Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember looking at Ron and his ideas a couple of years ago. Anyone that writes a serious report about a crime scene really should talk with investigators, visit the scene, measure everything, accept known facts of the case, be objective, and re-enact if possible. If an actual re-enactment is not possible, then certainly a virtual one is. Did he use any software to illustrate the rock trajectory, force, speed, how the rock was landed under the desk if it was thrown from the parking area?

ETA: I see his theory starts with Guede in the house and Meredith sitting on her bed. That seems to skip the important question of how he got into the house.
I cannot recall if Hendry believed Guede entered via the window (as a robber) or if he rang the bell, and later staged the scene himself in case anyone knew he had been going to see MK. The latter seems feasible; however it leaves open many questions about Knox and Sollecito.....etawhat is feasible also is that Meredith arrived home while Guede was in the toilet. The heat was not on, the washer not emptied, her jacket still on, her books on the bed.... IYO, how do these facts fit in with Knox and Sollecito scenario?

Looking at the pictures attached to his scenario, I wonder what was on the floor in 3 by the L marker. I seem to remember reading about it years ago but I guess I'll have to look into that.

Looking at the pictures attached to his scenario, I wonder what was on the floor in 3 by the L marker. I seem to remember reading about it years ago but I guess I'll have to look into that.
You mean the object near the sneaker?

You mean the object near the sneaker?

No I mean what's missing that was there during the attack?See the outline made with the blood above the L marker?

No I mean what's missing that was there during the attack?See the outline made with the blood above the L marker?
Yes, and IIRC Hendry has said that the arc of smeared blood may have been from police investigators. Have to re-read as I find the time, but he does explain in his purview all of the various blood smears, etc.

I am assuming he was able to read the investigative reports and obtain measurements; not certain if Italian LE wanted to speak with him.

Yes, all true. I think he may have used software. He was somehow able to set forth a Rudy-alone scenario which was as airtight as was possible, or at least appeared to be to many people (including FBI Moore). . He had experience, albeit with accident reconstruction - but a crime scene is somewhat akin, especially a disorganized one.

But the general sketch of Guede as lone wolf which he shows with graphics in #s 1-6, is it generally sustainable as a scenario in your opinion? I am very open to input against it, because I have made up my mind to be wholly objective at this point. I look at all input, from all sides.....

Accident reconstruction usually involves using industry specific software and calculating trajectories, vehicle speed, impact speed, angle of impact and so on. I don't think a background in accident reconstruction helps regarding blood evidence or spatter. Also, if the theory starts with Guede in the cottage with no explanation for the broken window, or glass on the ransacked clothing, I don't really understand how his skills are useful.

Accident reconstruction usually involves using industry specific software and calculating trajectories, vehicle speed, impact speed, angle of impact and so on. I don't think a background in accident reconstruction helps regarding blood evidence or spatter. Also, if the theory starts with Guede in the cottage with no explanation for the broken window, or glass on the ransacked clothing, I don't really understand how his skills are useful.
Well, he certainly was no novice and must have made use of those things...In any case, it is all grist for the mill, and you may be very right in what you say. He was able to persuade quite a lot of people because his scenario makes a certain amount of sense (and lets the 2 defendants be viewed as innocent, and ILE as corrupt, perchance).
I am not sold on anything; not a "believer" but trying to examine all.

@Amber 29:
In any case Hendry asserts that ILE made quite a number of blunders (do not know if I believe this) and some stains themselves as they moved through the scene:

(from a bungled investigation: Sect 4: Hendry )

Police moved the nightstand toward the bed, covering the stain created during the initial attack on Meredith. Then they removed the boots and discovered the stain under the bed. They did not realize they had created this bloodstain themselves, so they invented a bogus theory to explain it

*But Otto may well be right: He was not an official part of any aspect of this investigation; so take all with a grain of salt.

I have read he Massei report. It is, of course a Judge justifying a conviction despite evidence to the contrary. I find his handwaving away the fact that the photos show nothing that the prosecution alleges quite sad, really.

I never realized that there was no documentation of the glass which was supposed to be important evidence of staging. Wow!

I never realized that there was no documentation of the glass which was supposed to be important evidence of staging. Wow!

The prosecution also claimed that finding no glass on the ground below the window was evidence that the break in was staged. There is however no evidence that they searched for glass at that location. The crime scene photos of that area show technicians using that spot for smoke breaks.

I am assuming he was able to read the investigative reports and obtain measurements; not certain if Italian LE wanted to speak with him.

Yes, all true. I think he may have used software. He was somehow able to set forth a Rudy-alone scenario which was as airtight as was possible, or at least appeared to be to many people (including FBI Moore). . He had experience, albeit with accident reconstruction - but a crime scene is somewhat akin, especially a disorganized one.

