Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The silence is deafening - I am going to assume that everyone is eating dinner and thinking about my deep and meaningful post.

How did the girls get home that evening? Were they picked up by OW (the nominated BC family rep in the running & cross country stakes) after the cross country and brought to the BC house in Durness st or taken back to their house on Brookfield rd to stay and have quality time with their Aunt? Did Allison need to swing by and pick them up? Cause maybe she had to get some stuff for dinner and stopped by Coles as well.

What was the kids time line in Allisons murder - we know they were home that night but very little else between the hours of 3pm and 8pm. I reckon the police have a fair idea of what the kids were doing.

I'm sure they do Liadan, agreed.

Didn't Allison tell the hairdresser that she "had the night off"? I wonder if this means the girls had dinner elsewhere and Allison didn't have to cook - obviously it didn't mean the girls were staying elsewhere though. Interesting. If the girls had dinner with BC seniors, then perhaps GBC brought them home after. If Allison picked them up, then the hairdresser wouldn't have been the last to see her (at 6:30pm) - it would have been BC seniors, OW etc (unless they don't count as far as the police are concerned). Hope I'm making sense....

Thanks Alioop. I agree, the report of Allison being seen at the roundabout at a later time was probably discounted by QPS. But would the prosecution need to reveal this alleged sighting at a bail hearing?

Amee, I feel sure that if anyone else had seen Allison after she left the hairdresser, e.g in the supermarket or wherever, they would have reported it to QPS. Then again, we know that QPS haven't revealed all they know to MSM and quite often MSM get it wrong. :banghead:

The thing that really has me doing this :waitasec: is why the 4:00am cut-off with the time frame. Was GBC actually seen at his house or nearby at 4:00am? Apparently his phone was replaced onto the charger at 1:48am. Maybe he then used his computer to send emails to whoever?

MOO.

Re the 4am timeframe, perhaps it is because of the car sightings at around 4am (from memory) at Anstead? I have always thought the police took those sightings seriously, which is why I'm still convinced there were two cars out that night / morning. Thoughts?

Re the 4am timeframe, perhaps it is because of the car sightings at around 4am (from memory) at Anstead? I have always thought the police took those sightings seriously, which is why I'm still convinced there were two cars out that night / morning. Thoughts?

Yes Thinking, you're right. So did GBC return home, put his phone back on the charger and then head out again? Perhaps to move Allison's body to a more secluded hiding spot or to drive his accomplice(s) home? Whatever happened, it sounds like GBC didn't get much sleep that night and must have looked like shyte in the morning, complete with scratches on his face.

Too cute!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8373058&postcount=1595"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Chit Chat and Banter[/ame]

Wow Thinking thanks for the reply! I would imagine the police would have needed to have a movement timeframe for everyone inovled on that Thursday/Friday nite. It would be incredibly interesting to know the movements of OW as well. I wonder how many times she was questioned.

And OW as a devoted sister to GBC and sort of being a visitor to her parents you would think that she would volunteer to help out with anything that required the parents to leave the house. By this I mean say hypothetically, GBC called his Dad to take him to the doctors, OW staying with her mum and dad would volunteer to take GBC to the doctors rather than let her elderly parents leave the home. So I am wondering if there was any shenanigans going on in the house that night where OW wasn't involved rather than questioning if she was involved. I believe it is more likely that she would know every damn detail of what happened to Allison. And would have definitely been present for the face time call.

Yes Thinking, you're right. So did GBC return home, put his phone back on the charger and then head out again? Perhaps to move Allison's body to a more secluded hiding spot or to drive his accomplice(s) home? Whatever happened, it sounds like GBC didn't get much sleep that night and must have looked like shyte in the morning, complete with scratches on his face.

Thanks makara :) Yes I doubt he slept at all! Wasn't there also action with the charger around 6-630am or so?

I don't recall seeing this video before. It was published on 2 May 2012 according to the reporter who mentions that Allison's body was found two days earlier.

At about 0:45 in the video the reporter says that it's been reported that Allison may have been sighted at the busy roundabout at the intersection of Moggill and Kenmore Roads. I always took this to be a rumour and had never seen it in MSM until now. Is this the reason why QPS were so fixated on the roundabout? It's frustrating that a time wasn't given for the reported sighting of Allison. Was she sighted on foot, in a car as the driver or a passenger? Was it someone who looked like Allison who was seen as a passenger in one of the family cars? Another blonde perhaps?

I've always wondered why the time-frame for Allison's disappearance was narrowed down to between 11:30pm and 4:00am. Did QPS already have the details from GBC's phone at that stage? We know that the discovery of the face time call came later but the details of when his phone was removed from the charger etc. may well have already been discovered. But why 4:00am? Why not 1:48am when the phone was replaced on the charger?

I know we've done the roundabout to death but it is the one thing that really bugs me in this case.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/8dee6c4d_f2f2_3245_8342_9ae3fb38a5a0/mums-obese-anger/

MOO.

SES are looking up the LUC in the video. I haven't seen this video before, even though I thanked your original post Amee - thanks for posting it Makara. :)

SES are looking up the LUC in the video. I haven't seen this video before, thanks Makara. :)

Sorry for my ignorance but who/ what are the LUC? Probably a dumb question!

Morning all! WE are getting closer to the 24th - I wonder what snippets of info will be revealed from MSM for the court on this day. Alioop for my complete ignorance of the proceedings of the justice system and inability to retain any information about it- this day will set his trial date? -unless there is not enough evidence to proceed? What sort of stuff will the prosecution present to support their claim and also what will the defense do? This question is 'how long is piece of string' but what sort of info do you think will be put forward? And now at this point will the affidavits be available for public viewing or simply to buy at their discretion?

And dear Doc Watson what sort of stuff would cause the brain to decompose faster than the rest of the body - was it like shaken baby syndrome. Her brain was quite battered before she was deposited in her final location hence the faster decomposition. I read that book by Lyle from cover to cover and couldn't make any in roads in to this statement. Not being medical probably didn't help! (Do you think some of it went over my head - ummm you would be CORRECT!!!!!)

And a question to the poster who seems to know about the movements of the BC family - are there any signs of OW staying at Durness St have the parents returned? Are the parents living in Durness st again or still in the other sons house on the Northside?

The issue of the sale of the Paradise Pt property has died in the media so does anyone know what is going on with that. Could it have settled? Are there new owners - who are these owners? A consortium of BC supporters?

I just travelled inbound over Kholo crossing and the police are at the bridge. 1 marked van and 1 unmarked van.

Hello everyone,
am looking forward to the 24th like everyone else.
Hope Gerard has been having a miserable time....looking at all the beauty
that Spring brings and Allison will never be able to enjoy that again.

Oh I hope he is sad and depressed and scared and hopeless.

His crime cannot be forgiven...

Hi everyone - I do recall that this point was discussed in an earlier thread, but I'm not sure that a conclusion was reached.

This 1:48am return of the phone to charger, could very well have been the charger in the car while GBC was out and about yes? It doesn't necessarily mean he was home at 1:48am - does anyone disagree?

Thanks Alioop. I agree, the report of Allison being seen at the roundabout at a later time was probably discounted by QPS. But would the prosecution need to reveal this alleged sighting at a bail hearing?

Amee, I feel sure that if anyone else had seen Allison after she left the hairdresser, e.g in the supermarket or wherever, they would have reported it to QPS. Then again, we know that QPS haven't revealed all they know to MSM and quite often MSM get it wrong. :banghead:

MOO.

Makara, whilst the prosecution don't have to reveal all the evidence for the bail hearing, they can't be misleading in what they do reveal. So if they say as we know they did, in the court brief that the last sighting of Allison by independent witnesses was at 6.30pm then that must be the situation as known to the police at the time of the bail hearing. So I think it doubtful that they could have verified any later sighting of Allison other than by any BC's. This statement only refers to sightings of Allison though, her car may have been seen later, or someone may have spoken to her, or been emailed or texted by her after 6.30pm.

Forensic examination of GBC's phone shows it was connected to a charger at 8.29pm on thurs 19 April. At 8.45pm it was removed from the charger. At 12.30 am his phone was used to make a facetime call to NBC's iPhone. At 1.48am on Friday 20 April it was connected to a charger. At 6.18 am it was removed from the charger. First text sent to Allison at 6.20am.

I am in no way good with technical stuff, but I would guess that connected or disconnected to a charger really means connected to or disconnected from a power source. The charger itself is not a power source but a means of obtaining power. So bearing this in mind can we interpret the above like this:-

8.29 connected to a power source, possibly in a car, to a computer or a power point at home or elsewhere.
8.45 removed from whatever that power source was. It was only charging for 16 minutes. Maybe it was charging in the car during a quick trip in the car somewhere. Maybe a drive through kenmore roundabout to get petrol or milk or some errand that only was a 16 minute drive one way? Or maybe he was at home and made a call, text or email or used the internet so he took it off the charger and didn't put it back on?

1.48am connected to a power source after 5 hours being off the charger. If that power connection was in the car then when he stopped the car it would have shown as being disconnected from the power source. But that wasn't shown until 6.18am ( 2 minutes before his first text to Allison at 6.20 am). So either he was out in the car with the phone charging or perhaps in a car with phone attached to a computer using its battery power source ( unlikely) for a bit under 5 hours. Or he could have been out then come home and left the phone in the car on the accessories with the key remaining in the ignition and then turned off the car and unplugged the phone at 6.18. ( unlikely) .
I say unlikely because I think the last thing he would have been thinking was the record on his phone of it going on and off a charger. He like most of us wouldn't even know his phone kept a record of that and he never thought he would be a suspect and have his phone forensically examined.

So I think it likely that he was at home at 1.48am and put his phone on the charger to a power point. It stayed there til 6.18 am when he removed it from the charger and texted Alison. So if he went out after 1.48 am he didn't take his phone with him because he would have had to remove it from the home charger to do that. More likely it is that he was aware that his phone location could be tracked by an app so he didn't take it with him to dispose of Allison's body.

So if he had no phone in the car with him and if he had another car helping him, then communication would have been a bit difficult between vehicles. Maybe they stopped say at the Anstead shops for a chat?

I would be interested to hear what anyone else thinks about all this stuff.

Morning all! WE are getting closer to the 24th - I wonder what snippets of info will be revealed from MSM for the court on this day. Alioop for my complete ignorance of the proceedings of the justice system and inability to retain any information about it- this day will set his trial date? -unless there is not enough evidence to proceed? What sort of stuff will the prosecution present to support their claim and also what will the defense do? This question is 'how long is piece of string' but what sort of info do you think will be put forward? And now at this point will the affidavits be available for public viewing or simply to buy at their discretion?

Liadan, the mention on Monday is another procedural date where the magistrate will check the progress of the prosecution handing over all the outstanding evidence to the defence. If there is still any outstanding then it will likely be adjourned to another date for the magistrate to then check on that date if there is nothing outstanding. Hopefully at Monday's mention everything will have been done that had to be done. If it is I don't think a date for the committal is decided on Monday. I think it happens further down the track when the defence have had a chance to examine all the material and they can then say what their client pleads. If the plea is guilty then it goes straight to sentencing. If not guilty then a committal date is set. If at the committal the magistrate finds that there is sufficient evidence to likely convict , then it goes to trial in the Supreme Court some time later when it can be fit into the busy court calendar.

Re evidence at the committal, the prosecution will present witnesses who answer questions then can be cross examined by the defence. They would have already done statements but these aren't usually available to the public as they are not filed in the court. The committal will usually be open to the public. Same thing re a trial.

Forensic examination of GBC's phone shows it was connected to a charger at 8.29pm on thurs 19 April. At 8.45pm it was removed from the charger. At 12.30 am his phone was used to make a facetime call to NBC's iPhone. At 1.48am on Friday 20 April it was connected to a charger. At 6.18 am it was removed from the charger. First text sent to Allison at 6.20am.

I am in no way good with technical stuff, but I would guess that connected or disconnected to a charger really means connected to or disconnected from a power source. The charger itself is not a power source but a means of obtaining power. So bearing this in mind can we interpret the above like this:-

8.29 connected to a power source, possibly in a car, to a computer or a power point at home or elsewhere.
8.45 removed from whatever that power source was. It was only charging for 16 minutes. Maybe it was charging in the car during a quick trip in the car somewhere. Maybe a drive through kenmore roundabout to get petrol or milk or some errand that only was a 16 minute drive one way? Or maybe he was at home and made a call, text or email or used the internet so he took it off the charger and didn't put it back on?

1.48am connected to a power source after 5 hours being off the charger. If that power connection was in the car then when he stopped the car it would have shown as being disconnected from the power source. But that wasn't shown until 6.18am ( 2 minutes before his first text to Allison at 6.20 am). So either he was out in the car with the phone charging or perhaps in a car with phone attached to a computer using its battery power source ( unlikely) for a bit under 5 hours. Or he could have been out then come home and left the phone in the car on the accessories with the key remaining in the ignition and then turned off the car and unplugged the phone at 6.18. ( unlikely) .
I say unlikely because I think the last thing he would have been thinking was the record on his phone of it going on and off a charger. He like most of us wouldn't even know his phone kept a record of that and he never thought he would be a suspect and have his phone forensically examined.

So I think it likely that he was at home at 1.48am and put his phone on the charger to a power point. It stayed there til 6.18 am when he removed it from the charger and texted Alison. So if he went out after 1.48 am he didn't take his phone with him because he would have had to remove it from the home charger to do that. More likely it is that he was aware that his phone location could be tracked by an app so he didn't take it with him to dispose of Allison's body.

So if he had no phone in the car with him and if he had another car helping him, then communication would have been a bit difficult between vehicles. Maybe they stopped say at the Anstead shops for a chat?

I would be interested to hear what anyone else thinks about all this stuff.

Ali, I think you're spot on with this hypothesis. It will be interesting to see what the phone records reveal for the other BC's. Did GBC take Allison's phone with him that night (IMO he did) and perhaps one of the BC's contacted him on that phone? I sincerely hope that QPS did in fact find Allison's phone. I think it would hold a wealth of information.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member