Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't behave, Marlywings pulls her magic wand and we go to the sin bin for a few days ;) .. but we love her!

I've learnt the hard way....240 volts send through my PC & into my temples is something you remember! I won't do that again Marly

NOoo NOOO not the koppers logs again.
:please:

and Toni resi
Hello Estelle Welcome

Yes Allison did know about Toni McHugh - she was told by another mother at the school her daughters attended. Allison went to work in the Real Estate office "owned" by Gerard, and Toni McHugh resigned immediately. She was also aware that the relationship had been rekindled.

Allison knew that it was on again? Really?

I joined WS recently, but lurked here from the time Allison went missing.

I've noticed how respectful and courteous all members are to each other, what a pleasure it is to come in to read and follow all you sleuths in action.

Thanks!
Yes I agree. We can have a respectuful discussion with differing points of view. I think we all recognise, the ultimate decision will be made by a jury. I personally still have a number of aspects of this case that make no sense to me and reading the discussion helps clarify some of those points. Its great to hear differing points of view so I can then make my opinions more informed.I think we owe a big thanks to Marly for keeping us on track. Having been the victim of personal attacks on other blogs for stating my personal opinion, I feel safer here.

More than any other death reported by the media this one has personally touched me. I never knew Alison and hope that her death has not been in vain. If, through her tragedy, she inspires women in dysfunctional marriages to seperate and move on that can be a positive legacy.

Just on the clothing issue, I think most unlikely that they were clothes belonging to anyone other than Allison. I agree with a lot of the posters that there are times looser clothing is preferred. Or something bought turns out to be slightly different than expected. Or that they were on sale, looked reasonably OK held up in front of you and who cares?
In the first interview GBC was asked what Al was wearing and said, of the pants "thry're like three-quarter length things. ".... "they're, her daggy old..."
What tickled me was that he then said "she bought some new Lorna Jane ones in black"..."But they're here"
I must be the queen of dag then coz I wouldn't know Lorna Jane if she bit me. How did he? Hardly relevant I expect unless they argued over the cost.
The autopsy described A as being 170cm tall (that's around 5ft 7 inches) and weight 72 kilos. But I am not sure if that was the (excuse me) weight of the body, or if they got that from her medical records. If the latter, then 72k is slightly chunky, not a size 12, and GBC said she was occasionally doing these walks to lose a little weight.
The only other thing I'd add is that, I might bung on some oversized daggy gear at home to do whatever, or even stay in for bed, but I wouldn't stay in the same gear and then get up and go for a walk in the morning, I'd have a shower even if it meant having another one when I got home?

"Mummy fell down a hole and probably won't be back" it makes me shudder each time I read it, I don't understand our anyone can say that to a young child.

I'm not sure if you read the list I posted recently of the similarities between Allison's case & another case of a murdered mother, Jennifer Ramsaran. After her disappearance, the husband in that case told the couple's three children their mother had left them. Just like that...she's gone, left...oh well too bad hey kids. Despicable!!

The time that Allison sent the message "Having fun with your companion? Hope there are no back seats down in snowy!" on the 18th April, this seems to be when he was fixing the light socket and cut his hand. Jody was there but he didn't tell her he had cut his hand.

BJ, sorry, where did this come from? I have only seen lists so far of phone records, nothing of actual SMS records?

A similiar thought crossed my mind. If they are the same ones I have and have bought regularly over the years, Katies 3/4 length pants are not particuly very soft. They are made of an acrylic material with a firm elasticised waist. I would never wear them to bed.

Wouldn't it have been fairly difficult for size 12 Allison to go for her ‘usual walk’ while holding up her XXL pants?

I think they might be Elaine's clothes - a corpse is hard to dress, particularly by yourself - the bigger the clothes the easier it is.

Well , I won't argue with that.
I must say its not something that I have ever done and hope I never will need to do. And if I do I will take your advice. Thanks Spratsmum :great:

Just on the clothing issue, I think most unlikely that they were clothes belonging to anyone other than Allison. I agree with a lot of the posters that there are times looser clothing is preferred. Or something bought turns out to be slightly different than expected. Or that they were on sale, looked reasonably OK held up in front of you and who cares?
In the first interview GBC was asked what Al was wearing and said, of the pants "thry're like three-quarter length things. ".... "they're, her daggy old..."
What tickled me was that he then said "she bought some new Lorna Jane ones in black"..."But they're here"
I must be the queen of dag then coz I wouldn't know Lorna Jane if she bit me. How did he? Hardly relevant I expect unless they argued over the cost.
The autopsy described A as being 170cm tall (that's around 5ft 7 inches) and weight 72 kilos. But I am not sure if that was the (excuse me) weight of the body, or if they got that from her medical records. If the latter, then 72k is slightly chunky, not a size 12, and GBC said she was occasionally doing these walks to lose a little weight.
The only other thing I'd add is that, I might bung on some oversized daggy gear at home to do whatever, or even stay in for bed, but I wouldn't stay in the same gear and then get up and go for a walk in the morning, I'd have a shower even if it meant having another one when I got home?

I agree with everything you said except with reference to the 'Lorna Janes'. I'm a Bootcamp nut and I call my workout gear by its branding "e.g. "Dammit, I can't find my Lorna Jane pants, have you seen them?". My hubby would know the difference, but not about any other branded clothing in the wardrobe.

I still wonder with OW's comment "down a hole" if she was sort of cluck clucking Gerard at the time...why did you say that G?? Thinking he was a silly bugger, Allison would come home and never suspecting foul play.

Although the business was apparently doing very well in 2010-2011 before the floods, it seems to me that GBC was spending more than their income and hiding the true state of their financials from his partners at that point. IMO.

So where was the money going during these good years 2010-2011 pre Brisbane floods? I wonder if there's a slush fund somewhere that's now financing some of his legal bills, oh and also financing OW's regular flights to Briz. Where is the money GBC?

It was in Ash's statement, as unbelievable as it was!

Zanzibar, ... that little man running in the cube looks very familiar.
Is it GBC getting some excercise in his little cell? Or running away from Toni perhaps?
I like holding my finger on my iPad and making him hang upside down.
Thanks for the Fri night entertainment , cheers :seeya:

Well , I won't argue with that.
I must say its not something that I have ever done and hope I never will need to do. And if I do I will take your advice. Thanks Spratsmum :great:

Don't worry Aunty - former nurse here, nothing untoward.

BJ, sorry, where did this come from? I have only seen lists so far of phone records, nothing of actual SMS records?

Sorry nowvoyager, I can't remember where I saw it. Can anyone else help with where that came from? Was it the committal? Marlywings?

GBC has always struck me as having a temper
I wonder if one of the kids got to him that morning and
he 'lost' it. It's a sarcastic nasty thing to say

I can imagine what his face looked like while he was murdering her
Ugly as sin and terrifying.

Whoa. Just reading the charge sheet and what OW is saying came to me. You don't think it all happened due to some dodgy dealings do you? Gborrowing from leg breakers or something?

Whoa. Just reading the charge sheet and what OW is saying came to me. You don't think it all happened due to some dodgy dealings do you? Gborrowing from leg breakers or something?

I do not think GBC had the guts to borrow from/deal with 'dodgies' or leg breakers.

However....This could be the story he has given to her.
Remember he lies and lies and lies and lies and lies and lies and lies.

He lied to Allison, to TM and the others, to his partners, his backers, his children, his friends...actually to everyone.

Why would he not lie to OW ?

"The defendant told his sister Olivia Walton of the deceased's walking route at about 6:30am on 20 April 2012."

Taken from the charge sheet.

I know we have gone over this ad nauseum, but it is insane to think he was worried about Allison at 6:30am! Why on earth would his sister be there and why would he be going over Allison's walking route at 6:30am? Wayyyyy too early for anyone to be concerned IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member