But the general sketch of Guede as lone wolf which he shows with graphics in #s 1-6, is it generally sustainable as a scenario in your opinion? I am very open to input against it, because I have made up my mind to be wholly objective at this point. I look at all input, from all sides.....

Here is more from Hendry:

http://www.examiner.com/article/for...attacker-killed-meredith-kercher-explains-why

"I made a scale layout of the room, using the floor tiles to determine the exact location of bloodstains and other elements of the crime scene," he explains. "I took a slow, methodical approach. I spent dozens of hours poring over the photos, looking at the details that reveal what happened."

"Every element of this crime scene points to an outside intruder," says Hendry. "For starters, the forced entry was real, not staged. I have looked at many accidents involving broken windows, and the spray of glass on the floor shows clearly that this window was broken exactly the way it appears, by someone heaving a rock from outside."

So just 2 or 3 were questioning AK and not 12.
I think it's safe to say 12 is no exaggeration or made up for spin, most of the officers involved, along w/Mignini, filed a slander suit against her. Adding him makes 13.

The prosecution also claimed that finding no glass on the ground below the window was evidence that the break in was staged. There is however no evidence that they searched for glass at that location. The crime scene photos of that area show technicians using that spot for smoke breaks.
Yah, and nobody noticed the glass they were standing on. Having a window broken a few times, I remember that there is glass falling on both sides. Not just invisible pieces. There was no glass on the outside, the glass on the window sill was in line as if the shutters were closed and the window was broken from the inside.

I think it's safe to say 12 is no exaggeration or made up for spin, most of the officers involved, along w/Mignini, filed a slander suit against her. Adding him makes 13.
There are detailed witness accounts about who was questioning AK.
One police officer with one or two assistants. Nobody changed seats after 10 minutes. All the others in the list were not even in the room. So yes, it is spin to imply that they were involved in the one hour 'coercion'.
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Anna_Donnino's_Testimony_(English)

He has blood dripping a day after Meredith was killed. I don't think it takes that long for blood to dry.

From the Examiner piece:

It is obvious that this attack was the work of one enraged man, who acted entirely alone," says Hendry. He explains that in such a tiny space, the presence of multiple attackers would have been easy to detect, because they could not have avoided stepping in blood. They would also have blocked some of the blood spatter that ended up on the floor and on the door of the wardrobe closet.

In reconstructing the murder, Hendry also uncovered a stunning forensic blunder made by police. "I determined that blood stains found under the bed, 47 days after the crime, could not have been deposited when Meredith was killed, because there were objects in the way."
BBM- how many hours had the victim been dead when the investigators came in? How would blood stains have gotten under the bed? must reflect on this......ETA: I have a hard time telling how decisive the bolded statements above are, how factual, or is it just goobledegock to persuade people of one view? I have no forensic experience, so I just don't know.....Is there a way to refute this bit via Massei?

Cannot fully understand this bit, as I don't know how long it takes for blood to FULLY dry:

The police knew this, [that objects were beneath the bed] says Hendry, but they made a fundamental mistake in their analysis. They concluded that the objects were put there after the murder to cover those blood stains, as part of a staging activity. But Hendry's analysis revealed that the truth is quite different.

"The police created these bloodstains themselves," he says. "Photos show that they ransacked the room after the murder, and they carelessly tossed a pair of blood-soaked boots under the bed with other footwear.

"When they removed this footwear from under the bed, they found the stains made by blood that had not yet dried when the boots were moved and had dripped onto the floor.
They looked at pictures taken the day Meredith was found, saw that a shopping bag was covering the floor at the spot where the stains were located, and jumped to exactly the wrong conclusion."

It was a useful error for the prosecution, Hendry notes, because it helped them frame two innocent people.
Blood not fully dried some 12 hours later? I guess it's possible...

There are detailed witness accounts about who was questioning AK.
One police officer with one or two assistants. Nobody changed seats after 10 minutes. All the others in the list were not even in the room. So yes, it is spin to imply that they were involved in the one hour 'coercion'.
http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Anna_Donnino's_Testimony_(English)

sherlockh, you're putting words in my mouth and inserting arguments clearly out of left field.
I stand by my previous post.

SMK
I just looked through the crime scene photos and on the pictures from dec 18th (the day Meredith's purse was collected) the nightstand was still its original position and stuff wasn't piled under the bed. I don't know what day the picture Ron Hendry uses for his botched investigation picture showing the nightstand up against the bed and everything piled up but it proofs nothing. By this point that room had been photographed and video repeatedly.

I must ask how long were the police expected to leave that room in the condition it was found? Considering the furniture hadn't been moved on the dec 18th visit.

ETA http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=21&image_id=3402
http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=21&image_id=1332
Pictures taken dec18th no boots under the bed and blood stain clearly visible near nightstand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95