRESS Go along as well ??? I gather it was TM? What the? It all seems so long ago because so much has happened & keeps-on-happening! Oh I'm floored, again
If this is true then GBC & Allison must have been separated because that doesn't make sense that under the circumstances how would a family want 'the cause' to tag along? either way, innocent or guilty, wouldn't you want to be just a close family unit, HUH? If the girls were attached to TM then maybe she was involved with the every second weekend thing or she already had replaced Allison, just thinking outloud with my keypad.

I don't know if TM went with the BC's on their weekend away but I am certain that the police investigation concluded that GBC and Allison were living together and shared a bedroom. Maybe they were talking separation but it hadn't yet happened.

Sceptical is good! It's only skeptical in the US.

OMG! Thanks Nads, :) I was looking at it with a "c" and it just looked wrong to me.
Then I was reading something on line that had the word "skeptical" and I thought "you idiot you can't even spell". I shouldn't be too scheptical if I can't even spell the word. :floorlaugh:

Water can be cleansing or devastating. I won't forget last year. And we will so need the fieries this year, bless them.

That is so true possumheart!
Hope you all stay safe with the summer coming fires etc. It is such a gorgeous area, absolutely beautiful.

I don't recall seeing this video before. It was published on 2 May 2012 according to the reporter who mentions that Allison's body was found two days earlier.

At about 0:45 in the video the reporter says that it's been reported that Allison may have been sighted at the busy roundabout at the intersection of Moggill and Kenmore Roads. I always took this to be a rumour and had never seen it in MSM until now. Is this the reason why QPS were so fixated on the roundabout? It's frustrating that a time wasn't given for the reported sighting of Allison. Was she sighted on foot, in a car as the driver or a passenger? Was it someone who looked like Allison who was seen as a passenger in one of the family cars? Another blonde perhaps?

I've always wondered why the time-frame for Allison's disappearance was narrowed down to between 11:30pm and 4:00am. Did QPS already have the details from GBC's phone at that stage? We know that the discovery of the face time call came later but the details of when his phone was removed from the charger etc. may well have already been discovered. But why 4:00am? Why not 1:48am when the phone was replaced on the charger?

I know we've done the roundabout to death but it is the one thing that really bugs me in this case.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/8dee6c4d_f2f2_3245_8342_9ae3fb38a5a0/mums-obese-anger/

MOO.

I don't recall seeing this video before. It was published on 2 May 2012 according to the reporter who mentions that Allison's body was found two days earlier.

At about 0:45 in the video the reporter says that it's been reported that Allison may have been sighted at the busy roundabout at the intersection of Moggill and Kenmore Roads. I always took this to be a rumour and had never seen it in MSM until now. Is this the reason why QPS were so fixated on the roundabout? It's frustrating that a time wasn't given for the reported sighting of Allison. Was she sighted on foot, in a car as the driver or a passenger? Was it someone who looked like Allison who was seen as a passenger in one of the family cars? Another blonde perhaps?

I've always wondered why the time-frame for Allison's disappearance was narrowed down to between 11:30pm and 4:00am. Did QPS already have the details from GBC's phone at that stage? We know that the discovery of the face time call came later but the details of when his phone was removed from the charger etc. may well have already been discovered. But why 4:00am? Why not 1:48am when the phone was replaced on the charger?

I know we've done the roundabout to death but it is the one thing that really bugs me in this case.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/8dee6c4d_f2f2_3245_8342_9ae3fb38a5a0/mums-obese-anger/

MOO.

Yep thats always bugged me too. Way back in thread 15 I posted this link and mentioned there was a reported sighting.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7983325#post7983325"]Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15 - Page 23 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Yep thats always bugged me too. Way back in thread 15 I posted this link and mentioned there was a reported sighting.

Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15 - Page 23 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks Amee, so you did. And I even thanked you for it. :floorlaugh: This particular report came though to me as a Google alert today and I'd totally forgotten that you'd posted it ages ago. :blushing:

The reported sighting of Allison and indeed the whole roundabout thing has my head going round and round in circles!

Makara, thanks for linking that video clip as a reminder. Yet for the bail hearing the police said that Allison was last seen by independent witnesses at 6.30pm when she was leaving the hairdressers. So that seems to be in conflict with the report that she may have later been seen at the roundabout. Maybe they investigated the reported sighting at the roundabout and did not find it credible. Just my thoughts as to the inconsistency.

Makara, thanks for linking that video clip as a reminder. Yet for the bail hearing the police said that Allison was last seen by independent witnesses at 6.30pm when she was leaving the hairdressers. So that seems to be in conflict with the report that she may have later been seen at the roundabout. Maybe they investigated the reported sighting at the roundabout and did not find it credible. Just my thoughts as to the inconsistency.

About 6.30pm, Mrs Baden-Clay leaves her local Kenmore hairdresser.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz26tS4eIo6

did Allison go straight home, did she go back out again? not sure she did but the reported sighting has and still bugs me for some reason.
I didnt realise the hairdressers were the last to see her I just thought they knew what time she left there.

Thanks Alioop. I agree, the report of Allison being seen at the roundabout at a later time was probably discounted by QPS. But would the prosecution need to reveal this alleged sighting at a bail hearing?

About 6.30pm, Mrs Baden-Clay leaves her local Kenmore hairdresser.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz26tS4eIo6

did Allison go straight home, did she go back out again? not sure she did but the reported sighting has and still bugs me for some reason.
I didnt realise the hairdressers were the last to see her I just thought they knew what time she left there.

Amee, I feel sure that if anyone else had seen Allison after she left the hairdresser, e.g in the supermarket or wherever, they would have reported it to QPS. Then again, we know that QPS haven't revealed all they know to MSM and quite often MSM get it wrong. :banghead:

The thing that really has me doing this :waitasec: is why the 4:00am cut-off with the time frame. Was GBC actually seen at his house or nearby at 4:00am? Apparently his phone was replaced onto the charger at 1:48am. Maybe he then used his computer to send emails to whoever?

MOO.

IF QPS have stated 4am then you bet there is a reason. I reckon that they have mistress that says - 'well GBC couldn't have done that to Allison because he was at my house from this time till 6 am" If not TM then one of the other 10 floosies he was servicing.

Obviously GBC's time was accounted for during this tiem frame one would assume he must have nipped out for a visit to the mistresses house to keep his credits in the adultery department clicking over. He did have quite a rigorous routine to attend to.

The silence is deafening - I am going to assume that everyone is eating dinner and thinking about my deep and meaningful post.

How did the girls get home that evening? Were they picked up by OW (the nominated BC family rep in the running & cross country stakes) after the cross country and brought to the BC house in Durness st or taken back to their house on Brookfield rd to stay and have quality time with their Aunt? Did Allison need to swing by and pick them up? Cause maybe she had to get some stuff for dinner and stopped by Coles as well.

What was the kids time line in Allisons murder - we know they were home that night but very little else between the hours of 3pm and 8pm. I reckon the police have a fair idea of what the kids were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214