Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uggghhhh I watched it, I shouldn't have! His voice, his mannerisms, HIM!

'Thank you. I'm sorry.'

What are you sorry for GBC?!????

Oh god, I wish I hadn't watched that again. That is the best (worst?) example of simpering I have ever seen.

Ohhh then there's this video I just watched again...

May 2, 2012

@.43 in the vid...."they also believe that she may have been sighted at one of the busiest intersections in Brisbane's west. That's a roundabout on Moggil & Kenmore Roads"...listen to Inspector Ainsworth...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSeuKoFHg-A"]Police searching for Baden-Clay killer - YouTube[/ame]

So I don't know if his rent roll has since been sold, it probably has to another real estate agent at a discount.

So as to what GBC's current financial position is, I can only guess that it is massively in debt even after the sale of the rent roll. He surely would have nothing left after paying whatever he had for legal fees.

Alioop I can remember in the thread just after or round about when GBC was arrested that someone was looking after the rent roll but they only had a few properties left on it. (link plse someone) If that's the case then he must have sold it. There's that $67,000 of marginal shares he sold prior to arrest as well. The $58,000 was what he owed his parents wasn't it? Or is that a coincidence (I don't believe in coincidences where slippery eels are concerned).

Alioop I can remember in the thread just after or round about when GBC was arrested that someone was looking after the rent roll but they only had a few properties left on it. (link plse someone) If that's the case then he must have sold it. There's that $67,000 of marginal shares he sold prior to arrest as well. The $58,000 was what he owed his parents wasn't it? Or is that a coincidence (I don't believe in coincidences where slippery eels are concerned).

June 23, 2012 (first bail hearing)

When Allison disappeared, the police argued, Baden-Clay was $1 million in debt.

Of that, $275,000 was owed to friends in "gentlemen's agreements", $200,000 to a former business partner, $335,000 as guarantor on a mortgage, $45,000 on a credit card, $75,000 to the CEO of Century 21, various business loans and police allege $58,000 to his parents, Nigel and Elaine.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...d-in-court-claim/story-e6freoof-1226405967381

There's a bit of discussion about rent roll back in thread #7, starting around post #432

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7912064&highlight=rent+roll+properties#post7912064

Also thread #13, from post #185

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7963856&highlight=rent+roll+properties#post7963856

Ohhh then there's this video I just watched again...

May 2, 2012

@.43 in the vid...."they also believe that she may have been sighted at one of the busiest intersections in Brisbane's west. That's a roundabout on Moggil & Kenmore Roads"...listen to Inspector Ainsworth...

Erin Edwards made a mistake there. There's no roundabout on Moggill and Kenmore Road. But the one she IS referring to is the one at the intersection of Moggill and BROOKFIELD Road - which is made clear by Mark Ainsworth just after that.

Looking at the pic of GBCs 'shaving incident' I'm trying to figure out how long it is. The pic is hard to see, but am I seeing the length from roughly 1.5cm to 5cm where the ruler is used? I just had a look at my husband's shaver and the blade is 3cm long so would be interested to know.

Also, if a shaver cut the crap out of me like his apparently did, I would be binning it straight away. Why keep it and face another dealing with it? Mmmm...

Looking at the pic of GBCs 'shaving incident' I'm trying to figure out how long it is. The pic is hard to see, but am I seeing the length from roughly 1.5cm to 5cm where the ruler is used? I just had a look at my husband's shaver and the blade is 3cm long so would be interested to know.

Also, if a shaver cut the crap out of me like his apparently did, I would be binning it straight away. Why keep it and face another dealing with it? Mmmm...

Alicat - to get "shaving cuts" like the ones shown in those photos would be almost impossible with a Gillette Mach III razor. I use one. And the length of the cuts in the photos conform to the direction of the shaving stroke DOWN the face - but to cut yourself with a Mach III you'd need to slide it SIDEWAYS. And even then - you'd be lucky to get even a very superficial scratch.

I'd agree with the forensic expert who looked at those photos - there's no way they were caused by shaving!

Yes, that's exactly what I'm getting at. I wouldn't have thought there'd be many left at all, so value would be pretty low. That's why I can't figure out why the defence would be able to factor that in to his financial situation. Perhaps it would have been a reasonable asset before this, but after...?

He would need a good amount of properties to sell the rent roll, if he only had say 10 he would be lucky to get $10 000 with the business in trouble.

Alicat - to get "shaving cuts" like the ones shown in those photos would be almost impossible with a Gillette Mach III razor. I use one. And the length of the cuts in the photos conform to the direction of the shaving stroke DOWN the face - but to cut yourself with a Mach III you'd need to slide it SIDEWAYS. And even then - you'd be lucky to get even a very superficial scratch.

I'd agree with the forensic expert who looked at those photos - there's no way they were caused by shaving!

Great, thank you for that! :)

Whenever I revisit Allison's thread, I am really struck everyone time by how much of a bumbling idiot he was. He's so inept, it must be driving his family crazy that he was as crap at murder as he was at his business ventures and life.

I am so rapt his bail hearing cost him 50k. And we got some more information about his idiocy out of it, so money well spent afaiac.

I am looking forward to see who goes down with him, bwana or the minister's wife.

Lots of good points and I agree with your friend's estimate of the cost of the bail application. Regarding the part that I have bolded about GBC's debt, from my understanding of hearing it discussed in court is that when the forensic accounting was done, it showed that at the time of Allison's death that they had plenty of debt but that when the paper value of his rent roll was offset against the debt that the amount of actual debt was $58,000. But they didn't have the cash for the value of the rent roll, if they did they would not have been for eg maxed out on the credit cards or GBC crying to get a loan. So I don't know if his rent roll has since been sold, it probably has to another real estate agent at a discount.

So as to what GBC's current financial position is, I can only guess that it is massively in debt even after the sale of the rent roll. He surely would have nothing left after paying whatever he had for legal fees.

But, how is he able to go into more debt?? He's a poor candidate for a loan; his legal team wouldn't work pro bono or for an IOU; and he's probably maxed out his credit cards already.

Also, how stupid would a person have to be to continue gouging 2 long chunks out of their face after the initial "ouch"??

Uggghhhh I watched it, I shouldn't have! His voice, his mannerisms, HIM!

'Thank you. I'm sorry.'

What are you sorry for GBC?!????

WHY did I watch that again? Just a little bit sick in my mouth now.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm getting at. I wouldn't have thought there'd be many left at all, so value would be pretty low. That's why I can't figure out why the defence would be able to factor that in to his financial situation. Perhaps it would have been a reasonable asset before this, but after...?

I think that the purpose of the forensic accounting was to look at their finances before Allison went missing because financial gain from Allison's life insurances is what the police allege is one of his motives for murder. So it doesn't matter what the value of the rent roll ended up being after all the publicity or even if it ended up being worth anything. A value for the accounting purposes would have been ascertained at a date say 17th March 2012 as well as any other assets and liabilities they had at that time.

It is interesting that the $58,000 net debt position that the forensic accountant calculated is exactly the same amount as the police believed he owed his parents. It would be very unlikely to look at a person's debts and assets in a variety of assets and loans including interest payments etc and get an amount that exactly matched one of the loans. I think it is a coincidence.

But, how is he able to go into more debt?? He's a poor candidate for a loan; his legal team wouldn't work pro bono or for an IOU; and he's probably maxed out his credit cards already.

He personally would not be able to borrow money from a financial institution in his current circumstances. No job for starters. Other people have to be paying his legal fees or maybe legal aid is already involved. I think he would qualify for it on the means test. His barrister does legal aid work though his solicitors don't normally. I got this info by ringing their receptionists and asking if they did legal aid.

any ideas how much it has cost them so far and what its going to cost in total?
would the police still have the Captiva impounded as it was leased what would happen there?

If the first bail hearing cost them say $30,000 according to OW's request for money, and if the second cost $50,000 as per a recent post, that's $80,000. At least double or triple that for other stuff to date. Committal at least $100,000 probably more. Trial, well I am sure legal aid will be paying by then, otherwise several hundred thousand.

The police would still have the captiva as it is evidence. They would just tell the finance company they can't have it. Maybe the finance company's insurance covers their loss here.

Back in the saddle again, with our boyo Gerard and the Skull crew. Its been nice to think of Gerard in remand all this time, and more to come. Oh well.

The interesting bits for me. Toni goes to the police THE DAY Allison is reported missing. She must have known she was saying faretheewell to the $200,000.00 she lent him, which she had probably borrowed in turn. So all through that search you can bet the SE's and the fireies knew what they were looking for.

The third woman, just from memory , could be that one from Belle real estate, in Brissy somewhere, she had a very long chin, mother of 2 ( her face book said,
" I just love being a mother!!") blonde, sometimes referred to actually as Chinwoman at various times, on various blogs.

Back in the saddle again, with our boyo Gerard and the Skull crew. Its been nice to think of Gerard in remand all this time, and more to come. Oh well.

The interesting bits for me. Toni goes to the police THE DAY Allison is reported missing. She must have known she was saying faretheewell to the $200,000.00 she lent him, which she had probably borrowed in turn. So all through that search you can bet the SE's and the fireies knew what they were looking for.

The third woman, just from memory , could be that one from Belle real estate, in Brissy somewhere, she had a very long chin, mother of 2 ( her face book said,
" I just love being a mother!!") blonde, sometimes referred to actually as Chinwoman at various times, on various blogs.

Good to see you again...its been too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul