Alternate (Non-POI) Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While I certainly believe many in Moose Lk are monsters, where are the monsters in other states, since they definitely are on a release program.

While I certainly believe many in Moose Lk are monsters, where are the monsters in other states, since they definitely are on a release program.

And.....other states have all kinds of horrible issues. Minnesota is a top state economically and educationally and quality of life in many areas as study after study shows, Why participate in a race to the bottom?

Who cares if some do ok in a work release program? Are the babies who they raped happy that their criminal is having a good experience? Is there no crime where the perp does not have to pay the penalty? They get to destroy lives and move on their merry way?

As a teacher I could recount the true life stories of students I had that would make one weep, At least they did me.

Federal law is against Minnesota - kinda like someone else in the news violating federal law.

The "program" is a civil commitment, not legal because "authorities" determine release, and not one person of 700 had ever been released. Would you believe those who are incarcerated must be called clients and not prisoners? Nearly all have completed their prison sentences. This is what the court case is all about.

I'm curious why you think only "many" are monsters? Why not all?

Federal law is against Minnesota - kinda like someone else in the news violating federal law.

The "program" is a civil commitment, not legal because "authorities" determine release, and not one person of 700 had ever been released. Would you believe those who are incarcerated must be called clients and not prisoners? Nearly all have completed their prison sentences. This is what the court case is all about.

Oh boo hoo. Not one baby raper or other violent sex offender or someone like DAH who raped boys at least 700 times has not been released.

They have a beautiful clean place to live with amenities at Moose Lake. They have their little love affairs there , too. I tried to google the articles where they interviewed several of the clients a few years ago. I can't find it. Very telling.

That is why these sentences must be made longer. Way longer. As a left winger with just about only left wing friends, we want these clients to remain in prison .What reason is there for a baby raper to be out and about or DAH? Haven't they done enough harm?

This is an excellent article. It contains the history of why MN got civil commitment. Dennis linehan. Please tell me why he was not in prison forever?

Clients at Moose Lake have assaulted at least 16 people , many under 13 years. Really? They deserve a second chance?

I'm curious why you think only "many" are monsters? Why not all?

Why not all? Probably for the same reason that not all who have been executed in the US actually committed a murder. "All" is not a good way to go.

Then, too, this man (knew him) assaulted his 12 yr old daughter - MINNESOTA - over a period of several months. His sentence was 90 days and lots of classes to attend. He is out and about, is registered ON A PRIVATE LIST as a Minnesota offender, which, by the way, is accessible only if the person does not update data. Maybe he had a better attorney than some of those at Moose Lake.

Original arrest record: http://minnesota.arrests.org/Arrests/Jay_Bauer_12371996/

The idea behind release is that a person cannot be committed beyond a sentence by a group of people rather than a jury/judge. Sex offender or anyone else - doesn't matter. Others who commit crimes are not subjected to more time after sentencing, not even murderers. Read what this guy - MINNESOTA - did to his wife. He was released.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_22691139/30-years-before-trevino-another-missing-woman-another

Where are all of the posters who so desperately wanted this thread?

Is Jacob going to go into never never land like so many other children on WS? Was that the goal here? Make Jacob go away?

It is sad isn't it? I don't know what happened to Jacob but I remember when he went missing and the news and hunt.
I always hope when there is no news it means that they are still alive. Jaycee will always remind me it is never too late to find someone. But I just don't understand when people go POOF!
I always hope there will be a new search a new bit of info, even sadly a body found so the family can have some kind of answer.

Has it ever been stated whether or not the boys saw the kidnapper's eyes? If he was using panty hose, I would doubt he cut out eye holes...that must have been incredibly dark for him! If he was using a ski mask, did the boys note his eye color?

I just finished "It Can't Happen Here." Lots of good stuff in there! Obviously, the kidnapper knew he was going to have witnesses or why would he bother with a mask at all. And he knew those witnesses would be able to identify him.

Local person, knew the area, saw them going to the store, knew they would come back that way, knew he had to disguise himself.

Has it ever been stated whether or not the boys saw the kidnapper's eyes? If he was using panty hose, I would doubt he cut out eye holes...that must have been incredibly dark for him! If he was using a ski mask, did the boys note his eye color?

I just finished "It Can't Happen Here." Lots of good stuff in there! Obviously, the kidnapper knew he was going to have witnesses or why would he bother with a mask at all. And he knew those witnesses would be able to identify him.

Local person, knew the area, saw them going to the store, knew they would come back that way, knew he had to disguise himself.

And also knew one of the witnesses wasn't an adult riding in the group. It was too dark to tell so I believe they were watched on the way to the store.

Just my two cents, but I don't think Jacob's case has been abandoned at all. The one long constant stream of thought thread is now divided into categories, so it may feel as though fewer are present. And it seems the number of posters has always fluctuated at various points in time.
Most posters here are invested in a particular person(s) as their perpetrator of choice. The truth is we're all operating under a serious handicap of not knowing all the evidence the authorities have, not knowing what evidence there may have been that is now for whatever reason gone, nor why potential evidence from DR's house is still under wraps after five years. I know the sheriff et al said it was because they are waiting for advancements in technology so it could be a while -- or perhaps never.

Added to this mix is the fact that we have to be careful who we talk about. Apparently we can discuss Vern Seitz because he's no longer among the living (?). Or maybe he was referred to as a POI, I can't remember. I know I have to be careful about the person I am suspicious about because I could be sued. Thus I carry on my research independently in the desperate and probably vain hope that I'll uncover something. Honestly, I have unearthed a few things that raised my eyebrows, none of which I can discuss here and none of which amount to concrete evidence in Jacob's case. My best hope is that one of the relatives of my personal poi will overcome any fears they might have about coming forward. In my opinion, my poi is scary and intimidating. But I digress.

I think it is helpful to stand back from a case on occasion to clear one's mind and perhaps become more open to new ideas. As far as I'm concerned, short of the actual police and FBI etc., Websleuths members have gathered the most comprehensive research (that is not sealed up in the sheriff's office), and expounded upon most if not all of the popular theories more than any other group (that I know of). It is astounding to me to go back and see how long many posters here have been trying to understand and crack open this case. It at once angers, frustrates, saddens but most of all encourages me. I'm angry that we are not able to know any salient details due to the case still being considered "active"; frustrated that the case has stalled, sad that the family and community still have no answers, but, nonetheless, encouraged that people (here) don't give up.

I have not given up either, but at this point I think it's going to take either some kind of misstep on the part of the perpetrator, or, a friend/relative of the perp finding the courage to speak up. Since I'm a believer I'll also throw in divine intervention. Further, we now have a book in our hands (It Can't Happen here) to break down and study.

I pray to God we can get answers while the perpetrator is still alive. I also pray an arrest is made while the Wetterlings are still alive. As an aside, a bunch of cold cases were solved in 2015 -- cases that were decades old, so I remain hopeful. That one piece of concrete evidence we need could be just around the corner -- or it could be years away. There are people who know the perpetrator (whoever he is), who were and are suspicious about him, who may be hoping yet to hear him confess or find something tangible to tie him to the crime. They might be reading this thread now; they may have been reading it from the beginning. They might be praying for the courage to do the right thing. Okay that was more than two cents, but for the record, I'm never giving up on Jacob (or Joshua).

Just my two cents, but I don't think Jacob's case has been abandoned at all. The one long constant stream of thought thread is now divided into categories, so it may feel as though fewer are present. And it seems the number of posters has always fluctuated at various points in time.
Most posters here are invested in a particular person(s) as their perpetrator of choice. The truth is we're all operating under a serious handicap of not knowing all the evidence the authorities have, not knowing what evidence there may have been that is now for whatever reason gone, nor why potential evidence from DR's house is still under wraps after five years. I know the sheriff et al said it was because they are waiting for advancements in technology so it could be a while -- or perhaps never.

Added to this mix is the fact that we have to be careful who we talk about. Apparently we can discuss Vern Seitz because he's no longer among the living (?). Or maybe he was referred to as a POI, I can't remember. I know I have to be careful about the person I am suspicious about because I could be sued. Thus I carry on my research independently in the desperate and probably vain hope that I'll uncover something. Honestly, I have unearthed a few things that raised my eyebrows, none of which I can discuss here and none of which amount to concrete evidence in Jacob's case. My best hope is that one of the relatives of my personal poi will overcome any fears they might have about coming forward. In my opinion, my poi is scary and intimidating. But I digress.

I think it is helpful to stand back from a case on occasion to clear one's mind and perhaps become more open to new ideas. As far as I'm concerned, short of the actual police and FBI etc., Websleuths members have gathered the most comprehensive research (that is not sealed up in the sheriff's office), and expounded upon most if not all of the popular theories more than any other group (that I know of). It is astounding to me to go back and see how long many posters here have been trying to understand and crack open this case. It at once angers, frustrates, saddens but most of all encourages me. I'm angry that we are not able to know any salient details due to the case still being considered "active"; frustrated that the case has stalled, sad that the family and community still have no answers, but, nonetheless, encouraged that people (here) don't give up.

I have not given up either, but at this point I think it's going to take either some kind of misstep on the part of the perpetrator, or, a friend/relative of the perp finding the courage to speak up. Since I'm a believer I'll also throw in divine intervention. Further, we now have a book in our hands (It Can't Happen here) to break down and study.

I pray to God we can get answers while the perpetrator is still alive. I also pray an arrest is made while the Wetterlings are still alive. As an aside, a bunch of cold cases were solved in 2015 -- cases that were decades old, so I remain hopeful. That one piece of concrete evidence we need could be just around the corner -- or it could be years away. There are people who know the perpetrator (whoever he is), who were and are suspicious about him, who may be hoping yet to hear him confess or find something tangible to tie him to the crime. They might be reading this thread now; they may have been reading it from the beginning. They might be praying for the courage to do the right thing. Okay that was more than two cents, but for the record, I'm never giving up on Jacob (or Joshua).

I believe in divine intervention as well. There have been instances where the strangest things happen. Can't think of any right now, though.

In the beginning, there were prayers from all over the earth. Prayer chains. The Pope had some special prayers, Native Americans had special prayers.

People can look at it in different ways, Religious or some kind of force in the universe. So much positive energy,

I think everyone has read about the different things that so many people did. It seems like it was one of the most powerful positive things .

It seems so hard to accept that there won't be something that happens after all of this positive energy was released. It did open our eyes to the world of child sex abuse and at least some children get help.

LE should release at least ONE piece of evidence. They have not done anything on this case and it has been 25 years. I think they don't want egg on their face if someone else solves it. But come on now. It has been way too long. Open up evidence to the public to get the case going again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back