Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Patrick was a victim. If Ms. Hoyle made up the quotes, then why wouldn't Patrick, who needed money, sue her paper? On the other hand, if his interview with her were taped and he really said them, then of course he would not be able to sue the paper (sherlockh, Ms. Knox has more pressing matters to attend to than suing the Daily Mail IMO). I don't equate using marijuana with being drugged up and I have no idea what spotted amnesia is, but to each his or her own. Despite Mr. Lumumba's claims, Ms. Knox apologized on several occasions, including at the start of the appeal. There is actually remarkably little detail in the statements Ms. Knox gave. As noted by someone else, "As far as we know, since there is no interrogation tape, the interviewers let up on Amanda just as soon as she implicated Patrick. Don't you think that's strange? I mean, after all the work it took to get that out of her, don't you think they would want to know the entire story, step by step? How and when did Amanda and Patrick make their plan? What did Patrick say to Meredith when they got there? Did Meredith willingly go into the bedroom with Patrick, or did she ask Amanda what was going on?

Then for Amanda to say she woke up in Raffaele's bed the next morning? Come on! Is that good enough for the Perugian police and prosecutor? How about WHEN did you leave the cottage? HOW did you get to Raffaele's? Did Patrick walk you there? What did you and Patrick talk about after the murder? What did Patrick do with his bloody clothes? Do you think you might have gone back to the club first? Did Patrick seem nervous?" link.

Federico Aldrovandi was also a victim, and he fared much worse than Mr. Lumumba. He was unarmed, yet some cops beat him to death. When his mother referred to the police as delinquents, they sued a grieving mother. At one point the police protested at her place of work. If that case doesn't raise yellow flags, then I suggest one look into the murder of Sarah Scazzi.

Rouge cops are everywhere, I'm sure I could find examples of hundreds of of them in the USA, does that mean the whole of the USA is corrupt and illogical? Uses faulty science and targets drugged up white people from overseas just because they can?
Should I trash your justice system your culture your science philosophies your media and million other sundry other things about USA society?
Should I discuss overt racism to white people?

Mind you, the Arias trial has me thinking it is...given the same amount of hyperbolic hysterical media beamed daily across the world.
Not only that, it is a non-self reflexive media seeking only to garner ratings and sales, that much is very very obvious. It does nothing to criticise it's own negative influence, so I often don't believe a single word they say. It is left to my own objective reasoning to make sense, and because this is a world wide web, and some objective reasoning does exist. I certainly have no illusions about the Daily Mail and it's readership, it's syndicated news like most news, and contains very little to absolutely no objective analysis. It's also highly conserving of status quo attitudes, from a sociological perspective.

Without a doubt AK, has been tried and convicted for her lying about Mr Lumumba and spent 4 years in prison for it. She ruined his life, his livelihood, reputation, and caused trauma to him and his family. And he had to move to Poland as a very broken and traumatised man.
That is an indisputable fact.
He currently has a civil suit against her. He may also suffer from PTSD, I don't know, but it is highly likely after such a disturbingly awful experience.

She was a silly irresponsibly immature girl who got drugged up to the eyes and was not in control of herself. Not much has changed, and she continues to lie along with her equally irresponsible immature ex who used mountains of drugs by his own admission.
He was the most experienced of the two in the drugs department. Where did he score?
High usage of drugs is equitable with self-medication.

I don't find it a stretch at all in considering guilt, and I'm still not convinced that marijuana was the only drug they were using.

That's what made me think why RG turned up imo, they were scoring...
Then it's not hard to imagine that they had no ready cash in their drugged foggy state, but Meredith did.
Her money went somewhere...perhaps you or Otto or might know?
I'm sure RG would not have appreciated a drug trafficking conviction on top of murder, so why even mention it?
Why would the other two either, since it might harm their middle-class 'reputations' and question their usage further?

Two immature irresponsible damaged young people looking for risky thrills and drugged out of their childish minds? Both of them in very much in 'lust' for each other. They could hardly communicate.
Middle-class overindulged children, with firmly held values and beliefs, in their very conservative minds. Being naughty is very attractive to children who have exhibited no obvious signs of maturity to the world.
Having a conserving mindset is very linked to racial inequality and bigotry, from a societal perspective not just mine.

One who used very questionable *advertiser censored*, and the other who had already disturbed the peace? Both using drugs...
Who knows what was on his mind, bestiality is not 'normal'. Or we would all have some.
I don't need to read any media, books, or anything to envision where that might end up with 3 multi-cultural victims, it's not hard to see a bigger picture based on my own professional experiences.

Analysis appears to get bogged down in repetitive details that lead nowhere, an objective meta analysis might be more useful to some, but not others. I appreciate that, but my argument is as valid as any other.
Details are not my thing, and others on the thread do that very well and commendably, I prefer an analysis from my own psycho/social perspective and objectivity, because that's how I analyse phenomena.
Both approaches are valid, but focus on different areas.
I really don't think we have a whole 'story' yet from the woman who considers herself to be racially vilified for 'being a white woman', but has three multi-cultural victims. One of whom she did time for...

That is laughably stupid...and enormously highly insensitive to Meredith's Anglo/Indian family, and her black victims.
It is extraordinarily offensive.

Her absolute lack of empathy for any of these people is quite frankly astonishingly worrying.
They are always an afterthought, even Patrick Lumumba whom she owes a very very public apology too for forever tainting his life circumstances.
And yes, she calls it her 'story', amongst the many other dubious very conflicting 'stories' she has told.
She is not a 'victim' neither is he, they are murderers.

Meredith Kercher gets no say in this, and still remains horribly mutilated and terrorised by more than one person.
Poor Meredith, she was a little tiny bright star and everybody loved her very bones. She had big aspirations to do absolute good in this world, even at the tender age of 20.
Such a mindlessly selfish waste:(

Personally I do think the scarf is part of the costume. If she were using it to keep out the cold don't you think she would wrap it around her neck instead of letting it dangle?

Not at all. I live in a state with colder weather and prob colder weather then Seattle and I can't count the times I just threw a scarf on and let it dangle. I can even remember on Halloween putting a scarf on and just letting it hang.

I think there is to much thought being put into this scarf by a lot of people.

She came across cold and detached from MK death in the clips after it happened and also in her interviews.If is as if she didnt care at all about MK and could have cared less. Just wondering if her and MK just didnt like each other?

The one thing that I think people seem to forget sometimes is that Amanda only new MK for a short time. This was not as if her sister or mother had just been murdered. It was a girl who she didn't actually know that well. And she was 20. So instead of being emotional and up set that MK was murdered and she would never see her again. I bet she was in more shock then anything.

Mignini and Comodi under investigation
"Giuliano Mignini and Manuela Comodi are accused of spending $240,000 for a 20-minute animated video, using avatars, to explain their theory of how victim Meredith Kercher was murdered. The graphic 3D video shows Kercher being held down by Knox and her former boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito. Knox is shown wielding a knife." http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...xs-italian-prosecutors-face-own-legal-battle/
Google translated:
The spending spree of justice. Tgcom24 public documents

23:21 - ...An important video? A key piece of evidence? A reconstruction decisive? But no: the images were projected in the courtroom, behind closed doors. But they were considered irrelevant to the point that never entered in the file of the process.
The question is legitimate, because the prosecutor spends € 182,784 for a movie destined for oblivion? The sum, among other things, is quite significant: 10 times the cost of a film like Paranormal Activity which has box office hit of half the world, more or less as a TV program for success ...
Commissioned April 2, 2009 by prosecutors in Perugia and Mignini Comfortable...
...The court hoped perhaps to recover these amounts by Raffaele and Amanda, as shown by the records of known typhoid in the prison in Terni and Perugia. Instead, the two ex-boyfriends as is known were acquitted. The result? The exaggerated cost of this video will fall on the shoulders of the state. Who do not have the money to pay the contractors that supply the hospital canteens. But, incidentally, pours without flinching 182 thousand Euros for a video (useless) wanted by prosecutors.
http://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/cron...lecosi-il-tribunale-butta-182mila-euro….shtml

more on the video... (google translated):
Act Chamber question for written answer 4-14828
presented by
GIANNI Mancuso
Wednesday, February 8, 2012, session 583​

Mancuso, BARANI, DE LUCA and Bocciardo. -The Minister of Justice.- To know - given that: April 2, 2009 the prosecutor of Perugia Manuela Comfortable and substitute Giuliano Mignini give Luigi Gain commissioned to create a "virtual images with reconstruction of the main phases of the murder of Meredith Kercher, accompanying the indictment the prosecutor "; Luigi Guadagno is the sole administrator of Nventa, the fee is fixed at € 152,320, plus VAT of 30,464, for a total 182,784, a successful film costs, on average, one-tenth of this figure, the movie lasts twenty minutes, was screened only once during a closed hearing and has not even been placed in the file of the process, the cost would have to be supported by the two defendants Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, having been acquitted for the two non- having committed the crime, the cost has fallen on State and, therefore, on all citizens -: if you do not intend to take action in relation to inspections as reported in the introduction. (4-14828) http://banchedati.camera.it/sindacatoispettivo_16/showXhtml.Asp?idAtto=49100&stile=6&highLight=1

I don't understand how double jeopardy would apply in this case since their legal system is different. Do you think AK will be extradited? If so, do you think she will be found guilty in her retrial? TIA

Google translated:
The spending spree of justice. Tgcom24 public documents

23:21 - ...An important video? A key piece of evidence? A reconstruction decisive? But no: the images were projected in the courtroom, behind closed doors. But they were considered irrelevant to the point that never entered in the file of the process.
The question is legitimate, because the prosecutor spends € 182,784 for a movie destined for oblivion? The sum, among other things, is quite significant: 10 times the cost of a film like Paranormal Activity which has box office hit of half the world, more or less as a TV program for success ...
Commissioned April 2, 2009 by prosecutors in Perugia and Mignini Comfortable...
...The court hoped perhaps to recover these amounts by Raffaele and Amanda, as shown by the records of known typhoid in the prison in Terni and Perugia. Instead, the two ex-boyfriends as is known were acquitted. The result? The exaggerated cost of this video will fall on the shoulders of the state. Who do not have the money to pay the contractors that supply the hospital canteens. But, incidentally, pours without flinching 182 thousand Euros for a video (useless) wanted by prosecutors.
http://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/cron...lecosi-il-tribunale-butta-182mila-euro….shtml

What do 3D animation re-enactments cost for trial use in the US?

What do 3D animation re-enactments cost for trial use in the US?

I’m still trying to figure out why four hard drives were systematically destroyed … one after the other. Zzzzz (oops) Zzzzz (oops)… But remember, the defense, in an effort to salvage any data if possible, asked if the drives could be sent off to the manufacturer - they were denied and as I recall, it was due to expense. Even after the defense said they would cover the cost, still denied. However, it was Mignini’s intention all along to have Amanda and Raffaele pay for the video - a video that was never entered into record and a copy never given to the defense despite their efforts (yet, uploaded to youtube for all to see).

In Raffaele’s book, Mignini was asked why he didn’t record their interrogations; he cited a budget crunch and narrows it down further to “transcription cost” being too steep.

Here is my question… How much do you think the transcription cost would have been? I read the rate depends on the number of people, languages and hours.

Thanks! Architectural virtual tours and accident reconstruction animation are quite different from crime scene re-enactment animation, so those links don't really apply.

These links do apply - a gunman and blood splatter qualifies as crime scene re-enactment.

These links do apply - a gunman and blood splatter qualifies as crime scene re-enactment.

The links that I got to related to accident reconstructions, graphic arts and architectural virtual tours. The animation project for the trial involved several experts, didn't it? I remember reading that the fees were for consulting and production. Three characters were developed, rigged and animated. The environment had to be built. Do we know the length of the virtual crime re-renactment?

Are you thinking that the prosecutor's office got ripped off?
Does the company that did the work have a good reputation?

Doctor Mignini has a doctorate in Law conferred by an Italian university. He is judge, not a wayward police man.
In Italy, Prosecutors are members of the judiciary and appointed for life.

It's quite different to the prosecutors in the USA, that's like a version of Crown Law, you don't know who you are going to get to defend/prosecute you. It's a training ground for young prosecutors.
Dr Mignini, is a Judge like any other Judge, highly experienced in the judiciary.
They are held in very high esteem - like in every country, and really don't go around 'terrorising' young drug users or fantasise about satanic cults.
I'm sure he has much much more important things to do.

It's ludicrous to suggest that he would risk his career on the nonsense that is perpetrated daily by the massively non-reflexive media.
He has no charges against him, and the satanic witch stuff is complete tomfoolery, to add some salacious detail and sensationalism. Quite simply, the media is making money off this horrid tale.
None of this highly offensive rumour-driven gossip is even asserted in fact.
Media appearances book signings whatever it's a revenue raiser, and it will spin for as long as you let it, and it has been going on for years. Allegations, counter allegations and even new allegations...
It has all the right ingredients for a lurid tale of sex power money drugs and conspiracy story.

If I were Dr Mignini I would sue her too for her slurs, it's professional murder in a very public and xenophobic way.
It's cringe worthy behaviour almost to the point of embarrassment.
She has pointed her finger once before, and I have no hesitation in thinking she would do it again. Nothing she has said or done since the murder would make me think any other way, in fact if anything she confirms my worst fears.
My experience in working with people like those two, tells me more than any media could ever do, they are in our faces almost daily like some 'cool' celebrities, and can't keep their lying mouths closed...it's not hard to assess their psychology at all, and I am very experienced at it.
I don't need a lot of details, behaviour is my area and massive oceans of behaviour that just doesn't know when to stop is very concerning.
It's concerning in relation to attention seeking, drugs and self-medication, abnormal sexual preferences (bestiality), trauma (not recent) risky sexual behaviour, irresponsibility, immaturity racism xenophobia and just plain old feeling self entitled. It doesn't paint me a wholly favourable picture on many many levels and not for a moment superficially.
It certainly does not reek of wholesomeness...
It seems the worse you are these days the more attention you get, and these two fold right into blend.
It sickens me.
I have no idea of why Italy would even bother with these two drugged up creatures if not to keep us all safe. But they have clear ideas about justice with a capital J too.

Crimes committed in Italy are Italian crimes, and no other country has jurisdiction or influence or power, however much they might wish it. Double jeopardy means zero in the Italian system, they have their very own protections for that.
'Double jeopardy' is a pejorative term and it may look like it is occurring, but it is nothing of the sort. It's a completely different system so it has no meaning in an equal sense.

I'm sure Dr Mignini would wish it to all go away so that his and many other lives could return to some semblance of 'normal' particularly when he is still a member of the judiciary and has an ongoing job to do. Judges hold special roles in Italy, and he is still performing his job despite millions of untrue allegations. I feel really sorry for him as public servant, it hardly seems worth it.
But he keeps trundling on and doing his job correctly and lawfully. So I have big respect for the man.
AK and RS are like annoying buzzing flies.

I don't understand how double jeopardy would apply in this case since their legal system is different. Do you think AK will be extradited? If so, do you think she will be found guilty in her retrial? TIA

Yes, but my basic understanding is that Amanda isn’t required to attend the trial in Italy. If she is found guilty, she’ll appeal. I’m not sure how many appeals there are but this process alone could take, years maybe. After the appeals are exhausted and if the final verdict is guilty, Italy might then request extradition. The extradition process could take even longer, years and years and may not be worth it.

Considering the request can’t violate an individual's constitutional rights, I believe there is a good argument for double jeopardy. There are other exceptions too, for instance, 'withholding evidence' which violates due process. (a common occurrence in this case)

Which district attorney are you referring to in your comment?

Alan Dershowitz describes criminal activities attributed to Knox that should get the attention of any prosecutor:

"The factors behind the initial conviction included an admission by Ms. Knox that she was at the crime scene in the northern Italian town of Perugia, plus her false accusation that a bartender had slit Kercher's throat. The case against her also included a questionable alibi and evidence of her DNA on the alleged murder weapon."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324789504578384871256488436.html

Dershowitz writes: America's extradition treaty with Italy prohibits the U.S. from extraditing someone who has been "acquitted," which under American law generally means acquitted by a jury at trial. But Ms. Knox was acquitted by an appeals court after having been found guilty at trial. So would her circumstance constitute double jeopardy under American law?​

Dershowitz must not realize that the appeals court that acquitted Amanda also had a jury

The links that I got to related to accident reconstructions, graphic arts and architectural virtual tours. The animation project for the trial involved several experts, didn't it? I remember reading that the fees were for consulting and production. Three characters were developed, rigged and animated. The environment had to be built. Do we know the length of the virtual crime re-renactment?
Mr Mignini saw the scene so clearly in his mind that he was able to describe it to the judge in detail: Meredith on her knees before the wardrobe, Rudy holding her immobile, Raffaele grasping one arm, Amanda in front of her, pricking her throat teasingly with the knife – until the blade in her hand struck home. “To prove it,” he told the judge triumphantly, “the only thing missing was a video camera in the room.” Source
If experts testified to this, they are probably embarrassed, considering Mignini recently suggested Amanda was never even in the room.
Are you thinking that the prosecutor's office got ripped off?
No, I’m thinking he used public money to make a video for shock value to sway jurors and then leaked it to the press where it found its way to a Lifetime movie. At the time, he probably thought it was well worth $240,000.

thank you miley. i only posted sites that demonstrated that the company did indeed do crime scene animation.

apparently some are not familiar with what "forensic animation", "legal animation", "crime scene forensics" or "criminal cases" mean... ??

thank you miley. i only posted sites that demonstrated that the company did indeed do crime scene animation.

apparently some are not familiar with what "forensic animation", "legal animation", "crime scene forensics" or "criminal cases" mean... ??

I didn't see any links of any of those sites that related to murder. Were they there and I missed them, or do those links relate only to accident reconstruction, virtual architectural tours and graphics.

The animation done for the Kercher case was a bit tricky. For example, the virtual room had to be expanded by a couple of feet to fit all three suspects and the victim into the scene.

The animation done for the Kercher case was a bit tricky. For example, the virtual room had to be expanded by a couple of feet to fit all three suspects and the victim into the scene.

There's no question that the bloody footprint had to be expanded in order to be attributed to Guede.

Wasn't it the Seattle cooking blogger (can't remember the name) that claimed that a room with dimensions of: 12'0" x 11'6" is too small to accommodate four people? I'm surprised that claim is still being entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95