Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The knife was not taken apart. There is no evidence of blood, urine, saliva, or any other fluid. However, touch DNA arises partially from perspiration, which has cell-free nucleic acids.

Thanks. So Knox's "fluid" DNA on the knife was not from using the knife to prepare a meal, but she was sweating over the knife?

When you ask for a police report about injuries to Knox, are you thinking about the abrasion on her neck? With all the abuse that Knox claims she experienced at the hands of police, surely she was stripped and photographed ... or no? Was the abuse restricted to her decision to voluntarily go to the police station to tell lies, flipping cartwheels, but she wasn't even photographed? Was the police abuse all in her imagination?

Speaking of cartwheels, let's step back and have another look at that:

"Accounts of Knox doing splits and cartwheels as she awaited questioning by the police are a distortion of the behavior of a teenager exhibiting restlessness, Bremner argues, and depictions of a hypersexualized relationship with her "on-again, off-again" boyfriend Sollecito have been overly dramatized.

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1904571,00.html#ixzz0aVwcOwTk

This description was prior to the stepfather's yoga brainwave, and part of the PR campaign to turn a 20 year old woman into a 10 year old child. Why does a woman, a murder suspect, need to be portrayed as a child again?
The same way the spin has been to refer to AK/RS as so young and there's no reason for this young couple to have committed this crime. All the while putting sole responsibility on RG. Wanting everyone to forget that he is younger than RS and only months older than AK but that is never mentioned when referencing their age.

:floorlaugh:

I love the idea of AK and RS going on this impulsive killing spree and then thinking, "well, we had better return the knife because it was on the landlord's inventory."

OK... but there was a list and it had only 2 knives listed. What would you do with the murder weapon?

Would you throw away one of two knives on your landlord's inventory list?
Would you go to the knife store and get a new one?
Would you just put one of your combat knives in there instead?

Why do you say 'impulsive'? There is quite some debate over premeditation.
Knife from RSs/Turn off phones/etc

IMO I do not think they originally planned to kill... it just ended that way.
I could be wrong... but RG being there leads me to think this way. Taking a third party might work for scaring/hazing/pranking/bullying/etc... but not for murder IMO.

We know that all 4 people met each other, but had not known each other long at all. And in the case of RG all three had only met him once or twice.

Rudy was at a party in the downstairs apartment that Amanda and Meredith also attended. Amanda may have also served him a beer or two at the bar where she worked. There is no evidence that Rudy had any other social interaction with the two young women.

There is no reliable evidence that Raffaele ever met Rudy. During the first trial, the prosecution presented a witness who claimed to have seen Meredith, Amanda, Raffaele and Rudy walking to the cottage. At a time when Raffaele was known for certain to be elsewhere. Just one of several prosecution witnesses that made claims that could not be true during that trial.

:floorlaugh:

Typical Daily Mail hyperbole.

You only have to look at the first paragraph in which they claim he terminated her employment. It wasn't terminated, she was still working there, hence the infamous 'see you later' text.

The women I know who are threatened by women don't have female friends. Yet Knox had such a dedicated relationship with Madison Paxton.

That's not exactly right. Madison Paxton had a dedicated relationship with Knox because she was pursuing a career in photography and she had, by chance, used Knox as a photo model prior to Knox's arrest.

"After graduating in photography at the University of Washington in Seattle, Paxton has found work at a local paper in Perugia, riding local trains to photograph outlying Umbrian towns in a bid to build up the paper's photographic archive, when she is not paying one of her six-a-month hourly visits to Knox."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/sep/18/amanda-knox-awaits-verdict

Knox wasn't terminated from working at Patrick's pub, but her role was changed from server to standing on the street handing out pamphlets, whereas Meredith had been hired on the spot (without applying for a job) to mix drinks.

Yeah... young people that like to party, met at parties, smoked together, fancies her, see each other in the street and basketball court, see at the bars, lives a block or two from her boyfriend, common friends, etc.
would not interact?????

In reality... his liking her might would make him succeptable to doing something a little out of character. Don't ya think?

The same way the spin has been to refer to AK/RS as so young and there's no reason for this young couple to have committed this crime. All the while putting sole responsibility on RG. Wanting everyone to forget that he is younger than RS and only months older than AK but that is never mentioned when referencing their age.

The US media has, for six years, tried to paint Guede as a black, homeless drifter and drug dealer, but, of the three convicted murderers, he was the only one that had roots in Perugia. He was raised by a prominent family in Perugia, he was not a drifter, he was not homeless and, to his credit, he accepted responsibility for his involvement in the murder.

It has even been recently suggested here that because he was a homeless, drug dealing drifter he broke into the cottage to use the bathroom (since homeless drifters don't have bathrooms) ... this apparently explains why he allegedly threw a rock through Filomina's window and scaled a shear 13 foot wall to enter the cottage.

Rudy was at a party in the downstairs apartment that Amanda and Meredith also attended. Amanda may have also served him a beer or two at the bar where she worked. There is no evidence that Rudy had any other social interaction with the two young women.

There is no reliable evidence that Raffaele ever met Rudy. During the first trial, the prosecution presented a witness who claimed to have seen Meredith, Amanda, Raffaele and Rudy walking to the cottage. At a time when Raffaele was known for certain to be elsewhere. Just one of several prosecution witnesses that made claims that could not be true during that trial.

From all accounts, Knox needs nothing more than eye contact with a man before establishing an intimate relationship. Are we now supposed to believe that after socializing with Guede four times, they were still strangers?

It is true that Meredith had no relationship with Guede.

Im sorry jim But how do you know all they were on was pot? I'm aware of the effects of pot. It wouldn't be the first time someone has lied about drugs and they don't have the best track record for telling the truth when it comes to that night.

Because that is what was testified? And I don't recall the prosecution trying to prove otherwise? But that's not really my point anyway. When people claim they killed while whacked out on drugs, I think they are lumping all drugs in together. Don't think that's appropriate.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK... but there was a list and it had only 2 knives listed. What would you do with the murder weapon?

Would you throw away one of two knives on your landlord's inventory list?
Would you go to the knife store and get a new one?
Would you just put one of your combat knives in there instead?

Why do you say 'impulsive'? There is quite some debate over premeditation.
Knife from RSs/Turn off phones/etc

IMO I do not think they originally planned to kill... it just ended that way.
I could be wrong... but RG being there leads me to think this way. Taking a third party might work for scaring/hazing/pranking/bullying/etc... but not for murder IMO.

But you're saying they brought the knife from RS's apartment? Either they planned ahead and brought the knife or it just happened, in which case the knife is not the murder weapon. I don't think you can have it both ways.

Jim

Because that is what was testified? And I don't recall the prosecution trying to prove otherwise? But that's not really my point anyway. When people claim they killed while whacked out on drugs, I think they are lumping all drugs in together. Don't think that's appropriate.

Jim

So ... on the night of the murder ... were they whacked on drugs and unable to remember what they did, or did they cooking dinner three times and watch a movie that simply stopped playing shortly after 9pm?

From all accounts, Knox needs nothing more than eye contact with a man before establishing an intimate relationship. Are we now supposed to believe that after socializing with Guede four times, they were still strangers?

It is true that Meredith had no relationship with Guede.

Otto, there you go again. This is a ridiculous statement.

Jim

But you're saying they brought the knife from RS's apartment? Either they planned ahead and brought the knife or it just happened, in which case the knife is not the murder weapon. I don't think you can have it both ways.

Jim

No... the knife could be brought to scare/prank/bully/assault but no murder was planned.

Or the knife could be brought to murder originally.

Impulsive would be killing with what is handy... not a knife brought with you for whatever reason.

So ... on the night of the murder ... were they whacked on drugs and unable to remember what they did, or did they cooking dinner three times and watch a movie that simply stopped playing shortly after 9pm?

I think they smoked some pot, probably chilled a bit, watched a movie, ate, had sex. You know, acted their age.

Jim

My understanding is that Conti and Vecchiotti flexed the knife and swabbed near the base of the blade, where it joins the handle. However, they had previously asked for permission to disassemble the knife but were refused. "With the agreement of the parties, two further samples were taken from the point of contact between the blade and the handle, on opposite sides of the knife, and these samples were indicated with the letters H-I."

Thanks. Can you please provide me with a link to the refusal of disassembling the knife. Greatly appreciated

No... the knife could be brought to scare/prank/bully/assault but no murder was planned.

Or the knife could be brought to murder originally.

Impulsive would be killing with what is handy... not a knife brought with you for whatever reason.

Why wouldn't they just use a knife from AK's apartment? Bringing the knife, and bringing it back, seem highly improbable to me.

Jim

Otto, there you go again. This is a ridiculous statement.

Jim

Knox is a ridiculous woman. She made eye contact with Sollecito at a music recital and from then on, she stayed at his apartment. It is possible that she didn't even bother with eye contact before having sex with the man on the train.

Why wouldn't they just use a knife from AK's apartment? Bringing the knife, and bringing it back, seem highly improbable to me.

Jim

I don't know... I big knife is kind a scary. Especially for a prank/intimidation sort of thing.

Busting in and then going to get a knife from the kitchen wouldn't be a scary IMO.

Of course the knife might be in a bag or something for different reasons.

Grabbing a knife from RS's makes both of them carrying knives.

I think they smoked some pot, probably chilled a bit, watched a movie, ate, had sex. You know, acted their age.

Jim

It's interesting to see that the defense of Sollecito and Knox requires one to accept that false accusations (not confessions) of murder against innocent people are common, that lying during a murder investigation is okay, that alibi claims of "being too stoned to remember" is acceptable, that contamination of DNA is common, and that the judicial system of an entire EU country is corrupt.

Now we should also accept that 20 year olds "whacked out on drugs" is representative of "acting their age"?

Can we lower the bar any more without reaching hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895