Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very moving and so terribly sad. :rose: I'm full of admiration for Allison's family in having this permanent memorial placed at Kholo Creek Bridge. They could have continued to grieve privately but they've chosen to create a place where all people can go to pay tribute to Allison. And for anyone who was even remotely involved in Allison's death, it will be a constant reminder of what they've done.

http://www.qt.com.au/videos/alGBClison-baden-clay-tribute-erected-kholo-creek-bri/19450/

Please everyone on WS watch this video that Makara has posted. It is a video set to piano music which shows all the flowers at Kholo.

I must say, the only piece of mind I had about the CM Stickybeak article is that Vanessa spends time in quiet contemplation at the crossing. I have always been worried that Allison's family was not included in the Kholo bridge. (Thinking of you Indromum)

Compare and contrast. Vanessa thinks of her sister at a quiet local creek with the flora and fauna. It is very quiet in gbc's life and in some parts maybe TM's life.

I've been reading a site about history of forensics & thought I'd share, what I think, is a fantastic quote, from back in 1953.

"Wherever he steps, wherever he touches, whatever he leaves, even without consciousness, will serve as a silent witness against him. Not only his fingerprints or his footprints, but his hair, the fibers from his clothes, the glass he breaks, the tool mark he leaves, the paint he scratches, the blood or semen he deposits or collects. All of these and more, bear mute witness against him. This is evidence that does not forget. It is not confused by the excitement of the moment. It is not absent because human witnesses are. It is factual evidence. Physical evidence cannot be wrong, it cannot perjure itself, it cannot be wholly absent. Only human failure to find it, study and understand it, can diminish its value.“

- Paul L. Kirk. 1953. Crime investigation: physical evidence and the police laboratory. Interscience Publishers, Inc.: New York.

https://sites.google.com/site/audreycahillforensicscience/quotes

Isn't it interesting that a monument is being placed where Allison was found. Quite the opposite of what family wanted for Jill in Victoria. Someone put a monument where she was found and it was taken away.

I love the idea of a monument for Allison at the bridge. For grieving, for thinking, for learning to forgive, for whatever you want it to be.

Very moving and so terribly sad. :rose: I'm full of admiration for Allison's family in having this permanent memorial placed at Kholo Creek Bridge. They could have continued to grieve privately but they've chosen to create a place where all people can go to pay tribute to Allison. And for anyone who was even remotely involved in Allison's death, it will be a constant reminder of what they've done.

http://www.qt.com.au/videos/allison-baden-clay-tribute-erected-kholo-creek-bri/19450/
All my yellow cable ties! And the beautiful sunflower cross that Breaking so lovingly made and Bellgirl decorated with flowers. I am so pleased the family have been able to create a permanent memorial and that they do visit the creek. It looks like Main Roads have done a great job.
I haven't visited in a while now, but look forward to being able to park safely and pay my respects.

http://www.qt.com.au/videos/allison-baden-clay-tribute-erected-kholo-creek-bri/19450/

Thank you so much for posting this video.
"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul."
The bridge looks breathtaking with each pillar adorned so beautifully. Although I am no where near Brisbane, I certainly feel the soul medicine this video brings. Thank you who ever brought the roses; so lovely, so soft, so feminine and so beautiful, I could almost smell their sweet perfume.
Further to that, Flowers are a Balm for a wounded soul. Thank you.
(I can't find any quote for that, so will have to create the phrase from personal experience.)

Posted by ActusReus
4 July 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
would legal aid cover the cost of three high profile lawyers? I wonder.

would the fact that legal aid is sought when employing three high profile lawyers be seen as desperation?

would legal aid being sought for three high profile lawyers taint even further the public perception of the BC family? Be seen as sponging off the tax payer?

Legal aid won't cover the cost of even one high level barrister. [/SIZE][/B]Each state is a little bit different but usually the legal aid maximum is capped. Barristers and solicitors who take on this work would have a "budgeted" amount of work they would do for legal aid each year. In the same way they take on a certain amount of pro bono work each year.

Surprising as it may seem, many lawyers, and their firms, write off significant sums of money each year for pro bono and legal aid work.

I'm a bit bemused at the "rush" to have GBC as a client. A local lawyer I know has links to a Queensland barristers chamber and commented this morning that the family have been "shopping" and the current legal rep had no idea the other lawyers were being courted. This info is only third hand and almost impossible to verify however I think there was mention in a CM article that Mr Mahoney wasn't aware of Mr Nyst's attempt to visit GBC.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8112674&postcount=1001"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#30[/ame]

13445899674359.gif

From the Sunflower Brigade Thread.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8248440&postcount=25"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Allison Bayden - Clay: The Sunflower Brigade and Memorial[/ame]

So sorry for the font. This is a better to look at than my mistake.

Wherever there is death and roadside memorials, stickybeaks will always be there.

Its a shame really, but I imagine it would be a low percentage of people that actually go there deliberately to honor Alison and her memory.

With all due respect J-Diggety, I would like to humbly disagree with you.
I am no-where near Brisbane or Kholo Creek Bridge, but if I were; I would like to pause right there. Add a flower or two. And it would be to remember Allison Dickie (unfortunately Baden Clay), and all that she represented. So much for womanhood, motherhood. And a woman caught up situation way outside her square. Her understanding. Her conception of what is right and proper, true and real.

All my yellow cable ties! And the beautiful sunflower cross that Breaking so lovingly made and Bellgirl decorated with flowers. I am so pleased the family have been able to create a permanent memorial and that they do visit the creek. It looks like Main Roads have done a great job.
I haven't visited in a while now, but look forward to being able to park safely and pay my respects.

Sorry Indromum, but I can't take the credit for making the sunflower cross. (Wasn't me, Officer). I think it was KeenToKnow who made it.

Sorry Indromum, but I can't take the credit for making the sunflower cross. (Wasn't me, Officer). I think it was KeenToKnow who made it.
Of course it was KTK! Multi tasking at work when I post sometimes takes a toll on my memory. A big thank you for reminding me. ��

I'm sure a lot of people will return when things hot up here again.

Some of us are checking the pages every few days.

I have not been here for so long....but Allison will never be forgotten in this home.

Hugs to all of you while I am here.

Could have fireworks for the monument I think. :cheers::eek:kay::fireworks2::fireworks2::fireworks2:

On the Ipswich Motorway there are five different coloured pedestrian bridges that cross it. I wonder if they already are named? One is yellow and I'm wondering if we could ask for it to be named in Allison's memory? Just a thought as I drove under it today.

I have not been here for so long....but Allison will never be forgotten in this home.

Hugs to all of you while I am here.

Could have fireworks for the monument I think. :cheers::eek:kay::fireworks2::fireworks2::fireworks2:

:coffeeup: :seeya:

You know, no matter what, I'll join you Indromum xo. I'm so happy for this safe and more importantly, special memorial area for Allison. It's so lovely to know that family treasure and use this area to be with or think about Allison. Well done Main Roads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper