Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least this operator seemed to care - he asked if she needed an ambulance, asked if whoever did this was still there, etc.

The one that talked to Amanda asked if she needed police, fire or ambulance.

So much more info to come - I can't imagine! I'm so excited and happy that they are free, so sad for what they have endured. Positive thoughts and special prayers for these brave girls!!

Iam just watching a few different video's of when this happend earlier on tonight / today and the guy that the girl ran to say's Well I knew something was going on when a pretty ' young ' White girl come a running into me a black guy's arms. LoL And even the cops had a good laugh over that ...Seeing there safe I thought i would pass that tidbit along as kinda brought some well needed humor into the seriousness and confussion of the ordeal.... We meed more people like him now adays.

Fritzl case, the most evil man I've ever witnessed in my history. Just pure real life evil. I don't doubt anything anymore. 24 years in a corridor below the home. Chills, same with Jodi, Austin Sigg, Tree man and many others. They do scare me to an extent. I won't be around them ever unless the earth shifts, ha ha, so I'm safe. But who the heck are my next door neighbors really?

hmmm

There's a German restaurant near me called "Fritzl's" and I pass it all the time, always think of his poor daughter every time. I'll never be able to eat there.

CNN is announcing 3 Castro brothers arrested. Anyone else hear that?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/berry_amanda.html
I want to point out how spot on her "missing" details are. Eerie in hindsight.

23tlhyx.jpg

Wow... from that link: (ETA - I see you added it while I was reading/taking a screenshot --- now I need to go look at that map)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-07 at 12.27.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-07 at 12.27.37 AM.png
    38 KB · Views: 430
Is anyone else watching CNN? Someone needs to get their tío off the phone...

Watching local news, WKYC, on TV now, and they keep reporting that three people are in custody--Castro and two other people. (Allegedly his brothers. Source: https://twitter.com/betsykling) They had tweeted that hours ago, and seem to be the only ones to confirm at the moment.

Local news also just reported this: https://twitter.com/BetsyKling/status/331606549581688833

She's a good source for local news, as are these reporters:

https://twitter.com/sarashookman

https://twitter.com/RachelDissell

Local News is ALWAYS the best source - thankyou for the links

She was pleading for help, and all he had to say to her, we will send a squad car "as soon as we get a car open" and she was the one pleading that they needed it NOW.

If you had been locked up for 10 years desperate for help, and the 911 person said we will send a car "as soon as we get a car open" you would be panicked too. He could have done more to calm her, keep her on the phone, and make her feel like she had a lifeline for help. You could tell she wanted to talk, she wanted to stay on the line.. Why didn't he keep her on till police arrived, especially given the fact she was relaying Info? He did not know whether she was alone or not. She did not know how long it would take, especially give the attitude that her call would be taken when they had a car open. What if they did not have a car open for another hour? He did not give her that reassurance that they were on the way NOW and would be there within minutes,

And she needed that, she savored up the courage for 10 years, and the 911 caller was likely her first contact w outside world (other than neighbor) in 10 years. She wanted someone to recognize her freedom and assure her of it. She wanted to hold onto that lifeline.

Because frankly in her mind if he came back before police came she and her child (I think it is hers) would be likely dead. At least in her mind, even if she was at neighbors, she thought that she would be dead if police did not arrive in time. That call was a lifeline to her life

Maybe given the publicity of this case, 911 got crank calls in the past and that is why they acted that way

911 did their job but some situations call for doing something beyond the bare requirements of one's job description.
And in hindsight, maybe operator would act differently. In a way you cannot fault him bc he maybe did not realize how that call was a lifeline for life for her.

As I said earlier she wasn't alone when she made that call Charles was there.
This simply isn't a case of the dispatcher being negligent. In fact this isn't about the dispatcher at all.

Locally, people are calling for the firing of the dispatcher.

I think he/she (it IS hard to tell) should have kept Amanda on the phone until the police arrived (I thought that was policy). He was her lifeline. No one said the dispatcher was a criminal, but I do think we are allowed to share our opinions. And this is only mine. :)

Don't want to quote those clippings again, but the cell phone call to Amanda's mom was traced to the vicinity of 58th and Clarke. That's about halfway between Castro's home and the area where all three went missing.

MOO the catalyst to this is Amanda's daughter. Most likely there are people in the yard - daughter is getting a little older and sicko and sicko brothers were probably starting to make comments, "jokes" or other horrible things towards the little girl and mother's instinct said "I'm getting us out of here NO MATTER WHAT." MOO!!!

Do we know Amanda has a child? I thought this was just speculation, but maybe I missed an MSM link.

The child shown in the hospital photo was her niece, by the way - it was mentioned in a twitter posted up-thread.

I feel like what they must have endured over the years is bad enough. I think speculating about children, black market babies, etc. is a little premature at this point.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/tv_station_reports_berry_dejes.html

Aurora Marti, 75, who lives across the street from Castro, said she was sitting on her front porch talking to a neighbor this evening, when an arm reached out of the front door at Castro’s house.

“She was waving her arm and saying, ‘Help me! Help me!’” Marti recalled.

The captive woman identified herself as Amanda Berry and said she was kidnapped 10 years ago.

Neighbor Charles Ramsey said he also heard a girl screaming, "Help, help me out." He said the girl looked familiar.

He said he called 9-1-1, adding that the dispatcher didn't take him seriously.

Ramsey said Castro took off running, while Ramsey kicked and broke the bottom of a door, allowing Berry to crawl out.

Police arrested Castro at a nearby McDonald's and brought the other two women out of the house, witnesses said.

Do we know Amanda has a child? I thought this was just speculation, but maybe I missed an MSM link.

The child shown in the hospital photo was her niece, by the way - it was mentioned in a twitter posted up-thread.

I

It was confirmed by our local news. I posted a link but of course I can't find it now. lol

I

What did that twitter say, exactly? There are two women, one woman is Amanda's sister. So whose niece was the child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr