Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropping by cuz Allison is on my mind. :tears: I continue to hope and pray for justice!

504608-allison-baden-clay.jpg

www.photobucket.com

To those who are planning on going on Monday and maybe even keeping us updated... any chance you can put up your twitter handle so that we can follow you? (Is that allowed Marly?)
TIA

I'm not Marly but that is allowed, as long as the member says it's okay. In all circumstances we allow mainstream media Twitter - just an FYI.

Will do my best to get there on Monday too. The more of us who show up, better chance of one of us getting a seat I think?

I have been here since day one. I have wanted justice for Allison as much as anyone of you but I'm going through weird feelings on this courtcase. Is anybody else feeling what I'm going through? I don't know how to explain it but I'm actually feeling scared and anxious about this. The excitement has ebbed and now I'm kinda feeling fear or dread. I guess I'm fearful of justice not being served and I actually am readying myself because IF/MAYBE he eventually walks free I know I will be a basketcase & will therapy (or something). It's crunch time...it's like I've been training for the last year and now the big race is on.
Anyone else feeling similar? Hopefull tomorrow I'l feel differently.
Please don't put me down with my feelings here as I'm wanting to share my thoughts?

I have been here since day one. I have wanted justice for Allison as much as anyone of you but I'm going through weird feelings on this courtcase. Is anybody else feeling what I'm going through? I don't know how to explain it but I'm actually feeling scared and anxious about this. The excitement has ebbed and now I'm kinda feeling fear or dread. I guess I'm fearful of justice not being served and I actually am readying myself because IF/MAYBE he eventually walks free I know I will be a basketcase & will therapy (or something). It's crunch time...it's like I've been training for the last year and now the big race is on.
Please don't put me down with my feelings here as I'm wanting to share my thoughts?

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. We will all be going through this here together so if you need anything or want to talk about your feelings I think you should. Hang in there they'll get you, I think most of us are feeling just like you. I feel anxious for everyone that is touched by this. Most of all though I feel for the 3 girls and Mr and Mrs Dickie. May they find the strength for what they are about to endure.

Wasn't there talk from Hawkins early on that the girls said something "odd" to the police.

yes, i remember that, he also said we would probably be shocked at what comes out at the trial? or something to that effect?

Yes indeed I am hearing you. I have also been here from the very beginning. Hubby and I went to Uganda tracking for mountain gorillas (bucket list) shortly after the loss of this dear lady. I know this is going to sound awfully strange, I was equally glad to get back to my computer to get further information in hope that the perp would be found. Consequently my husband thinks I am totally nuts!!!! You guys are intelligent, considerate, enlightening, I am humbled. I am stacking the fridge with Vodka Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday xx

When children experience a trauma such as this I imagine they are given ongoing therapy, would any information gained from these sessions be permitted in court or would there be privacy laws for children due to them being under age to consent to this being publicly known. I feel information on their family life prior to the trama would be crucial. I pray they feel safety and contentment in their lives with loving nurturing grandparents who are grieving as well.

I imagine the best therapy for the Dickies would be to sit and hug their daughter's babies.

Couldn't agree with you more on that one!!!! Very anxious about what's going to happen!!! But also hopeful that justice will prevail!!! And praying like mad that the prosecution has a lot more info than we know about!!! So glad some of you sleuthers are going to be there next week! I would love to go also, but rosters to work all 3 of those days, damn it :(

My thoughts are that:

Forensic evidence may exist which can provide the cause of Allison's death and any interference with her body and may be enough hard evidence against GBC.

BUT ...... just say that all of the circumstantial evidence that the Prosecution has isn't seen by the Magistrate to be sufficient to commit GBC to trial, then:

. surely the suicide theory would have to be either 'torn to shreds' or be substantiated with sufficient evidence which is not just circumstantial;

If that suicide theory cannot be supported by sufficient credible evidence, then:

. the questions remain:
- who delivered Allison's body to the Kholo Creek bridge? - SOMEBODY KNOWS!!!
. why was her body there? (GBC may have the answer)
. was it because she suicided at home? (GBC would have the answer - Yes/No)
. was it because she was accidently killed? (GBC would have the answer- Yes/No )
. was she murdered by GBC? (GBC would have the answer - Yes/No)
. was she murdered by someone other than GBC? (GBC may have the answer) ...back to square-one for Detectives.

In the absence of another person (accomplice) being found/named, and with all of this reasoning, then surely there is very good justification for taking the most likely person, GBC, to trial ........ he would still be 'innocent' until found GUILTY.

JMO ...... in trying to pre-empt what might have to be considered by the Magistrate.

My thoughts are that:

Forensic evidence may exist which can provide the cause of Allison's death and any interference with her body and may be enough hard evidence against GBC.

BUT ...... just say that all of the circumstantial evidence that the Prosecution has isn't seen by the Magistrate to be sufficient to commit GBC to trial, then:

. surely the suicide theory would have to be either 'torn to shreds' or be substantiated with sufficient evidence which is not just circumstantial;

If that suicide theory cannot be supported by sufficient credible evidence, then:

. the questions remain:
- who delivered Allison's body to the Kholo Creek bridge? - SOMEBODY KNOWS!!!
. why was her body there? (GBC may have the answer)
. was it because she suicided at home? (GBC would have the answer - Yes/No)
. was it because she was accidently killed? (GBC would have the answer- Yes/No )
. was she murdered by GBC? (GBC would have the answer - Yes/No)
. was she murdered by someone other than GBC? (GBC may have the answer) ...back to square-one for Detectives.

In the absence of another person (accomplice) being found/named, and with all of this reasoning, then surely there is very good justification for taking the most likely person, GBC, to trial ........ he would still be 'innocent' until found GUILTY.

JMO ...... in trying to pre-empt what might have to be considered by the Magistrate.

I have been following here for many moon, like many of you but haven't posted much. It's my understanding at the committal hearing that the Magistrate has to determine whether a jury COULD find GBC guilty of the charges, not necessarily that they WOULD. Personally, I would be extremely surprised if the case doesn't go to trial.

I have been following here for many moon, like many of you but haven't posted much. It's my understanding at the committal hearing that the Magistrate has to determine whether a jury COULD find GBC guilty of the charges, not necessarily that they WOULD. Personally, I would be extremely surprised if the case doesn't go to trial.

Anemone, do you think that will happen just with the evidence as we know it, or are you banking on the Prosecution producing more evidence that you have a hunch that they have?
I have a hunch that they have more evidence, despite the Defence claim that it is not sufficient, but I feel that the trick for them would be to reveal enough, but not too much until the trial.

Anemone, do you think that will happen just with the evidence as we know it, or are you banking on the Prosecution producing more evidence that you have a hunch that they have?
I have a hunch that they have more evidence, despite the Defence claim that it is not sufficient, but I feel that the trick for them would be to reveal enough, but not too much until the trial.

I believe the Prosecution have far more evidence than we know about. To this point, all they have had to address was why GBC should be held without being released on bail. That is all they were required to do.

I believe the Crown have enough evidence to satisfy the Magistrate that GBC should stand trial, so that the evidence can be tested in a court of law before a jury. The defence will always argue that there's insufficient evidence, that's their role in this.

Personally, I think we are in for some real eye openers in the coming two weeks. I firmly believe that GBC will be committed to trial. We have speculated and 'sleuthed' and weighed it all up, but at the end of the day we have little information which I think, is about to be revealed. Bring it on!

Wish I could go to the Court but I start work at 7.30am in Brookfield.

Wish I could go to the Court but I start work at 7.30am in Brookfield.

kiwijayne, I always remember that you were the first poster on this thread ..... "This lady is missing less than 1km from my house" ..... "I would go and search myself but I only moved here 5 months ago so unfamiliar with the area and I had a fall last week and have 2 broken toes. So you can imagine it is hard for me to walk long distances. We have been around and searched our property though."

We've come a long way since then ..... shed tears ...... lost sleep ...... become angry ...... experienced some relief ..... and now the build-up to seeing the perpetrator brought to trial.

kiwijayne, I always remember that you were the first poster on this thread ..... "This lady is missing less than 1km from my house" ..... "I would go and search myself but I only moved here 5 months ago so unfamiliar with the area and I had a fall last week and have 2 broken toes. So you can imagine it is hard for me to walk long distances. We have been around and searched our property though."

We've come a long way since then ..... shed tears ...... lost sleep ...... become angry ...... experienced some relief ..... and now the build-up to seeing the perpetrator brought to trial.

I remember that. Since then my partner finally moved over to join me and we moved house. Such a long time ago but the memory of those first days will stay with me. The police/SES searching all around, then the suspicion of the husband( the car crash, the scratches and the mistress), her body being found and now justice for her and her family.

The defence team would have all 433 statements. One cannot in a demoncratic society withhold statements from the accused. He has a right to defend himself and receive a fair trial. This is not achieved by "blindsiding" him with new information at trial. I believe both the prosecution and defence agreed on the witnesses that would be examined at committal. Just because the majority may believe GBC is guilty, this does not negate the principles of due process and receiving a fair trial.

I know what you mean, and there's nothing wrong with how you feel. I bet a lot of us are feeling the same. I know I've often let my thoughts wander to "oh no, what if he gets off?" and it horrifies me.
What you're feeling is totally normal and shows that you care, and that's lovely.
With myself, I think those feelings of'what if' come from being so sure he's going to go down that in the end you begin to think 'but what if he doesn't?".

It's like it gets scarier the closer we get.

But you know what? I think he's going down!! IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member